Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's Washington 11:45 - May 3 with 10012 viewsTripleR

I only ask as I'm not aware he's injured or being released.
He has had 24 starts and 10 sub appearances this season, and since the Reading game, nothing.
He was first choice striker for most of the season and now he's not been on the bench for several games.
Where's Washington on 12:06 - May 3 with 8049 viewscaliforniahoop

I know I am going to be in the minority here but I like CW, he works hard makes runs but doesn’t get the right type of service, very seldom does he get through ball to run on too or balls over the top, it’s normally launched up to him.

He will probably be gone in the summer as his confidence is shot, if you think about it, you can’t say you have seen him miss several one in ones with the keeper, that’s because he never got that type of service, what I will say is, he never stop working for the team, IH played him but didn’t really use his strengths.
Where's Washington on 12:10 - May 3 with 8030 viewslave16

Where's Washington on 12:06 - May 3 by californiahoop

I know I am going to be in the minority here but I like CW, he works hard makes runs but doesn’t get the right type of service, very seldom does he get through ball to run on too or balls over the top, it’s normally launched up to him.

He will probably be gone in the summer as his confidence is shot, if you think about it, you can’t say you have seen him miss several one in ones with the keeper, that’s because he never got that type of service, what I will say is, he never stop working for the team, IH played him but didn’t really use his strengths.

One question - how many players have we sold or freed this year - bound to be about 20

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Where's Washington on 12:19 - May 3 with 7982 viewsRBlock

Where's Washington on 12:06 - May 3 by californiahoop

Yes, you can. He has missed quite a few chances, one on ones with the keeper, opportunities where you really expect him to do better.

Paul Smyth is everything Connor Washington dreams of being. CW's movement just isn't good enough and he isn't sharp enough. He isn't finding himself 'in the right place at the right time', and that isn't luck, it is a skill he just does not possess at this level.

I stuck by him for ages when he was a lone striker having the ball pumped over his head by defenders playing as if we had Smith or Sylla up top, but even when he had his run out in a forward 2 with a big man, he still didn't perform, didn't read the knock ons/downs. I'm sorry, but there has to be a point where you say fvck it, he ain't good enough, and I think we have reached this point with CW.
Where's Washington on 12:22 - May 3 with 7965 viewsbosh67

I believe he has been suffering with a lingering virus but that may be better by now. To be honest he is very like Mackie but I think Mackie did more. Never quite understood why he was played wide but seemingly had no idea where either Smith or Sylla were when playing up front with either one. He also has a tendency to shoot straight at the keeper when through although he has scored a few one on ones. 90 appearances and 14 goals so far. £2.97m paid so roughly £212,142 per goal! Good value??

I do like his endeavour, his running, his never give up attitude but he has really struggled in my view. Is he good enough at this level? Is he played in the right positions? Does he read the game well enough? Not really sure.

Problem is if we sell him we won't get £1m for him based on his time here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Where's Washington on 13:00 - May 3 with 7828 viewsDiscodroids

I always think this passage of play should be set to Samuel Barbers 'Adagio for strings'..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Where's Washington on 13:03 - May 3 with 7827 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Tried really hard, not worked out and doesn’t look like it will either. Offload, get what we can for him, put the money back in the pot and wish him well.

C’est la vie.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Where's Washington on 13:14 - May 3 with 7775 viewsloftus77

Where's Washington on 13:03 - May 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Tried really hard, not worked out and doesn’t look like it will either. Offload, get what we can for him, put the money back in the pot and wish him well.

C’est la vie.

...and watch him score 20 goals for Preston/Ipswich/Bristol C next season...maybe.

Always the nagging feeling with Conor about potential elsewhere, probably due to his good attitude..
Where's Washington on 13:56 - May 3 with 7641 viewsNorthernr

Some personal issues lately, needs some time away and been given it.
Login to get fewer ads

Where's Washington on 20:13 - May 3 with 7361 viewsTripleR

Where's Washington on 13:56 - May 3 by Northernr

I wish him well.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 20:13]
Where's Washington on 23:53 - May 3 with 7037 viewsGloryHunter

I also like the bloke. He tries hard, and it's a shame things haven't worked out for him with us. He's obviously worked hard in the gym and put on some upper-body strength. He's an unselfish player, and lays on chances for others. Maybe he needs to be more selfish to make it as a striker. Remember he was given the no. 9 shirt, even this year.
Where's Washington on 08:16 - May 4 with 6820 viewsTheChef

Where's Washington on 13:56 - May 3 by Northernr

Fair enough. Not sure how long this has been the case, do you know?

I just assumed he had totally lost his goal-scoring touch, and after two years it was time to send him on his way. Maybe if he can get his head straight and get his confidence back, along with support from the coaching staff, he could still be an option next season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Where's Washington on 08:32 - May 4 with 6789 viewsoddball

Where's Washington on 12:19 - May 3 by RBlock

Yes, you can. He has missed quite a few chances, one on ones with the keeper, opportunities where you really expect him to do better.

Paul Smyth is everything Connor Washington dreams of being. CW's movement just isn't good enough and he isn't sharp enough. He isn't finding himself 'in the right place at the right time', and that isn't luck, it is a skill he just does not possess at this level.

I stuck by him for ages when he was a lone striker having the ball pumped over his head by defenders playing as if we had Smith or Sylla up top, but even when he had his run out in a forward 2 with a big man, he still didn't perform, didn't read the knock ons/downs. I'm sorry, but there has to be a point where you say fvck it, he ain't good enough, and I think we have reached this point with CW.

nail on eddddddd
Where's Washington on 10:16 - May 4 with 6677 viewsLunarJetman

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e128/LunarJetman/wheresconor_zps6kz2sjhp.jpg~o
[Post edited 4 May 2018 10:17]
Where's Washington on 10:43 - May 4 with 6622 viewssmegma

Where's Washington on 12:10 - May 3 by lave16

One question - how many players have we sold or freed this year - bound to be about 20

JET. El Khayati. Mackie. Perch. Onuoha. Comley. Caulker. . Grego-Cox. Lua Lua. Petrasso. Ngbakoto plus about 15-20 from the academy.
Where's Washington on 10:54 - May 4 with 6605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where's Washington on 20:13 - May 3 by TripleR

I wish him well.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 20:13]

Seconded.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where's Washington on 10:54 - May 4 with 6603 viewsGroveR

We're going to sign players that don't quite work out every now and again but I'd rather they be players who'll knock their bòllocks off for the privilege than strolling around and having a chuckle when we lose or pìssing it up the wall.
Where's Washington on 10:55 - May 4 with 6600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where's Washington on 10:54 - May 4 by GroveR

We're going to sign players that don't quite work out every now and again but I'd rather they be players who'll knock their bòllocks off for the privilege than strolling around and having a chuckle when we lose or pìssing it up the wall.

Yep, that's it exactly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Where's Washington on 11:09 - May 4 with 6568 viewsHooparoo

Where's Washington on 13:00 - May 3 by Discodroids

I always think this passage of play should be set to Samuel Barbers 'Adagio for strings'..

The poor bugger just doesn’t have the knack. His shape is all wrong to take the shot and a natural striker would open up his body and just slot it in the far corner. He must frustrate the hell out of his team mates.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Where's Washington on 11:41 - May 4 with 6517 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Anyone who is still talking Washington up, at this point, needs their brains tested. He is a real turkey only fit for League One and below where the little bit of pace he has and a fair first touch give him a chance. I don't think I have ever seen a striker as clueless on knock downs and so often in the wrong place in the box. Add to that the snatching at chances and it is easy to see why he scores few goals, currently 1 every 360 minutes played (last two seasons), compared with Smith 1 per 217 mins and Sylla 1 per 159 minutes played.

If Washington's running around actually achieved much, like a Mackie or Polter, the forgiving might think he was worth a squad place. But it doesn't, and he isn't. He would just be in the way of Smyth and Oteh. For Christ sake get rid.
Where's Washington on 12:25 - May 4 with 6450 viewsDorse

Where's Washington on 11:41 - May 4 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Anyone who is still talking Washington up, at this point, needs their brains tested. He is a real turkey only fit for League One and below where the little bit of pace he has and a fair first touch give him a chance. I don't think I have ever seen a striker as clueless on knock downs and so often in the wrong place in the box. Add to that the snatching at chances and it is easy to see why he scores few goals, currently 1 every 360 minutes played (last two seasons), compared with Smith 1 per 217 mins and Sylla 1 per 159 minutes played.

If Washington's running around actually achieved much, like a Mackie or Polter, the forgiving might think he was worth a squad place. But it doesn't, and he isn't. He would just be in the way of Smyth and Oteh. For Christ sake get rid.

If he is a turkey, I hope he is jive-assed.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Where's Washington on 12:31 - May 4 with 6424 viewsRs_Holy

Where's Washington on 11:41 - May 4 by Spaghetti_Hoops

wouldnt have put it quite like that but would agree with pretty much all of it.

Put him in the Portsmouth/Southend/Gilligham team next season and watch him score 15 goals... I think he would be a real asset to any team in that division but unfortunately the Championship has now become a standard too high for young Connor.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 12:44]
Where's Washington on 12:32 - May 4 with 6423 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Where's Washington on 11:09 - May 4 by Hooparoo

The poor bugger just doesn’t have the knack. His shape is all wrong to take the shot and a natural striker would open up his body and just slot it in the far corner. He must frustrate the hell out of his team mates.

Exactly. No coincidence that Matt Smith's form has improved now, with more intelligent players, there is a point to winning knock downs. It must have been a morale sapping chore playing with Washington.
Where's Washington on 12:43 - May 4 with 6389 viewsDando

We probably killed his confidence from day 1 to be fair. He was played out of position either on the wing, or up front alone. By the time he played in a 2, I think we had already killed him off. hes had a fair amount of chances, and will probably do better elsewhere - but cant see him doing much in this division
Where's Washington on 12:51 - May 4 with 6367 viewsqprxtc

Top left corner of USA.
Where's Washington on 13:01 - May 4 with 6338 viewsLunarJetman

Where's Washington on 12:51 - May 4 by qprxtc

Top left corner of USA.

Or on the right, depending which one you want..
[Post edited 4 May 2018 13:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024