Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales would be in the semi finals 22:06 - Jul 3 with 1409 viewstrampie

If Wales had the same draw as England.

Wales recently beat Czech Republic in a World cup qualifier at home by the exact same scoreline as England.

Wales fairly recently drew with Croatia 1-1 at home, England won 1-0, ok but England only drew at home to Scotland, Wales have beaten Scotland the last few times, in fact I think Wales have beaten Scotland 5 out of the last 6 times and Wales were likely not just to beat the Scots but hammer them

I think Wales would have beaten Germany, the Germans have recently lost at home to North Macedonia in the World cup and only snatched a last minute draw at home to Hungary, Wales recently beat Hungary in a winner takes all match 2-0.

Wales would easily have beaten Ukraine on neutral ground, Wales with a superior World ranking

All in all if Wales had had England's draw and home games, Wales would be in the semi's, England for their part might not have qualified out of the group if they had had Wales draw, England would have been expected to lose away to Italy and it would all depend on what they could have done against a good Swiss side out in Asia.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 22:08]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:11 - Jul 3 with 990 viewsGwyn737

That’s not how football works but crack on.
Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:14 - Jul 3 with 986 viewsraynor94

God, you're hands must be red raw! Time for a break again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:20 - Jul 3 with 981 viewstrampie

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:11 - Jul 3 by Gwyn737

That’s not how football works but crack on.

I'm a logical guy, I'm big on facts and figures, no reason with the same draw as England that Wales would have been back in the semi finals just like they were in the last Euros.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:26 - Jul 3 with 969 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:29 - Jul 3 with 961 viewsGwyn737

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:20 - Jul 3 by trampie

I'm a logical guy, I'm big on facts and figures, no reason with the same draw as England that Wales would have been back in the semi finals just like they were in the last Euros.

“ Wales would easily have beaten Ukraine on neutral ground, Wales with a superior World ranking”

If that’s how it works I’m going to make a fortune in sports betting.
Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:33 - Jul 3 with 956 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:20 - Jul 3 by trampie

Wales did not look as if they could beat anyone on their Denmark perforamance. Heavy legged and lacking in energy. In 2016 Wales had hardened pros like Ledley, King, Taylor Williams Chester Robson Kanu with Allen Ramsey and Bale in their prime.

This will be a good experience for Brookes, Wilson, Morrell, Williams N, Connor and Tyler Roberts and James. All early twenties. They will be more rouned for Euro 24.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:35 - Jul 3 with 948 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:33 - Jul 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Wales did not look as if they could beat anyone on their Denmark perforamance. Heavy legged and lacking in energy. In 2016 Wales had hardened pros like Ledley, King, Taylor Williams Chester Robson Kanu with Allen Ramsey and Bale in their prime.

This will be a good experience for Brookes, Wilson, Morrell, Williams N, Connor and Tyler Roberts and James. All early twenties. They will be more rouned for Euro 24.

Assuming they'll qualify for Euro 2024 is very optimistic. Even with the extended format designed to enable lesser teams like Wales and Azerbaijan to qualify.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:47 - Jul 3 with 926 viewsKeithHaynes

Tyler Roberts not getting more than a subs shout was pretty poor management.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Wales would be in the semi finals on 23:34 - Jul 3 with 890 viewsjack_lord

Connor is 26 in a couple of months.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wales would be in the semi finals on 23:36 - Jul 3 with 887 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales would be in the semi finals on 23:34 - Jul 3 by jack_lord

Connor is 26 in a couple of months.

Some would say he needs to move or spend the next eight years at his hometown club. The latter meaning he will never be short of a few quid, the former ? Who can say ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales would be in the semi finals on 00:11 - Jul 4 with 866 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:35 - Jul 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Assuming they'll qualify for Euro 2024 is very optimistic. Even with the extended format designed to enable lesser teams like Wales and Azerbaijan to qualify.

I never assume qualification but Wales will still enter the qualifying for it whatever happens. They should have a half decent team

Ward

FB Davies Connor Roberts
CB Cabango Rodon
Brookes Levitt Colwill James
Roberts T Moore

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales would be in the semi finals on 06:56 - Jul 4 with 799 viewsjack247

This is a bit of a stretch.

Assuming we would have won a group with Croatia and the Czechs then beaten Germany.

England got lucky when Spain didn’t win their group. I think we’d have finished third in their group to be honest.
Wales would be in the semi finals on 07:01 - Jul 4 with 798 viewsThornburyswan

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:29 - Jul 3 by Gwyn737

“ Wales would easily have beaten Ukraine on neutral ground, Wales with a superior World ranking”

If that’s how it works I’m going to make a fortune in sports betting.

& you could do without the tournament just put the top 4 ranked teams into the semis, 1 plays 4 at home & 2 plays 3 at home with the two winners playing final at neutral venue - lot cheaper to organise & more pandemic friendly!
Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:12 - Jul 4 with 753 viewstrampie

Wales would be in the semi finals on 06:56 - Jul 4 by jack247

This is a bit of a stretch.

Assuming we would have won a group with Croatia and the Czechs then beaten Germany.

England got lucky when Spain didn’t win their group. I think we’d have finished third in their group to be honest.

Wales beat the Czech in the World cup at home just before this tournament, Wales drew at home with Croatia in qualifying for this tournament, Wales have had the beating of Scotland for years, if Wales had played those teams at home like England did in the Euros there is no reason Wales would not have won that group as evidenced by above.

Wales could have beaten a poor Germany at home, there is a line through Hungary who Germany failed to beat at home in their last game before losing to England, Wales beat Hungary in their last game to qualify for the Euros 2-0.

Wales have a higher ranking than the Ukraine.

Wales would have had a good chance of making back to back semis in the Euros if they had had the same draw as England.

Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:20 - Jul 4 with 738 viewsangryjack

Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:12 - Jul 4 by trampie

Wales beat the Czech in the World cup at home just before this tournament, Wales drew at home with Croatia in qualifying for this tournament, Wales have had the beating of Scotland for years, if Wales had played those teams at home like England did in the Euros there is no reason Wales would not have won that group as evidenced by above.

Wales could have beaten a poor Germany at home, there is a line through Hungary who Germany failed to beat at home in their last game before losing to England, Wales beat Hungary in their last game to qualify for the Euros 2-0.

Wales would have had a good chance of making back to back semis in the Euros if they had had the same draw as England.

Swans were higher ranked than Newport last season and lost....have a lie down mush football don't work like that...Iceland beat England last time...let's be hones Wales are not good enough or is page...picked wrong selections and formations and squad imo
Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:30 - Jul 4 with 730 viewsjack247

Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:12 - Jul 4 by trampie

In that case, keep winning in the Nations League, win our World Cup qualifying group and we’ll have a chance at being seeded higher in the World Cup. We may get a favourable draw then.

We’d have been underdogs against Croatia, Czechs and Germany (who had just manhandled Portugal). Could potentially have beaten any of them on our best day yes. Play like we had against Denmark and they’d all have beaten us, including Scotland.
Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:34 - Jul 4 with 726 viewspencoedjack

Swansea beat Chelsea a few years ago if we had played teams at different times we’d be European champions now.

What a load of nonsense by Trampie again
Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:49 - Jul 4 with 701 viewsBillyChong

Wales would be in the semi finals on 22:35 - Jul 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well they have to even it out considering the way the favour the ‘bigger’ teams when it comes to the tournament
Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:50 - Jul 4 with 700 viewstrampie

Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:34 - Jul 4 by pencoedjack

Swansea beat Chelsea a few years ago if we had played teams at different times we’d be European champions now.

What a load of nonsense by Trampie again

These aren't different times, these are as close as you are ever likely to get when comparing when you think about it, we have played Czech Rep, Hungary and Croatia in vital qualifying games in recent times.
Wales are ranked higher than Scotland and Ukraine and we have a recent line via Hungary through a very weak poor German team.

Wales would be in the semi finals on 09:20 - Jul 4 with 667 viewsSlugster664

My aunt would have been my uncle if she'd had a set of bollox...my eyes OP

This post has been edited by an administrator

STID

Wales would be in the semi finals on 09:51 - Jul 4 with 637 viewsonehunglow

Wales would be in the semi finals on 09:20 - Jul 4 by Slugster664

My aunt would have been my uncle if she'd had a set of bollox...my eyes OP

This post has been edited by an administrator

I just couldn't tap it in Slugs.Sometimes,you just gotta it back and ponder as to what ome people are like.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales would be in the semi finals on 10:30 - Jul 4 with 585 viewspencoedjack

Wales would be in the semi finals on 08:50 - Jul 4 by trampie

These aren't different times, these are as close as you are ever likely to get when comparing when you think about it, we have played Czech Rep, Hungary and Croatia in vital qualifying games in recent times.
Wales are ranked higher than Scotland and Ukraine and we have a recent line via Hungary through a very weak poor German team.

Like it or not at the moment England have the strongest squad in World football.

Their bench has at least 5 players ( in the current market) worth 80 million plus,
champions league winning full backs who can’t make the starting 11.

I’d say there only weakness is Southgate sticking with Pickford
Wales would be in the semi finals on 10:38 - Jul 4 with 574 viewstrampie

My observations about England are around their home fixtures against weak opposition, that Wales being one of the stronger teams in Europe with the same home fixtures might well have found themselves in the semi finals, I make no claims that this current Wales team is better than England head to head just that Wales given the same games might have found themselves in the semis.

Wales would be in the semi finals on 10:49 - Jul 4 with 557 viewsmonmouth

Strange thread when Wales were humiliatingly outplayed in 3 of their 4 matches whereas England have not looked in any trouble at all. Croatia and the Czechs would have beaten Wales at this tournament, and I wouldn’t have put money on against the Scots. May have beaten a very tired Ukraine, but that was the reward for winning their group and beating the Germans.

I might detest the England football bandwagon but they have gone about their business very efficiently and professionally. Wales would be nowhere near.

I guess we’ll see soon enough, if England lose 4-0 to the Danes. I hope they do, but somehow I can only see another straightforward win.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wales would be in the semi finals on 10:52 - Jul 4 with 555 viewsThornburyswan

Wales would be in the semi finals on 10:30 - Jul 4 by pencoedjack

Like it or not at the moment England have the strongest squad in World football.

Their bench has at least 5 players ( in the current market) worth 80 million plus,
champions league winning full backs who can’t make the starting 11.

I’d say there only weakness is Southgate sticking with Pickford

Not sure I see them as that strong - would appear a strange observation noting they haven’t conceded a goal yet but I think they are vulnerable defensively, Pickford throws in regular errors both CBs lack pace & Walker, whilst the only pace angle, can get wound up. If Italy play like they did against Belgium they will score.

To be fair to Southgate I think he knows this hence the 2 sitting midfielders to offer protection.

Agree they have quality attacking bench options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024