Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You are Forced to Emigrate..... 12:39 - May 14 with 8680 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Question:

You are forced to emigrate for one year. No choice. You've got to go.

But part of the sweetener is that you get a free season ticket for another team.

What City would you move to, and what team would you go and see?

1) Football
2) Non-Football

I've thought about this and my answers are:

1) Amsterdam, and Ajax. Museums, architecture, laid-back people, great football and watching Ajax Academy train. And spliff.

2) Boston, and the Red Sox. Imagine watching all that twisted angst up close. It would be hysterically funny. Plus I love the Sox.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 01:28 - May 15 with 1632 viewsjoolsyp

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:03 - May 14 by onlyrinmoray

Coming over in September bear watching 600 mls north of Vancouver during the salmon run and booked a whale watching trip as well from Vancouver. Holiday of a lifetime. Was over there about 10years ago when my son was travelling, He was in N Vancouver Whats the name of the chain of restaurants where the waitresses wear black dresses I was very impressed

That would be the Cactus Club Cafe
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 01:56 - May 15 with 1621 viewsjoolsyp

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 01:28 - May 15 by joolsyp

That would be the Cactus Club Cafe

Although this ups the ante considerably 😳

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2019/05/14/bikini-bistro-restaurant-vancouver
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 02:17 - May 15 with 1612 viewscoolranger

Football:
Either Stockholm to follow AIK or Copenhagen to follow Brondby. In both cases fantastic cities, many lifestyle options, lovely scenery nearby, beautiful women, high quality living and new languages to learn (Swedish is possible, Danish far more difficult).

Non-Football:
Vancouver to see more of my Canadian family, enjoy Canucks hockey, skiing in Whistler, salmon fishing around the Gulf Islands and interior. Great city. Wonderful lifestyle.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 07:07 - May 15 with 1544 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Already moved to Auckland. best thing I ever did. Only regret is no home games! Local teams all utter shite.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 08:54 - May 15 with 1509 viewsKonk

(1) Another vote for San Sebastian. Great setting, amazing food and the climate's to my liking. I'd probably jump on the bus to Bilbao for my football, though; is that allowed? Never really warmed to Real Sociedad, but have a bit of a thing for Athletic. Close enough to home to have plenty of visitors too.

(2) Chicago, although I'd probably struggle with brutal winters and boiling summers. Great city, friendly people, good food, loads of good bars and plenty of culture. I'd be following the Cubs and Blackhawks.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 09:22 - May 15 with 1493 viewsPommyhoop

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 07:07 - May 15 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Already moved to Auckland. best thing I ever did. Only regret is no home games! Local teams all utter shite.

Sounds similar to Brisbane mate...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 09:41 - May 15 with 1475 viewstraininvain

1) Barcelona to watch Messi for a season and eat my way around the best restaurants in the city.

2) San Diego. Home to 157 breweries, high grade weed and the best Mexican food outside of Mexico.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 10:27 - May 15 with 1445 viewsNW5Hoop

1. Portland. Couldn't give a toss about watching the Portland Timbers, but I love the Pacific northwest. Wonderful city. Great restaurants. Brilliant gigs. Legal weed.

2. Melbourne. For the cricket. Never been there. Always fancied it.
Login to get fewer ads

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 11:43 - May 15 with 1396 viewsstowmarketrange

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 10:27 - May 15 by NW5Hoop

1. Portland. Couldn't give a toss about watching the Portland Timbers, but I love the Pacific northwest. Wonderful city. Great restaurants. Brilliant gigs. Legal weed.

Good choice mate.I went there for the Ashes in December 2017 and it is a great place to watch cricket, but only on the 1st day.The Aussies only really turned up on Boxing Day and it was pretty empty for the other days,especially day 5,when we should’ve won.
Melbourne is a great place to watch sport as almost everything is in the same area.Football,cricket and tennis stadiums are within a small area of the city,and it has a pub for qpr fans too.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 11:46 - May 15 with 1393 viewsDannyPaddox

Football: Fort William.
Last season's stats: P34 W0 L2 D32 F21 A245 Pts -7*
*points deducted for Red Deer on the pitch and generally just being shit.

I'd like a year wild in the Highlands. Living off the nuts, berries, and red squirrels. Swim in the tarns, grow a beard, write a novel. Occasionally plunder the visitor centre or rob a tourist. And then once a fortnight head down to Claggan Park to watch The Fort. Keeping the goals against column last time around to under 250 was a moral victory they can build on for next season. Although if the Tim Sherwood rumours are true they can fcuk right off.

Other sports. Always fancied following ice-hockey but know nothing about the teams or leagues. I believe they play it in Prague.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:03 - May 15 with 1365 viewsJuzzie

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:13 - May 14 by SonofNorfolt

This ground isn't as big as it looks, and Bishkek isn't the worse place I've ever been to.

8,500 capacity I think.

How comes you were in Bishkek? It's not exactly high up on the tourist 'to-do' list!
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:09 - May 15 with 1341 viewskensalriser

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 11:46 - May 15 by DannyPaddox

Football: Fort William.
Last season's stats: P34 W0 L2 D32 F21 A245 Pts -7*
*points deducted for Red Deer on the pitch and generally just being shit.

I'd like a year wild in the Highlands. Living off the nuts, berries, and red squirrels. Swim in the tarns, grow a beard, write a novel. Occasionally plunder the visitor centre or rob a tourist. And then once a fortnight head down to Claggan Park to watch The Fort. Keeping the goals against column last time around to under 250 was a moral victory they can build on for next season. Although if the Tim Sherwood rumours are true they can fcuk right off.

Other sports. Always fancied following ice-hockey but know nothing about the teams or leagues. I believe they play it in Prague.

I hesitate to question your integrity, but those stats seem a trifle implausible. A GD of -224 from just two losses is some achievement.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:13 - May 15 with 1323 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:09 - May 15 by kensalriser

I hesitate to question your integrity, but those stats seem a trifle implausible. A GD of -224 from just two losses is some achievement.

It should be D2 L32.

Apart from that it’s correct!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 12:52 - May 15 with 1275 viewsPastCaringNW2

There has to be football. There has to be ice hockey. Preferably some sea side. So Nice would be perfect.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 13:08 - May 15 with 1256 viewsYorkRanger

First choice would probably be Lisbon it is a fantastic city, I'd probably watch Sporting. Culture, great architecture, lovely climate.

Berlin is another good shout. I think it is a tremendous city so much to do and see.

Edinburgh would also be fine with me - probable Hearts rather than Hibs.

Never been to San Sebastian, but from what I'm hearing will put that right soon.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 13:36 - May 15 with 1223 viewsBoston

Strangely it rarely matters where you live in reality, not for most anyway. Whether it’s a world class city, an incredibly scenic area or a sports obsessed culture, working folk are usually spending their time getting on with paying the bills. It never ceases to surprise me how many people I meet who originally hail from London, that never ‘lived’ the place. When I talk to them about the old girl you’d think I was describing life on the moon!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 15:50 - May 15 with 1172 viewsStratfordBoy

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 13:50 - May 14 by Northernr

Seconded on Real Socieded and San Seb. That whole area from Bordeaux down through Biarritz to the Basque country is my favourite and San Sebastien is absolutely gorgeous. Mum had a house there but just sold it and kept the one in Brigg. We are not on speaking terms.

Jesus, thought I was one of the few enlightened ones traveling to this wild coast between Bordeaux & San Seb. Been going my whole life, teenage years mostly in St Jean de Luz & marauding across the frontier as it was then to Irun, San Seb & Pamplona, but now to my house near Arcachon. Now I learn half the world is there & a lot of them are QPR supporters!
But it has to be Girondins de Bordeaux for me.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 18:56 - May 15 with 1108 viewsdubaistu

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 13:08 - May 14 by Bluce_Ree

1. Florence. Fiorentina are my second fave side and Florence is meant to be beautiful.

2. Vegas. Not exactly a team but if i could get a pass to see all the big UFC fights there that'd be good.

If sport wasn't involved, I think I'd like Canada. Not sure exactly where though.

BC
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 21:03 - May 15 with 1058 viewsEsox_Lucius

Boston for the Patriots & the Red Sox would be my first choice, especially as I speak the language fluently. Next would be Perpignan and any foorball team nearby; it's a beautiful place and I can speak the language to a passable level.

The grass is always greener.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 21:36 - May 15 with 1038 viewssmegma

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 10:27 - May 15 by NW5Hoop

Portland Timbers fans are planks.

Coat.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:39 - May 15 with 981 viewsdistortR

i love these summer threads.

another year when i can't afford a holiday, just reminds me of how small my world is.

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 23:14 - May 15 with 957 viewsstowmarketrange

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 22:39 - May 15 by distortR

i love these summer threads.

another year when i can't afford a holiday, just reminds me of how small my world is.

You get 3 months holiday from qpr.Be grateful for that at least.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 23:55 - May 15 with 940 viewsMatch82

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 08:54 - May 15 by Konk

(1) Another vote for San Sebastian. Great setting, amazing food and the climate's to my liking. I'd probably jump on the bus to Bilbao for my football, though; is that allowed? Never really warmed to Real Sociedad, but have a bit of a thing for Athletic. Close enough to home to have plenty of visitors too.

(2) Chicago, although I'd probably struggle with brutal winters and boiling summers. Great city, friendly people, good food, loads of good bars and plenty of culture. I'd be following the Cubs and Blackhawks.

Come on down mate, we'll get your place in the QPR Chicago supporters club sorted as a priority
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 06:15 - May 16 with 885 viewsdistortR

You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 23:14 - May 15 by stowmarketrange

You get 3 months holiday from qpr.Be grateful for that at least.

mate, i live on the isle of man.

i had to lie down after the 0-0 with stoke, the thrill of it all was something i am unused to.
You are Forced to Emigrate..... on 08:30 - May 16 with 847 viewsRs_Holy

Football would be Strasbourg ... its a very picturesque city in the Alsace region and has a fantastic mix of French and German culture. I loved the feel of the city as it was not that touristy but still had a lot of fantastic archecture and history. Its also brilliantly positioned as you've got a choice of countries within a few hours drive ... and the wine is pretty amazing too :)

Non-Football would be Castelmola in Sicily. Its a village halfway up a mountain overlooking the bay of Naxos... the best Italian food ive ever had, incredible views, its never cold! the only downside is Mount Etna up the road (and its still active) but is beautiful to look at!
[Post edited 16 May 2019 12:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024