Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager 15:39 - Nov 22 with 3341 viewsT_Block

Should be congratulated.He and the team did well yesterday.
Knackered forward, your only really strong central defender out against a physical side, your main defensive mid out for the season
As fans we know a couple of loses and the doom -mongers will dominate on forums like this
However most fans I I know think he is doing a very good job under difficult circumstances.
Just a message of support for him really.
Manager on 15:45 - Nov 22 with 2145 viewsNorthantsHoop

Totally agree with you, Warburton and his team are doing a great job.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 15:46]
Manager on 15:52 - Nov 22 with 2087 views2Thomas2Bowles

You'll never make a fisherman

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Manager on 16:14 - Nov 22 with 2043 viewsstevec

Will withhold congratulations until numbers are higher in the win column than the losing column.

Admittedly, this’ll be the sixth consecutive season no manager has achieved that but, in this League, in this year of all years, 18th is nothing to celebrate.
Manager on 16:28 - Nov 22 with 1990 viewsBoston

It was a positive step in the right direction, but to advance you have to perform that function repeatedly.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manager on 16:48 - Nov 22 with 1947 viewsT_Block

Please just be realistic.Trouble with you lot is that what ever this management team do it will never be enough.
Avoiding relegation with this squad will be a success.So unless one of you is a multi-millionaire willing to buy the clubb and spend millions ,you are just going to have to get used to buying young and cheap and if we are very very lucky selling the odd player for big money.

To remind you we have the third lowest costs in the league.

We are losing 1-2 million a month.

Not the managers fault is all I am saying.

Yesterdays result is a minor miracle.If you cannot support a team in that position.ok go and support someone else, fine.But if we lose realise we cannot buy new players only young players who grow.
Players and supporters alike have to accept that.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 16:50]
Manager on 16:51 - Nov 22 with 1927 viewsted_hendrix

He's doing okay nothing more nothing less.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Manager on 16:56 - Nov 22 with 1895 viewsPinnerPaul

Manager on 16:14 - Nov 22 by stevec

Will withhold congratulations until numbers are higher in the win column than the losing column.

Admittedly, this’ll be the sixth consecutive season no manager has achieved that but, in this League, in this year of all years, 18th is nothing to celebrate.

You mean 16th don't you?
Manager on 17:00 - Nov 22 with 1879 viewsBoston

Manager on 16:48 - Nov 22 by T_Block

Please just be realistic.Trouble with you lot is that what ever this management team do it will never be enough.
Avoiding relegation with this squad will be a success.So unless one of you is a multi-millionaire willing to buy the clubb and spend millions ,you are just going to have to get used to buying young and cheap and if we are very very lucky selling the odd player for big money.

Yesterdays result is a minor miracle.If you cannot support a team in that position.ok go and support someone else, fine.But if we lose realise we cannot buy new players only young players who grow.

This is a generally positive board.

This is a generally realistic board.

We have a decent squad, wherever, whenever and however they appeared.

Relegation shouldn't even enter our minds, there are far worse than us.

Login to get fewer ads

Manager on 17:33 - Nov 22 with 1765 viewsnix

Manager on 16:48 - Nov 22 by T_Block

I think we've seen enough over the last few matches to see what he's trying to do. They particularly yesterday tried to move the ball quicker and there were a couple of lovely passing moves near their box. We're looking better at the back overall too.

The holy grail is to be more consistently good over entire matches and across several matches. That's more elusive and I think that's to be expected given the number of new players and younger players that have been drafted in.

We've got 7 points in the last five matches which is an improvement on the previous five and is a solid top half performance across the season.

After sitting through Coventry Birmingham on Friday (yeah, I know...), I'm glad we're trying to do things Warbsball-style...
Manager on 17:39 - Nov 22 with 1736 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Changing manager just isn’t a option really, and not just because I think he’s doing a decent job and the club is moving in the right direction.

Sacking a manager is fcking expensive.
Manager on 18:13 - Nov 22 with 1646 viewsGloucs_R

He's out of contract in summer.

Finishing 16th or below would be a poor season in my opinion. We've got a mid table budget now I suspect.

He's doing ok but I can't say I'm a big fan. Very 'meh' at the minute.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Manager on 18:28 - Nov 22 with 1591 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager on 18:13 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

Finishing 16th or below would be a poor season in my opinion. We've got a mid table budget now I suspect.

Who else you got in mind if we finish 17th?
Manager on 18:32 - Nov 22 with 1572 viewsBoston

Manager on 18:28 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

The bloke who finished 16th of course!

Manager on 18:37 - Nov 22 with 1560 viewsGloucs_R

Manager on 18:28 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't know to be honest, not at this stage.

Maybe Bowyer and his back room team, including Gallen.

Possibly Pearson, think he's underrated and could do a decent job.

Houghton would have been my preferred option before he went to Forest.

I think it's more than just a manager we need.

But I've no idea what budget we'd have for next season and who we could attract.

Maybe MW is the man but needs a better coaching team around him. Id love to see Clint Hill here as an assistant manager.

Manager on 18:45 - Nov 22 with 1514 viewsdigswellhoop

the posts on here are an opinion if I posted some of the replies that are on here I'd get slaughtered
Manager on 21:04 - Nov 22 with 1331 viewsMalintabuk

Like a lot on here I'm still not decided on Warbs.
Think like a lot of managers they have a conceived way of playing and stick with it come what may
I'm not convinced why he thinks Chair is better wide left than centre. I was a bit critical of Chair but no I just have sympathy for him
I can't understand why Willock is not starting surely he must be match fit by now
I think Warbs gets a pretty easy ride to be honest
Manager on 21:28 - Nov 22 with 1286 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager on 18:37 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

I don't know to be honest, not at this stage.

Maybe Bowyer and his back room team, including Gallen.

Possibly Pearson, think he's underrated and could do a decent job.

Houghton would have been my preferred option before he went to Forest.

I think it's more than just a manager we need.

But I've no idea what budget we'd have for next season and who we could attract.

Maybe MW is the man but needs a better coaching team around him. Id love to see Clint Hill here as an assistant manager.

I dunno mate, all of those suggestions will be either expensive, risky, or out of our league.

The only thing we haven’t tried is an extensive five year run at the job and a period of stability.
Manager on 22:02 - Nov 22 with 1233 viewsnix

Manager on 21:28 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I dunno mate, all of those suggestions will be either expensive, risky, or out of our league.

The only thing we haven’t tried is an extensive five year run at the job and a period of stability.

Absolutely this. Since Leicester, Pearson has hardly stayed in a job for more than five minutes. And Hughton plays negative football; I don't want to go back to the grim Hassalbaink days, just so we can finish 10th instead of 15th.
Manager on 22:06 - Nov 22 with 1225 viewsdavman

Manager on 18:13 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

Is he really? That passed me by...

Should he ostracise himself from the first team if he is in the final year of his contract?

He'll be able to go for nothing in the summer; how can a little club like QPR let that happen...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manager on 22:28 - Nov 22 with 1182 viewsGloucs_R

Manager on 22:06 - Nov 22 by davman

Is he really? That passed me by...

Should he ostracise himself from the first team if he is in the final year of his contract?

He'll be able to go for nothing in the summer; how can a little club like QPR let that happen...

Pretty sure he only signed a two year deal.

Bazz.... As I said, I'm really not sure. Playing nice football but not progressing in terms of results or league position.

I think the board need to have a clear strategy, whether they want to tell us what that is is another story.

Manager on 22:37 - Nov 22 with 1168 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manager on 21:04 - Nov 22 by Malintabuk

Like a lot on here I'm still not decided on Warbs.
Think like a lot of managers they have a conceived way of playing and stick with it come what may
I'm not convinced why he thinks Chair is better wide left than centre. I was a bit critical of Chair but no I just have sympathy for him
I can't understand why Willock is not starting surely he must be match fit by now
I think Warbs gets a pretty easy ride to be honest

Always makes me laugh, this 'easy ride' stuff.
Like we should all be beating down the club's door at every defeat (well, some do, metaphorically).
I think he probably wants to play Chair at 10 when all are fully fit - last season he always played him there or s second striker, but he's trying to work out how to compensate for the loss of Eze.
It's pointless complaining about team selection for any team this season. We're about to play 12 games in 6 weeks or something - everyone is going to get starts here and there. I bet people went mental about the selection yesterday.
Worked though.
Chair's played 3 or 4 very decent games in a row now. I'm gld you now just feel sorry for him.

Bare bones.

Manager on 23:12 - Nov 22 with 1123 viewsnix

Manager on 22:28 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

Bazz.... As I said, I'm really not sure. Playing nice football but not progressing in terms of results or league position.

I think the board need to have a clear strategy, whether they want to tell us what that is is another story.

I think they've been really clear on their medium/long term strategy: massively reducing our wage bill to avoid further FFP breaches and stop us haemorrhaging money after losing parachute payments, which explains why we haven't improved our league position over the last three years; picking up younger players with potential for sell on fees and/or moving us higher in the league over time; making the club more sustainable financially, so we can invest in a training facility and new ground to secure our long term future.

Every time you change managers, it costs money we don't have, as they all want to bring in their own back room staff. Then, there are some players they don't like, so they get frozen out. They also want to bring their own players in. All of which means money wasted, no continuity and at least some disaffected players.

I agree with Bazz, let's try and stay with a manager for at least two years. That's how you build some kind of sustainable future.
Manager on 23:24 - Nov 22 with 1100 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manager on 22:28 - Nov 22 by Gloucs_R

On that last point I agree, and I think they do.

Buy young, develop, sell high, re invest. I think they’ve done that well too. Wallace, Carroll, and Adamoh aside.

They are also creating a conveyor belt effect. Freeman and Eze, have netted us £25m (?) and we still have Chair. I’m sure Dickie and Dykes will both go for a lot more than they came for.

Also, we finished 13th last season. Wasn’t that our highest finish since our last relegation? I may be wrong about that. Beat Rotherham and we could be 11th. This is the Championship. The margins are very narrow.

Bottom line for me is stability even if it is just for stability sake. And in x amount of years if we’ve stalled again, we will look more attractive to manager as a club that sees things through and doesn’t knee jerk at first sign of a slump.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 23:30]
Manager on 23:48 - Nov 22 with 1065 viewsgigiisourgod

The club should do everything in our power to get him signed up to another 3 year deal. Think he is doing a brilliant job for us.
Manager on 08:18 - Nov 23 with 941 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manager on 22:37 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Always makes me laugh, this 'easy ride' stuff.
Like we should all be beating down the club's door at every defeat (well, some do, metaphorically).
I think he probably wants to play Chair at 10 when all are fully fit - last season he always played him there or s second striker, but he's trying to work out how to compensate for the loss of Eze.
It's pointless complaining about team selection for any team this season. We're about to play 12 games in 6 weeks or something - everyone is going to get starts here and there. I bet people went mental about the selection yesterday.
Worked though.
Chair's played 3 or 4 very decent games in a row now. I'm gld you now just feel sorry for him.

"I bet people went mental about the selection yesterday.
Worked though."

Some of it did, Antti, and I would say some didn't.

Wallace over Niko - fitness-related, so good call.
Bonne over Dykes - ditto.
Albert on for BOS - ditto.
LTC at CDM - worked a treat, that's clearly his best position.
Chair at 11 - nope, but not sure if Willock has 90 in him.
Cameron at CDM instead of Ball - I would prefer Ball and LTC but a reasonable call either way.
Ball at 10 - nope, I don't see it at all. The question is whether Watford would have caused us more problems if we didn't play an out-and-out forward presser. Based on what happened after Ball was subbed, I think that question remains unanswered.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024