Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 69697 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 22:14 - Jul 7 with 3669 viewsBlackCrowe

BRENTFORD on 21:53 - Jul 7 by qpr_1968

could say the same about Chelsea.

never mind.

Couldn't give a hoot. They mean very little to me, even mildly quite like them.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

BRENTFORD on 22:17 - Jul 7 with 3659 viewsBoston

Never had a problem with Brentford, team or fans. Go up, go down, just go away, we need the points.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

BRENTFORD on 22:43 - Jul 7 with 3591 viewsstevec

Quite like them but it’d be nice to get to see us at their new ground next season.

Used to go down there for night games in the late 70’s, never dreamt they’d spend season after season above us.
BRENTFORD on 23:07 - Jul 7 with 3545 viewsMistication92

Don't really see them as a rival TBH, same with Fulham really, they're both really inoffensive clubs.

Quite like how they operate and their new ground looks nice. Also would love for them to screw Leeds over, everyone can at least get behind that.
BRENTFORD on 23:08 - Jul 7 with 3543 viewsjoe90

Good on Brentford I say. They deserve their succcess. I hope they go up and it overshadows Leeds promotion.

I find the coverage around Leeds and the sense of entitlement some of their fans have insufferable!

They key for us is to focus on each small success we have such as the new training ground, bringing through young players and finishing higher than we did last season on a smaller budget.
BRENTFORD on 23:39 - Jul 7 with 3502 viewsjohncharles

BRENTFORD on 20:43 - Jul 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Don't care.

brentford who ? Not a London team are they

Strong and stable my arse.

BRENTFORD on 23:46 - Jul 7 with 3496 viewsSydneyRs

They are such a well run club and show what can be done without huge amounts of money. I only noticed their goal difference the other day, far and away the best in the division.

If it wasn't for the fact many of their fans are such numpties I'd be wishing them well a bit more.
BRENTFORD on 23:49 - Jul 7 with 3490 viewsSydneyRs

BRENTFORD on 23:08 - Jul 7 by joe90

Good on Brentford I say. They deserve their succcess. I hope they go up and it overshadows Leeds promotion.

I find the coverage around Leeds and the sense of entitlement some of their fans have insufferable!

They key for us is to focus on each small success we have such as the new training ground, bringing through young players and finishing higher than we did last season on a smaller budget.

Its not beyond the realms of fantasy for Brentford to take Leeds' place in the top two putting Leeds into the playoffs with familiar and hilarious results.
Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 00:04 - Jul 8 with 3471 viewsCiderwithRsie

BRENTFORD on 21:46 - Jul 7 by qpr_1968

used to watch Brentford in the 70's, 80's and 90's when it was pay on the door.
think people are getting the wrong end of the stick here.
its their attitude towards us in the last few years that pisses me off.

them and that mug with the mike.

Yeah, I get that. But I'm not going to dignify that by giving them the satisfaction of giving a toss.

They're a well-run club, they deserve promotion based on the last few years, and I'd sooner see them promoted than Leeds or Fulham (sorry Konk). I'd just like to give them a thorough tonking before they do. I'm much, much, more p*ssed off at us rolling over for them twice a year than I am at them going up.
BRENTFORD on 08:02 - Jul 8 with 3317 viewsmcqpr10

Remarkable what they've done. Buy low sell high and re invest. Have kept coming up with better players than the one they've sold. I actually am happy for the 5000 or so diehards who were there in league 2. They deserve their day in the sun. It's the people who support United, Liverpool and Chelsea who now seem to love the bees who seem to be giving it the big one!
BRENTFORD on 08:18 - Jul 8 with 3295 viewsMrSheen

Not me, I have friends who have supported them through thin and thin and I always like going there. And it's six points more points we have a chance of winning next next year.
BRENTFORD on 08:34 - Jul 8 with 3266 viewsRs_Holy

in theory having QPR, fulham and brentford in the same division should have been a real blast.... unfortunately it has been (for the most part) miserable. I really wouldn't be bothered if brentford and fulham got promotion this season... both are way better than us right now.
BRENTFORD on 08:51 - Jul 8 with 3243 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 08:34 - Jul 8 by Rs_Holy

in theory having QPR, fulham and brentford in the same division should have been a real blast.... unfortunately it has been (for the most part) miserable. I really wouldn't be bothered if brentford and fulham got promotion this season... both are way better than us right now.

It has been a blast..... for Brentford mainly and partly for Fulham.

Brentford have taken 6 points off both us and Fulham

Fulham have taken 6 points off us

We’ve taken 0 points

I remember when derbies were something to look forward to as any result could happen.
Now you just know it’s misery and anything more than a defeat is a bonus.
BRENTFORD on 09:19 - Jul 8 with 3169 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 08:02 - Jul 8 by mcqpr10

Remarkable what they've done. Buy low sell high and re invest. Have kept coming up with better players than the one they've sold. I actually am happy for the 5000 or so diehards who were there in league 2. They deserve their day in the sun. It's the people who support United, Liverpool and Chelsea who now seem to love the bees who seem to be giving it the big one!

As one of those 5000 from the days of the old 4 th division these are indeed great times for us but as someone posted on another thread,enjoy your days in the sunshine there’s always dark clouds on the horizon.With the financial implications of the virus to hit home over the coming years transfer fees will certainly be affected and will no have an impact on our model.If we win the next 4 games we could very well be in the PL next season which would be financially great for the club as I can’t see us spending like Fulham and Villa did.The downside is we will attract the usual glory hunter fans who will be alongside while we are getting tanked every week by the likes of Liverpool, United ect.
If it all goes tits up over the coming weeks we will start next season minus a few of our star players in exchange for cash that keeps us comfortable.I will then do what I do every season and look for the 3 worse teams than us and enjoy our 7 th season in the championship which for me is a fantastic achievement.
BRENTFORD on 09:29 - Jul 8 with 3141 viewsdaveB

such a weird time, i think they will make the top 2 now, West Brom are a bit flaky and can see them dropping points, they have Derby and Fulham next but what a weird time for Brentford fans, what should be the greatest moments of their lives, saying goodbye to their stadium with promotion to the top flight will be done at home, it wouldn't diminish the achievement, which is phenomenal from where they were 10 years ago, but it must be disappointing for it to happen like this
BRENTFORD on 09:33 - Jul 8 with 3128 viewsTheChef

BRENTFORD on 21:33 - Jul 7 by Hunterhoop

Much rather Brentford go up than Fulham. They’ve done it the right way, both on and off the pitch. They’ve never been a true rival. And they deserve a day in the sun. Football is cyclical. They might do a Bournemouth but no more.

I’d still find it funny if they bottle it, but absolutely not if Fulham go up instead!

And i’d also find it hilarious if Leeds bottle it. If Brentford to go up, they can go up automatically whilst Fulham and Leeds bottle the play offs. That would be alright.

Likewise I don't mind if they go up - well run club, deserve their opportunity.

Just as long as they come straight back down ;)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BRENTFORD on 09:35 - Jul 8 with 3121 viewsTGRRRSSS

Whatever way you look at it, Benham's really found a way of running a club and done it sensibly and tried to grow the club/business in a sensible businesslike way.

He even looked at parts of the business which he decided weren't going to benefit the club/business and dispensed with them, preferring to try a different route to success which thus far has proved successful on and off the pitch and very lucrative.

The main thing he dispensed with, ditching the youth academy is controversial in some ways but you can absolutely see his point when you look at how many make it from any given academy (or youth team) and then with EPP thrown in making it even less likely as anyone staring to go well may well leave for peanuts as a kid to be hoovered up by bigger fish .

I'd rather develop but to some degree we;ve had success with something similar with Eze for example.

Nevertheless it's a bit annoying yes, we could be looked at as the smalled club in West London soon...
BRENTFORD on 09:59 - Jul 8 with 3081 viewsterryb

Am I jealous of Brentford keep winning? YES, I waish it was us.

Am I pissed off with them? Not at asll. They deserve the sucess that they currently have & play football as it eas intended to be played.

As to annoyed with rtheir fans gloating (I'm not including switchingcode), if social media had been around in the '60's & 70's, it would be Bees fans a bit miffed as we were above then for the first time in history. I'm certain Rangers fans at the time would definitely have let them know!

Brentford still have a long way to go to match what we achieved between 1967 & 1995!
BRENTFORD on 10:15 - Jul 8 with 3047 viewsTacticalR

How Brentford used 'randomness exclusion' to select Benrahma
https://footballbh.net/2019/05/28/brentford-championship-tactical-analysis-stati

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 10:40 - Jul 8 with 3000 viewsTacticalR

Also worth mentioning what the Bees fan told us in the oppo interview in January:

'Our biggest improvement this season has undoubtedly been in defence. Pontus Jansson is a colossus and the sort of captain we have been craving for years. We have conceded 20 goals this season, the fewest in the division, which is a huge improvement on the 60 we conceded last season.'

Class of 2020 could fire Brentford to the big time - Interview 10th Jan 2020 08:24
Brentford fan Tom Deely says an excellent summer of recruitment, big improvements in defence and an October switch of formation have all combined to make the Bees genuine play-off contenders this season. 5

Air hostess clique

BRENTFORD on 10:50 - Jul 8 with 2982 viewsKonk

There are so many clubs owned and mismanaged by chancers, spivs and crooks, that it's always good to see a club run along sensible lines by someone who actually has their club's best interests at heart. So far, you'd have to say that Benham has been near enough perfect as an owner; the club has developed, they turn out good footballing sides, a new ground has been built just around the corner which will allow them to grow, and 17,000 may well be an adequate capacity if they want to avoid having half the ground full of away fans. There's a lot to admire and even though we've been rivals over the years when we've found ourselves in the same division, it would be churlish to deny they deserve a go in the Premier League.

I must be becoming a right soppy cu nt because even after their "flats on the Cottage" song, I feel a bit sad for their fans missing out on the last competitive game at GP and the chance to watch their team get promoted to the top division (if they go up). If Brentford were Orient and didn't bang on about us all the time, I'd wish them all the best and admire what they were doing.

PS. Actually, I've just remembered the Man Utd/Brentford tw at who used to sit behind me at work singing "Bees up, Fulham down" in an effort to wind me up, whilst I just ignored the fu cking goon and never once spoke to him. And if he wasn't singing that he was making no-one in the office laugh, singing that fuc king "What does the fox say?" song. He was a right cu nt. Used to walk round in a suit, shirt and tie, wearing those wrap around sunglasses that Test cricketers and cyclists wear. Other than him though, I've always found Brentford fans on their own to be okay - they just become giddy divs when they get together and they're playing us.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2020 10:54]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

BRENTFORD on 11:46 - Jul 8 with 2902 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 09:59 - Jul 8 by terryb

Am I jealous of Brentford keep winning? YES, I waish it was us.

Am I pissed off with them? Not at asll. They deserve the sucess that they currently have & play football as it eas intended to be played.

As to annoyed with rtheir fans gloating (I'm not including switchingcode), if social media had been around in the '60's & 70's, it would be Bees fans a bit miffed as we were above then for the first time in history. I'm certain Rangers fans at the time would definitely have let them know!

Brentford still have a long way to go to match what we achieved between 1967 & 1995!

As someone who regularly went to Loftus rd in the 60s 70s with rangers mates think there was more pity than bragging from them.The Derby games against Qpr and Fulham have been brilliant ok helped by winning a fair few but still great days out and stand to be corrected but zero trouble between fans.Wont be replicated if we go up by playing the likes of Chelsea Arsenal and Spurs can imagine the Chelsea fans at the new ground doing the billy big bollox.
BRENTFORD on 12:00 - Jul 8 with 2887 viewsMick_S

BRENTFORD on 11:46 - Jul 8 by switchingcode

As someone who regularly went to Loftus rd in the 60s 70s with rangers mates think there was more pity than bragging from them.The Derby games against Qpr and Fulham have been brilliant ok helped by winning a fair few but still great days out and stand to be corrected but zero trouble between fans.Wont be replicated if we go up by playing the likes of Chelsea Arsenal and Spurs can imagine the Chelsea fans at the new ground doing the billy big bollox.

Getting there is so much better than being there. Unless you are Wolves.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

BRENTFORD on 12:19 - Jul 8 with 2843 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 12:00 - Jul 8 by Mick_S

Getting there is so much better than being there. Unless you are Wolves.

As my Fulham mates always tell me,think 1 season before I pop my clogs would suffice.
BRENTFORD on 13:44 - Jul 8 with 2763 viewsterryb

BRENTFORD on 11:46 - Jul 8 by switchingcode

I wouldn't doubt that at all.

If there had been messageboards, twitter, facebook etc. I'm sure you would have seen some gloating though!

Anyhow, I hope you are promoted & give a good account of yourselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024