Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket Sales? 09:38 - Aug 2 with 6103 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes its holiday August, yes its on Sky and Sunday lunchtime, but loads of unsold tickets for Leeds game at the moment.
Ticket Sales? on 09:54 - Aug 2 with 4241 viewsSuffolk

Thinking about going. I only get to 6-8 games a year so I begrudge going when on TV. For my son and I to go it will cost me approximately £150 and a days leave from work but the performance against Watford has wet my whistle.
Ticket Sales? on 12:45 - Aug 2 with 3939 viewsstevec

For the first time in many years we've not bothered with season tickets. Thought we'd end up going to all the games still, will cost more admittedly, but if it did get as boring as last year we'd watch a few on Sky.

I sense their idea of season ticket renewals only at same prices up to the end of March has misfired spectacularly. Once you were through that period of renewal and season ticket prices went up I imagine a lot of people have done the maths and worked out watching home games on Sky when live coupled with attending when not being shown would even things out cost wise.

Season ticket sales had held up pretty well for many years now, quite why they decided to change the set up is bewildering.
Ticket Sales? on 12:48 - Aug 2 with 3927 viewsbosh67

My dad's senior ticket is still available at a big discount on Twickets in Block B SAR if anyone is interested. People don't buy it because it is a senior ticket but it doesn't matter if you aren't a senior and want it. They just scan it and you go straight in. You just look much younger than your age!

Gold Senior Citizen Over 60
Block B, Row J, Seat 75
£18.00
Senior Citizen Concession,Home End
[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 12:50]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ticket Sales? on 13:10 - Aug 2 with 3858 viewsActonOccident

Ticket Sales? on 12:45 - Aug 2 by stevec

For the first time in many years we've not bothered with season tickets. Thought we'd end up going to all the games still, will cost more admittedly, but if it did get as boring as last year we'd watch a few on Sky.

I sense their idea of season ticket renewals only at same prices up to the end of March has misfired spectacularly. Once you were through that period of renewal and season ticket prices went up I imagine a lot of people have done the maths and worked out watching home games on Sky when live coupled with attending when not being shown would even things out cost wise.

Season ticket sales had held up pretty well for many years now, quite why they decided to change the set up is bewildering.

I have wondered the same thing - you'd imagine it might be useful to let supporters have a cooling off period as the emotional effects of the season kind of tail off over the summer. That said I can understand the scheduling they chose from the club's financial point of view.

I didn't renew either but part of me still has the itch. My old seat is still available but £642 is a bit of a cheeky price tag.
Ticket Sales? on 13:11 - Aug 2 with 3856 viewsRangersw12

Simple fact is pay on the day prices are too expensive
Ticket Sales? on 13:35 - Aug 2 with 3779 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ticket Sales? on 12:45 - Aug 2 by stevec

Everyone was ranting over there not being an early-bird scheme.
Most other clubs seem to do it.
They can't win either way by the looks of it.
Ticket Sales? on 13:38 - Aug 2 with 3765 viewsMoonshineSteve

Still trying to free myself for this one. Bloody midday and a poxy Sunday do not make my idea of the first game of the season. But it is the first game of the season.

Irritated that my member discount no longer applies as the tickets are on general sale. Irritated that I have to pay a £3.50 booking fee.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Ticket Sales? on 13:49 - Aug 2 with 3736 viewsMytch_QPR

Ticket Sales? on 13:38 - Aug 2 by MoonshineSteve

Still trying to free myself for this one. Bloody midday and a poxy Sunday do not make my idea of the first game of the season. But it is the first game of the season.

Irritated that my member discount no longer applies as the tickets are on general sale. Irritated that I have to pay a £3.50 booking fee.

I'm so irritated that I'm staying at home. First time in ages I have missed the opening game but I'm so fed up with Sky mucking about that I'll save my money.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket Sales? on 14:13 - Aug 2 with 3677 viewsPinnerPaul

Ticket Sales? on 13:49 - Aug 2 by Mytch_QPR

I'm so irritated that I'm staying at home. First time in ages I have missed the opening game but I'm so fed up with Sky mucking about that I'll save my money.

as long as you're not watching it on Sky!
Ticket Sales? on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 3648 viewsstevec

Ticket Sales? on 13:35 - Aug 2 by CroydonCaptJack

Everyone was ranting over there not being an early-bird scheme.
Most other clubs seem to do it.
They can't win either way by the looks of it.

Well I always thought the early bird scheme they had in operation ie renew by the end of June/1st week of July worked perfectly well.

As said earlier in this thread, gives time to get over the doom and gloom, no football on, you soon get twitchy for the new season. The problem with the new set up is renewing when the season is still going on is not for everybody and, indeed, risky when you're half way through 4 months of mid table mediocrity and meaningless game after meaningless game. I'd also be curious would they pull the same stunt if we're in a relegation battle this season, methinks not.

Something the club also need to take into account is the increase in marketing costs trying to sell the shortfall in ticket sales for the next 23 games when over the last 6 or 7 seasons they only had the job of selling the bottom tier of the away end as and when it was needed.

A bit of a cock up all round.
Ticket Sales? on 14:30 - Aug 2 with 3633 viewsMytch_QPR

Ticket Sales? on 14:13 - Aug 2 by PinnerPaul

as long as you're not watching it on Sky!

Murdoch's getting zippo from me, I can assure you.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Ticket Sales? on 14:36 - Aug 2 with 3620 viewslondonscottish

It goes against the grain to go to a 12.00 KO. And I have tons of DIY to do on the new place.

But I called my 11 yr old lad last night. He's been away in Spain for two weeks (longest time away ever) and he sounded so massively excited when I suggested it that I just had to say yes.

Excited about the whole thing.

(fatal)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ticket Sales? on 14:36 - Aug 2 with 3619 viewsBoston

Presume the School End will be splitting it's seams with poverty stricken unemployed types?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ticket Sales? on 16:29 - Aug 2 with 3464 viewseastendeR

Ticket Sales? on 14:36 - Aug 2 by Boston

Presume the School End will be splitting it's seams with poverty stricken unemployed types?

Don't know about the School End but I'm a poverty-stricken unemployed type and I'll be in the Upper Loft. I lost my job (redundancy) and haven't been able to afford my season ticket (been going since 1973), joined as a member and I'll have to pick and choose my home games, and no more away-days (maybe a blessing in disguise).

Sure it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment but a lot of people struggling out here.
Ticket Sales? on 16:55 - Aug 2 with 3417 viewsMytch_QPR

Ticket Sales? on 16:29 - Aug 2 by eastendeR

Don't know about the School End but I'm a poverty-stricken unemployed type and I'll be in the Upper Loft. I lost my job (redundancy) and haven't been able to afford my season ticket (been going since 1973), joined as a member and I'll have to pick and choose my home games, and no more away-days (maybe a blessing in disguise).

Sure it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek comment but a lot of people struggling out here.

Good luck, mate. I think the economy is going to be rocky over the next 12-18 months - I hope something works out for you soon.

Ticket Sales? on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 3371 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ticket Sales? on 14:26 - Aug 2 by stevec

Well I always thought the early bird scheme they had in operation ie renew by the end of June/1st week of July worked perfectly well.

As said earlier in this thread, gives time to get over the doom and gloom, no football on, you soon get twitchy for the new season. The problem with the new set up is renewing when the season is still going on is not for everybody and, indeed, risky when you're half way through 4 months of mid table mediocrity and meaningless game after meaningless game. I'd also be curious would they pull the same stunt if we're in a relegation battle this season, methinks not.

Something the club also need to take into account is the increase in marketing costs trying to sell the shortfall in ticket sales for the next 23 games when over the last 6 or 7 seasons they only had the job of selling the bottom tier of the away end as and when it was needed.

Hoos is saying that almost all clubs do it much earlier and it makes much more sense. I imagine if you look at the stats, ST holders tend to be extremely loyal in renewing regardless of how they think the following season will go. That's why they're ST holders.
In the end, they did row back on it this year anyway and plenty of extra time was given, but it's one of those things - the first year is a pain because you're paying early but after that,you're just buying at a slightly earlier time of the year then before. It's no real difference that I can see. As long as I can afford it I'll be renewing regardless of how bleak things are. That may make me a mug, but there's more to going to the football than just winning for me.

Also can't see that they'd have to spend a lot in marketing tickets - anything you'd spend would have to be more than matched in ticket sales, so it's much of a muchness. It's the same every year - a winning team brings crowds. And if by some miracle we make the play-offs next year we'll see the same Auntie Nellie posts as we did the other year.

Bare bones.

Ticket Sales? on 18:11 - Aug 2 with 3243 viewsPinnerRob

Ticket Sales? on 16:29 - Aug 2 by eastendeR

Sorry to hear that mate, give me a shout when you wanna go me & my mates have got 5 season tickets between us there's normally always 1 spare, good luck!!
Ticket Sales? on 18:14 - Aug 2 with 3232 viewssimmo

I have a wedding Saturday so can't go. The first opener to a season I'll be missign for donkeys years :-(

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ticket Sales? on 18:16 - Aug 2 with 3223 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ticket Sales? on 18:14 - Aug 2 by simmo

I have a wedding Saturday so can't go. The first opener to a season I'll be missign for donkeys years :-(

the game's on sunday mate. get your arse in gear.

Bare bones.

Ticket Sales? on 18:17 - Aug 2 with 3220 viewssimmo

Ticket Sales? on 18:16 - Aug 2 by Antti_Heinola

the game's on sunday mate. get your arse in gear.

Mate it's in Essex which means a slog and if it goes like I think, I'll only be finishing up the festivites around kick off :-D

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ticket Sales? on 19:02 - Aug 2 with 3156 viewsterryb

Ticket Sales? on 14:36 - Aug 2 by Boston

I don't know, but I'm assuming that we would have given the whole of the School End to the away side.

If not, that would be very silly on our part. They would have had no problems selling out & giving us the money.

We can't afford to deliberately have that part of the ground empty.
Ticket Sales? on 19:05 - Aug 2 with 3150 viewsdaveB

Ticket Sales? on 14:26 - Aug 2 by stevec

you only had to pay 50 quid by end of April then you had until June 30th to pay the rest which was fair enough
Ticket Sales? on 20:34 - Aug 2 with 3030 viewsHantsR

Ticket Sales? on 12:48 - Aug 2 by bosh67

My dad's senior ticket is still available at a big discount on Twickets in Block B SAR if anyone is interested. People don't buy it because it is a senior ticket but it doesn't matter if you aren't a senior and want it. They just scan it and you go straight in. You just look much younger than your age!

Gold Senior Citizen Over 60
Block B, Row J, Seat 75
£18.00
Senior Citizen Concession,Home End
[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 12:50]

Mine's on Twickets at face value (SAR C C86) - as per yours a senior concession. If it doesn't sell, I may use it myself as the game seems more attractive than it once did and I think my credit is good with e.i.doors
Ticket Sales? on 20:48 - Aug 2 with 2989 viewsJuzzie

Its just getting too expensive. New tv deal and yet again greedy players and agents hoover up the money. Erikson at spurs stalling on a new contract, the £70k a week he's on is not enough? Pogba on what, £300k a week? When is it ever enough?

Prices just keep going up meanwhile facilities, grounds etc don't get attended to cos the players have all the money.

And is the football really 7000% better than it was pre-Sky?

I cant renew (after 15 years as an STer and 33+ years regular) anyway due to family commitments but it saddens me than i'm not that bothered.

Sick to death of bang average players earning obscene monies, behaving appallingly on & off the pitch and so on.

I wont be spending anywhere near what i used to for a long time yet, especially until the game sorts itself out and some sanity returns.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 20:53]
Ticket Sales? on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 2837 viewseastendeR

Ticket Sales? on 20:48 - Aug 2 by Juzzie

Its just getting too expensive. New tv deal and yet again greedy players and agents hoover up the money. Erikson at spurs stalling on a new contract, the £70k a week he's on is not enough? Pogba on what, £300k a week? When is it ever enough?

Prices just keep going up meanwhile facilities, grounds etc don't get attended to cos the players have all the money.

And is the football really 7000% better than it was pre-Sky?

I cant renew (after 15 years as an STer and 33+ years regular) anyway due to family commitments but it saddens me than i'm not that bothered.

Sick to death of bang average players earning obscene monies, behaving appallingly on & off the pitch and so on.

I wont be spending anywhere near what i used to for a long time yet, especially until the game sorts itself out and some sanity returns.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2016 20:53]

Just about sums up my feelings. Even if I could afford it I probably wouldn't have renewed, very jaded with the game now, even Championship football is way too expensive to attend regularly for people on a low income.

It pains me to admit it but after following the club since 1973, I just don't care as much anymore - the game sold it's soul a long time ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024