Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game 23:35 - Aug 1 with 9657 viewsbonymine

These are all the pubs in and around the Vetch/Sandfields which I can remember since 1978.
Each had their own individual atmosphere and many are no longer there but being a Sandfields boy at heart I thought I'd post this to stimulate some nostalgia about the 'good old days'.

Please let us know your personal experiences at any of these pubs :

Quadrant Gate
Martha's
Hocks
Queens
Builders
Wyndham
Pantygwydr
Brooklands
Tredegar
Robin Hood
Clarendon
Badminton
Glamorgan
SeaBeach
Paxton
Swansea Jack
Clarence
THE GARI - my all time favourite...............Philly,.John the Bank
Singleton

HAPPY DAYS.........

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 23:40 - Aug 1 with 4825 viewsjackharris

The Gari was definitely the best in the alleyway with £1 cans of Carling!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 23:42 - Aug 1 with 4817 viewsQuakerJack

Gari and the Jack

We're quite fortunate that our new stadium is in an area where there are some decent pubs and not a load of manufactured bars. I know there's the harvester but we've got the Coopers and the Railway for the Gari fans...

I'm usually in the Landore Club, Railway, Coopers, Globe. Followed by a trek back into town for the station and a stop off in the smith's rough and ready but I wouldn't swap them pubs for all the harvesters in the universe.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 23:59 - Aug 1 with 4790 viewsmax936

Clarendon and Paxton I used to frequent great days, these days its the Alma mostly with the Railway now and again.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 10:11]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:02 - Aug 2 with 4779 viewsdgt73

Queens was the place to be, when i first started going into pubs and watching the Swans.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:16 - Aug 2 with 4763 viewsGowerjack

Garibaldi.

Rainbow.

Thread ended.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:30 - Aug 2 with 4745 viewsItchySphincter

It was always the Singleton and the Builders for us. Sometimes the Gari.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:34 - Aug 2 with 4737 viewsSlugster664

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:16 - Aug 2 by Gowerjack

Garibaldi.

Rainbow.

Thread ended.

Rainbow?

STID

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:37 - Aug 2 with 4735 viewsDyfnant

Was there an away fan friendly pub near the Vetch? Weren't they all kept around that batty boys bar on high street

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 01:02 - Aug 2 with 4722 viewslonglostjack

Quadrant courtesy of Richards buses then straight on to the ground for a pasty and a piss for us Cardis :-))

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 07:59 - Aug 2 with 4596 viewspencoedjack

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:02 - Aug 2 by dgt73

Queens was the place to be, when i first started going into pubs and watching the Swans.

Yep me too.

Martha's after was a fav with Pencoed lot.

Always enjoyed the pub crawl from the station down to vetch.

Great memories.
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 08:34 - Aug 2 with 4543 viewsFergal

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:37 - Aug 2 by Dyfnant

Was there an away fan friendly pub near the Vetch? Weren't they all kept around that batty boys bar on high street

Glamorgan wasn't it?
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 08:52 - Aug 2 with 4512 viewsGrandPrix

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 08:34 - Aug 2 by Fergal

Glamorgan wasn't it?

I believe this is the correct answer

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:10 - Aug 2 with 4411 viewsepaul

We use to drink in the Clarry and formed our own supporters group, we were the CLarence Independant Travelling Swans (CLITS) bout 20 of us, mind you thats was back in about 91

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:16 - Aug 2 with 4399 viewsmax936

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:10 - Aug 2 by epaul

We use to drink in the Clarry and formed our own supporters group, we were the CLarence Independant Travelling Swans (CLITS) bout 20 of us, mind you thats was back in about 91

I did the heating in the Clarence about 30yrs ago, the landlady was a big old blonde lady, very nice she was too, although I wouldn't have wanted to argue with her, she had a barman working there, who seemed to have Queens record "I want to break free" on a loop

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:18 - Aug 2 with 4394 viewsairedale

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 00:02 - Aug 2 by dgt73

I used to use the Builders, but now, with hindsight, I'd use the Queens. Proper pub.

Or the Duke or Adelphi, before they were improved.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2014 10:19]
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:22 - Aug 2 with 4384 viewsairedale

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 07:59 - Aug 2 by pencoedjack

Yep me too.

Martha's after was a fav with Pencoed lot.

Always enjoyed the pub crawl from the station down to vetch.

Great memories.

Shoulder of Mutton and the Adam and Eve. The Adam and Eve was one of the founder members of CAMRA.
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 4375 viewsepaul

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:16 - Aug 2 by max936

I did the heating in the Clarence about 30yrs ago, the landlady was a big old blonde lady, very nice she was too, although I wouldn't have wanted to argue with her, she had a barman working there, who seemed to have Queens record "I want to break free" on a loop

Bit before my time that, when we were about 14/15 we'd go to the 4J's on Northampton lane as we'd get served a pint in there no questions!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:28 - Aug 2 with 4360 viewsmax936

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:23 - Aug 2 by epaul

Bit before my time that, when we were about 14/15 we'd go to the 4J's on Northampton lane as we'd get served a pint in there no questions!

Fibber, you would have been about 18 then mun.

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 4360 viewsairedale

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:23 - Aug 2 by epaul

They used to have a Welsh night in there didn't they? Hwyrnos?
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:29 - Aug 2 with 4360 viewsDrWig

Clarence for the Rhomdda Jacks. We even had polo shirts around 1990.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 4354 viewspencoedjack

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:22 - Aug 2 by airedale

Shoulder of Mutton and the Adam and Eve. The Adam and Eve was one of the founder members of CAMRA.

Always the start of our pub crawl after getting of the train.

Which one used to have bands on a Saturday starting about 6 ?
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 4353 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:29 - Aug 2 by airedale

They used to have a Welsh night in there didn't they? Hwyrnos?

That was down Green Dragon lane off Wind street mate. Four J's = four joints

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:48 - Aug 2 with 4320 viewsairedale

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:32 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

That was down Green Dragon lane off Wind street mate. Four J's = four joints

'Course! Doh. 4Js must be Bobby Sullivan's old place then?
Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:56 - Aug 2 with 4305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:48 - Aug 2 by airedale

'Course! Doh. 4Js must be Bobby Sullivan's old place then?

I'm not sure. Kinda turned into a Dora's replacement (but without the class lol)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Best Pubs around the Vetch before a game on 10:58 - Aug 2 with 4302 viewsblobby2

When under age we sometimes went in the George in bond St. Can remember going skinny dipping one night and when we got back the landlady (Amy?) Was waiting for us outside with a tray of hot pies.
Pubs ain't the same anymore.

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024