Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. 20:25 - Apr 30 with 17847 viewsBoston

Stoke 1 Queens Park Rangers 3

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:02 - May 1 with 2434 viewsaston_hoop

Beat Luton next weekend and we'll finish the season with positive goal difference. No telling this lot there is nothing to play for.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:03 - May 1 with 2410 viewsDylanP

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 16:57 - May 1 by Rangersw12

Professional performance and didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear which is a masisve improvement from last few years where we needed to be at our best to win

A superb team goal for the 2nd.

Looking forward to next season

Being a QPR fan means worrying that we will take step back in the offseason. If Jojo doesn't come back after the break we will lose a big reason we look so cohesive. He seems to be a big part in pulling us together. I think his presence really half Chair and makes the wingbacks work.

Also, what will losing Charlie do to Dykes. They have great chemistry and really seem to work for each other. I'm just guessing but it looks to me that they are both really pulling for each other.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:03 - May 1 with 2395 viewsTHEBUSH

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 16:39 - May 1 by aston_hoop

Is it me or has Ozzy looked desperate for a goal the last couple of games? Been in the box and shooting every chance he gets.

That Scottish first division experience really starting to show

The thing I like about Ozzy is when he's not playing well , he never hides, is always looking for the ball.
Today he had a great game and a nice goal.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:05 - May 1 with 2358 viewsBoston

Steady, disciplined, workmanlike win, if little low key. Not much to get overly excited about as Stoke weren’t really up for it, but who cares, three points, clean sheet and Charlie scores again! MOTM, Dickie I think.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:05 - May 1 with 2349 viewsloftus77

We are a top-half Championship team - Official. Say it loud, say it proud.
We'll be 12th at the very worst now - a fine, meaningful, achievement from Mark Warburton, the team, the squad and the club. Really well done to all.

Poor old Nahki....crikey...
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:06 - May 1 with 2334 viewsthemodfather

well done lads, mark and the board. ending strong and qpr fans can enjoy the summer.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:06 - May 1 with 2324 viewsjohncharles

Tight at the bottom. Three teams on 40 points

Strong and stable my arse.

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:07 - May 1 with 2294 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Did we deserve this win - yes.
Was it watchable - well it was very patchy with some good performances.
A goal in either half from Austin and Kakay, his first league goal for the club, was enough to give us a third successive win on the road.
Jojo, before he was substituted in the second half, gives us so much class.
He intercepts so well in defence and creates opportunities for his midfield and attacking partners.
Austin's first half goal was a low cracking shot from the edge of the area after Dykes had robbed Souttar and Kakay's second half goal arrived after a counter-attacking move with Chair, then Wallace, then a beautiful weighted pass from Jojo for Kakay to score from inside the box.
Yes it could have been so different if Stoke's wayward shooting had been accurate.
But it wasn't.
de Wijs was again effective in defence partnering Dickie and Barbet as the cb's.
And they needed to be effective as Stoke improved after HT.
So a controlled performance with Dykes maintaining his form of recent weeks.
A 14th clean sheet, 65 points - 7 ahead of last year - we're up one to 9th.
If we beat Luton at home next Saturday lunchtime (1230) that's where we'll finish unless Cardiff surprisingly lose at home to Rotherham - who still have an outside chance of survival.
44 points then from 23 games since the start of the year.
If we had been that good in the first half of the season - then it would have been automatic promotion.
Just wishful thinking - and another good weekend with the sun shining.
Login to get fewer ads

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:08 - May 1 with 2292 viewsHarbour

Well done Rs another great away win...9th is some achievement from where we were in January
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:08 - May 1 with 2278 viewsterryb

65 points. I believe this is our highest in the Championship this century apart from when we've been promoted!

I do like our team!
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:10 - May 1 with 2252 viewsNorthantsHoop

Well done Rangers, great away result.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:19 - May 1 with 2090 viewsdezzar

Living up in the far north i only get to see away games mainly, seen some crap over the last 40 odd years, just glad to see us playing well away but sad not to have been there to see it.Hopefully it will continue and we will all be back soon COYSHoooops Ahhh
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:19 - May 1 with 2088 viewsManinBlack

Something like 8 away wins now. Excellent. We won't want home fans back next season when we play away.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:24 - May 1 with 2026 viewsstrikerace

Would be great if we could keep Charlie. Dykes and Austin would be the best striker combo in the Championship next season
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:31 - May 1 with 1963 viewsDieByYourSide

Routine win. Boring!

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:00 - May 1 with 1783 viewsGloryHunter

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:03 - May 1 by THEBUSH

The thing I like about Ozzy is when he's not playing well , he never hides, is always looking for the ball.
Today he had a great game and a nice goal.

Todd "Toddy" Kane must be delighted for him.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:06 - May 1 with 1750 viewshantssi

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 17:31 - May 1 by DieByYourSide

Routine win. Boring!

3rd away win on the bounce, how long has it been since that happened?!
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:22 - May 1 with 1663 viewsqprphil

Great win, can we start the season again with this lot............................
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:34 - May 1 with 1595 viewsJuzzie

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:06 - May 1 by hantssi

3rd away win on the bounce, how long has it been since that happened?!

About three months!

(Luton, Cardiff, Watford)

[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:50]
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 19:22 - May 1 with 1449 viewshantssi

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 18:34 - May 1 by Juzzie

About three months!

(Luton, Cardiff, Watford)

[Post edited 1 May 2021 18:50]

Blimey, what on earth has happened to us this year?!
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 19:22 - May 1 with 1448 viewsRog

Two really good goals graced what was a fairly average performance. What I that was really good was the discipline. That was an organised and solid team out there. Not what we are used to seeing too often.

De Wijs was my MOM, I thought he was almost faultless at the back and just shaded Dickie.
The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 19:53 - May 1 with 1355 viewsrsonist

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 16:32 - May 1 by rsonist

Goal for Ossie makes it all worthwhile.

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 23:25 - May 1 with 1083 viewsDorse

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 19:53 - May 1 by rsonist

Love that.

Well played that man.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 00:01 - May 2 with 1021 viewsaston_hoop

Interesting reading the Stoke match thread. They cant wait for O'Neil to get sacked. For some reason thought he had been doing ok there, they cant stand him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Stoke City, Pre Op & Post Mortem Thread. on 07:14 - May 2 with 868 viewstraininvain

That’s been coming for Kakay. He’s often looking to shoot and obviously fancies himself to get the occasional goal. Hopefully more to follow!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024