Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" 13:06 - Dec 26 with 18000 viewsdavman

It's a right laugh this Champo. Absolutely no idea whether we will turn up or they will play as well as they did at HQ.

Sit on the fence. 2-2 seems popular...

See you all there; I hear the rain may stop.

Merry Xmas!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:44 - Dec 26 with 1926 viewsAntti_Heinola

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:33 - Dec 26 by Lblock

So another post match interview where Warbs will go on and on about us needing to be more clinical and ignoring how shit we are at defending and winning individual battles.
It’s hard to argue against the fact that we had chances to win by 3 or 4 but its starting to get on my wick.
No idea why we are playing Marc Poo at all, terrible to see him getting the shout ahead of Wells or Chair (who I thought was great when he came on).
I’m annoyed!!!

If I were you, I'd not watch his post match interview if it annoys you that much. Why put yourself through it mate? I've blocked about 9 posters on here now and my God, it makes this place a nicer place to be. Ignoring unimportant stuff that shouldn't annoy you but does is a great Resolution for you.

Bare bones.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 1874 viewsNov77

Bowen just said he thought Reading deserved to win.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:48 - Dec 26 with 1839 views2Thomas2Bowles

Seen it again
That miss from the rebound was shameful, it was almost like he was aiming for the keeper.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 21:52 - Dec 26 with 1799 viewskarl

Everything MW said was how I seen it, of course if it's repeated problems he has to start finding solutions but when that team plays at its right intensity it's a joy to watch, hopefully he can harness that in longer spells again.
Better than playing a low block for 90 mins and hoping to score from a set piece
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 21:52]
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:00 - Dec 26 with 1711 viewsBenny_the_Ball

For me the key weakness still lies in central midfield. The old warhorse Adams bossed the midfield until he was substituted. Our central midfield lacks the technique required to play through the lines, offers the defence little protection and does not control the tempo. God bless him Cameron tries hard but his best days are behind him. As for Amos he's another paperweight Spurs reject in the Jermaine Jenas mould. If we are to sell Eze to Spurs, we must reject any notion of taking Amos in part exchange.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:10]
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 1687 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As well as Swift struck his goal, to take a touch and shot without anyone getting within two metres of you is unforgivable.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we were hard done by. Lumley class in our end too.

EDIT: TWO touches.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:09]
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 1687 viewsHitch

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 21:25 - Dec 26 by traininvain

The simple answer is that Hugill and Wells have scored 16 league goals between them. We don’t have any strikers capable of doing the same.

I feel a bit sorry for Hugill tonight. He was unlucky with a couple of chances and would’ve bagged a hat trick on another night.

I'm afraid Hugill couldn't get a Hat Trick if he mugged Dr Suess
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 1680 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 21:52 - Dec 26 by karl

Everything MW said was how I seen it, of course if it's repeated problems he has to start finding solutions but when that team plays at its right intensity it's a joy to watch, hopefully he can harness that in longer spells again.
Better than playing a low block for 90 mins and hoping to score from a set piece
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 21:52]

The problem is we haven't seen that level of intensity since before the home match against Reading. MW clearly lacks the players needed to play his preferred style; this season is now about getting to 52 points as quickly as possible and building in the summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:10 - Dec 26 with 1610 viewsBrazilNutR

as good as their goal was, he actually got lucky as he miss controlled it and it hit his thigh and sat up perfectly... we didn't get that kind of luck today.. very fine margins

the one off the keeprs head, i don't think Hugill could have done better if he had another 20 goes, just good fortune (good keeping as he stood tall) that it hit his head and went out rather than in the net.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:12 - Dec 26 with 1586 viewskarl

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:03 - Dec 26 by Benny_the_Ball

The problem is we haven't seen that level of intensity since before the home match against Reading. MW clearly lacks the players needed to play his preferred style; this season is now about getting to 52 points as quickly as possible and building in the summer.

Fair comment, haven't seen all recent matches.
There is the raw materials there though
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:21 - Dec 26 with 1519 viewsMedwayR

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:00 - Dec 26 by Benny_the_Ball

For me the key weakness still lies in central midfield. The old warhorse Adams bossed the midfield until he was substituted. Our central midfield lacks the technique required to play through the lines, offers the defence little protection and does not control the tempo. God bless him Cameron tries hard but his best days are behind him. As for Amos he's another paperweight Spurs reject in the Jermaine Jenas mould. If we are to sell Eze to Spurs, we must reject any notion of taking Amos in part exchange.

100% agree with this. Smith looked decent when he came on but I’d rather see Manning in CM than Amos, he just lightweight and seems scared to get involved.

Poll: Who’s better?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:23 - Dec 26 with 1497 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"For me the key weakness still lies in central midfield. The old warhorse Adams bossed the midfield until he was substituted. Our central midfield lacks the technique required to play through the lines, offers the defence little protection and does not control the tempo."

Agree with much of this.

It's been a long while since we bossed centre midfield. One good signing here, though, and we would be a different proposition.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:26 - Dec 26 with 1466 viewsLblock

Agree with this 1,000%

Levy clearly in full vulture mode on this as I’ve already seen clickbait about how we are interested in Carter-Vickers and he’s rated at £4mill.
Amos got better as tonight’s game went on but he’s worth £500k at most currently.

Please god we don’t have to witness that midfield 3 on Sunday. Marc Poo offers nothing for me and Geoff just can’t get around much. Add in moments of anomAmos and we look terribly weak in there.
Really wish Scowen could find his form he had when first joined, need him in there

Anyway....looking forward to Sunday and a good few beers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:28 - Dec 26 with 1458 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:26 - Dec 26 by Lblock

Agree with this 1,000%

Levy clearly in full vulture mode on this as I’ve already seen clickbait about how we are interested in Carter-Vickers and he’s rated at £4mill.
Amos got better as tonight’s game went on but he’s worth £500k at most currently.

Please god we don’t have to witness that midfield 3 on Sunday. Marc Poo offers nothing for me and Geoff just can’t get around much. Add in moments of anomAmos and we look terribly weak in there.
Really wish Scowen could find his form he had when first joined, need him in there

'Marc Poo'

2/10 not your best.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:30 - Dec 26 with 1441 viewsHooparoo

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:26 - Dec 26 by Lblock

Agree with this 1,000%

Manning is too one footed to play in CM whilst Cameron and Pugh are both too slow to be in the same team. Amos, Smith and Chair all looked good together and it was no conicidence that Eze got on the ball after they came on.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:42 - Dec 26 with 1363 viewstraininvain

Looks like I’m on my own thinking that Amos is improving with every game! Played a couple of lovely passes tonight.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:47 - Dec 26 with 1330 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:42 - Dec 26 by traininvain

Looks like I’m on my own thinking that Amos is improving with every game! Played a couple of lovely passes tonight.

I'm with you. He's definitely coming into some form. And I have no problem with him in the team. I think he and others would play better if we had a commanding ballwinner there to steady the ship.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 1319 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:23 - Dec 26 by BrianMcCarthy

"For me the key weakness still lies in central midfield. The old warhorse Adams bossed the midfield until he was substituted. Our central midfield lacks the technique required to play through the lines, offers the defence little protection and does not control the tempo."

Agree with much of this.

It's been a long while since we bossed centre midfield. One good signing here, though, and we would be a different proposition.

Agreed. Given the amount of churn last summer it's a credit to MW that we're even competitive. Whilst some players like Amos aren't the answer IMHO, MW has laid some foundations which can be built on in the summer. The problem is with both Eze and Manning touted to leave we may have to take one step backwards before we can take two forwards. In addition we're reliant on a number of loans so expect more wholesale changes.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:51]
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 22:50 - Dec 26 with 1304 viewsHooparoo

I agree with you. He really made us tick in the 2nd half

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:53 - Dec 26 with 1271 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:30 - Dec 26 by Hooparoo

Manning is too one footed to play in CM whilst Cameron and Pugh are both too slow to be in the same team. Amos, Smith and Chair all looked good together and it was no conicidence that Eze got on the ball after they came on.

It wasn't coincidence; it coincided with Adams being substituted. Most of our best chances came after the old boy went off.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:58]
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 23:10 - Dec 26 with 1195 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 22:53 - Dec 26 by Benny_the_Ball

It wasn't coincidence; it coincided with Adams being substituted. Most of our best chances came after the old boy went off.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 22:58]

Adams going off definitely helped us. Good point.

Eze was excellent all through the second half, I thought, but I agree that he got better again when our subs came on as the game opened up.

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 23:24 - Dec 26 with 1152 viewsNed_Kennedys

Just back and some good performances from some players, especially Lumley, BFG and Chair. Smith did well when he came on, Amos is settling into the team better. Pugh and Kane were very poor, BOS mainly ineffective, Hugill wasteful. Eze ran the show towards the end but was disappointing before then, set pieces especially.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's on 23:27 - Dec 26 with 1146 viewsMedwayR

When Barbet is back it might be worth playing Hall in the defensive CM role instead of Cameron, he did well there under Holloway.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 23:27]

Poll: Who’s better?

Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 23:42 - Dec 26 with 1107 viewsWatfordR

Said to Watford the Younger on the way home we may as well have stayed indoors and watched a replay of the game here two years ago, almost a precise replica, without the Bidwell penalty.

Their goal, bloke will never hit a ball like that again in his life. I remember seeing a young Paul Gascoigne hit the ball like that against us at white hart lane once as it dropped to him in about the same spot, but after the ref blew for a free kick. Just the purest strike.

Never thought they had enough about them to score, but you can’t do anything about a once in a lifetime effort like that. Really cheesed off it took until the last 15 minutes to play with the pace, purpose and passion that would have seen them off with a bit to spare. I understand we’re a young team and still learning, so I don’t want to go overboard, but the game was there to be won.
Go on then - Match Fred v Berkshire's "finest" on 00:05 - Dec 27 with 1047 viewsCroydonCaptJack

You're not on your own mate. I think there's a good player in there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024