Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alastair Stewart... 18:44 - Jan 29 with 7540 viewsToast_R

Longest serving newsreader on TV , lost his job over an alleged racist Tweet

Stop the world, I want to get off.....
Alastair Stewart... on 09:32 - Jan 30 with 1374 viewsslmrstid

I really wonder why anyone in the public eye bothers with Twitter. Whatever you do, whatever you say, there are hordes of angry people out there waiting to pick up on you and drag you over the coals, regardless of if you've said anything outrageous or not, or deliberately or not.

I suppose there's some people out there who love the outrage they cause and the attention it garners them (Hopkins, Morgan et al...) but for the average well known person...gawd knows.

Same goes for footballers really, why bother?

Glad I have nothing to do with it, horrible place.
Alastair Stewart... on 09:40 - Jan 30 with 1351 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alastair Stewart... on 08:58 - Jan 30 by Toast_R

But these easily offended fukwits are doing far reaching damage to tackling racism.

We used to react to racism and call it out. Now people are actively seeking it out where it doesn't exist.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:11]

In defence of the ‘easily offended fck wits’ at the very least what Alastair Stewart said was extremely insensitive because of the historical tropes.

Racism is a complicated and veiled thing. It’s rarely the NF marching up and down the high street anymore so harder to call out it’s more grey than that. This means well meaning people will jump at ghosts that arn’t there sometimes.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:52]
Alastair Stewart... on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 1340 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 09:40 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

In defence of the ‘easily offended fck wits’ at the very least what Alastair Stewart said was extremely insensitive because of the historical tropes.

Racism is a complicated and veiled thing. It’s rarely the NF marching up and down the high street anymore so harder to call out it’s more grey than that. This means well meaning people will jump at ghosts that arn’t there sometimes.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 9:52]

A bit like this white privileged crap that seems to be the new thing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alastair Stewart... on 09:53 - Jan 30 with 1313 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alastair Stewart... on 09:43 - Jan 30 by paulparker

A bit like this white privileged crap that seems to be the new thing

Being rudely dismissive doesn’t help.
Alastair Stewart... on 10:04 - Jan 30 with 1291 viewsstevec

Still tickles me that Stewart thought he'd use his intellect (or, at least, Shakespeare's verbatim) to put the bloke down but was too thick to see the elephant in the room that would get himself the tin tack.

The words hoisted and petard spring to mind.
Alastair Stewart... on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 1283 viewsjonno

Alastair Stewart... on 10:09 - Jan 30 with 1281 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 09:53 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Being rudely dismissive doesn’t help.

Dismissive of what ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alastair Stewart... on 10:27 - Jan 30 with 1257 viewsdaveB

I'm struggling to see how thats racist more a misunderstanding. Shame as he's a really nice fella. Until this he worked in the same building as me so would see him every day
Login to get fewer ads

Alastair Stewart... on 10:31 - Jan 30 with 1238 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alastair Stewart... on 10:27 - Jan 30 by daveB

I'm struggling to see how thats racist more a misunderstanding. Shame as he's a really nice fella. Until this he worked in the same building as me so would see him every day

Not sure about that.

Has a reputation for bullying junior staff apparently.
Alastair Stewart... on 10:42 - Jan 30 with 1204 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr...
Why study the works o' Shakespeare when more profound messages can be found in the metaphor-rich lyrics o' Stormzy, such as ’suck my d*ck’?

Yo Ho!
Alastair Stewart... on 10:44 - Jan 30 with 1208 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 10:31 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not sure about that.

So did Megan Markle so did Trevor Mac Donald , Bill Cosby does that make them racist ?

It don’t matter what creed , colour , religion , sexuality you are if your a nasty piece of work then your a nasty piece of work and deserved to be called out on it
People like you need to stop making everything about Race people are fed up of being accused of it at a drop of a hat it’s boring now
And before you start going on about racism Isn’t boring I agree with you it isn’t and real racist issues need dealing with and sorting so maybe we can all get on with it and start living lives without the fear of upsetting everyone

Alistair Stewart tried to be clever and pompous , but racist no

Alastair Stewart... on 10:45 - Jan 30 with 1198 viewsdaveB

Not sure about that.

no idea about that, I was only commenting on my experience with him which was all good but never worked with him
Alastair Stewart... on 11:06 - Jan 30 with 1149 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not sure about that.

Surprised Corbs hasn't proposed he is elevated to the House of Lords then.
Alastair Stewart... on 11:30 - Jan 30 with 1107 viewssmegma

Alastair Stewart... on 20:51 - Jan 29 by ted_hendrix

As an avid reader of all things Shakespeare my all time favourite Shakespeare quote is "Beware the Ides of February."

My second all time favourite quote is from the play Paradise City, "And suddenly, suddenly he did a little syncopole or a drop-it and how, or something he did and caused a jerkit over a pimplode and I've been suffering ever since!"

Tedward, I have been in such a Branston pickle since I saw you last.
Alastair Stewart... on 11:32 - Jan 30 with 1096 viewsSharpy36

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Alastair Stewart... on 11:40 - Jan 30 with 1066 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 11:32 - Jan 30 by Sharpy36

This guy is Taylor made for the BBC

Alastair Stewart... on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 1054 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alastair Stewart... on 10:44 - Jan 30 by paulparker

So did Megan Markle so did Trevor Mac Donald , Bill Cosby does that make them racist ?

It don’t matter what creed , colour , religion , sexuality you are if your a nasty piece of work then your a nasty piece of work and deserved to be called out on it
People like you need to stop making everything about Race people are fed up of being accused of it at a drop of a hat it’s boring now
And before you start going on about racism Isn’t boring I agree with you it isn’t and real racist issues need dealing with and sorting so maybe we can all get on with it and start living lives without the fear of upsetting everyone

Alistair Stewart tried to be clever and pompous , but racist no

Before you shit your pants with anger, I have never said once that Alastair Stewart was racist.

Nor to my recollection have I EVER called anyone racist on here. Closest I got was when 2T2B called someone a ‘big black cnt’.
Alastair Stewart... on 11:59 - Jan 30 with 1014 viewsToast_R

Alastair Stewart... on 11:43 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Before you shit your pants with anger, I have never said once that Alastair Stewart was racist.

Nor to my recollection have I EVER called anyone racist on here. Closest I got was when 2T2B called someone a ‘big black cnt’.

Well we all descended from c*nts
Alastair Stewart... on 11:59 - Jan 30 with 1013 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 11:43 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not me who is angry my friend I think you are judging by your post
You were fresh coming on here saying

“defence of the ‘easily offended fck wits’ at the very least what Alastair Stewart said was extremely insensitive because of the historical tropes. “

So quoting Shakespeare is offensive Now ???

And if your talking about Racism being a veiled thing are you in agreement that the “victim” mr shapeland is actually a racist himself

Alastair Stewart... on 12:05 - Jan 30 with 1002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Alastair Stewart... on 11:59 - Jan 30 by paulparker

Not me who is angry my friend I think you are judging by your post
You were fresh coming on here saying

“defence of the ‘easily offended fck wits’ at the very least what Alastair Stewart said was extremely insensitive because of the historical tropes. “

So quoting Shakespeare is offensive Now ???

And if your talking about Racism being a veiled thing are you in agreement that the “victim” mr shapeland is actually a racist himself

Nope. Didn’t say quoting Shakespeare was racist. Didn’t even say Alaistair Stewart was racist.

Just saying, that if you know there is a history of people calling black people apes as an insult, maybe consider not quoting ape related literature it at them in a argument, even when you don’t mean it in a racist way.

A bit like telling Stevie Wonder to watch where he’s going after he bumps into you or buying your Nan a Wilkinson’s sword for her moustache.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 12:17]
Alastair Stewart... on 12:11 - Jan 30 with 982 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 12:05 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nope. Didn’t say quoting Shakespeare was racist. Didn’t even say Alaistair Stewart was racist.

Just saying, that if you know there is a history of people calling black people apes as an insult, maybe consider not quoting ape related literature it at them in a argument, even when you don’t mean it in a racist way.

A bit like telling Stevie Wonder to watch where he’s going after he bumps into you or buying your Nan a Wilkinson’s sword for her moustache.

Why isn’t he ?

Alastair Stewart... on 12:14 - Jan 30 with 973 viewsWokingR

Alastair Stewart... on 12:11 - Jan 30 by paulparker

Why isn’t he ?

Was just wondering the same.
He has prefixed every single comment with 'White'
If anybody else had done the same and used the word 'Black' there would be screaming hordes carrying torches and pitchforks.
Alastair Stewart... on 12:16 - Jan 30 with 966 viewsDorse

Alastair Stewart... on 19:37 - Jan 29 by bosh67

How utterly ridiculous.

I suppose if he had used the quote "Is this a dagger I see before me?" he would have been sacked for knife crime.

Our world have gone f*cking mad!

'Said Hamlet to Ophelia,
I'll draw a sketch of thee.
What kind of pencil shall I use?
2B or not 2B?'

Spike Milligan

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Alastair Stewart... on 12:21 - Jan 30 with 943 viewsMaggsinho

Apparently it wasn't a single tweet that was the problem but a run of tweets so not just the ape comment. From the guy on Twitter plus from the journalist Kate Maltby.

Alastair Stewart... on 12:24 - Jan 30 with 929 viewspaulparker

Alastair Stewart... on 12:05 - Jan 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

So basically your in agreement that Alistair Stewart shouldn’t of been chastised or made to resign then and that the hysterical reaction to his Shakespeare tweet is a load of bollox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024