Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slaven Bilic 03:15 - Dec 16 with 4905 viewsthairanger

Good manager would fit in feel we are going no where slowly.Also can see Dykes being the new Lumely has done FA don't rate him.There are better options
Slaven Bilic on 07:54 - Dec 16 with 3511 viewsdanehoop

I like Bilic, but not sure that a. we could afford him b. we could afford the Warburton pay off c. that it will make much difference with the players that we have.

On Dykes, he clearly is a good player and his impact in Scotland and at international level clearly shows that. I think though the injuries that he picked up on international duty and step up to a gruelling fixture list have hit him harder than we anticipated. He is also trying to adapt to a new country, new club, generally higher standard of football (and defenders) and much higher set of expectations than he may previously have had to deal with. Also not convinced that we have necessarily played to his strengths at times.

Ultimately he is our big investment and will come good. Maybe a need to give him a few games out to freshen him up, perhaps let Keller have a go to change things up a bit.

Never knowingly understood

Slaven Bilic on 09:10 - Dec 16 with 3359 viewsdm97

To steal one of LFWs trademarks; Bilic won’t shag you mate
Slaven Bilic on 09:13 - Dec 16 with 3345 viewsSydneyRs

WBA looking to sack Bilic after he got them promoted and just got a point at Man City is peak modern football. They are only even there because Brentford bottled it ffs.

Just why he would want to come to skint QPR is an interesting question.

I too feel Dykes will come good and I hope its here and not elsewhere after we've let him go for peanuts because our fans have no patience.
Slaven Bilic on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 3287 viewsbosh67

Slaven Bilic on 09:13 - Dec 16 by SydneyRs

WBA looking to sack Bilic after he got them promoted and just got a point at Man City is peak modern football. They are only even there because Brentford bottled it ffs.

Just why he would want to come to skint QPR is an interesting question.

I too feel Dykes will come good and I hope its here and not elsewhere after we've let him go for peanuts because our fans have no patience.

I agree. We've heard Howe and Billic banded about to replaces Warbs. Thankfully I don't think the board hang on the every word of the fan boards or fans.

As you say we couldn't afford either. People need to remember that Warburton is not here for the money. He's a very wealthy man. He doesn't need the money. He's here because he loves football and he wants to build something.

What people don't get is that sometimes to build something sustainable you have to knock it down first. Most of the team on higher wages, who all kept us comfortably in this division have had to go so there's an actuall, club left. We can blame whoever we want but that's not Warbs fault. He's here to try and build something out the ashes. And this is a phoenix job rather than just some bloke managing a team.

He's got over half a squad that has never played at this level or has little to no experience at it. I agree that he needs to change the style of play to adapt to what this set of players can and can't do, hence me banging on about 2 up front etc but I honestly don't understand how some of the fanbase think we can just chop and change now and what the real advantage is.

The aim is to stay up with this squad and get it to a level it can compete and push on. I hear people saying yeah but we spent £8m from the Eze sale on a group of players. Firstly we didn't spend that much and secondly Tony went to Brentford for £5m and decent wages and we simply can't compete. We spent money and didn't spend money on players we could afford and who, given a chance and time can develop. That's it. We are what we are now.

If we take the drop I would hope this set of players and staff would return them to the Championship straight away and push on. Obviously that is a last resort but we really need to get behind this lot for this season and make sure we stay up and then push on.

I like Billic and under other financial circumstances I would love to see him here at some stage but Warburton, despite some decisions is still very much the only man for the job on a number of levels.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Slaven Bilic on 09:33 - Dec 16 with 3277 viewscorse

Bilic is still westbum manager and wouldnt touch us with a barge pole and what comes to dykes is that If he dont hit it here and start to flourish
somewhere else if sold for peanuts then it might rise the question was he properly coached and managed while he was here.
Slaven Bilic on 09:57 - Dec 16 with 3211 viewsbosh67

Slaven Bilic on 09:33 - Dec 16 by corse

Bilic is still westbum manager and wouldnt touch us with a barge pole and what comes to dykes is that If he dont hit it here and start to flourish
somewhere else if sold for peanuts then it might rise the question was he properly coached and managed while he was here.

For me Dykes is more of a Zamora type striker. He's not an Austin one. 185 games and 41 goals, less than 1 in 4 games so far career wise. Bonne 255 games and 79 goals, 1 in just over 3 games. Both I feel they need to either play alongside each other or alongside Kelman who is an unknown quantity but again hasn't as yet been prolific. People shouting at Dykes and Bonne need to remember Wells didn't exactly set the world alight here in his first stint. 40 games and 7 goals but in his second short season here 13 in 26.

It's about giving them time and we didn't have the money to get more experienced players in having missed out on Wells, Hugill and Moore. Cardiff were able to offer Moore better wages.

Our strikers need time and they need to form partnerships. Bonne specifically came here to form a partnership with Dykes but we are playing a lone striker so we fill the midfield but these strikers simply are being put under too much pressure to perform on their own up top.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 9:58]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Slaven Bilic on 10:03 - Dec 16 with 3174 viewsTheChef

Slaven Bilic on 09:30 - Dec 16 by bosh67

I agree. We've heard Howe and Billic banded about to replaces Warbs. Thankfully I don't think the board hang on the every word of the fan boards or fans.

As you say we couldn't afford either. People need to remember that Warburton is not here for the money. He's a very wealthy man. He doesn't need the money. He's here because he loves football and he wants to build something.

What people don't get is that sometimes to build something sustainable you have to knock it down first. Most of the team on higher wages, who all kept us comfortably in this division have had to go so there's an actuall, club left. We can blame whoever we want but that's not Warbs fault. He's here to try and build something out the ashes. And this is a phoenix job rather than just some bloke managing a team.

He's got over half a squad that has never played at this level or has little to no experience at it. I agree that he needs to change the style of play to adapt to what this set of players can and can't do, hence me banging on about 2 up front etc but I honestly don't understand how some of the fanbase think we can just chop and change now and what the real advantage is.

The aim is to stay up with this squad and get it to a level it can compete and push on. I hear people saying yeah but we spent £8m from the Eze sale on a group of players. Firstly we didn't spend that much and secondly Tony went to Brentford for £5m and decent wages and we simply can't compete. We spent money and didn't spend money on players we could afford and who, given a chance and time can develop. That's it. We are what we are now.

If we take the drop I would hope this set of players and staff would return them to the Championship straight away and push on. Obviously that is a last resort but we really need to get behind this lot for this season and make sure we stay up and then push on.

I like Billic and under other financial circumstances I would love to see him here at some stage but Warburton, despite some decisions is still very much the only man for the job on a number of levels.

Spot on.

It's painful, it's not going to happen overnight, but we'll get there in the end.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Slaven Bilic on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 3172 viewsjoe90

There might be a parallel universe where Salven Bilic would consider managing QPR but in the real world that's not going to happen.

The reality we have to accept as fans is that we are not an attractive proposition.
Login to get fewer ads

Slaven Bilic on 11:53 - Dec 16 with 3042 viewskensalriser

If there's still a hole in your arse then Bilic won't be coming to QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slaven Bilic on 12:08 - Dec 16 with 2975 viewsMelakaRanger

Yes indeed. I believe that this manager and the nucleus of this team will come good but its a couple of seasons away yet.

If we drop then so be it. Renew Warbs on either another 2 yrs deal or a 1 year rolling and replace a few of the "expired"/on last legs players (Uncle and Cameron). We would bounce back straight away I am sure.

Then push on. Constant gradual improvement should see us with a decent top 6 capable side by the 24/25 season. That will be 10 years after Hughes and Rednapp eviscerated our club.
Slaven Bilic on 12:28 - Dec 16 with 2923 viewsdaveB

Pep Guardiola might be out of work soon as well, he might do alright with us
Slaven Bilic on 12:55 - Dec 16 with 2863 viewsParkRoyalR

Fine margins, Bilic was desperate to sign Eze, wined & dined him up there apparently, sought him out for a chat after our games, but Eze was always likely to stay in London and prefer playing with likes of Zaha etc if equal offer came, which it did,

Warburton lost Amos, his only mobile CDM (and now we see why he was holding some stock it him and what he does for the team) and his only decent crosser in Manning,

Hopefully Warburton gets time to address in January as has proven fairly adept in picking some decent loanees from Premier League squads which is what we need.
Slaven Bilic on 13:17 - Dec 16 with 2813 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just been sacked.
Slaven Bilic on 13:23 - Dec 16 with 2792 viewsMick_S

Slaven Bilic on 13:17 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just been sacked.

Here we go:

Makes a change from the Merry-Go-Round.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Slaven Bilic on 13:54 - Dec 16 with 2697 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Slaven Bilic on 09:57 - Dec 16 by bosh67

For me Dykes is more of a Zamora type striker. He's not an Austin one. 185 games and 41 goals, less than 1 in 4 games so far career wise. Bonne 255 games and 79 goals, 1 in just over 3 games. Both I feel they need to either play alongside each other or alongside Kelman who is an unknown quantity but again hasn't as yet been prolific. People shouting at Dykes and Bonne need to remember Wells didn't exactly set the world alight here in his first stint. 40 games and 7 goals but in his second short season here 13 in 26.

It's about giving them time and we didn't have the money to get more experienced players in having missed out on Wells, Hugill and Moore. Cardiff were able to offer Moore better wages.

Our strikers need time and they need to form partnerships. Bonne specifically came here to form a partnership with Dykes but we are playing a lone striker so we fill the midfield but these strikers simply are being put under too much pressure to perform on their own up top.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 9:58]

Speaking of Austin he was playing for WBA against City when I switched it on later in the second half and he did look pretty slow .The injuries have taken such a toll its sad really .He got the ball on a breakaway and could not make it 20 yards and the commentator said he would have tried for the corner flag but there was no way that was happening and they laughed .
The 5 minutes of injury time were amazing the WBA keeper pulled off 2 point blank saves to deny certain goals and Billic and Pep were going nuts on the sidelines .PG should be fined at least if not banned 1 game for interfering with the clock
Slaven Bilic on 14:01 - Dec 16 with 2668 views2Thomas2Bowles

Slaven Bilic on 13:17 - Dec 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just been sacked.

Mark Hughes, who has never been relegated has put his name forward.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Slaven Bilic on 14:01 - Dec 16 with 2672 viewsPinnerPaul

Slaven Bilic on 13:23 - Dec 16 by Mick_S

Here we go:

Makes a change from the Merry-Go-Round.

Bonkers.

Only have to look at the two 'play off' teams we have just played.

Can anyone honestly say that Reading or Stoke look better equipped than Fulham, WBA and even this season, Sheff Utd to survive in the PL?
Slaven Bilic on 14:40 - Dec 16 with 2590 viewsjoolsyp

I admire your optimism Bosh but genuinely interested why you think we’d bounce back up from League 1 with Warbs at the helm were we to be relegated this season? I think we’re more likely to spend a few seasons there and change the manager anyway.
Slaven Bilic on 16:35 - Dec 16 with 2454 viewsDiscodroids

Having seen Slaven in his playing days at West Ham dozens of times in the chicken run , He has the minerals.

I've wanted and called for Kenny Jackett on here longer than Marita Koch's 400 meter world record but slaven would be my second choice all day long.

Unfortunately there's more chance of me dressing up like haysi fantayzee in their Dickensian Rasta crotchless leather chaps to my local boozer , than slaven coming here. No chance.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 16:53]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Slaven Bilic on 17:15 - Dec 16 with 2397 viewseghamranger

Allardyce confirmed.... I suppose Arsenal fans can relax.

He will ruin their budget.
Slaven Bilic on 17:21 - Dec 16 with 2371 viewspaulparker

Slaven Bilic on 16:35 - Dec 16 by Discodroids

Having seen Slaven in his playing days at West Ham dozens of times in the chicken run , He has the minerals.

I've wanted and called for Kenny Jackett on here longer than Marita Koch's 400 meter world record but slaven would be my second choice all day long.

Unfortunately there's more chance of me dressing up like haysi fantayzee in their Dickensian Rasta crotchless leather chaps to my local boozer , than slaven coming here. No chance.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 16:53]

I’m with you Disco , I saw his Partisan Belgrade team play spurs off the park about 6/7 years ago in the europa league and put a post up saying how we should ditch old candle face for him , alas we didn’t and we all know the rest

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Slaven Bilic on 17:27 - Dec 16 with 2361 viewsDiscodroids

Slaven Bilic on 17:21 - Dec 16 by paulparker

I’m with you Disco , I saw his Partisan Belgrade team play spurs off the park about 6/7 years ago in the europa league and put a post up saying how we should ditch old candle face for him , alas we didn’t and we all know the rest

Fu ck me steve, I haven't given you my weekly wednesday afternoon rant on the phone!. i shall rectify that within the next 5 minutes!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 17:28]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Slaven Bilic on 17:28 - Dec 16 with 2357 viewsdanehoop

Baggies really deserve to fail with that appointment. One of the most corrupt managers in football (alledgely) and an awful playing style. May keep them up, but suspect it is likely to be a temporary phase.

Never knowingly understood

Slaven Bilic on 17:30 - Dec 16 with 2352 viewsMickS

Slaven Bilic on 17:15 - Dec 16 by eghamranger

Allardyce confirmed.... I suppose Arsenal fans can relax.

He will ruin their budget.

I cannot believe that. I should know better. Pints of wine all round.
Slaven Bilic on 17:32 - Dec 16 with 2339 viewsDiscodroids

Slaven Bilic on 17:28 - Dec 16 by danehoop

Baggies really deserve to fail with that appointment. One of the most corrupt managers in football (alledgely) and an awful playing style. May keep them up, but suspect it is likely to be a temporary phase.

I'm out of the loop on that Stupot. Corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024