Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43559 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 10:40 - May 6 with 2546 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 10:29 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Wasn't some training ground close to the linford Christie stadium coming up as available?

Or have I just made that up?

Apparently Imperial College were looking to vacate the Concorde Club ground in Cranford.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warren Farm not happening on 10:41 - May 6 with 2541 viewsactonman

Warren Farm not happening on 10:29 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Wasn't some training ground close to the linford Christie stadium coming up as available?

Or have I just made that up?

I can’t fking wait for the day I drive down that road past 2000 identikit new build homes .

And if the developer had any sort of sense of humour, they will name the roads bowles Lane, marsh drive and such like

Mmwaaaaahh
Warren Farm not happening on 10:43 - May 6 with 2517 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 10:41 - May 6 by actonman

I can’t fking wait for the day I drive down that road past 2000 identikit new build homes .

And if the developer had any sort of sense of humour, they will name the roads bowles Lane, marsh drive and such like

Mmwaaaaahh

Washington Close

Warren Farm not happening on 10:44 - May 6 with 2512 viewspaulparker

I said from day one this wouldn’t happen, can’t wait for the TF apologists to explain this one
Shall we file this under bullsh1t like old oak common
What a shambles we are, whilst we have p1ssed around the last 8/9 years with this, the likes of Brentford/spurs have new grounds , Fulham/Watford have built new stands
And little old QPR are left behind
Fcuk off tune group

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 10:50 - May 6 with 2467 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 10:44 - May 6 by paulparker

I said from day one this wouldn’t happen, can’t wait for the TF apologists to explain this one
What a shambles we are, whilst we have p1ssed around the last 8/9 years with this, the likes of Brentford/spurs have new grounds , Fulham/Watford have built new stands
Fcuk off tune group

Not apologising for anyone.

Brentford I'll give you but took Spurs 20+ years to get a new ground and I think the first plans for developing Craven Cottage were etched into stone. Watford have acres of land to play with just needed funding.

Warren Farm not happening on 10:51 - May 6 with 2456 viewsJeff

Warren Farm not happening on 10:44 - May 6 by paulparker

Fcuk off tune group

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are in advanced discussions regarding the freehold of another site which we decided to pursue when the opportunity to acquire the site came up.
“In the spirit of the excellent working relationship we have with Ealing Council we have made them aware of the situation and assured them we remain firmly committed to helping them develop the site for community use.
“As there is a non-disclosure agreement in place regarding the other site, no further comment will be made at this time.”

Warren Farm was becoming a pain in the @rse, so we've bought somewhere else.

Can we not knock it?

Warren Farm not happening on 10:52 - May 6 with 2448 viewsPaddyhoops

Warren Farm not happening on 10:05 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

New stadium
New training ground
Premiership football

Owners have always been full of sh!t

Hate to say it but I make you right!
We've been led a merry dance by this lot.
They wanted the instant hit of premier league football without the infrastructure being in place.
Spent big on wages and parasitical has beens
And reaped the inevitable results!!
Club is owned by hoteliers, airline magnets and steel makers. Doesn't take a genius to work out thier business models have fallen off a cliff.
Cut costs......hmmm let's see where we can start!
Worrying times ahead!!!
Warren Farm not happening on 10:52 - May 6 with 2445 viewsJJB

I'm pleased for the sparrows that nested in the trees there though..

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 10:52 - May 6 with 2442 viewsLblock

I have no words......

Third runway off.
Harlington therefore available?
Clearly it'll be a dog sh1t park cheap alternative and not the shiney new state of the art facility to be proud of... if anything.

They handled WF all wrong, don't be led by any other BS on it, 1,000% another in the long list of Bungles bungles.

A bit of me hopes it becomes a huge TESCO distribution centre open 24/7 but as I'm reasonably local I'd prefer green space maintained.

A sad day.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 10:53 - May 6 with 2440 viewsflynnbo

Warren Farm not happening on 10:13 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I should imaging the *new* site is private land or already a sports facility.

It'll be Griffin Park!
Warren Farm not happening on 10:55 - May 6 with 2424 viewsHunterhoop

I’m confused. Surely this is good news. Warren does not equal training ground. Warren Farm is simply a location, some real estate, land.

I don’t care where we have a training ground, as long it’s high quality and ours.

This announcement is saying we’re close to agreeing a deal for another site.

That is really good news, isn’t it?! If that’s all the announcement had been, and we didn’t have 10 years of thinking/being told Warren Farm was the target, we’d be happy with this news, right?!

It’s great Hoos has come up with a plan B. Kudos should go to him. No one before him had one.

Obviously if nothing comes off there, then criticism is justified....but not now. It’s good news!
Warren Farm not happening on 11:00 - May 6 with 2390 viewsDannyPaddox

The club are saying the new new training ground will be in Ealing.

Ealing, North Dakota.
Warren Farm not happening on 11:01 - May 6 with 2383 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 10:55 - May 6 by Hunterhoop

I’m confused. Surely this is good news. Warren does not equal training ground. Warren Farm is simply a location, some real estate, land.

I don’t care where we have a training ground, as long it’s high quality and ours.

That is really good news, isn’t it?! If that’s all the announcement had been, and we didn’t have 10 years of thinking/being told Warren Farm was the target, we’d be happy with this news, right?!

It’s great Hoos has come up with a plan B. Kudos should go to him. No one before him had one.

Obviously if nothing comes off there, then criticism is justified....but not now. It’s good news!

To be honest I find it strangely reassuring. People having a good moan about things that don't really matter that much.

Warren Farm not happening on 11:03 - May 6 with 2370 viewsMedwayR

I don't think the club did much wrong on Warren Farm other than revising their plans which set us back and gave SWF the opportunity to delay. I suspect if we'd had a clear plan from day one then we'd probably have it built by now.

If it is the Concorde Club then it makes sense as our academy already uses it and it's already established as a sports ground. All we'd need to do is upgrade the facilities and pitches etc. We could probably also partner with local schools & colleges to further our community work if we wanted to.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm not happening on 11:06 - May 6 with 2348 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 10:55 - May 6 by Hunterhoop

Good news we have wasted the last 8/9 years on this fiasco , just like the good news of old oak common and the stadium designs etc
It’s all bollox

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 11:09 - May 6 with 2337 viewsGloucs_R

Warren Farm not happening on 10:40 - May 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Apparently Imperial College were looking to vacate the Concorde Club ground in Cranford.

That was it, thanks.

Where is the Concord Club?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:12]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warren Farm not happening on 11:18 - May 6 with 2286 viewsrsonist

Bungleposters just going to enjoy their day in the sun, pull a typical "told you so" out of their stopped clock arrises and keep ignoring the constant legal obstacles to this project.

Snider bunch of bad faith cnts than the Save Warren Farm activists.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:18]
Warren Farm not happening on 11:24 - May 6 with 2249 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree with Hunterhoop's comments.

We all know the owners have made plenty of monumental mistakes in their naivety. Some on here can't wait for an opportunity to remind them. It's all history and we have to put it to one side.

The difference now, hopefully, is that we have Hoos in from the start of the project and he has been at clubs who have successfully developed stadiums and/or training grounds Southampton, Leicester and Burnley, so he has probably gained experience and knowledge of how it was done.
Warren Farm not happening on 11:26 - May 6 with 2238 viewskingo

Warren Farm not happening on 10:40 - May 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

I heard a while back that either the Concord Club or Harlington was going to become available. Obviously the pitches etc are already there, plus some buildings, which could be easily improved if we own it.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm not happening on 11:26 - May 6 with 2235 viewsBostonR

It sounds as though another opportunity prevailed itself to the club and is too good to turn down - what is there not to like?
I have been in the property investment/re-investment market too long and have seen this happen on many proposals. Whilst I thought WF was very close the Board have lost interest and have shut that file. It's business - move on.
Warren Farm not happening on 11:27 - May 6 with 2225 viewsfrancisbowles

It is the former BOAC and British Airways Clubs Speedbird/Concorde sports facility in Cranford and only five minutes drive from the M4.
Warren Farm not happening on 11:30 - May 6 with 2213 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warren Farm not happening on 11:09 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

That was it, thanks.

Where is the Concord Club?
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:12]

It's down the road from the current training ground. Heston Sports Ground TW5 9PQ. Imperial College currently run it but are vacating. I don't know if thats the one the club are buying could just be a coincidence.

Warren Farm not happening on 11:30 - May 6 with 2208 viewskingo

Warren Farm not happening on 11:27 - May 6 by francisbowles

It is the former BOAC and British Airways Clubs Speedbird/Concorde sports facility in Cranford and only five minutes drive from the M4.

I went there when my son was involved with the QPR Academy. Nice big hall, separate bar and pitches already laid out.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm not happening on 11:34 - May 6 with 2175 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 11:18 - May 6 by rsonist

Bungleposters just going to enjoy their day in the sun, pull a typical "told you so" out of their stopped clock arrises and keep ignoring the constant legal obstacles to this project.

Snider bunch of bad faith cnts than the Save Warren Farm activists.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 11:18]

Yeah because TF & the tune group don’t have previous do they ?
Every promise has been a lie or a focus up , if they really wanted this site they would have gone and got it, money talks end of the day , Look at levy at spurs he got what he wanted when people opposed the land for the new stadium , it was all bluster as per usual but this time they rode it for years and years
as for calling people kunts perhaps you need to have a good look in the mirror

Warren Farm not happening on 11:57 - May 6 with 2043 viewsLoftgirl

Warren Farm not happening on 10:43 - May 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

Washington Close

Or Washington Hardly Ever Close.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024