Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 70752 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 10:16 - Mar 23 with 4337 viewsKonk

BRENTFORD on 11:44 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

Think I’ve posted a couple of times since our (or is it yours as well) cup final defeat.Let me just tell you I’m not an entitled fan and you won’t find anywhere on here where I have posted such.As old fan of 68 years of age and nearly 60 of them as a fan these past 8 seasons have been the golden years so you can throw all the piss takes and bile against my club and it just blows away in the wind.
During this time I have had the privilege to see my team produce or improve over a dozen players to move on to the Premier league that have brought in over 150 million in transfer fees at a cost of a fraction.I have posted even when we were top 2 a few months back that I wasn’t enjoying this season and have no desire to join the lambs to the slaughter PL as that’s what I believe it would be.Next season will be our 9 th in the championship I believe and we have always finished top half which is another fantastic achievement.We are what we are a small club amongst giants with fantastic recent history of success.
We have also managed during this period to move to a new stadium which more than adequate for our supporters and it’s what I’m looking forward to most for next season.There is a lot for me to be proud of and like most level headed supporters I know there is always a kick in the bollox waiting around the corner.The law of averages tells you that our successful recruitment won’t go on for ever and the new Brexit rules halts the prospect of signing a Maupay or Benrahma in future.I also know Matthew Benham won’t be able to fund our club forever and some of the shite that gets posted on social media mainly by young new fans I would have thrown the towel in a while back.
I understand the Bias on a rivals site and this one is very well run and has some excellent posters and get why fans want to post negative stuff about us although I can’t help myself responding when misinformation is posted especially around the time we were building the new stadium.Over this last year it been hell for fans who go home and away and haven’t seen their mates for over a year and this seasons schedule and TV football has come nowhere to soften the hell.
If we don’t go up this season I expect we will lose Toney and others and maybe Thomas Frank who’s been a great coach for us and sure he has caught the attention of many clubs although you lot don’t like him.I could write some equally nasty stuff about Warburton but will refrain a let you find out for yourselves😃Many clubs will start next season with less money and poorer quality squads due to COVID at least we will have if not a stronger squad we will have the finances to survive something we couldn’t say we had not so many years ago when fans where rattling buckets.I think I posted before that this seasons team is a lot weaker than last year and I think we have over achieved.

As a neutral (stand) in all of this, I enjoy getting your views on Brentford. I don't think you go out of your way to wind-up any of the locals - there's the odd little cheeky dig when someone's had a go at Brentford, but you'd have to be an especially sensitive flower to get upset about that sort of thing.

You stick-up for your club, you, and you're rightly proud of the progress you've made in recent years, which seems fair enough to me. In a world full of the wrong people owing clubs for the wrong reasons, you have a lifelong supporter pumping tens of millions in to build you a new ground round the corner, and for the past few years at least, the same owner has pulled off something of a minor miracle in terms of buying players and selling them on at vast profit, whilst also consistently punching above your weight in the league. There's a lot to be proud of, and I'm sure 75%+ of the league would like to be run along similar lines.

Thomas Frank's stuff just makes me chuckle - same with the best footballing side in the world stuff. Just makes it even funnier when you choke in the play-offs.

You have plenty of divs on social media, but then it seems to be that's true of every club.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

BRENTFORD on 10:37 - Mar 23 with 4302 viewsrsonist

BRENTFORD on 14:28 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

There are plenty of our fans who don’t like him sadly and having been in his company a few times I think he’s good person and will be sorry to see him go.Now mentioning Swansea their manager Cooper is a peace of work along with his mouthy bench.

Do you think Frank would go if you don't get promoted? Given you'd have to replace domestically I can't imagine Benham would have much appetite for it.

Not sure even Ismael at Barnsley is hireable for anyone including Prem clubs at this point under current restrictions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9251405/Foreign-bosses-faces-

The regulations are ridiculously restrictive, and punish clubs who are well connected globally and show a willingness to think outside the box,' a source at a Championship club told Sportsmail.
BRENTFORD on 17:34 - Mar 23 with 4183 viewsdenhamhoop2

BRENTFORD on 19:49 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

Maybe Sheff United will be a bit adrift depending on who they get in to replace the excellent Wilder.
Stoke with the resources they have should also be in the mix.

Cannot see Sheffield United pressing for a quick return without Wilder look through their team and how many would you want at Brentford ? Ramsdale maybe Stevens if Henry goes obviously Fleck possibly not sure I would rush to sign Brewster or McBurnie especially on their wages
BRENTFORD on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 4029 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 10:37 - Mar 23 by rsonist

Do you think Frank would go if you don't get promoted? Given you'd have to replace domestically I can't imagine Benham would have much appetite for it.

Not sure even Ismael at Barnsley is hireable for anyone including Prem clubs at this point under current restrictions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9251405/Foreign-bosses-faces-

The regulations are ridiculously restrictive, and punish clubs who are well connected globally and show a willingness to think outside the box,' a source at a Championship club told Sportsmail.

Yes I do,and would expect a current British manager to replace him.Even if we did get promoted I think he will get offers that will be too good to turn down and what ever his decision he will go with my best wishes he’s a top bloke and been brilliant for my club.
BRENTFORD on 21:36 - Mar 23 with 4021 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 17:34 - Mar 23 by denhamhoop2

Cannot see Sheffield United pressing for a quick return without Wilder look through their team and how many would you want at Brentford ? Ramsdale maybe Stevens if Henry goes obviously Fleck possibly not sure I would rush to sign Brewster or McBurnie especially on their wages

Don’t rate McBurnie never have and Brewster was another over hyped Liverpool loanee unreal they paid around 40 mill for these two.
BRENTFORD on 16:14 - Mar 24 with 3842 viewsdenhamhoop2

BRENTFORD on 21:36 - Mar 23 by switchingcode

Don’t rate McBurnie never have and Brewster was another over hyped Liverpool loanee unreal they paid around 40 mill for these two.

Not the only one Dykes is better than McBurnie somehow scored 20 goals in a season at Swansea and became a 20 million player he is the modern day Mike Sheron. Still think the best striker at Sheffield United is Billy Sharp as for Brewster not sure when people are going to realise just because you were coached at Liverpool means you are the new Michael Owen/Steven Gerrard is just not the case. Still surprised they let Ejaria go as I think he is better than Jones who starts for them
BRENTFORD on 16:39 - Mar 24 with 3764 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 16:14 - Mar 24 by denhamhoop2

Not the only one Dykes is better than McBurnie somehow scored 20 goals in a season at Swansea and became a 20 million player he is the modern day Mike Sheron. Still think the best striker at Sheffield United is Billy Sharp as for Brewster not sure when people are going to realise just because you were coached at Liverpool means you are the new Michael Owen/Steven Gerrard is just not the case. Still surprised they let Ejaria go as I think he is better than Jones who starts for them

Really rated Ejaria when he was on loan to Reading and thought he was destined for Liverpool’s first team squad.Surprised they were able to get him permanently.
BRENTFORD on 16:46 - Mar 24 with 3763 viewsbosh67

BRENTFORD on 16:39 - Mar 24 by switchingcode

Really rated Ejaria when he was on loan to Reading and thought he was destined for Liverpool’s first team squad.Surprised they were able to get him permanently.

Ejaria is some player. Eze like. Shame we didn't get him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 14:36 - Apr 3 with 3431 viewsDWQPR

Another two points dropped although they did hit the inside of the post and the Huddersfield goal was down to a defensive error, so surely that means it was actually in their minds a 2-0 victory?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

BRENTFORD on 14:50 - Apr 3 with 3359 viewsdanehoop

I think we can still technically overhaul them by the end of the season points wise....

Never knowingly understood

BRENTFORD on 17:41 - Apr 3 with 3161 viewslondonscottish

BRENTFORD on 21:36 - Mar 23 by switchingcode

I watch McBurnie play for Scotland and am astonished at his valuation. Doesn't make any sense.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

BRENTFORD on 18:21 - Apr 3 with 3059 viewsEsox_Lucius

BRENTFORD on 17:41 - Apr 3 by londonscottish

I watch McBurnie play for Scotland and am astonished at his valuation. Doesn't make any sense.

The Scottish Conor Washington?

The grass is always greener.

BRENTFORD on 09:16 - Apr 4 with 2832 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 14:36 - Apr 3 by DWQPR

Another two points dropped although they did hit the inside of the post and the Huddersfield goal was down to a defensive error, so surely that means it was actually in their minds a 2-0 victory?

Yeh I think that means it's essentially 3-1 and should be counted as such.

A fun story in two parts

"I felt bad in the way we conceded the goal but football is sometimes like that. I don’t think that was a mistake. That was my position I was in all season. If it wasn’t going to be that day, it’d be another. Even the gaffer, afterwards, said to me ‘next season I want you even higher’. That’s the assurance I needed at the time."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/david-raya-intervie

BRENTFORD on 09:24 - Apr 4 with 2797 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

BRENTFORD on 09:16 - Apr 4 by Northernr

A fun story in two parts

"I felt bad in the way we conceded the goal but football is sometimes like that. I don’t think that was a mistake. That was my position I was in all season. If it wasn’t going to be that day, it’d be another. Even the gaffer, afterwards, said to me ‘next season I want you even higher’. That’s the assurance I needed at the time."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/david-raya-intervie

What’s that goal celebration supposed to be? 🧐

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BRENTFORD on 09:49 - Apr 4 with 2694 viewsdenhamhoop2

BRENTFORD on 09:16 - Apr 4 by Northernr

A fun story in two parts

Another win for the Justice League Leaders from Hounslow not sure how exactly they are 3rd Actual Table Norwich 84 Watford 78 Brentford 69 Swansea 69 as T Frank sees it Brentford 114 Norwich 80 Watford 77 Swansea 67 the open top 65 Bus Route Parade will be tomorrow to celebrate their winning the title
BRENTFORD on 10:42 - Apr 4 with 2565 viewsdistortR

BRENTFORD on 09:24 - Apr 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

What’s that goal celebration supposed to be? 🧐

it was national constipation day. He was demonstrating a technique to help with this chronic problem that affects so many.
BRENTFORD on 20:12 - Apr 4 with 2412 viewsNorthernr

BRENTFORD on 20:15 - Apr 4 with 2404 viewsdistortR

BRENTFORD on 20:12 - Apr 4 by Northernr

BRENTFORD on 22:43 - Dec 29 with 1783 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brentford played the Stone Roses at home to Man City today 😆
BRENTFORD on 09:39 - Dec 30 with 1470 viewsSK_hoops

BRENTFORD on 22:43 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did Thomas Frank do a lap of honour to 'I am the resurrection'?
BRENTFORD on 10:12 - Dec 30 with 1366 viewsDWQPR

BRENTFORD on 22:43 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

They played more like stone roses. 10 behind the ball for about 85 minutes. Was one of the most boring games I’ve seen this season. So bad in fact I wished I’d stayed watching Brighton give the filth a footballing lesson.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

BRENTFORD on 13:53 - Dec 30 with 1172 viewsPunteR

Stone Rosey cnts!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024