Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So that's the season over. 00:13 - Feb 1 with 8869 viewsconnell10

Looks like our season is over then, same time next year ??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So that's the season over. on 12:06 - Feb 3 with 1704 viewsPinnerPaul

So that's the season over. on 11:47 - Feb 3 by connell10

If you pay 535 quid for a season ticket mate your entitled to moan a bit surely! They sacked of the Cup and League not the fans.

and keeping Wells and playing him, Kelly and Wallace v Sheff Weds means would have won both?

EVEN if we had a choice with Wells which , as we've said 43,452 times on here, we didn't., very unlikely we would have beaten Man City reserves and/or got in the top 6!
So that's the season over. on 13:06 - Feb 3 with 1620 viewsAntti_Heinola

Said it before, but I don't buy this 'sacked off the FA Cup'. You could argue that Kelly and Bright should've started, but that's another discussion. We still lost our next two games against comparable teams with both those two starting. But also, team v Swansea that we won 5-1 - game very definitely not sacked off: Kelly, Kane, Wallace, Masterson, Cameron, Ball, Pugh, Scowen, Chair BOS, Hugill.
Team when apparently we gave up all hope and 'sacked it off': Lumley, Kane, Masterson, Leistner, Manning, Ball, Pugh, Eze, Chair, Hugill, Clarke.

Different, but if anything, with Masterson mking his debut, the Swansea team was on paper at that time a weaker XI than the SWFC one.

Bare bones.

So that's the season over. on 13:12 - Feb 3 with 1602 viewsPinnerPaul

So that's the season over. on 13:06 - Feb 3 by Antti_Heinola

Said it before, but I don't buy this 'sacked off the FA Cup'. You could argue that Kelly and Bright should've started, but that's another discussion. We still lost our next two games against comparable teams with both those two starting. But also, team v Swansea that we won 5-1 - game very definitely not sacked off: Kelly, Kane, Wallace, Masterson, Cameron, Ball, Pugh, Scowen, Chair BOS, Hugill.
Team when apparently we gave up all hope and 'sacked it off': Lumley, Kane, Masterson, Leistner, Manning, Ball, Pugh, Eze, Chair, Hugill, Clarke.

Different, but if anything, with Masterson mking his debut, the Swansea team was on paper at that time a weaker XI than the SWFC one.

I think its just you and me on this one AH!
So that's the season over. on 19:56 - Feb 3 with 1536 viewsfrancisbowles

So that's the season over. on 13:12 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

I think its just you and me on this one AH!

and FB makes three
So that's the season over. on 07:38 - Feb 4 with 1467 viewsozexile

At present if you're putting Lumley in goal, you're saying the game doesn't mean much.
So that's the season over. on 08:01 - Feb 4 with 1430 viewsNed_Kennedys

So that's the season over. on 07:38 - Feb 4 by ozexile

At present if you're putting Lumley in goal, you're saying the game doesn't mean much.

Yes that is spot on, together with resting Wells and BOS. It was not our strongest team, end of.
So that's the season over. on 12:00 - Feb 4 with 1371 viewsconnell10

So that's the season over. on 12:06 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

and keeping Wells and playing him, Kelly and Wallace v Sheff Weds means would have won both?

EVEN if we had a choice with Wells which , as we've said 43,452 times on here, we didn't., very unlikely we would have beaten Man City reserves and/or got in the top 6!

In your opinion mate. Other than that carry on!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 12:01]

So that's the season over. on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 1366 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I agree. That team should have been able to win that game in the same way the team V Swansea comfortably did. No one complained about the starting line up after the Swansea game.

A lot of hindsight going on here.
Login to get fewer ads

So that's the season over. on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 1329 viewsManinBlack

So that's the season over. on 12:03 - Feb 4 by CroydonCaptJack

I agree. That team should have been able to win that game in the same way the team V Swansea comfortably did. No one complained about the starting line up after the Swansea game.

There is more than one way of sacking off a game it doesn't necessarily come as a result of team selection. The more obvious interpretation was the attitude displayed by the team who looked in the mood against Swansea but then inexplicably looked half arsed against Wednesday. What brought about the mood change where they looked like they couldn't be bothered, a trait which we seem to display year after year?
So that's the season over. on 14:43 - Feb 4 with 1242 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So that's the season over. on 12:29 - Feb 4 by ManinBlack

There is more than one way of sacking off a game it doesn't necessarily come as a result of team selection. The more obvious interpretation was the attitude displayed by the team who looked in the mood against Swansea but then inexplicably looked half arsed against Wednesday. What brought about the mood change where they looked like they couldn't be bothered, a trait which we seem to display year after year?

I do agree with that, especially in the first half. We looked far better once BOS came on. They did look lethargic up to then but I am sure they are not told to not try. Most of the criticism I have seen was about team selection.
So that's the season over. on 17:00 - Feb 4 with 1182 viewsPinnerPaul

So that's the season over. on 12:00 - Feb 4 by connell10

In your opinion mate. Other than that carry on!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 12:01]

Wells means we would beat Man City? - wow - as you say its all opinions!

Carry on!
So that's the season over. on 18:34 - Feb 4 with 1168 viewsconnell10

So that's the season over. on 17:00 - Feb 4 by PinnerPaul

Wells means we would beat Man City? - wow - as you say its all opinions!

Carry on!

Didn't say that. Carry on.

So that's the season over. on 19:18 - Feb 4 with 1133 viewsHastings_Hoops

Thought I’d be late coming in on this thread.

The season was over before it started. Surviving this year and pushing on next season was the height of most people’s ambitions in July.

Seen plenty of green shoots coming through this year. Next year - onwards and upwards.

Ps - watch us do the double over Wet Spam when they come down.
So that's the season over. on 20:01 - Feb 4 with 1096 viewsdaveB

I ranted about this in AKUTRs this week. I like Warburton but he tossed away the cup this year as so many QPR managers seem to do. Comical that a week later he is bemoaning the clubs financial position which he is right to do but maybe take a cup more seriously and earn the prize money and tv money that would have come our way if we had done our very best to win that game. We simply didn't give ourselves the best possible chance to win that game.

Key issues for me with that line up was that it sent out a message to the team that when you leave out your first choice keeper and your two most in form players that this isn't as important as the league and if you lose it doesn't matter.
Also starting Lumley meant we had to score 2/3 goals to stand a chance.

It was a crap decision from Warburton, if we wanted to win the game we should have given ourselves the best opportunity to do so by picking our best team, we didn't do that in any of the cup games this season and went out of both of them early.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 20:03]
So that's the season over. on 20:05 - Feb 4 with 1091 viewsdaveB

So that's the season over. on 12:06 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

of course we'd have lost to Man City but we would have got tv money for the game, a sell out crowd, and prize money for being in the 5th round, also something to look forward to a game for fans to feel excited about and a chance for our players to test themselves against the very best. It was a wasted opportunity.
So that's the season over. on 20:28 - Feb 4 with 1073 viewsdaveB

So that's the season over. on 12:03 - Feb 4 by CroydonCaptJack

No hindsight at all, of course that team picked could have won a game, it wasn't the under 11's but it didn't give us the best chance of winning the game.

if next Saturday at Huddersfield we rest Kelly, Bright and Hugil to keep them fresh for an away game on Tuesday we might still win or draw the game but we'd have a better chance if we start all 3.
So that's the season over. on 11:46 - Feb 5 with 996 viewsconnell10

So that's the season over. on 20:05 - Feb 4 by daveB

of course we'd have lost to Man City but we would have got tv money for the game, a sell out crowd, and prize money for being in the 5th round, also something to look forward to a game for fans to feel excited about and a chance for our players to test themselves against the very best. It was a wasted opportunity.

Excellent post Dave, we sacked off the cup and we all know it!

So that's the season over. on 13:42 - Feb 5 with 933 viewsderbyhoop

Hindsight always gives you 20/20 vision.

The side picked for SWFC was more than good enough. The problem was that we were lethargic for 3/4 of the game.
Lumley for Kelly and Clarke for BOS were the 2 changes that caused the most grief. But Clarke wasn't brought in to play for the U23s and he hadn't played in ages. He had a shocker. You can't legislate for that. Nor for the defence switching off 3 minutes before HT.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So that's the season over. on 13:47 - Feb 5 with 924 viewsconnell10

So that's the season over. on 13:42 - Feb 5 by derbyhoop

The side picked for SWFC was more than good enough. The problem was that we were lethargic for 3/4 of the game.
Lumley for Kelly and Clarke for BOS were the 2 changes that caused the most grief. But Clarke wasn't brought in to play for the U23s and he hadn't played in ages. He had a shocker. You can't legislate for that. Nor for the defence switching off 3 minutes before HT.

Why didnt we start with Wells?

So that's the season over. on 14:12 - Feb 5 with 905 viewsBenny_the_Ball

So that's the season over. on 13:47 - Feb 5 by connell10

Why didnt we start with Wells?

Spot on. Particularly as QPR already knew that he could be recalled and in all likelihood that would be his final game in a QPR shirt. Give him a chance to leave in a blaze of glory by firing us into the next round and if he got injured then bully for Burnley.
So that's the season over. on 15:26 - Feb 5 with 856 viewsderbyhoop

Wells didn't play against Swansea and that went OK.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So that's the season over. on 15:32 - Feb 5 with 843 viewsPinnerPaul

So that's the season over. on 20:05 - Feb 4 by daveB

But as AH and me have said you can't just say - play Wells and Bright and 'we would have won'

Sorry Dave but that is just nonsense, as AH as already pointed out - using the same criteria - we played a 'weaker' team v Swansea and won 5-1.

Football isn't that easy to predict as we and Paddy Power all know!
So that's the season over. on 22:31 - Feb 5 with 753 viewsOldPedro

So that's the season over. on 13:42 - Feb 5 by derbyhoop

Re Clarke - "But Clarke wasn't brought in to play for the U23s and he hadn't played in ages. "

Agree that he wasn't brought in to play for the u23's but surely he should be starting from the bench for the first few games rather than starting him against Weds especially asking him to replace our form player for the last few weeks,

Clarke was much more effective this weekend from the bench

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

So that's the season over. on 23:34 - Feb 5 with 706 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So that's the season over. on 11:46 - Feb 5 by connell10

Excellent post Dave, we sacked off the cup and we all know it!

We all don't.

Did we sack it off the previous round then?
So that's the season over. on 23:40 - Feb 5 with 701 viewsconnell10

So that's the season over. on 23:34 - Feb 5 by CroydonCaptJack

We all don't.

Did we sack it off the previous round then?

I suggest you listen to this weeks podcast and listen to what Clive has to say about our cup exit, yes we sacked off the cup!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024