Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm not happening 09:47 - May 6 with 43561 viewsqueensparker

According to a story by Dave Mac.

Not really a surprise but gutting nevertheless
Warren Farm not happening on 13:18 - May 6 with 1990 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 13:12 - May 6 by Dixie_CT

Although this will be an easy stick to beat the club with the alternative site is a much better option.

I hope the save warren farm posse realise they now have a worse alternative on their hands and Ealing Council will be fully justified at flicking them the ‘V’s

Another step forward in making our club sustainable, viable and flourishing. I still maintain that our royal duck with up finances and running came at an optimum time and was so grandiose that the learning will stand us in great stead. Just don’t lose Lee Hoos!!

Like most councils, Ealing Council is/will be completely skint.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 13:20 - May 6 with 1993 viewsMatch82

Warren Farm not happening on 12:37 - May 6 by Northernr

One of those where it's probably wise to keep powder dry until the details, price they're paying etc of the alternative site (freehold not leasehold) are publicly revealed.

First day on here is it Clive? Favourite cheese?
Warren Farm not happening on 13:21 - May 6 with 1990 viewsRangersDave

Ok, my views on this....

Obviously i have to say that the longer WF dragged on the less credible , to me, that plan seemed.
It does seem like a victory for the SWF group and i do wonder if we visit the site in 3 years time it will still be in the state its in now?

As for the 'plan b' ? why not just keep your bloody mouth shut until the deal is done? would be my mantra here to the guys behind all this 'alternate site'?

The fact that another site is public knowledge worries me and it wont be long before non disclosure becomes open source, in this day and age.

The other thing that worries me is the word 'lease'. We need to own the ground, not the lease on the ground as in the very long run that is worthless. At least by owning the ground you have something to sell if the wolves are at the door.

I dont really care if they build the new training ground (providing they actually want one and its not paying 'lip service' to the fans) on the bloody moon on on Canvey Island, as long as we have a decent facility that pushes us into a higher bracket with regards to status etc (i think i'm right that a decent training ground gives us more 'rights' to charge more for players or get a bigger fee for the younger up and coming ones?)

Anyway, onwards and upwards.......... or in Rangers case lets play snakes and ladders with more snakes than ladders. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warren Farm not happening on 13:21 - May 6 with 1990 viewsThe_Beast1976

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens on this then. Hoos' statement regarding the talks for the purchase of another ground is certainly positive
Warren Farm not happening on 13:23 - May 6 with 1976 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warren Farm not happening on 13:18 - May 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Like most councils, Ealing Council is/will be completely skint.

Ealing Council posted reserves of £82million at the last statement.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:28 - May 6 with 1954 viewsDixie_CT

Warren Farm not happening on 12:23 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wonder how much the finances of Tune Group and the collapse of the airline industry really played in this (if true)

Not one bit
Warren Farm not happening on 13:29 - May 6 with 1927 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm not happening on 13:23 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

That won't last long.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm not happening on 13:30 - May 6 with 1935 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 13:16 - May 6 by paulparker

I’ve answered it
Il ask you a question mouthy
What success , promises , inferstructure has this board delivered on in the last 10 years that you believe has bought the club forward ?
If your happy with this lot then more fool you and everyone else who believes them
All I’ve seen the last 10 years is fcuk ups , broken promises , lies , failure , this lot are chancers

You haven't answered it. Everyone can see you trying to weasel out of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm not happening on 13:30 - May 6 with 1936 viewsDixie_CT

Warren Farm not happening on 13:23 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Didn’t K & C have £350m in reserves? Reserves!!!! Ffs that is some rainy day, oh wait a minute....
Warren Farm not happening on 13:32 - May 6 with 1917 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warren Farm not happening on 13:30 - May 6 by Dixie_CT

Didn’t K & C have £350m in reserves? Reserves!!!! Ffs that is some rainy day, oh wait a minute....

They still do. And a lot of empty homes.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:34 - May 6 with 1903 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 12:37 - May 6 by Northernr

One of those where it's probably wise to keep powder dry until the details, price they're paying etc of the alternative site (freehold not leasehold) are publicly revealed.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm not happening on 13:37 - May 6 with 1890 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm not happening on 10:11 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Your last line is just speculation, to be fair, 2T2B.

I wouldn't worry, and I'm glad to be out of WF.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “We are in advanced discussions regarding the freehold of another site which we decided to pursue when the opportunity to acquire the site came up.

“In the spirit of the excellent working relationship we have with Ealing Council we have made them aware of the situation and assured them we remain firmly committed to helping them develop the site for community use.

“As there is a non-disclosure agreement in place regarding the other site, no further comment will be made at this time.”

Folks, please learn lessons from this debacle and stop writing off reasonable opinion as mere speculation.

Though I take no pleasure from this turn of events it must be said that a few sensible posters predicted that WF would not happen. We did not need official statements to reach that conclusion, we applied logical reasoning based on WF's chequered 8-and-a-half-year history.

As for the latest announcement, in November 2018 Lee Hoos announced that all legal avenues had been exhausted and construction could begin on WF. We now know how that (and, indeed, other initiatives regarding a potential stadium) panned out so forgive me if I'm a little sceptical of talk of a new site.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:40 - May 6 with 1872 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 13:37 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Folks, please learn lessons from this debacle and stop writing off reasonable opinion as mere speculation.

Though I take no pleasure from this turn of events it must be said that a few sensible posters predicted that WF would not happen. We did not need official statements to reach that conclusion, we applied logical reasoning based on WF's chequered 8-and-a-half-year history.

As for the latest announcement, in November 2018 Lee Hoos announced that all legal avenues had been exhausted and construction could begin on WF. We now know how that (and, indeed, other initiatives regarding a potential stadium) panned out so forgive me if I'm a little sceptical of talk of a new site.

Warren Farm not happening on 13:42 - May 6 with 1852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 13:37 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

"Folks, please learn lessons from this debacle and stop writing off reasonable opinion as mere speculation."

Benny,

Sensible post.

My sole point, though, was simple - of course we can speculate whether we have money left for a training development and/or whether we will in the future but we can't say that it is the "truth" that we don't and won't.

Warren Farm not happening on 13:43 - May 6 with 1840 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm not happening on 12:20 - May 6 by LythamR

it will be interesting to see where this goes. We have been told enough times that the owners wanted to invest but had hands tied by FFP

investment in a new training ground is outside the scope of FFP so i can see the sense in purchasing land for a training ground and owning it rather than leasing, if as some are speculating it is the Concord club land then it may well be a positive result

As you say, investment in infrastructure is not subject to FFP scrutiny so that was never a barrier to developing WF. The lease itself was peppercorn rent; the development of site facilities was where significant money would be spent, all of which would fall outside FFP.
Warren Farm not happening on 13:45 - May 6 with 1830 viewsqpr_1968

looks as if we're stuck with good old loftus road......in a nutshell.

oh, and all the entourage that comes with her.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Warren Farm not happening on 13:48 - May 6 with 1806 viewsessextaxiboy

Warren Farm not happening on 12:33 - May 6 by rsonist

Is or is it not the case that the delaying and failure of this project is wholly down to the prolonged legal opposition against it.

Simple question. No moving goalposts, no giving it large and vague about Tune Group in general and then quiet as church mice when facts to the contrary come out, is it or is it not the case wrt to this specific issue.

Can talk about other promises broken in other threads pertinent.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 12:34]

Okay the simple snswer is yes. The underlying cause though is that the Tune group are unwilling to fund the legal fight any longer even after winng a Supreme Court ruling .The opposition group had one last chance at review and we are giving them a walkover ,presumably waving goodbye to the legal costs incurred to date .
Their tenure has been littered with misjudgement from the disastrous appointment of Phil Beard right through to this shambles . Their only saving grace is that they have stuck with it .They deserve credit for that at least .....IMO
Warren Farm not happening on 13:57 - May 6 with 1758 viewsrsonist

Warren Farm not happening on 13:48 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

Okay the simple snswer is yes. The underlying cause though is that the Tune group are unwilling to fund the legal fight any longer even after winng a Supreme Court ruling .The opposition group had one last chance at review and we are giving them a walkover ,presumably waving goodbye to the legal costs incurred to date .
Their tenure has been littered with misjudgement from the disastrous appointment of Phil Beard right through to this shambles . Their only saving grace is that they have stuck with it .They deserve credit for that at least .....IMO

Ah... sensible posters... applying logical reasoning
Warren Farm not happening on 14:00 - May 6 with 1746 viewsMedwayR

Warren Farm not happening on 13:48 - May 6 by essextaxiboy

I don't think that the legal cases were ever against QPR, they were against Ealing council and I believe in most cases the losing side (SWF) would have had to pay the winning sides legal fees.

However, we'd have committed significant fees to design etc so will be waving goodbye to that. I wonder if we've looked at SWF latest objection and decided that they might actually win it, and therefore it's just not worth the hassle any more. Who knows, time will tell I guess...

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm not happening on 14:02 - May 6 with 1738 viewspaulparker

Warren Farm not happening on 13:30 - May 6 by rsonist

You haven't answered it. Everyone can see you trying to weasel out of it.

The only weasel on here is you

This board has burned any credibility It had many moons ago, the whole thing has been a predictable debacle a bit like OOC and yet the club come out again and say they have something else without it being a 100% confirmed
In 10 years with this lot we have wasted hundreds of millions , suffered 2 relegations, occurred a hefty fa fine , seen OOC blow up in our faces, seen WF turn into a circus despite being given numerous dates of when the work would start and when we would be moving
The club has gone backwards , they are chancers and incompetent I don’t believe anything they say End of

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warren Farm not happening on 14:07 - May 6 with 1716 viewsDixie_CT

Warren Farm not happening on 14:00 - May 6 by MedwayR

I don't think that the legal cases were ever against QPR, they were against Ealing council and I believe in most cases the losing side (SWF) would have had to pay the winning sides legal fees.

However, we'd have committed significant fees to design etc so will be waving goodbye to that. I wonder if we've looked at SWF latest objection and decided that they might actually win it, and therefore it's just not worth the hassle any more. Who knows, time will tell I guess...

How can it be that there is anger at the amount of resource put into this up against, it was never going to happen because it was BS?

Maybe there was some fatigue at the process but another site that the freehold was available for came up which made more sense and will most likely be a smoother process.
Warren Farm not happening on 14:13 - May 6 with 1702 viewsDixie_CT

Warren Farm not happening on 14:02 - May 6 by paulparker

This board has burned any credibility It had many moons ago, the whole thing has been a predictable debacle a bit like OOC and yet the club come out again and say they have something else without it being a 100% confirmed
In 10 years with this lot we have wasted hundreds of millions , suffered 2 relegations, occurred a hefty fa fine , seen OOC blow up in our faces, seen WF turn into a circus despite being given numerous dates of when the work would start and when we would be moving
The club has gone backwards , they are chancers and incompetent I don’t believe anything they say End of

The Old Oak site is a cluster fcuk that was way out of our control! The OPDC are a shambles and have even put in a train terminal the wrong way around and are going to have to move it in a few years!! The chair and chief exec have both quietly been removed.....

Add Car Giant to the mix who I still believe had no idea of building their Masterplan, they just want to stop any compulsory purchase orders and drive up the highest fee possible for the land. When did second hand car dealers start becoming experts at property developer?

One project always overlooked is the housing development that QPR build with Genesis housing. The first project to get planning permission on in the Opportunity Area.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 14:14]
Warren Farm not happening on 14:15 - May 6 with 1693 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm not happening on 13:42 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

"Folks, please learn lessons from this debacle and stop writing off reasonable opinion as mere speculation."

Benny,

Sensible post.

My sole point, though, was simple - of course we can speculate whether we have money left for a training development and/or whether we will in the future but we can't say that it is the "truth" that we don't and won't.

Brian, there are obviously different shades of grey here. Some points could be viewed as mere speculation whilst others are reasonable assessments based on the evidence at our disposal (think detectives or lawyers building a case).

In the case of WF, there was overwhelming evidence to suggest that it wasn't going to happen yet some chose to ignore the evidence, instead focusing on weak defences such as starling mating habits and logistical challenges.

As for future spending, details of the new initiative are yet to emerge so it's unclear how the board propose to finance it and who, ultimately, would own the site. What is clear is that in recent years the club has embarked on a more prudent financial path and the owners have chased projects where financial burden is shared or they have a stake in the end product. Having seen their businesses take a hit in recent times, I don't expect that to change.
Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - May 6 with 1665 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm not happening on 14:15 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

Brian, there are obviously different shades of grey here. Some points could be viewed as mere speculation whilst others are reasonable assessments based on the evidence at our disposal (think detectives or lawyers building a case).

In the case of WF, there was overwhelming evidence to suggest that it wasn't going to happen yet some chose to ignore the evidence, instead focusing on weak defences such as starling mating habits and logistical challenges.

As for future spending, details of the new initiative are yet to emerge so it's unclear how the board propose to finance it and who, ultimately, would own the site. What is clear is that in recent years the club has embarked on a more prudent financial path and the owners have chased projects where financial burden is shared or they have a stake in the end product. Having seen their businesses take a hit in recent times, I don't expect that to change.

Ok, some very fair points, but I stand by my earlier simple point which was, I believe, self-explanatory.

As you say, and as Clive wisely said earlier, our financial future dealings are unclear to us at this point.

Take it easy.

Warren Farm not happening on 14:20 - May 6 with 1666 viewsRussian__Bot

Warren Farm not happening on 14:02 - May 6 by paulparker

Not sure why your so wound up about this mate. Firstly your gripes on the football side, maybe it's time you moved on from past legitimate grievances

When watching Manning curl one in the top corner and then Chair play BOS away to slide in Eze for a classy winner with 10 men away at Preston before this all started I personally was feeling that this was a club learning from the past errors and on the right path. Not sure why you felt differently

And this if you take a step back and chill is actually bloody brilliant news. We are developing on an existing site we already use. But now as it is going to be owned and not a short term lease, we can develop it with no worries about planning issues as it's already a training ground for a club.

The bigger plus in all this, is that it alleviates my concerns that the owners might be tempted to walk away and focus on their core businesses as the world economy crumbles

Cheer up fella!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024