Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 16:05 - Sep 5 with 4653 viewsDubaiR

I like Warbs and he was the one I wanted long before we got him.

But the we need to be more ruthless gets trotted out after almost every game.

Either fix the issue during the week or stop signing powderpuff players.

Just wearing abit thin now
No subject on 16:14 - Sep 5 with 4027 viewsNov77

don't click on link if you have high blood pressure!

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-mark-warburton-plymouth-missed-chances

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

No subject on 16:18 - Sep 5 with 4002 viewsNov77

and from the Offish:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/warburton-we-need-to-be-more-ruthless/

this might be one of my all time favourite quotes:

"Joe Lumley hasn't had a save to make but he has had to pick the ball out of the net three times"

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

No subject on 16:22 - Sep 5 with 3962 viewsqpr_1968

it seems to me warbs wants us to score 3 or 4 every game, because we do score, but let in more.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

No subject on 16:23 - Sep 5 with 3948 viewsdavman

Agree.

As I said elsewhere, there isn't anyone in our squad who is regularly scoring 15 goals a season. They do not develop the ability to stick the ball away overnight; some may never have it. At least three crosses came into the box begging for someone to gamble and throw themselves in there, but everyone's natural tendency is to hang back waiting for a pull back.

So...

Either train those midfielders to gamble in the 6 yard box or train the wide players to get to the line and then pull it back.

I know good strikers cost money we can't spend, but it is so, so frustrating seeing the pretty set up work only to see no-one in there where they need to be.

...and FFS, how you can defend our defensive record is way beyond me. 70+ goals conceded again this season methinks...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

No subject on 16:26 - Sep 5 with 3930 viewsstevec

No subject on 16:14 - Sep 5 by Nov77

don't click on link if you have high blood pressure!

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-mark-warburton-plymouth-missed-chances

I’d be interested to know exactly how many goals he expects us to score away from home to get a result.

He did a great job with the attacking side last season, starting to wonder if he knows his Achilles heel and bluffs his way along until he finally gets called out on it.
No subject on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 3917 viewsted_hendrix

Forgive me for feeling a bit *sigh* but aren't his quotes the same as last season but just juggled around a bit?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No subject on 16:37 - Sep 5 with 3873 views2Thomas2Bowles

No subject on 16:29 - Sep 5 by ted_hendrix

Forgive me for feeling a bit *sigh* but aren't his quotes the same as last season but just juggled around a bit?

Yep
Stale and smelly as last weeks wash left in the machine going around on a dry spin

But we know how upset he gets at any criticism so watch it or he will have ya

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

No subject on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 3855 viewsBostonR

Just a little deluded - me thinks. His team has been shipping goals consistently since he walked in the door and he comes out with that tosh!
Don’t take us for fools Mr Warburton and how about focusing on defensive work. Could have set the team up today do not concede as a starter. No, we get the usual three goals conceded away from home-again.
Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 16:47 - Sep 5 with 3809 views2Thomas2Bowles

He did mention on the OS mistakes as the back cost us, I suppose that's a first.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

No subject on 16:55 - Sep 5 with 3755 viewspaulparker

Hold on Warbs got an A+ for last season, that what I heard on the open all R’s podcast , we had magical campaign last year no need for a defence

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No subject on 17:07 - Sep 5 with 3703 viewsQPR_John

Just to add a little perspective

Birmingham 0 - 1 Cambridge Utd
Newport 2 - 0 Swansea
Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff
No subject on 17:11 - Sep 5 with 3683 viewsMatch82

No subject on 16:55 - Sep 5 by paulparker

Hold on Warbs got an A+ for last season, that what I heard on the open all R’s podcast , we had magical campaign last year no need for a defence

Literally nobody said this.
No subject on 17:34 - Sep 5 with 3605 viewspaulparker

No subject on 17:11 - Sep 5 by Match82

Literally nobody said this.

Check the end of season podcast ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No subject on 17:45 - Sep 5 with 3565 viewsNov77

No subject on 19:16 - Sep 5 with 3458 viewsMatch82

No subject on 17:34 - Sep 5 by paulparker

Check the end of season podcast ,

Pretty much everyone said A for what he brought from an attacking perspective and all dinged him a little or a lot because of the defence.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with your take here, we clearly overachieved going forward last year and underachieved defensively. I haven't seen anyone, on any platform, say that warburton has done a good job defensively, just that how we played and attacked was enough to offset those problems.

Going to be a test this year with Eze gone to see if we can continue to create enough to cover for that defensive ineptitude. I personally think there's a worthwhile trade-off if we sacrifice super-aggressive full backs for somebody a little better defensively
No subject on 19:38 - Sep 5 with 3376 viewsBoston

Is this the official, non official or just the simple spackman we’re going down after one game match thread?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

No subject on 00:23 - Sep 6 with 3105 viewsbosh67

I like Warbs and believe he is the longterm future for the club but... A fool makes the same mistake over and over again and never learns. He has to prove he isn't a fool and look at a way to make us much harder to score against rather than a fairly beautiful but blind plan to simply out attack opponents.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

No subject on 00:33 - Sep 6 with 3085 viewsozexile

Time to end the Lumley experiment I reckon.
No subject on 02:28 - Sep 6 with 2998 viewstimcocking

No subject on 16:18 - Sep 5 by Nov77

and from the Offish:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/warburton-we-need-to-be-more-ruthless/

this might be one of my all time favourite quotes:

"Joe Lumley hasn't had a save to make but he has had to pick the ball out of the net three times"

lmao

and it was four times, plus one on the post. Not sure he's got the reaction speed. He never even moved.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 3:20]
No subject on 06:32 - Sep 6 with 2919 viewsstowmarketrange

No subject on 16:23 - Sep 5 by davman

Agree.

As I said elsewhere, there isn't anyone in our squad who is regularly scoring 15 goals a season. They do not develop the ability to stick the ball away overnight; some may never have it. At least three crosses came into the box begging for someone to gamble and throw themselves in there, but everyone's natural tendency is to hang back waiting for a pull back.

So...

Either train those midfielders to gamble in the 6 yard box or train the wide players to get to the line and then pull it back.

I know good strikers cost money we can't spend, but it is so, so frustrating seeing the pretty set up work only to see no-one in there where they need to be.

...and FFS, how you can defend our defensive record is way beyond me. 70+ goals conceded again this season methinks...

Why can’t we spend a fair chunk of the money we got for Eze to improve the squad in the areas that need improvement?I know that £4 million is add ons,but surely the £16 million upfront fee can be reinvested wisely to plug the gaps.
How much does a decent defensive coach to hire?
No subject on 07:10 - Sep 6 with 2888 viewsdolcelatte

No subject on 06:32 - Sep 6 by stowmarketrange

Why can’t we spend a fair chunk of the money we got for Eze to improve the squad in the areas that need improvement?I know that £4 million is add ons,but surely the £16 million upfront fee can be reinvested wisely to plug the gaps.
How much does a decent defensive coach to hire?

Having no income for several months this year and reduced income for the foreseeable future will mean that much of the Eze money will pay for running costs.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

No subject on 07:54 - Sep 6 with 2822 viewsJigsore

the hardest man alive won't help when they just float a ball into a channel behind either full back

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

No subject on 08:30 - Sep 6 with 2758 viewswood_hoop

To me there is a lack of confidence clearly on show, whether that is the defensive tactics or misunderstanding amongst the players not easy to quite put my finger on it,

We do need a bit of 'steel' in the team, a few results being ground out rather than a feast of goals may not be top of your list but points win the prizes not pretty passing from one end of the pitch to the other.

I like Warbs, doing a fine job in many ways, but this defensive achiles heel must be put to
an end very soon or the good work he has done will soon be forgotten, not expecting anthing spectacular but basic 'Row Z' defending at times is not a hangable offence.
No subject on 09:47 - Sep 6 with 2641 viewsLoftgirl

Why does he keep looking over his shoulder? Can he see Gareth Ainsworth off camera?
No subject on 09:52 - Sep 7 with 2399 viewsfrancisbowles

No subject on 17:07 - Sep 5 by QPR_John

Just to add a little perspective

Birmingham 0 - 1 Cambridge Utd
Newport 2 - 0 Swansea
Northampton 3 - 0 Cardiff

Not to mention

Rotherham losing to Salford (on pens)

Forest and Norwich losing

Huddersfield 0 Rochdale 1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024