Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adrian durham said on talksport... 15:45 - Aug 4 with 7789 viewssouthbrookstreet

A few weeks ago adrian durham on talksport mentioned he fancied stoke for promotion because the first game is an easy spanking of QPR.... Best to shut it mr durham
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 19:29 - Aug 5 with 1948 viewsCHUBBS

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 19:01 - Aug 5 by paulparker

Actually Pete Durham has said previously that if he didn’t support Peterborough he would support QPR , said something about our great our groundcwas and how we are a proper club

Heard something simple similar a few years back,I can also recall him calling us ‘a proper old school football club’.
Lots of people have us going down including our own support so I don’t blame him.
Let’s be realistic here,we’ve played one game at a club in transition and won, now that’s a great start but nothing more.
Bolton won at West Brom on the opening day last seaso!
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 19:45 - Aug 5 with 1928 viewsenfieldargh

Meanwhile Alvin Martin on talksport couldn’t praise us enough even saying if we keep up performances like this we are his outside bet for automatic promotion

Keep smoking the wacky baccy Alvin

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 08:58 - Aug 6 with 1771 viewssouthbrookstreet

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 19:29 - Aug 5 by CHUBBS

Heard something simple similar a few years back,I can also recall him calling us ‘a proper old school football club’.
Lots of people have us going down including our own support so I don’t blame him.
Let’s be realistic here,we’ve played one game at a club in transition and won, now that’s a great start but nothing more.

you mentioned Bolton winning on the opening day last season and going down I can recall similar when Bolton beat us 5-0 at loftus road on the opening day... yeah Bolton went down
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 09:43 - Aug 6 with 1724 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 19:01 - Aug 5 by paulparker

Actually Pete Durham has said previously that if he didn’t support Peterborough he would support QPR , said something about our great our groundcwas and how we are a proper club

Yes, I have heard him praise the ground etc before, that was what surprised me about his prediction. He seemed so dismissive.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 09:47 - Aug 6 with 1719 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Yes and Charlton won at Blackburn, which you could argue is an even bigger surprise.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 10:04 - Aug 6 with 1697 viewsrsonist

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 10:20 - Aug 6 with 1669 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 10:04 - Aug 6 by rsonist

Not much in it then. Brentford could have had a hatful against Brum and Charlton scored against the run of play. Nice little treble for someone there!
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 1656 viewsrsonist

Incidentally, O'Haire there who is a) no mug and b) a QPR fan had us down to finish bottom in his season preview (which was among the earliest to come out).
Login to get fewer ads

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:25 - Aug 6 with 1611 viewsPinnerPaul

and we're not ' a club in transition'?
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 1601 viewsdaveB

Graham Westley in the league paper on Sunday tipped us to go up which i took to mean he's either a QPR fan or after a job
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:22 - Aug 6 with 1524 viewsPinnerPaul

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:25 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

to expand the discussion a little.

I think it was more than just the win, We played a style of play that everyone looked comfortable with, it arguably wasn't even our best 11 and we scored a goal of the season candidate.

More positives than negatives for me!
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 1519 viewsdaveB

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:22 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

to expand the discussion a little.

I think it was more than just the win, We played a style of play that everyone looked comfortable with, it arguably wasn't even our best 11 and we scored a goal of the season candidate.

More positives than negatives for me!

It was a real positive, we played well and we won away so loads to be pleased about but have to say the way the club have been on social media this week you'd think we've just won the league rather than just put a few passes together and beat a poor Stoke side.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:34 - Aug 6 with 1503 viewsPinnerPaul

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:24 - Aug 6 by daveB

It was a real positive, we played well and we won away so loads to be pleased about but have to say the way the club have been on social media this week you'd think we've just won the league rather than just put a few passes together and beat a poor Stoke side.

I don't go on social media, but if that is the case and its coming from the club, yes I agree that's a bit silly.

But as I say there WAS quite a lot to like about that performance.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 1462 viewsCHUBBS

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:25 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

They’re having the same issues we had with an over inflated high earning squad of square pegs.
I think we’re a couple of seasons ahead in our transition and beginning to free up potential for improvement.
It’s only early days so no need to raise expectations too soon,but I do like our new identity and it’s nice to know we’ve got a man in charge who will stick to his principles no matter what.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:31 - Aug 7 with 1352 viewsfrancisbowles

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 13:34 - Aug 6 by PinnerPaul

I don't go on social media, but if that is the case and its coming from the club, yes I agree that's a bit silly.

But as I say there WAS quite a lot to like about that performance.

I don't go on it either Pinner but my elder daughter works in PR for a hotel chain and previously in PR and marketing for a charity. Organisations, these days are constantly using these channels to put a positive spin on everything. It's an instant modern way of selling yourself, blowing your own trumpet etc.
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 21:53 - Aug 7 with 1167 viewsDWQPR

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 09:43 - Aug 6 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, I have heard him praise the ground etc before, that was what surprised me about his prediction. He seemed so dismissive.

To be fair most of us have been so dismissive during the summer. And most of us expected Rangers to be relegated/do an Ipswich etc and also get beat by Stoke. Saturday was a nice surprise to some but after the very recent transfer dealings probably a few had a sneaking feeling that we could get something out of the game.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 22:15 - Aug 7 with 1121 viewsDannyPaddox

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 21:53 - Aug 7 by DWQPR

To be fair most of us have been so dismissive during the summer. And most of us expected Rangers to be relegated/do an Ipswich etc and also get beat by Stoke. Saturday was a nice surprise to some but after the very recent transfer dealings probably a few had a sneaking feeling that we could get something out of the game.

Most of us?

To be fair
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 01:11 - Aug 8 with 1041 viewsBoston

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 11:42 - Aug 6 by daveB

Graham Westley in the league paper on Sunday tipped us to go up which i took to mean he's either a QPR fan or after a job

...or escaped.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 07:36 - Aug 8 with 964 viewskingsburyR

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 17:24 - Aug 5 by ted_hendrix

Can I recommend a cure? I stopped listening to Talkwaffle some three Years ago and it works a treat.

Only listen to Hawksbee and Jacobs (I know what he is) on TalkSport.

Good non serious radio!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 08:18 - Aug 8 with 932 viewsthame_hoops

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 07:36 - Aug 8 by kingsburyR

Good non serious radio!

Seconded, I only listen between 1-4 weekdays. H&J really are excellent
Adrian durham said on talksport... on 08:26 - Aug 8 with 919 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Adrian durham said on talksport... on 07:36 - Aug 8 by kingsburyR

Good non serious radio!

They have good Chemistry. Hawksbee is really witty and Jacobs plays the grumpy old man very well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024