Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January 14:06 - Feb 13 with 6872 viewsNorthernr

25 min video on the offish. Only just watching it now so not sure whether they resort to getting the finger puppets out. The twitter reaction so far has been a mixture of "fck off" and "awful body language" so that's worked then.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/hoos-ferdinand-and-warburton-discuss-jan
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 18:48 - Feb 13 with 1836 viewsWadR

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 18:19 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Bidwell’s wages were big (we still pay too much) but he was a free transfer I thought?

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-sign-brentfords-jake-bidwell/

Undisclosed here. Pretty certain he wasn't out of contract or anything.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:11 - Feb 13 with 1791 viewsRangersw12

Thought they all came across well

We seem to have this expectation now that every signing will work out.

Main problem we had not selling Freeman and Luongo for more was the board didn't accept better offers as they didn't want to take flak and be un popular

Should of Sold Freeman and Luongo last Jan when they're stock was high but instead TF put a tweet out saying not for sale bla bla
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 19:51]
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:45 - Feb 13 with 1730 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought the best point was made by Hoos towards the end. That we 'shouldn't need financial regulation'. Exactly.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:51 - Feb 13 with 1711 viewsWestonsuperR

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 15:15 - Feb 13 by LythamR

just watched it, I dont know what else people want them to say about the finances and transfers etc. this is where we are and they were honest about the situation.

I think they could have tried a smile, Les nearly managed one. Lee could have been a bit more upbeat perhaps but theres no point putting on your dancing shoes if your not allowed to dance.

Would have liked an update on Warren Farm, some good news as a counterpoint but i guess there isnt anything good to say about that

Completely agree with this, how can they be more clear? The fans don’t like the reality of the situation hence the negativity. Agree it would have been nice if they were more upbeat but maybe their persona emphasises the difficult situation we are in.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:52 - Feb 13 with 1705 viewsconnell10

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:45 - Feb 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I thought the best point was made by Hoos towards the end. That we 'shouldn't need financial regulation'. Exactly.

Well we probably wouldn't if uncle Tony and Co hadn't been running our club! Blame lies on their doorstep.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:53 - Feb 13 with 1694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:11 - Feb 13 by Rangersw12

Main problem we had not selling Freeman and Luongo for more was the board didn't accept better offers as they didn't want to take flak and be un popular

Should of Sold Freeman and Luongo last Jan when they're stock was high but instead TF put a tweet out saying not for sale bla bla

"Main problem we had not selling Freeman and Luongo for more was the board didn't accept better offers as they didn't want to take flak and be un popular"

We don't know that they rejected better offers, do we?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:02 - Feb 13 with 1657 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 18:40 - Feb 13 by ozexile

I'm with them all the way. I understand FFP. But if we sack off the cups again next season watch out.

Having watched and digested that rather depressive/downbeat little exercise in 'expectations management', what I would say, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of FFS (sorry FFP), what we can/can't afford, how much/little ambition we have etc. is the politics and timing of it is interesting. As a hopefully moderately intelligent/inquisitive being, I don't think I learned too much from it, though I guess there's a bit of kudos to them doing it at all. The basic components - we have to work within FFP and I can't be arsed to say it all again; there are reasons why other clubs are/seem to be spending more than we do/can; everything we do, we do for the club - are hardly object lessons in self-critique. One thing that would be interesting would be if a situation arises where Warburton is over-ruled on a player sale/purchase, say - though he seems almost preternatually predisposed to working in with Les and Lee, come what may, which is probably a big reason why he was hired. If they were singing any more closely from the same songsheet, they'd coalesce into one body!

At the same time, whatever the 'on' content of the message, and wherever we stand on the club's direction and decisions, the poster who tells us all to 'back off' and 'leave them too it' makes me despair. Try at least to keep some semblance of a critical/analytical tongue in your head, man! By your logic, there wouldn't be need for supporters at all, and football clubs would just be private companies. Oscar Wilde put it well - whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong! It's a nice default (call it sceptical irony) to have regarding the foregoing.

Hoos may or may not be 'telling it like it is', but, rightly or wrongly, it won't be news there's just something about the man I can't warm to or fully trust. Perhaps my intuitions are right; perhaps they're wrong. I don't like the way he's always telling us Loftus Road is somehow undevelopable/unprofitable/an albatross round our neck, rather than doing what he should be doing and maximising every bit of revenue it can generate, while talking in a transparent way to the Council and us about their stated aim (sincere or not) to help develop it. The failure to purchase the land behind the School End has been pointed out, and it seems that ship has sailed. But, and I'll say it again, even if we truly cannot develop up, out or down (leaving aside the imminent advent of safe standing), the likes of Bournemouth have been competitive in the Premiership with even smaller average crowds, while Burnley and Watford have similar capacities to ours. But all of that is to some extent relatively important anyway, as Hoos also seems wilfully blind to the fact that it's sponsorship, Sky and all the other emoluments that go with Premiership membership that are where the big money is. (I wish to God someone - Clive? - would call him out on this just once, because I think he and others have the kind of politician's mind-set that, if you say something often enough, it somehow makes it true.) And, call me old-fashioned, I don't want a moneyman who grew up thousands of miles from LR telling me why I have to accept his fiscal (non-)arguments for leaving the soul/crucible of the club I love behind. Mind you, like Warren Farm, that whole propaganda drive on behalf of a new stadium that it seems it's impossible to question whether we need (Hoos himself says, wrongly, we were only getting 14k crowds in the Premiership, but we will/have never attracted 25-30k crowds on a consistent basis), seems to have gone strangely quiet of late.

Some proper journalistic questions I'd have liked to seen asked might have included:

1. How does the Director of Football feel about how buying players like Bidwell, Lynch, Sylla, Scowen, Gladwin, Luongo et al., ostensibly to develop them and sell them on at a profit and then, er, fail to, sit with him? Who takes responsibility for that strategic failure? Woudl that be down to the mangers they've trumpeted as triumphs then sacked for doing their job (Holloway) or not (JFH, McClaren)? And, as a rider, why does the club now routinely fail to disclose to the paying public (that's us fans) the fees it does/doesn't receive for our players, so we, the fans, can scrutinise those deals on our own behalf?

2. Given that it's not actually controversial that our squad is significantly lighter post-window (net loss of 5 players, last time I checked), what size of squad does the manager want/the Board envision going into the next season. What would the response be to widespread complaints that the club seems effectively to be sacking off the rest of the season here? (Does MW think we are now safe from relegation?)

3. Just tell us once and for all, Lee, and we know you don't pick the team, if the club is so desperate for funds, why does it continue to play weakened teams in both cup competitions? From a business point of view, how much money does the club lose by failing to progress beyond the first round/couple of rounds since about 1457?

4. What do you think the implications are of constantly telling the world 'all our players are for sale' in relation to earning competitive fees for them, not to mention cultivating the interest of younger fans you say you aspire to?

5. No (5). Sorry, I'll do the decent thing, and 'back off' now. After all, QPR is a cult, not a club with quizzical adults in attendance!

I wish I felt better now! It wasn't a terrible panel, though one wonders what it would take to put a smile on Warbs' face, I find myself always feeling uneasy when Hoos starts blustering, and Les I usually end up wanting to share a man hug with.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 20:14]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:47 - Feb 13 with 1572 viewsOldPedro

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:02 - Feb 13 by stainrods_elbow

Having watched and digested that rather depressive/downbeat little exercise in 'expectations management', what I would say, leaving aside the rights and wrongs of FFS (sorry FFP), what we can/can't afford, how much/little ambition we have etc. is the politics and timing of it is interesting. As a hopefully moderately intelligent/inquisitive being, I don't think I learned too much from it, though I guess there's a bit of kudos to them doing it at all. The basic components - we have to work within FFP and I can't be arsed to say it all again; there are reasons why other clubs are/seem to be spending more than we do/can; everything we do, we do for the club - are hardly object lessons in self-critique. One thing that would be interesting would be if a situation arises where Warburton is over-ruled on a player sale/purchase, say - though he seems almost preternatually predisposed to working in with Les and Lee, come what may, which is probably a big reason why he was hired. If they were singing any more closely from the same songsheet, they'd coalesce into one body!

At the same time, whatever the 'on' content of the message, and wherever we stand on the club's direction and decisions, the poster who tells us all to 'back off' and 'leave them too it' makes me despair. Try at least to keep some semblance of a critical/analytical tongue in your head, man! By your logic, there wouldn't be need for supporters at all, and football clubs would just be private companies. Oscar Wilde put it well - whenever anyone agrees with me, I think I must be wrong! It's a nice default (call it sceptical irony) to have regarding the foregoing.

Hoos may or may not be 'telling it like it is', but, rightly or wrongly, it won't be news there's just something about the man I can't warm to or fully trust. Perhaps my intuitions are right; perhaps they're wrong. I don't like the way he's always telling us Loftus Road is somehow undevelopable/unprofitable/an albatross round our neck, rather than doing what he should be doing and maximising every bit of revenue it can generate, while talking in a transparent way to the Council and us about their stated aim (sincere or not) to help develop it. The failure to purchase the land behind the School End has been pointed out, and it seems that ship has sailed. But, and I'll say it again, even if we truly cannot develop up, out or down (leaving aside the imminent advent of safe standing), the likes of Bournemouth have been competitive in the Premiership with even smaller average crowds, while Burnley and Watford have similar capacities to ours. But all of that is to some extent relatively important anyway, as Hoos also seems wilfully blind to the fact that it's sponsorship, Sky and all the other emoluments that go with Premiership membership that are where the big money is. (I wish to God someone - Clive? - would call him out on this just once, because I think he and others have the kind of politician's mind-set that, if you say something often enough, it somehow makes it true.) And, call me old-fashioned, I don't want a moneyman who grew up thousands of miles from LR telling me why I have to accept his fiscal (non-)arguments for leaving the soul/crucible of the club I love behind. Mind you, like Warren Farm, that whole propaganda drive on behalf of a new stadium that it seems it's impossible to question whether we need (Hoos himself says, wrongly, we were only getting 14k crowds in the Premiership, but we will/have never attracted 25-30k crowds on a consistent basis), seems to have gone strangely quiet of late.

Some proper journalistic questions I'd have liked to seen asked might have included:

1. How does the Director of Football feel about how buying players like Bidwell, Lynch, Sylla, Scowen, Gladwin, Luongo et al., ostensibly to develop them and sell them on at a profit and then, er, fail to, sit with him? Who takes responsibility for that strategic failure? Woudl that be down to the mangers they've trumpeted as triumphs then sacked for doing their job (Holloway) or not (JFH, McClaren)? And, as a rider, why does the club now routinely fail to disclose to the paying public (that's us fans) the fees it does/doesn't receive for our players, so we, the fans, can scrutinise those deals on our own behalf?

2. Given that it's not actually controversial that our squad is significantly lighter post-window (net loss of 5 players, last time I checked), what size of squad does the manager want/the Board envision going into the next season. What would the response be to widespread complaints that the club seems effectively to be sacking off the rest of the season here? (Does MW think we are now safe from relegation?)

3. Just tell us once and for all, Lee, and we know you don't pick the team, if the club is so desperate for funds, why does it continue to play weakened teams in both cup competitions? From a business point of view, how much money does the club lose by failing to progress beyond the first round/couple of rounds since about 1457?

4. What do you think the implications are of constantly telling the world 'all our players are for sale' in relation to earning competitive fees for them, not to mention cultivating the interest of younger fans you say you aspire to?

5. No (5). Sorry, I'll do the decent thing, and 'back off' now. After all, QPR is a cult, not a club with quizzical adults in attendance!

I wish I felt better now! It wasn't a terrible panel, though one wonders what it would take to put a smile on Warbs' face, I find myself always feeling uneasy when Hoos starts blustering, and Les I usually end up wanting to share a man hug with.

Bournemouth broke FFP rules to get promoted and got fined

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

They survive in the Premier League because of the tv money - if they get relegated they will need to get promoted again quickly before the parachute payments run out.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:48 - Feb 13 with 1566 viewsconnell10

Agree about Hoos , just dont like him sorry!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 22:20 - Feb 13 with 1431 viewsdaveB

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 19:11 - Feb 13 by Rangersw12

I don't think they had an offers for those two last January so didn't have the option to turn things down or sell earlier
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:09 - Feb 13 with 1365 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The video starts with "I know you were keen to have this discussion..."

You could've fooled me!
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:18 - Feb 13 with 1346 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 18:40 - Feb 13 by ozexile

I'm with them all the way. I understand FFP. But if we sack off the cups again next season watch out.

I'm with them in term of transfer activity but there is simply no excuse to delay Warren Farm as infrastructure is exempt from FFP scrutiny. Building this training facility will help appease fans frustrations and provide the foundations needed to develop rough diamonds. A return to a cohesive scouting framework would also help.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 23:33]
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:26 - Feb 13 with 1329 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:47 - Feb 13 by OldPedro

They survive in the Premier League because of the tv money - if they get relegated they will need to get promoted again quickly before the parachute payments run out.

In the end, I believe, they 'agreed' a fine of 4.75 million - about 20% of ours, for some reason! About the price of a Premiership striker's chest hair!

And your point about the TV money just confirms my own.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:26 - Feb 13 with 1331 viewsrsonist

"And Lee just a final question for you, what is the long term plan for QPR?"

"The long term plan is i just want to have a financially sustainable club that can keep going so that in 125 years time it's still there and still going"

Well, you asked.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 23:27]
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:41 - Feb 13 with 1311 viewsSydneyRs

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 20:47 - Feb 13 by OldPedro

Its when rather than if for clubs like Bournemouth and relegation.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 00:00 - Feb 14 with 1289 viewsNortholt_Rs

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:09 - Feb 13 by Benny_the_Ball

The video starts with "I know you were keen to have this discussion..."

You could've fooled me!

My God what a fûcking depressing watch that was,,,,

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 00:02 - Feb 14 with 1289 viewsPunteR

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 23:18 - Feb 13 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm with them in term of transfer activity but there is simply no excuse to delay Warren Farm as infrastructure is exempt from FFP scrutiny. Building this training facility will help appease fans frustrations and provide the foundations needed to develop rough diamonds. A return to a cohesive scouting framework would also help.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 23:33]

Yeh interesting they didnt mention the training ground.
Im not sure how they think we will progress in a dilapidated stadium with an average gate attendace of 13k with no proper training facility.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 00:38 - Feb 14 with 1277 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Lee Hoos did not mention promotion to the Premier League as an option when speaking of how to increase our income. If he's not thinking of it and the focus is all on balancing the books - I don't think he is prepared to take any risks and therefore I don't see much changing any time soon. Our transfer dealings in January support this.

Interesting to hear how difficult it is to keep talented youngsters from the bigger clubs and how Brentford and Huddersfield have got rid of their Academy and have a B team instead. I wonder is this something we are looking at implementing?
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:09 - Feb 14 with 1118 views1MoreBrightonR

I think saying we should have sold Luongo and Freeman last january has the benefit of hindsight behind it....we stayed up, so we arent worried about going down but it was a lot closer than any of us would have iked and would we have stayed up with those 2 not in the squad? debateable.

One thing Ferdinand has said a few times is that you dont expect all your signings to be a success, especially with our limited budget. A lot are slight gambles and you really see that with Wheeler and BOS. Both signed at the same time and one has stormed the league this year and other is playing a league below, and arguably, not the one we thought would be when we signed them both. i cant remember what ratio he gave of how many they expect to be a success, but he mentions its true at every club, including top clubs with huge scouting networks....we just tend to only notice the successes at other clubs.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:17 - Feb 14 with 1111 viewsozranger

Speaking of FFP and fine/points deductions, has there been anything more on this with Birmingham?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51013181

I think our position is that of having been caught once we are now more under the microscope than other clubs and thus similar with Brum.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:44 - Feb 14 with 1062 viewsTheChef

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 16:37 - Feb 13 by nix

I like Hoos obvious invitation to the EFL to look at the FFP of certain other clubs in the Championship- there are other clubs that are having issues. Go on, look at Derby, or maybe Swansea, or perhaps Birmingham, dock them some more points - nothing to see here at KPFS. We're squeaky clean m'lord.

What I hear is Wednesday are about to get done for fraud; so never mind the legal repercussions, expect the EFL to come down on them like a ton of bricks....

This from a Wigan fan at work, so keep it under yer hat, like.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:12 - Feb 14 with 1000 viewskingo

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 08:44 - Feb 14 by TheChef

What I hear is Wednesday are about to get done for fraud; so never mind the legal repercussions, expect the EFL to come down on them like a ton of bricks....

This from a Wigan fan at work, so keep it under yer hat, like.

The Wednesday/Derby situation is interesting. A discussion on 606 a while back said the the EFL under good old Shaun HarveyLUFC had told clubs that it was within the rules to sell their grounds. However they have now realised the error but do not have the financial resources to go to court. The EFL are basically in a real mess as other clubs, including Boro and us by the look of it, are monitoring the situation and time is running out.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:24 - Feb 14 with 985 viewsWilly_WonkR

Obviously the Premiership money helps Burnley but one of the reasons (I understand) they got there and then returned so quickly was because of Hoos and his part in setting the club up in a financially stable position. I don't think that the starting position was as low as ours and was therefore easier to achieve the stability but he does have a legacy there.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:30 - Feb 14 with 968 viewstimcocking

They have an absolutely thankless task.

I swear to Christ mind you, they seem make it much harder for themselves sometimes with the daft things they do. Like resting our best players and going out of the cup every sodding time (no need to defend dropping BOS, i'm simply not having that for a moment).

They should be going all out to get standing, that'd bring the atmosphere straight back and get us rocking and rolling again and trying to win every cup.

In terms of the team and the football this year, i still think we've been an absolute pleasure to watch a lot of the time all things considered.
Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:48 - Feb 14 with 931 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hoos, Ferdinand, Warburton talk January on 09:30 - Feb 14 by timcocking

They have an absolutely thankless task.

I swear to Christ mind you, they seem make it much harder for themselves sometimes with the daft things they do. Like resting our best players and going out of the cup every sodding time (no need to defend dropping BOS, i'm simply not having that for a moment).

They should be going all out to get standing, that'd bring the atmosphere straight back and get us rocking and rolling again and trying to win every cup.

In terms of the team and the football this year, i still think we've been an absolute pleasure to watch a lot of the time all things considered.

Agree with every word in every sentence here.

Spot on.

Realistic.

No more stupid Uncle Tone pipe dreams.

Be real.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024