Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colston Statue vandals innocent 18:40 - Jan 5 with 15628 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston vandals are CLEARED: Gleeful BLM activists thank Banksy for his support after they are acquitted of criminal damage over toppling of Edward Colston statue - sparking outrage that jury has given a 'greenlight to political vandalism.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:05 - Jan 5 with 3892 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It seems the laws of criminal damage no longer apply in certain parts of the UK. A sad day for democracy and Law and Order.

No one had the right to cause criminal damage because their views are different to Laws democratically passed in Parliament.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 3883 viewsjack_lord

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:05 - Jan 5 by felixstowe_jack

It seems the laws of criminal damage no longer apply in certain parts of the UK. A sad day for democracy and Law and Order.

No one had the right to cause criminal damage because their views are different to Laws democratically passed in Parliament.

Totally disgraceful, doesn't matter what their views are. We still have laws. Imagine if the same people decided to rape a bunch of girls because they thought that was ok in the name of their movement.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:17 - Jan 5 with 3877 viewsBoundy

A precedent has been set so its an open house now for like minded vandals .You disagree with history then crack on and tear it down because it would appear there little or no consequences for your actions.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 3857 viewsSirjohnalot

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:17 - Jan 5 by Boundy

A precedent has been set so its an open house now for like minded vandals .You disagree with history then crack on and tear it down because it would appear there little or no consequences for your actions.

A Crown Court does not set precedents. No one here was in court to hear the evidence
, so it’s always difficult to comment if you’re not there.

Twelve independent, normal members of the public heard all the evidence and cleared them
based on lawful authority or reasonable excuse.

Like it or not, it is democracy in action. The alternative is a single judge making a decision or simply the police Deciding who’s guilty or not
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 3857 viewsFlashberryjack

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2022/01/05/6960036378112246367/636x38

Hello

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:42 - Jan 5 with 3838 viewsBoundy

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Sirjohnalot

A Crown Court does not set precedents. No one here was in court to hear the evidence

Twelve independent, normal members of the public heard all the evidence and cleared them

Like it or not, it is democracy in action. The alternative is a single judge making a decision or simply the police Deciding who’s guilty or not

I appreciate you weren't there ? but lawful authority or reasonable excuse , I wonder what would they be ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:46 - Jan 5 with 3824 viewsonehunglow

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:42 - Jan 5 by Boundy

I appreciate you weren't there ? but lawful authority or reasonable excuse , I wonder what would they be ?

Were not these glorying in doing this.It is a crime still.
What reasonable excuse would there be.
It show how deeply hypocrite thee cretin are as they wont do jail as a martyr but use the system they hate to set them free.
Perfect hypocrisy.

We are so totally donald ducked and we are all to blame

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:47 - Jan 5 with 3825 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:34 - Jan 5 by Sirjohnalot

CCTV evidence, they admitted being there, pretty strong case I'd say.

But of course your unbiased opinion is always appreciated.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:48 - Jan 5 with 3814 viewsonehunglow

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:47 - Jan 5 by Flashberryjack

CCTV evidence, they admitted being there, pretty strong case I'd say.

But of course your unbiased opinion is always appreciated.

Did they deny it flash or simply come up with a reasonable excuse.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:12 - Jan 5 with 3780 viewsSirjohnalot

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:48 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

https://thebristolcable.org/2021/12/colston-heavily-involved-in-britains-most-pr

Have a look at this. Can you imagine living in Bristol,and seeing the statue of this person everyday, knowing he was responsible or involved in the death of so many black people. The plaque on it, did Not mention anything to do with that, it praised him, celebrated his life.

If I was defending, I’d ask the jury to imagine that, especially if you’re black, if you had the opportunity, what would you do ? What was going through their minds, at that time, was it reasonable ? As the defence expert said ‘can you imagine if that was a statute of Hitler ?

On a side point, the Crown employed a QC to prosecute it ! Completely over the top. That’d have costs thousands.

Also goes to illustrate what I was saying about Capital punishment. Jury probably didn’t convict due to feeling sorry for them, a jury would likely not want to send someone to their death
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 20:17]
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 3778 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 19:48 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

From what I can gather, they were not denying the charge.

"Despite the two-week trial revolving around the criminal damage charge, the defence argued the protestors' actions were justified, at one point urging members of the jury to 'be on the right side of history'"

Throughout the trial, the protestors did not disagree that they were the ones who orchestrated the demise of the statue, but argued their actions were accounted for because the statue itself had been a hate crime against the people of Bristol"

We may be signing this guy on loan.

Hello

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:31 - Jan 5 with 3746 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:12 - Jan 5 by Sirjohnalot

https://thebristolcable.org/2021/12/colston-heavily-involved-in-britains-most-pr

Have a look at this. Can you imagine living in Bristol,and seeing the statue of this person everyday, knowing he was responsible or involved in the death of so many black people. The plaque on it, did Not mention anything to do with that, it praised him, celebrated his life.

If I was defending, I’d ask the jury to imagine that, especially if you’re black, if you had the opportunity, what would you do ? What was going through their minds, at that time, was it reasonable ? As the defence expert said ‘can you imagine if that was a statute of Hitler ?

On a side point, the Crown employed a QC to prosecute it ! Completely over the top. That’d have costs thousands.

Also goes to illustrate what I was saying about Capital punishment. Jury probably didn’t convict due to feeling sorry for them, a jury would likely not want to send someone to their death
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 20:17]

The application of law should never be based on “can you imagine…”.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:36 - Jan 5 with 3740 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not criminal damage if the article destroyed was offensive, it's called cleaning up.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:41 - Jan 5 with 3735 viewsSirjohnalot

One of the defendants was called Mr Scuse, should change his first name to ‘Reasonable’
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:43 - Jan 5 with 3730 viewsonehunglow

Burglary will be next.Like drugs ,they cant control it so why not.

We have utterly lost our way as a society.

Frankly,in some ways,it makes me laugh as it seems there will be massive karma for the next generation .

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:53 - Jan 5 with 3710 viewsItchySphincter

Good.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:55 - Jan 5 with 3713 viewsSirjohnalot

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:31 - Jan 5 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

The application of law should never be based on “can you imagine…”.

It certain situations such as reasonable excuse and self defence that’s exactly what it is. You put yourself in the position of the defendant to see if what they did was reasonable.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:56 - Jan 5 with 3708 viewsSirjohnalot

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:43 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

Burglary will be next.Like drugs ,they cant control it so why not.

We have utterly lost our way as a society.

Frankly,in some ways,it makes me laugh as it seems there will be massive karma for the next generation .

It in no way equates to Burglary and has no bearing on any future trials.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:02 - Jan 5 with 3673 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 20:36 - Jan 5 by controversial_jack

It's not criminal damage if the article destroyed was offensive, it's called cleaning up.

Sounds like a great idea, problem is ************************

Hello

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:08 - Jan 5 with 3664 viewsDr_Parnassus

Holding historical figures to modern day standards is one of the most stupid things someone can do.

It shows a complete lack of intelligence or understanding of the subject even to the most basic of levels.

There is a vegan wave at the moment and looks like the future may very well be vegan. I can actually envisage the moronic rebels of year 2250 tearing down statues of important people today citing their hand in the death of millions of land animals.

Slavery was unfortunately a way of life back then, it had nothing to do with ''black people'', large parts of the world was run by slavery, be that white, black, brown or otherwise. It was to do with economics and power, not race.

It was a different time and society hadn't developed to the place it has today.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 3653 viewsGruffStephens

I suppose it’s all ok until it’s your property or your belongings.
Best I can do.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:17 - Jan 5 with 3640 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:08 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Holding historical figures to modern day standards is one of the most stupid things someone can do.

It shows a complete lack of intelligence or understanding of the subject even to the most basic of levels.

There is a vegan wave at the moment and looks like the future may very well be vegan. I can actually envisage the moronic rebels of year 2250 tearing down statues of important people today citing their hand in the death of millions of land animals.

Slavery was unfortunately a way of life back then, it had nothing to do with ''black people'', large parts of the world was run by slavery, be that white, black, brown or otherwise. It was to do with economics and power, not race.

I feel the same about comedians who get hauled over the coals for jokes they made 20 years ago when the line that was ‘acceptable’ was in a very different place.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:21 - Jan 5 with 3617 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:17 - Jan 5 by Gwyn737

I feel the same about comedians who get hauled over the coals for jokes they made 20 years ago when the line that was ‘acceptable’ was in a very different place.

Indeed, there are probably things that people do today (maybe many on this very thread) which is part of every day life in the modern day... where as in 200 years time will be unbelievable to many.

I do believe the mass slaughter of billions of animals every year will be amongst that. I think people will look back and wonder how the human race could do such a thing in an age when there really wasn't any need to.

Expect your gravestone to be vandalised if there is any pictures of you eating a burger Gwyn.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 21:29]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:22 - Jan 5 with 3615 viewsProfessor

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:08 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not true Dr P.
Demand for meat is increasing per capita globally. Despite what vested interests of multinationals behind promoting ‘veganuary’ to sell highly processed foods.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 21:23 - Jan 5 with 3600 viewsLucky_Jack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024