Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ 13:30 - Feb 26 with 1462 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ 26th Feb 2022 13:29
Swansea City head to the Hawthorns for the main SKY TV Championship game on Monday. With limited resources at his disposal swans boss Russell Martin is more than happy to welcome back two key figures to his match day selections. Kyle Naughton and Hannes Wolf are back, and Martin issues his unconditional philosophy once again. 0

No,no,no click above.
Whoppers, click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:29 - Feb 27 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

Yep.He really does not mind being humiliated.

God help us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:35 - Feb 27 with 1117 viewsSTID2017

This, for me, is worrying.
I know that he is trying to get us playing a certain way.
However as we have witnessed the past three away games, we are nowhere near good enough to play this style.
We need a more resolute defence then build from there.
Everton and Cardiff played the best teams in their respective divisions and did just that and both were unfortunate not to get a result.
We are playing WBA at a good time, but we need to be smart.
Not sure, after reading Martin's interview, that we are yet.
Here is hoping
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:44 - Feb 27 with 1104 viewsCatullus

No compromise? So he can see things are wrong but he refuses to fix them. If something is broken, when you fix it it, it's not called compromise. Refusing to fix it is called being stupid and stubborn!

What if the players lose faith, what if he starts losing the dressing room, isn't that a slippery slope? What if the whole stadium turns against him, slippery slope?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:51 - Feb 27 with 1096 viewsDr_Parnassus

Then he can’t keep passing the buck.

Can’t blame fitness, can’t blame not having enough players, can’t blame the pitch, can’t blame the bus, can’t blame the break at Xmas and blame pre season.

If this is his way and he is unable or unwilling to adapt in order to get results, then he deserves the criticism for the failure. “Time” becomes irrelevant as he is refusing to learn from his mistakes.

He talks about slippery slopes, he’s on one. Recruitment is far harder when you get battered every week and are just above the relegation zone, as is player retention, as is keeping player morale up.

There is so much naivety in his words he really does come across as far younger than his already young age. It’s not the noble and strong comments he clearly thinks they are.

They come across as stubborn and lacking nous.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 8:55]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:57 - Feb 27 with 1086 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:44 - Feb 27 by Catullus

No compromise? So he can see things are wrong but he refuses to fix them. If something is broken, when you fix it it, it's not called compromise. Refusing to fix it is called being stupid and stubborn!

What if the players lose faith, what if he starts losing the dressing room, isn't that a slippery slope? What if the whole stadium turns against him, slippery slope?

He seems determined to be the architect of his own downfall.
As one who is fully in support of what he is trying to achieve ( a free flowing exciting successful Swans , however unless he adapts until he can strengthen the team then as you say failure to get results ( especially and more importantly if performances are like the last three away games ) will see support turning against him

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 10:38 - Feb 27 with 1035 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If he’s not careful someone will do the moving on his behalf…

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 11:05 - Feb 27 with 1009 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 10:38 - Feb 27 by Brynmill_Jack

If he’s not careful someone will do the moving on his behalf…

As much as it has been my belief the owners won't sack him, I can see them taking the view that we are safe, cutting their losses and appointing an interim coach and appointing someone else in the summer.
I am not saying I agree with it, but that may feel it is for the best?

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 11:12 - Feb 27 with 999 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 08:51 - Feb 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Then he can’t keep passing the buck.

Can’t blame fitness, can’t blame not having enough players, can’t blame the pitch, can’t blame the bus, can’t blame the break at Xmas and blame pre season.

If this is his way and he is unable or unwilling to adapt in order to get results, then he deserves the criticism for the failure. “Time” becomes irrelevant as he is refusing to learn from his mistakes.

He talks about slippery slopes, he’s on one. Recruitment is far harder when you get battered every week and are just above the relegation zone, as is player retention, as is keeping player morale up.

There is so much naivety in his words he really does come across as far younger than his already young age. It’s not the noble and strong comments he clearly thinks they are.

They come across as stubborn and lacking nous.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 8:55]

"There is so much naivety in his words he really does come across as far younger than his already young age."

I honestly think my 18 year old grandson could do a better job than Martin, he understands what Martin is doing wrong.
The only problem is nobody would take any notice of an 18 year old with no experience.
So why do they take any notice of someone who is probably not as good as an 18 year old who can see exactly what he is doing wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 11:26 - Feb 27 with 988 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 11:12 - Feb 27 by A_Fans_Dad

"There is so much naivety in his words he really does come across as far younger than his already young age."

I honestly think my 18 year old grandson could do a better job than Martin, he understands what Martin is doing wrong.
The only problem is nobody would take any notice of an 18 year old with no experience.
So why do they take any notice of someone who is probably not as good as an 18 year old who can see exactly what he is doing wrong.

It is worrying I must admi

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 13:23 - Feb 27 with 896 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 11:26 - Feb 27 by STID2017

It is worrying I must admi

He’s been quoted talking about the slippery slope of compromise. There’s another take on that - the definition of madness. Repeating the same process over and over again expecting a different outcome……

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

To invent a final product, there has to be tweaks and adaptations along the way.

The arrogance to think his way of playing needs no tweaking, no altering and no adaptations when it has shown no success in its history is astounding.

MK Dons are now joint on points with 2nd place. What a coincidence, the season he leaves they finally start getting results.

Martin has never even got anyone to a top half finish, yet holds his way of playing up as beyond reproach.

Utter naivety and stupidity. I can only imagine how the players feel hearing this kind of thing, must be so frustrating.

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:37 - Feb 27 with 785 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:30 - Feb 27 by Dr_Parnassus

To invent a final product, there has to be tweaks and adaptations along the way.

The arrogance to think his way of playing needs no tweaking, no altering and no adaptations when it has shown no success in its history is astounding.

MK Dons are now joint on points with 2nd place. What a coincidence, the season he leaves they finally start getting results.

Martin has never even got anyone to a top half finish, yet holds his way of playing up as beyond reproach.

Utter naivety and stupidity. I can only imagine how the players feel hearing this kind of thing, must be so frustrating.

You could also argue that the guy that took over is finally seeing the rewards of his hard preparation work.

Obviously w you will not accept that concept but MK Dons fans were quite keen to keep him while he was there. The barbs appeared after he left.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:43 - Feb 27 with 768 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:37 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

You could also argue that the guy that took over is finally seeing the rewards of his hard preparation work.

Obviously w you will not accept that concept but MK Dons fans were quite keen to keep him while he was there. The barbs appeared after he left.

You could argue that if you were extremely silly I suppose yes.

There were lots of dissenters of his style long before he left. To the point he even said in an interview “I know I’ll get criticised for saying this again but we shouldn’t have lost, we dominated”.

The fans hated the constant excuse making, the never ending pointless possession in their first third and the way he never understood why we lost where to everyone else it was obvious.

He had his devoted followers too of course, much like he does here.

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:43 - Feb 27 with 768 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:37 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Good point.
I hope that Martin will at the very least leave us with a legacy we can build on.
Only time will tell

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:48 - Feb 27 with 762 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:43 - Feb 27 by STID2017

Good point.
I hope that Martin will at the very least leave us with a legacy we can build on.
Only time will tell

There will be no legacy if there is no adapting.

The first thing a new manager coming in will do, is chuck out all the things that have proven not to work. That doesn’t leave much behind.

Does it leave anything behind?

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:27 - Feb 28 with 738 viewsSwaneeRiver

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 22:48 - Feb 27 by Dr_Parnassus

There will be no legacy if there is no adapting.

The first thing a new manager coming in will do, is chuck out all the things that have proven not to work. That doesn’t leave much behind.

Does it leave anything behind?

No one knows what is to be left behind as it is still a work in progress so it not the end.
Although there has been little sign of it so far, none of us know whether he will adapt.
One hopes he will so we can progress as a team and a club
Only time will tell
Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:30 - Feb 28 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:27 - Feb 28 by SwaneeRiver

No one knows what is to be left behind as it is still a work in progress so it not the end.
Although there has been little sign of it so far, none of us know whether he will adapt.
One hopes he will so we can progress as a team and a club
Only time will tell

A work in progress suggests progression.

How can something progress when the owner of it has said he won’t fix the clear failings to enable it to do so.

Nothing is going to progress, we are declining not progressing.

We are getting worse results now than we were at the start.

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:42 - Feb 28 with 725 viewsSwaneeRiver

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:30 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

A work in progress suggests progression.

How can something progress when the owner of it has said he won’t fix the clear failings to enable it to do so.

Nothing is going to progress, we are declining not progressing.

We are getting worse results now than we were at the start.

I think the best example which is always cited is that of Sir Alex ( not for one moment suggesting he is another Sir Alex)
However as is well known, Sir Alex struggled at Man United at first ( I believe he was one match from the sack ?)
Yet of course the rest is history
Martin has only been here 6 months - he is trying to achieve something and only at the end will we know if he has succeeded
A bit of patience is called for.
Things could start clicking tomorrow and who knows what that will lead to ?
Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:47 - Feb 28 with 723 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 00:42 - Feb 28 by SwaneeRiver

I think the best example which is always cited is that of Sir Alex ( not for one moment suggesting he is another Sir Alex)
However as is well known, Sir Alex struggled at Man United at first ( I believe he was one match from the sack ?)
Yet of course the rest is history
Martin has only been here 6 months - he is trying to achieve something and only at the end will we know if he has succeeded
A bit of patience is called for.
Things could start clicking tomorrow and who knows what that will lead to ?

Those examples are nonsense though.

You can use it to justify not ever sacking anyone. Why sack Bob Bradley when Alex Ferguson turned it around? Etc etc

Not that I am lobbying to sack him of course, but I am making the point that if you use rare examples like that and attribute it to the main, then you will never do anything as a club.

You don’t just judge a managerial tenure at the end of it, just like you don’t not give an opinion on a player until the end of it.

Look at Salah at Chelsea and look at Salah now, that doesn’t mean we should start Yan Dhanda every game because Salah turned out good.

You have to judge a managers performance as it is happening, if you only judge it when it’s at an end then it’s already too late.

He has had 3 seasons now and it’s likely he will never have had a top half finish in that time - how much patience is needed with those tactics if 3 seasons isn’t enough? There comes a time where you have to look at it and realise something isn’t right. The lure of hope really shouldn’t come into it.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 0:49]

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:23 - Feb 28 with 662 viewsnantywatcher

In any walk of life six months is long enough to judge anyone's performance. He is a grade 2 manager who lacks the basic skill sets to move up to a higher grade. Well done Mr Winter for "painting us in a corner." Still, like most of us, I go into tonight's match full of hope.
Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:39 - Feb 28 with 640 viewsvetchonian

Fuuny how this season MKDons no longer top the posssesion stats table and are averaging 58% whereas last season they topped it at 64% it seems their new manager has "tweaked" their play reulsitng in their current league position
Whilst Martin is sticiking to his guns not practising the experiential learning he preaches funninly enough we top the possesion stats tanle this season at 64%....coincicdence

Its time people started to wake up and see things for what they are.....
Martin is an idealist out of football as he is in it...nothing wrong wrong with that except sometimes you need to understand ideals need to be comprimsed in the real world.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:42 - Feb 28 with 634 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:23 - Feb 28 by nantywatcher

In any walk of life six months is long enough to judge anyone's performance. He is a grade 2 manager who lacks the basic skill sets to move up to a higher grade. Well done Mr Winter for "painting us in a corner." Still, like most of us, I go into tonight's match full of hope.

Yes I can't stand the environment of zero critique. It's so damaging on so many levels.

If you are doing something wrong and insisting you won't fix it, patience and time won't make a blind bit of difference.

If I was a captain of a boat and before the voyage I kept drilling a hole in the side because I thought it would be better for air-flow... and I kept sinking.

No amount of time and patience with that horrendous practice will ever matter, drilling a hole in the side of your boat will never be a good idea, not now, not in 6 months time and not in 6 years time.

Learn, change, adapt - succeed.

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:45 - Feb 28 with 629 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:42 - Feb 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes I can't stand the environment of zero critique. It's so damaging on so many levels.

If you are doing something wrong and insisting you won't fix it, patience and time won't make a blind bit of difference.

If I was a captain of a boat and before the voyage I kept drilling a hole in the side because I thought it would be better for air-flow... and I kept sinking.

No amount of time and patience with that horrendous practice will ever matter, drilling a hole in the side of your boat will never be a good idea, not now, not in 6 months time and not in 6 years time.

Learn, change, adapt - succeed.

I took a day off from here yesterday and see how my followers have been naughty.

Martin being supporting FULLY ,no matter what

Grimes too

Has the penny dropped yet.? Nope.

It s gonna take several more heavy defeats

Being hammered is now not shocking at all. This is because Russ will get it better . He says so .HE says so. No evidence for it whatsoever

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 14:32 - Feb 28 with 543 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 09:45 - Feb 28 by onehunglow

I took a day off from here yesterday and see how my followers have been naughty.

Martin being supporting FULLY ,no matter what

Grimes too

Has the penny dropped yet.? Nope.

It s gonna take several more heavy defeats

Being hammered is now not shocking at all. This is because Russ will get it better . He says so .HE says so. No evidence for it whatsoever

Getting hammered is shocking no matter how many times it happens.
We would expect professional players to learn from their mistakes surely ?
After that statement from Grimes let us hope so.
The proof is in the pudding

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 14:37 - Feb 28 with 540 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin remains unmoved and resilient ‘ No compromise’ on 14:32 - Feb 28 by STID2017

Getting hammered is shocking no matter how many times it happens.
We would expect professional players to learn from their mistakes surely ?
After that statement from Grimes let us hope so.
The proof is in the pudding

Well,clearly Martin is immune . It is all about him.
We can point to games where any board of quality and guts would have fired him.
Bielsa went after losing 4 0 at time to Spurs after an outstanding Liverpool team .

Martin could and should have been fired weeks ago . There is no plan and progress is downward

As I say, how much more

Initially I was told he needed his whole term to progress us

Imagine that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024