Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colston Statue vandals innocent 18:40 - Jan 5 with 15473 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston vandals are CLEARED: Gleeful BLM activists thank Banksy for his support after they are acquitted of criminal damage over toppling of Edward Colston statue - sparking outrage that jury has given a 'greenlight to political vandalism.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 12:09 - Jan 6 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 11:15 - Jan 6 by Professor

But humans are monogastric. We can't easily extract sufficient nutritional value from plants like ruminants can. It's why we, chimps and pigs are omnivores.

It may be an accepted fact in the media, but it is fundamentally incorrect based on a flawed 2006 FAO report which greatly overestimates land use and greenhouse gas emissions. This is widely recognised in science, but not the media.

There is no argument that less, but higher welfare, meat should be eaten, but the benefits of veganism are being strongly pushed by the vested interests by the large multinationals flogging meat alternatives.

The latest study I read from scientists at Massachusetts General Hospital was pretty damning when it came to health and dietary choices.

Every 3% increase in calories from plant protein was found to reduce risk of death by 10%. The research base was extensive with over 100,000 subjects and spanned 3 decades.

Men on a vegetarian diet are thought to live 10 years longer than those that aren’t, where as women can extend their lifespan by 6 years. That was found by researches at Loma Linda University in the States.

The statistics look absolutely clear on that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 12:14 - Jan 6 with 788 viewsDr_Parnassus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 11:54 - Jan 6 by Catullus

It's nothing like a statue of Hitler in my opinion. Colston is from way back at a time when this was the accepted way of things. During his own time Hitler was committing crimes against humanity, Colston wasn't. The fact that today his involvement in slavery is abhorrent to us, it doesn't justify crimes.

The statue should have been taken down. There was plenty of fuss about it, plenty of people objected to it. I blame the council, they should have acted on the complaints. In a properly functioning democracy maybe they would have. Our democracy hasn't been properly functioning for a while though.

If vandalism against reminders of slavery and awful acts against humanity is allowed then why not burn down the houses (Colston was an MP too) of Parliament? Why not bomb Buckingham Palace? There are lots of reminders, everywhere we look. King Charles II and the Duke of York set up the Royal Africa Company, so why not dismantle the Monarchy?

The rule of law has to take precedent otherwise it's a slippery slope. Would I be justified in killing a paedophile who molested my son? many parents would think I had a reasonable excuse. We cannot pick and choose when the law applies or anarchy is coming. These vandals could have been found guilty and given the most minimal punishment, a nod to the moral justification of what they did but a reminder that it was still a crime.

Edit, if a paedo had molested my son I would definitely have gone to prison!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 12:11]

Correct. The Hitler comparison is like the Savile one. Both can be considered evil and committed crimes against humanity that was a product of their own minds, not the product of the era and environment they lived in. 400 years ago, slavey was a way of life.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 771 viewsLuther27

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 11:59 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

It is exactly as you say Cat

Sadly,this society of ours is guilt ridden and feels unable to move forward without navel gazing and deep thought about matter 200 years ago.

It amazes me how the Japanese do not all commit suicide given their barbarity not that long ago.
German and Dutch have plenty of their history intact .

I wonder what the Z+ generation will feel guilty about….lol
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 725 viewsEbo

hahah I see the gammons are fuming on here mun, fuming

All on the anniversary of the far right riots at the capital which many on here saw nothing wrong with,

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 14:24 - Jan 6 with 711 viewsBoundy

Any snow falling , anywhere ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 14:28 - Jan 6 with 703 viewsonehunglow

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 14:24 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Chilly here in La la land boundy

On beach this morning,snow clearly visible on Welsh mountains. They can keep it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 15:08 - Jan 6 with 680 viewsFlashberryjack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 14:24 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Just a couple of flakes on here.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 15:48 - Jan 6 with 644 viewsCatullus

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 15:08 - Jan 6 by Flashberryjack

Cadbury's?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 641 viewscontroversial_jack

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 23:28 - Jan 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Any serious concerns over justice due to the location for the trial and/or jurors, then it should be moved regardless of perceived scale of crime.

It has wider ramifications than just this crime of course. Any damage caused to property with any sort of links to historical standards is now fair game.

Can I smash up Mercedes Benz cars whenever I see them because they used (overwhelmingly white) slave labor in World War 2? Throw paint over Hugo Boss clothing for the same reason?

As a white person especially, that should be classed as a confronting sight.

I should really be able to do as I wish given the arguments given in this case.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 23:30]

Why were there concerns over a jury made up from Bristolians, would ppl from Bath or Birmingham feel any different?

As Sir John pointed out, a jury can decide whatever it wants. If it feels that it was justified , then justified it is.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:01 - Jan 6 with 632 viewsItchySphincter

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 13:50 - Jan 6 by Ebo

All on the anniversary of the far right riots at the capital which many on here saw nothing wrong with,

There are a few orators about who people assume talk sense because of the skill and eloquence of their prose, when in reality they just promote filth and bile.

Naming no names like.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:18 - Jan 6 with 622 viewsBoundy

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 15:08 - Jan 6 by Flashberryjack

Who'd have thought eh

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 621 viewsBoundy

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 14:28 - Jan 6 by onehunglow

Chilly here in La la land boundy

On beach this morning,snow clearly visible on Welsh mountains. They can keep it.

That as close I like to get to the stuff , far far away

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:26 - Jan 6 with 609 viewstrampie

What about statues of Winston Churchill ?, could they now be seen as fair game after this ruling, apparently they have been attacked in the past on numerous occasions, I think the last person was fined if that was so could he appeal in light of this latest verdict, what does our resident barrister think ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 596 viewsGwyn737

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:26 - Jan 6 by trampie

What about statues of Winston Churchill ?, could they now be seen as fair game after this ruling, apparently they have been attacked in the past on numerous occasions, I think the last person was fined if that was so could he appeal in light of this latest verdict, what does our resident barrister think ?

I'm sure SirJohn has a far better handle on me than this, but my first reaction is no, the rulling won't make any difference to past or future trials.

The law has not been changed. New law has not been made.

It's a one off verdict from a jury trail.

It's not now fair game, it's not a slippery slope, its not the thin end of the wedge or any other of the Daily Mail type sensationalist sayings.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:59 - Jan 6 with 582 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Who exactly is “fuming”? It’s been quite a calm sensible discussion so far.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:05 - Jan 6 with 579 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:26 - Jan 6 by trampie

I saw a documentary once about this young confused delinquent child who fell into the wrong crowd and cut the head off the statue of the founder of the town. The townsfolk were so angry running around with pitchforks and everything, in the end he returned the head to the statue and apologised and the townsfolk forgave him.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 577 viewsBoundy

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:05 - Jan 6 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

I saw a documentary once about this young confused delinquent child who fell into the wrong crowd and cut the head off the statue of the founder of the town. The townsfolk were so angry running around with pitchforks and everything, in the end he returned the head to the statue and apologised and the townsfolk forgave him.

Was that The Simpsons?

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:08 - Jan 6 with 573 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:07 - Jan 6 by Boundy

Was that The Simpsons?

Possibly. I think they were all suffering from liver disease.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:23 - Jan 6 with 558 viewstrampie

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 16:44 - Jan 6 by Gwyn737

I'm sure SirJohn has a far better handle on me than this, but my first reaction is no, the rulling won't make any difference to past or future trials.

The law has not been changed. New law has not been made.

It's a one off verdict from a jury trail.

It's not now fair game, it's not a slippery slope, its not the thin end of the wedge or any other of the Daily Mail type sensationalist sayings.

I think your general take might be correct, but as regards could Churchill's statues be seen as fair game after this verdict by people that might view Churchill as a divisive character is another matter as they might see this as something of a green light.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 543 viewsTreforys_Jack

Really ? Just an adult sensible debate going on Ebo.
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:56 - Jan 6 with 527 viewsProfessor

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:23 - Jan 6 by trampie

I think your general take might be correct, but as regards could Churchill's statues be seen as fair game after this verdict by people that might view Churchill as a divisive character is another matter as they might see this as something of a green light.

I would not fancy the chances of a Churchill statue in Rhondda. Equally Bristol has a strong black community, so perhaps why it is more than an issue in Liverpool
Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:00 - Jan 6 with 520 viewsWingstandwood

Here is the bleeding bloody obvious i.e. black lives did not matter to hypocritical Marxist/WOKE rabble and student activist types because they should not have gathered together with Covid out there... And not only that, it was extremely disrespectful to people of colour and NHS workers who had died and risked their own lives during the epidemic. Same applies to counter protesters also.

But hey these 'events' are sure a good excuse to attack the police caught in the middle! They get it from both sides! Every bit a farce just like the 'attention-seekingfest' that is the annual Swansea city centre 'White Pride V Counter Protest' that ends up as nothing more than an all day p1ss up for both sides united as one by means of belonging to the same self-indulgent drama queen charade.

They'd be gutted if South Wales Evening Post and the other side did not turn up, that would hit their ego's if no body gave two sh1ts about their willy-waving, that? Achieves absolutely s0d all other than wasting valuable police time!

REAL grown-up's with REAL concern do REAL things for black people e.g. Singleton Hospitals excellent clinical team(s) Gambia Project etc! You know the stuff, ACTION(S) that comes with REAL end product and REAL meaningful impact as opposed to a load of hot air!

Argus!

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:02 - Jan 6 with 518 viewstrampie

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 17:56 - Jan 6 by Professor

I would not fancy the chances of a Churchill statue in Rhondda. Equally Bristol has a strong black community, so perhaps why it is more than an issue in Liverpool

I asked before on here if remember right if there was any statues of Churchill in Wales ?, nobody replied, I personally can't think of one, I would have guessed there would be (a few), but there again I don't look at statues.

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:09 - Jan 6 with 511 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:00 - Jan 6 by Wingstandwood

Here is the bleeding bloody obvious i.e. black lives did not matter to hypocritical Marxist/WOKE rabble and student activist types because they should not have gathered together with Covid out there... And not only that, it was extremely disrespectful to people of colour and NHS workers who had died and risked their own lives during the epidemic. Same applies to counter protesters also.

But hey these 'events' are sure a good excuse to attack the police caught in the middle! They get it from both sides! Every bit a farce just like the 'attention-seekingfest' that is the annual Swansea city centre 'White Pride V Counter Protest' that ends up as nothing more than an all day p1ss up for both sides united as one by means of belonging to the same self-indulgent drama queen charade.

They'd be gutted if South Wales Evening Post and the other side did not turn up, that would hit their ego's if no body gave two sh1ts about their willy-waving, that? Achieves absolutely s0d all other than wasting valuable police time!

REAL grown-up's with REAL concern do REAL things for black people e.g. Singleton Hospitals excellent clinical team(s) Gambia Project etc! You know the stuff, ACTION(S) that comes with REAL end product and REAL meaningful impact as opposed to a load of hot air!

I'm reminded of what Alistair Cooke,the journalist wrote on the 1950s when the equal rights legislation was being passed in the US, the opinions of those white people in the North and West are glib compared to the black man living in Alabama.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:34 - Jan 6 with 493 viewsWingstandwood

Colston Statue vandals innocent on 18:09 - Jan 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm reminded of what Alistair Cooke,the journalist wrote on the 1950s when the equal rights legislation was being passed in the US, the opinions of those white people in the North and West are glib compared to the black man living in Alabama.

Could you imagine what the impact would have been if all these glib multimillionaire footballers and others had shown genuine care by donating a fraction of their wages to black Africa?

Far more impactive and preferable to empty, soulless zero-end-product attention seeking!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024