Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43570 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 11:59 - May 6 with 2345 viewsTheChef

Probably not a bad thing overall, if we're able to secure a less problematic site. Although I'm still not sure where the funds are coming from, especially when you consider what state QPR finances will be in after all this.

Anyway, it's nice for a change to have a QPR topic for some people to get their knickers in a twist. It's been too long!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warren Farm not happening on 12:03 - May 6 with 2302 views2Thomas2Bowles

You have to think of the hat/s saved from being eaten as no doubt moldy by now.

*like their owners*
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:04]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 12:19 - May 6 with 2258 viewsbosh67

Warren Farm not happening on 10:51 - May 6 by Jeff

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are in advanced discussions regarding the freehold of another site which we decided to pursue when the opportunity to acquire the site came up.
“In the spirit of the excellent working relationship we have with Ealing Council we have made them aware of the situation and assured them we remain firmly committed to helping them develop the site for community use.
“As there is a non-disclosure agreement in place regarding the other site, no further comment will be made at this time.”

Warren Farm was becoming a pain in the @rse, so we've bought somewhere else.

This. I believe they have got another venue sorted for training etc. Less hassle and more potential.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warren Farm not happening on 12:20 - May 6 with 2256 viewsLythamR

Warren Farm not happening on 11:59 - May 6 by TheChef

Probably not a bad thing overall, if we're able to secure a less problematic site. Although I'm still not sure where the funds are coming from, especially when you consider what state QPR finances will be in after all this.

Anyway, it's nice for a change to have a QPR topic for some people to get their knickers in a twist. It's been too long!

it will be interesting to see where this goes. We have been told enough times that the owners wanted to invest but had hands tied by FFP

investment in a new training ground is outside the scope of FFP so i can see the sense in purchasing land for a training ground and owning it rather than leasing, if as some are speculating it is the Concord club land then it may well be a positive result
Warren Farm not happening on 12:23 - May 6 with 2236 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wonder how much the finances of Tune Group and the collapse of the airline industry really played in this (if true)
Warren Farm not happening on 12:24 - May 6 with 2227 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warren Farm not happening on 12:20 - May 6 by LythamR

it will be interesting to see where this goes. We have been told enough times that the owners wanted to invest but had hands tied by FFP

investment in a new training ground is outside the scope of FFP so i can see the sense in purchasing land for a training ground and owning it rather than leasing, if as some are speculating it is the Concord club land then it may well be a positive result

Investment in infrastructure like training grounds and stadiums are exempt from FFP spending. They are misleading if they say that.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 13:20]
Warren Farm not happening on 12:25 - May 6 with 2221 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren Farm not happening on 11:34 - May 6 by paulparker

Yeah because TF & the tune group don’t have previous do they ?
Every promise has been a lie or a focus up , if they really wanted this site they would have gone and got it, money talks end of the day , Look at levy at spurs he got what he wanted when people opposed the land for the new stadium , it was all bluster as per usual but this time they rode it for years and years
as for calling people kunts perhaps you need to have a good look in the mirror

Painfully naiive.

Bare bones.

Warren Farm not happening on 12:29 - May 6 with 2174 views2Thomas2Bowles

I may have it wrong but I thought QPR would have been paying 20M to build the WR facility but never own it plus rent on the lease.

I don't know what it would cost to buy this other facility but it won't be cheap.

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 12:32 - May 6 with 2179 viewsloftboy

I wonder when the next set of plans hit the council for WF that the Brentford brigade put as much effort into stopping those?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Warren Farm not happening on 12:33 - May 6 with 2168 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 11:34 - May 6 by paulparker

Yeah because TF & the tune group don’t have previous do they ?
Every promise has been a lie or a focus up , if they really wanted this site they would have gone and got it, money talks end of the day , Look at levy at spurs he got what he wanted when people opposed the land for the new stadium , it was all bluster as per usual but this time they rode it for years and years
as for calling people kunts perhaps you need to have a good look in the mirror

Is or is it not the case that the delaying and failure of this project is wholly down to the prolonged legal opposition against it.

Simple question. No moving goalposts, no giving it large and vague about Tune Group in general and then quiet as church mice when facts to the contrary come out, is it or is it not the case wrt to this specific issue.

Can talk about other promises broken in other threads pertinent.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:34]
Warren Farm not happening on 12:35 - May 6 with 2158 viewsMedwayR

Warren Farm not happening on 12:29 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I may have it wrong but I thought QPR would have been paying 20M to build the WR facility but never own it plus rent on the lease.

I don't know what it would cost to buy this other facility but it won't be cheap.

We'd have paid for the construction of our training facilities plus the community facilities/pitches. There'd have been no lease payments but we'd be responsible for the maintenance of the community facilities/pitches and the provision of sporting activities etc through the community trust.

So basically as far as cost comparison goes it's the upfront purchase & upgrade cost at the new location vs the construction costs & community provisions at WF.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm not happening on 12:37 - May 6 with 2143 viewsNorthernr

One of those where it's probably wise to keep powder dry until the details, price they're paying etc of the alternative site (freehold not leasehold) are publicly revealed.
Warren Farm not happening on 12:38 - May 6 with 2140 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm not happening on 12:20 - May 6 by LythamR

Agreed. Investment in this is outside FFP, so hopefully they will put the funds in to get it done and get the rewards in reduced running costs and an asset on the books.

If it were to be that site or Harlington the project may actually be completed sooner as there's no leveling to be done to the site by importing fill. May also be cheaper with services and access to the site already established.

If you were inclined to believe that they have no intention of sorting out a training ground then I guess you might question whether there is another site at all and whether it will eventually fall through leaving no options. I'm hoping it's the first case.
Warren Farm not happening on 12:41 - May 6 with 2115 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 12:25 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Painfully naiive.

Of course it is

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 12:41 - May 6 with 2091 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 12:35 - May 6 by MedwayR

We'd have paid for the construction of our training facilities plus the community facilities/pitches. There'd have been no lease payments but we'd be responsible for the maintenance of the community facilities/pitches and the provision of sporting activities etc through the community trust.

So basically as far as cost comparison goes it's the upfront purchase & upgrade cost at the new location vs the construction costs & community provisions at WF.

Ok, well we would own this new place and only be answerable to ourselves. win-win if it happens.

Warren Farm not happening on 12:43 - May 6 with 2104 viewsLowerloftLad

If it means ending up owning the new training ground and the freehold then that sounds alot more positive for the club

Actually having a plan b shows the club are in a better state if this was 5 years ago we would be getting shown a photo of tony saying dont worry about it while sticking a shovel into Warren farm

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Warren Farm not happening on 12:48 - May 6 with 2071 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 12:23 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wonder how much the finances of Tune Group and the collapse of the airline industry really played in this (if true)

Yeah the elephant in the room just got bigger.

As Lytham says the line (not from self sufficiency Hoos, mind) was that FFP has been the only barrier to heavy investment.

Inappropriate as it is to say now, in the current climate the longer we can be supported just to hold steady and keep our heads above water the stronger we get. Competitively speaking it's more effective money spent than any big name signing could provide.

Planning for a new training ground in any capacity right now seems almost absurdly lavish - hard to know the real situation.

Ruben G is worth a billion in shipping logistics I suppose...
Warren Farm not happening on 12:52 - May 6 with 2047 viewsBostonR

Warren Farm not happening on 12:23 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Asian markets seem upbeat on Air Asia prospects.
https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/airasia-among-airlines-able-weather-covid
Warren Farm not happening on 12:53 - May 6 with 2044 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 12:33 - May 6 by rsonist

Is or is it not the case that the delaying and failure of this project is wholly down to the prolonged legal opposition against it.

Simple question. No moving goalposts, no giving it large and vague about Tune Group in general and then quiet as church mice when facts to the contrary come out, is it or is it not the case wrt to this specific issue.

Can talk about other promises broken in other threads pertinent.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:34]

Everything about the Tony Fernades & Tune group tenure has been a disaster, everything about them is bullsh1t and lies , this was never going to happen from the get go
Serious question do you think Daniel levy at spurs would have been waiting 7/8 years for this ? Or any other decent owner come to that
Everybody can be as pleased as punch about this , that’s their look out but at the end of the day we have wasted 7/8 years on building something , left behind on new stadiums and the like to clubs like Brentford , Watford, Bournemouth etc we even had 2 premier league spells to show and are now even further behind than when we first started without a pot to p1ss in
These are the worst owners we have ever had bar paladini they have no track record of success and yet we are all supposed to be delighted that we are moving on to new ventures
I don’t believe we will own our own training ground and I don’t believe the LCS will ever happen either

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 12:54 - May 6 with 2033 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 12:53 - May 6 by paulparker

Everything about the Tony Fernades & Tune group tenure has been a disaster, everything about them is bullsh1t and lies , this was never going to happen from the get go
Serious question do you think Daniel levy at spurs would have been waiting 7/8 years for this ? Or any other decent owner come to that
Everybody can be as pleased as punch about this , that’s their look out but at the end of the day we have wasted 7/8 years on building something , left behind on new stadiums and the like to clubs like Brentford , Watford, Bournemouth etc we even had 2 premier league spells to show and are now even further behind than when we first started without a pot to p1ss in
These are the worst owners we have ever had bar paladini they have no track record of success and yet we are all supposed to be delighted that we are moving on to new ventures
I don’t believe we will own our own training ground and I don’t believe the LCS will ever happen either

Answer the question.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:01 - May 6 with 1999 viewsrsonist

"Look at levy at spurs he got what he wanted when people opposed the land for the new stadium"

"Serious question do you think Daniel levy at spurs would have been waiting 7/8 years for this ?"

Warren Farm not happening on 13:02 - May 6 with 1995 viewsrichranger

Warren Farm not happening on 12:37 - May 6 by Northernr

One of those where it's probably wise to keep powder dry until the details, price they're paying etc of the alternative site (freehold not leasehold) are publicly revealed.

Very wise - and makes me wonder whether there is space on this new site for a stadium too?
Warren Farm not happening on 13:10 - May 6 with 1952 viewsdaveB

Warren Farm not happening on 12:53 - May 6 by paulparker

Levy is obviously very good at what he does and wouldn't think anyone if favorably comparing anyone at QPR to him but the new training facilities and new stadium for Spurs took years to go through, he wasted loads of time and money going after the Olympic Stadium for starters.

I'm not going to defend our owners over Old Oak but would wait and see what happens with training ground and any new stadium
Warren Farm not happening on 13:12 - May 6 with 1930 viewsDixie_CT

Although this will be an easy stick to beat the club with the alternative site is a much better option.

I hope the save warren farm posse realise they now have a worse alternative on their hands and Ealing Council will be fully justified at flicking them the ‘V’s

Another step forward in making our club sustainable, viable and flourishing. I still maintain that our royal duck with up finances and running came at an optimum time and was so grandiose that the learning will stand us in great stead. Just don’t lose Lee Hoos!!
Warren Farm not happening on 13:16 - May 6 with 1899 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 12:54 - May 6 by rsonist

Answer the question.

I’ve answered it
Il ask you a question mouthy
What success , promises , inferstructure has this board delivered on in the last 10 years that you believe has bought the club forward ?
If your happy with this lot then more fool you and everyone else who believes them
All I’ve seen the last 10 years is fcuk ups , broken promises , lies , failure , this lot are chancers

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024