Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43563 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 16:11 - May 6 with 2667 viewsloftus77

Warren Farm not happening on 11:00 - May 6 by DannyPaddox

The club are saying the new new training ground will be in Ealing.

Ealing, North Dakota.

I wouldn't put it past them.

At least it'd be flat I guess...
Warren Farm not happening on 16:33 - May 6 with 2582 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 15:36 - May 6 by kingo

In all this ranting and sniping, not many have considered that perhaps the club have GOOD reasons for making this announcement and perhaps the outcome will be beneficial to the club. Let’s just wait for the next announcement and perhaps we might be happy.

Wait and see.

Let's say, hypothetically, this alternative site is a purchase rather than a rent, and a freehold rather than a leasehold, and is already a sports ground negating the planning permission problems, and already has flat pitches negating all the levelling out and landfill works that WF required, and the reason they can't quite announce it yet is because it's difficult to get everybody in a room to finalise it all atm but as soon as lockdown is lifted... then we've had a right touch.

If it is more bluster, more bullsht, more jam tomorrow, more kicking a can down the road, and all of this... then yeh, go for the jugular. All that time, all those promises, all that money spent on lawyers... We'll know soon enough, because I think the lease is up on harlington shortly, so if that's renewed or we leave there for another rental job then go nuts. But we don't know that yet.

And it is of course a concern that deals agreed prior to the world falling apart may not be so attractive and agreeable afterwards. But we don't know that yet either.

So, like I say... powder dry.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warren Farm not happening on 16:42 - May 6 with 2557 viewsjohncharles

Warren Farm not happening on 16:33 - May 6 by Northernr

Wait and see.

Let's say, hypothetically, this alternative site is a purchase rather than a rent, and a freehold rather than a leasehold, and is already a sports ground negating the planning permission problems, and already has flat pitches negating all the levelling out and landfill works that WF required, and the reason they can't quite announce it yet is because it's difficult to get everybody in a room to finalise it all atm but as soon as lockdown is lifted... then we've had a right touch.

If it is more bluster, more bullsht, more jam tomorrow, more kicking a can down the road, and all of this... then yeh, go for the jugular. All that time, all those promises, all that money spent on lawyers... We'll know soon enough, because I think the lease is up on harlington shortly, so if that's renewed or we leave there for another rental job then go nuts. But we don't know that yet.

And it is of course a concern that deals agreed prior to the world falling apart may not be so attractive and agreeable afterwards. But we don't know that yet either.

Might as well be optimistic in the meantime.

Strong and stable my arse.

Warren Farm not happening on 17:09 - May 6 with 2470 viewsstevec

Wait and see.

Maybe even stick a new ground on the 3rd runway with a decent size car park.
Warren Farm not happening on 17:10 - May 6 with 2474 viewsQpr207

Warren Farm not happening on 15:46 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Probably Carole Baskin

Lions and Tigers too

Huh?
Warren Farm not happening on 17:12 - May 6 with 2460 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren Farm not happening on 14:39 - May 6 by paulparker

I’m not angry about it , in fact it’s a mere shrug of the shoulders from me as I knew from day one this wouldn’t happen , like OOC and LCS , it’s a fantasy world from a fantasy obsessed board
This rsonist poster calling people kunts for having the temerity to question said useless board is what has given me the hump

Not angry, a mere shrug of the shoulders?
Christ mate you nearly burnt down the forum with your anger. If that isn't anger I worry what you consider to be anger?

Bare bones.

Warren Farm not happening on 17:22 - May 6 with 2424 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 17:12 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Not angry, a mere shrug of the shoulders?
Christ mate you nearly burnt down the forum with your anger. If that isn't anger I worry what you consider to be anger?

What are you my therapist

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 17:31 - May 6 with 2397 viewssmegma

Norfolt/Mel told me this story about 6 weeks ago and asked me not to mention anything on here. Then lockdown occurred and I forgot all about it. Maybe he can fill in more details ??
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 17:55 - May 6 with 2346 viewsrsonist

Wait and see.

Okay but this is a false binary though. God knows the board have ballsed up plenty in their time but if a construction project is held up for a decade by litigation to the point of abandonment it still will not come under "more bluster, more bullsht, more jam tomorrow, more kicking a can down the road, and all of this... then yeh, go for the jugular. All that time, all those promises, all that money spent on lawyers" whether we end up finding a better option or not.

And if anyone believes otherwise then please let's hear why, without the sweeping digressive whinges, without the baseless speculation, without the "hurr durr look mum I called him Bungle again".

Nothing wrong with frustration, certainly nothing wrong with holding the owners accountable, but let's fkn have it right here, for our own sakes.
Warren Farm not happening on 18:09 - May 6 with 2304 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm not happening on 17:55 - May 6 by rsonist

Okay but this is a false binary though. God knows the board have ballsed up plenty in their time but if a construction project is held up for a decade by litigation to the point of abandonment it still will not come under "more bluster, more bullsht, more jam tomorrow, more kicking a can down the road, and all of this... then yeh, go for the jugular. All that time, all those promises, all that money spent on lawyers" whether we end up finding a better option or not.

And if anyone believes otherwise then please let's hear why, without the sweeping digressive whinges, without the baseless speculation, without the "hurr durr look mum I called him Bungle again".

Nothing wrong with frustration, certainly nothing wrong with holding the owners accountable, but let's fkn have it right here, for our own sakes.

Been drinking early have we?. Some of your posts trying to dig out PP has been low even by your standards.

Clearly there's reason to be frustrated by this announcement despite all the "facts" as you like to put it.
Whats wrong with fans having a vent on here without a smart arse's like you "and your like " trying to put them in their place.
The attitude on this site sometimes stinks the place out.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 18:10]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm not happening on 18:20 - May 6 with 2262 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm not happening on 10:55 - May 6 by Hunterhoop

I’m confused. Surely this is good news. Warren does not equal training ground. Warren Farm is simply a location, some real estate, land.

I don’t care where we have a training ground, as long it’s high quality and ours.

This announcement is saying we’re close to agreeing a deal for another site.

That is really good news, isn’t it?! If that’s all the announcement had been, and we didn’t have 10 years of thinking/being told Warren Farm was the target, we’d be happy with this news, right?!

It’s great Hoos has come up with a plan B. Kudos should go to him. No one before him had one.

Obviously if nothing comes off there, then criticism is justified....but not now. It’s good news!

I dont really get this post . possibly just trying to be pragmatic about it all , but surely it cant be that confusing as to why fans have the hump, all things considered.

Warren Farm not happening on 18:24 - May 6 with 2241 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 18:09 - May 6 by PunteR

Been drinking early have we?. Some of your posts trying to dig out PP has been low even by your standards.

Clearly there's reason to be frustrated by this announcement despite all the "facts" as you like to put it.
Whats wrong with fans having a vent on here without a smart arse's like you "and your like " trying to put them in their place.
The attitude on this site sometimes stinks the place out.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 18:10]

Lol yes "facts as you like to put it". Cuff me officer, I'm guilty.

Really not interested in people "having a vent" if it's part and parcel with talking disingenuous and divisive bllx.
Warren Farm not happening on 18:40 - May 6 with 2189 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm not happening on 18:24 - May 6 by rsonist

Really not interested in people "having a vent" if it's part and parcel with talking disingenuous and divisive bllx.

clearly you are interested though.

Lol

Warren Farm not happening on 20:00 - May 6 with 2022 viewsDixie_CT

People read what that want to read. Facts: the new site has been mentioned on this thread, it’s a genuine thing and it’s a better option than WF.

More interested in the debate rather than the subject!
Warren Farm not happening on 20:13 - May 6 with 2000 viewsLblock

Wait and see.

Clive..... what's your gut feeling for which option it is at the moment?

You could base it on past performance predicting future potential action maybe

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 20:18 - May 6 with 1983 viewsNorthernr

Warren Farm not happening on 20:13 - May 6 by Lblock

Clive..... what's your gut feeling for which option it is at the moment?

You could base it on past performance predicting future potential action maybe

Christ I really didn’t think my post was that subtle.
Warren Farm not happening on 20:30 - May 6 with 1956 viewsGloucs_R

Warren Farm not happening on 20:18 - May 6 by Northernr

Christ I really didn’t think my post was that subtle.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warren Farm not happening on 20:32 - May 6 with 1946 viewsLblock

Warren Farm not happening on 18:24 - May 6 by rsonist

You've become my favourite left wing tvvat on here mate.... quite an effort to displace the past incumbent.

I've slipped to your level on the personal insults but never mind, your condescending attitude to anyone with a different view to you invites it on.

Loving your double standards though.
Our owners completely c0ck EVERYTHING up yet you cut them slack, say they're learning, victims of external pressures and excuse their total incompetence.
Yet other people in power don't have fully polished crystal balls, fail miserably and you're all over them like Diane Abbotts answer to a maths question calling for action, heads and revolution (you know... the second most used thread on here plus others).

In answering you question to PP a few pages ago.... the owners totally mishandled this from Day One. Not unlike announcing stadium plans complete with CGI's and flashy presentations all to be built on land they didn't own!!! Basic fundamentals for the initial feasibility stages on WF were ignored; they blustered and... you guessed it... bungled on.
You're not even flinching at the LIES that they spouted a couple of months ago spinning trott that works were imminent etc. It was obvious to me years back this was set up to fail and fail it has.... the legal hurdles could've a) been avoided, b) been planned for and c) defeated before they took off with proactive action; ergo this is an abject failure by the Tune Group yet again.

Do I believe this statement about alternative options? Well, past conduct gives me a whiff of horseshat but I'll wait and see... I may even chuck in a pair of my socks as a desert course if it happens.

As you were...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm not happening on 20:39 - May 6 with 1930 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm not happening on 15:06 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

"And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club. "

But that's based on the assumption that Lee Hoos is telling the truth and the club are indeed in discussions on an alternative site. And even if they are, will it materialise into anything tangible? As Paul has rightly pointed out, the owners have form for talking a good game but not delivering. Having won the Supreme Court appeal in 2018, WF was there for the taking but the club chose not to act. Meanwhile, others like Brentford and Charlton, have just got on with it. This does not sound like owners who are serious about delivering the infrastructure the club needs.

I'm not happy about yet another delay affecting the training ground and let's be honest, we have made no actual progress with our infrastructure projects, but these things take ages and some aspects are simply outside the club's control. Man I hope Hoos' plan B turns out to be real and the club actually delivers something.

That said, your statement "Having won the Supreme Court appeal in 2018, WF was there for the taking but the club chose not to act" is unfair and inaccurate. The judicial review was a huge obstacle flung in our way and meant WF was anything but "there for the taking" and if the club's statement is backed up by action - if - then they most certainly are choosing to act.

If Hoos' plan B truly is a better option then it is far more prudent to give up on WF, rather than to just myopically carry on with it for the sake of delivering the existing plan.

Time will tell.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm not happening on 20:40 - May 6 with 1926 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm not happening on 20:00 - May 6 by Dixie_CT

People read what that want to read. Facts: the new site has been mentioned on this thread, it’s a genuine thing and it’s a better option than WF.

More interested in the debate rather than the subject!

It's a genuine thing same as Warren farm, old oak common was a genuine thing . It hasnt happened yet though. Of course fans are going to get irritated by all these false dawns And to think Skylarks delayed it all..
Let's hope plan B is better than plan A.
Although in the grand scheme of things its understandable if its not at the top of the priority list atm.

Warren Farm not happening on 20:49 - May 6 with 1897 viewsDixie_CT

Warren Farm not happening on 20:40 - May 6 by PunteR

It's a genuine thing same as Warren farm, old oak common was a genuine thing . It hasnt happened yet though. Of course fans are going to get irritated by all these false dawns And to think Skylarks delayed it all..
Although in the grand scheme of things its understandable if its not at the top of the priority list atm.

The approach, behaviour of the Board and communications can definitely be challenged, what is trickier is intent. The intent has been there for all those projects but they haven’t happened, in all cases, due to reasons beyond the clubs control.

Some of the posts read like it has all been a PR exercise & BullSh1t but that is wrong.

Completely agree that nothing has happened yet so let’s wait and see if they get this over the line but this looks like the one with the highest probability.
Warren Farm not happening on 20:51 - May 6 with 1894 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 20:32 - May 6 by Lblock

You've become my favourite left wing tvvat on here mate.... quite an effort to displace the past incumbent.

I've slipped to your level on the personal insults but never mind, your condescending attitude to anyone with a different view to you invites it on.

Our owners completely c0ck EVERYTHING up yet you cut them slack, say they're learning, victims of external pressures and excuse their total incompetence.
Yet other people in power don't have fully polished crystal balls, fail miserably and you're all over them like Diane Abbotts answer to a maths question calling for action, heads and revolution (you know... the second most used thread on here plus others).

In answering you question to PP a few pages ago.... the owners totally mishandled this from Day One. Not unlike announcing stadium plans complete with CGI's and flashy presentations all to be built on land they didn't own!!! Basic fundamentals for the initial feasibility stages on WF were ignored; they blustered and... you guessed it... bungled on.
You're not even flinching at the LIES that they spouted a couple of months ago spinning trott that works were imminent etc. It was obvious to me years back this was set up to fail and fail it has.... the legal hurdles could've a) been avoided, b) been planned for and c) defeated before they took off with proactive action; ergo this is an abject failure by the Tune Group yet again.

Do I believe this statement about alternative options? Well, past conduct gives me a whiff of horseshat but I'll wait and see... I may even chuck in a pair of my socks as a desert course if it happens.

As you were...

Sifting through this drivel for a point:

"Basic fundamentals for the initial feasibility stages on WF were ignored"

Proof please ta.

"the legal hurdles could've a) been avoided, b) been planned for and c) defeated before they took off with proactive action;"

How so exactly, ta again.

"It was obvious to me years back this was set up to fail"

Uh huh sure seems legit.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 20:52]
Warren Farm not happening on 20:57 - May 6 with 1873 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm not happening on 20:32 - May 6 by Lblock

As you were...

"You've become my favourite left wing tvvat on here mate.... quite an effort to displace the past incumbent".

I'd like to believe that you regret including that political comment, sir. You might be editing it out as we speak.

This topic hasn't be tainted by political ranting yet and in my humble opinion, that is quite right because this issue has nothing to do with the eternal tug of war between the left and the right.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm not happening on 21:01 - May 6 with 1859 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 21:01 - May 6 with 1854 viewsRangersDave

Warren Farm not happening on 20:40 - May 6 by PunteR

All aboard.......

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024