Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Bleksley 22:11 - Nov 25 with 12964 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan shaming

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 22:15]
Peter Bleksley on 11:44 - Nov 26 with 1935 viewsAntti_Heinola

Peter Bleksley on 11:09 - Nov 26 by slmrstid

This is similar to the sort of dick swinging posturing that gets seen on Facebook on groups like "Football Away Days" where people put up pictures of away fans at grounds and they attract comments like "s**t support" and the like.

In this climate, with the cost and time commitments involved, anyone going to football matches deserves credit. Never like seeing the "I'm a better fan than you" type stuff, which this effectively is.

Spot on. I can't stand the 'your support is fn sh!t' chants and the like. Incredibly tedious.

Bare bones.

Peter Bleksley on 11:51 - Nov 26 with 1904 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 11:44 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

Spot on. I can't stand the 'your support is fn sh!t' chants and the like. Incredibly tedious.

Yeh Beesotted always used to chuck a question in like "who's been 'the best' away support at yours this season" to which I'd always treat them to a fairly snotty answer along the lines of... anybody willing to pay the extortionate fees on our appalling rail system, dodge the sky moves, pay £35 to sit in our outdated stadium, give up a day and probably north of £150 all in, is fine by me whether there's 200 of them or 3000, whether it's Leeds or Burton, and whether they want to sing and make a row or just sit and watch the game.

Probs why they stopped asking me in the end
Peter Bleksley on 11:56 - Nov 26 with 1887 viewsted_hendrix

If I wanna go then I go, If I dont wanna go then I dont go.

It's got nothing to do with any other embarrasing tosspot with a keyboard thingy.

Embarrassed my arse.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Peter Bleksley on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 1881 viewsToast_R

Reasons I didn't attend

For me, my wife and our boy, £60 layout just on tickets is expensive for this time of year.
Can't be arsed to have to call box-office and suffer being on hold multiple times as I still can't buy tickets on their terrible website.
Freezing Cold
School night
Available on SkySports
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:00]
Peter Bleksley on 12:01 - Nov 26 with 1865 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Toast_R

Reasons I didn't attend

For me, my wife and our boy, £60 layout just on tickets is expensive for this time of year.
Can't be arsed to have to call box-office and suffer being on hold multiple times as I still can't buy tickets on their terrible website.
Freezing Cold
School night
Available on SkySports

And on the club's stream as well.
Few in our group that were coming decided late on after busy work days, freezing cold, they couldn't be arsd and watched at home instead.
Peter Bleksley on 12:06 - Nov 26 with 1859 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Toast_R

Reasons I didn't attend

Freezing Cold
School night
Available on SkySports

No-one should have to justify not attending a football match to be honest.

We all have different interests and personal responsibilities. I personally think those who go to EVERY game have got it wrong and probably need to asses their lives but that's up to them and they would probably be in their right to tell me to 'do one'.
Peter Bleksley on 12:09 - Nov 26 with 1835 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 12:06 - Nov 26 by Shadow

No-one should have to justify not attending a football match to be honest.

We all have different interests and personal responsibilities. I personally think those who go to EVERY game have got it wrong and probably need to asses their lives but that's up to them and they would probably be in their right to tell me to 'do one'.

Well not quite 'do one' but as somebody who does go to every game I'd say - do what makes you happy. I love it and enjoy it so I do it. When I see people standing out in the cold taking train numbers down at Doncaster I think "fck that, must be mad, how dull" etc, but it makes them happy, doesn't do anybody any harm, so good for them.
Peter Bleksley on 12:21 - Nov 26 with 1811 viewsMick_S

Peter Bleksley on 12:01 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Few in our group that were coming decided late on after busy work days, freezing cold, they couldn't be arsd and watched at home instead.

The Hudd match was available to purchase? I’m a bit confused as it was at home. I’m not going near that poxy red button again.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Peter Bleksley on 12:35 - Nov 26 with 1763 viewscolinallcars

Peter Bleksley on 12:21 - Nov 26 by Mick_S

The Hudd match was available to purchase? I’m a bit confused as it was at home. I’m not going near that poxy red button again.

Scheduled midweek games ( not Saturday games that have been moved ), are available on QPR+ for a tenner home and away provided our wonderful friends at Sky haven't nicked it.
Peter Bleksley on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 1751 viewswestberksr

I was there for only the 4th time this season; 140 mile round trip when I could have sat at home..... but

fixture changes, holidays, even previously made plans with gf or friends when sky so kindly moved 2 other home games..... booking tickets for a show on a Friday night when we are due to play on a Saturday, making a lovely weekend of it all.... wtf was I thinking!

then there's the school night, rush hour, covid, work, on TV, its cold to contend with. Well done to those of us that did make it and i look forward to seeing the rest next time (when I can get there!)

this condescending prick can do one
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:53]
Peter Bleksley on 12:47 - Nov 26 with 1740 viewsMick_S

Peter Bleksley on 12:35 - Nov 26 by colinallcars

Scheduled midweek games ( not Saturday games that have been moved ), are available on QPR+ for a tenner home and away provided our wonderful friends at Sky haven't nicked it.

I never realised. Many thanks, that red button thing was torture. I may have mentioned that elsewhere.

Peter Bleksley on 12:50 - Nov 26 with 1735 viewsDieByYourSide

Original tweet brought onto my timeline by Paddy Kenny liking it, less than a week after apologising for that tweet calling us tinpot - not the brightest is he?

Midweek games were always lower attended but the red button thing must have brought them down an extra 10-15% or so...then throw in the matchday price increase and you're pretty much asking people not to come.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:57]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Peter Bleksley on 13:00 - Nov 26 with 1703 viewstoboboly

Peter Bleksley on 12:47 - Nov 26 by Mick_S

I never realised. Many thanks, that red button thing was torture. I may have mentioned that elsewhere.

The QPR Twitter often put a message up on the day about where can/can't stream. Eg;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Peter Bleksley on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 1700 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Peter Bleksley on 12:50 - Nov 26 by DieByYourSide

Original tweet brought onto my timeline by Paddy Kenny liking it, less than a week after apologising for that tweet calling us tinpot - not the brightest is he?

Midweek games were always lower attended but the red button thing must have brought them down an extra 10-15% or so...then throw in the matchday price increase and you're pretty much asking people not to come.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:57]

Disappointing that from Paddy.

On the ale I reckon.
Peter Bleksley on 13:07 - Nov 26 with 1689 viewsMick_S

Peter Bleksley on 13:00 - Nov 26 by toboboly

The QPR Twitter often put a message up on the day about where can/can't stream. Eg;

Thanks mate - this is the only social media I ever use. I’ll get the kids on it. They’ve probably told me 50 times!

Peter Bleksley on 13:17 - Nov 26 with 1658 viewsconnell10

Ain't he that geezer from Strickley.....7 ....Len Goodhead or something....7 ...7 ...7

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Peter Bleksley on 13:39 - Nov 26 with 1607 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fair play to them. I've got a terrible attendance record this season, and I have a season ticket!

For example on Friday, I finished work in Islington at 1930, which means getting in about 30 minutes after KO, then as I live on the same line as Luton, sitting with those nut nuts all the way back from Shepherds Bush for two hours. It was pissing down when I left and I just didn't fancy it and whacked it on QPR player on the train home instead.

I'll still go Derby and the arse end of no where when it comes up though so it's swing and roundabouts.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 13:39]
Peter Bleksley on 13:43 - Nov 26 with 1599 viewsR_from_afar

Peter Bleksley on 09:53 - Nov 26 by Phildo

its been a thing for years that midweek attendances are lower as a lot of the fanbase have moved out as the area has become more expensive, work is harder to juggle and sky moving the games makes it hard to plan ahead with any certainty

I have occasionally heard radio commentators moaning about low attendances at football matches. That grinds my gears because fans are paying for their own tickets, travel and refreshments. Grrrr

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Peter Bleksley on 13:46 - Nov 26 with 1576 viewsPinnerPaul

Peter Bleksley on 07:51 - Nov 26 by Rs_Holy

totally agree Nix! I thought he was alright on the Podcast and liked his honesty but he didn't seem to rate Warburton back then and I can see how he puts peoples noses out of joint.
As far as the attendance goes when you've got 2 games in close succession a lot of people will not be able to justify going to to both, so they will pick and choose the most attractive fixture. QPR v Luton was always going to win over Huddersfield.

School/work night v Friday night, only going to be one winner.
Peter Bleksley on 13:46 - Nov 26 with 1579 viewsR_from_afar

Peter Bleksley on 11:09 - Nov 26 by slmrstid

This is similar to the sort of dick swinging posturing that gets seen on Facebook on groups like "Football Away Days" where people put up pictures of away fans at grounds and they attract comments like "s**t support" and the like.

In this climate, with the cost and time commitments involved, anyone going to football matches deserves credit. Never like seeing the "I'm a better fan than you" type stuff, which this effectively is.

You are this week's star baker! Good post

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Peter Bleksley on 13:47 - Nov 26 with 1578 viewsBklynRanger

Working from home has got to account for a certain percentage of people not going, especially now this time of year. If you're already not out in the cold and dark - it can take a fair bit of motivation to force yourself into it.

Plus, part of the same subject, people are knackered! Last 18 months catching up with us all, many still stuck on laptops all day - I went but must admit I yawned through the first 45 mins - not because of what was on the pitch, just tired. And I wasn't the only one obviously. Probably the cause of some of the quietness.
Peter Bleksley on 13:51 - Nov 26 with 1566 viewsTheChef

Peter Bleksley on 10:41 - Nov 26 by daveB

I don't think what he's done here is particularly fair although I was quite surprised by just how many empty seats we had, expect it in lower loft due to kids not coming but SA Road was like a cup game.

He's wrong to call people out but some of the abuse he's got on twitter over it is equally ridiculous. Being called a nonce by one bloke and weird pictures of him being made up in photoshop. No need really

Twitter.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Peter Bleksley on 13:52 - Nov 26 with 1563 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 13:47 - Nov 26 by BklynRanger

Working from home has got to account for a certain percentage of people not going, especially now this time of year. If you're already not out in the cold and dark - it can take a fair bit of motivation to force yourself into it.

Plus, part of the same subject, people are knackered! Last 18 months catching up with us all, many still stuck on laptops all day - I went but must admit I yawned through the first 45 mins - not because of what was on the pitch, just tired. And I wasn't the only one obviously. Probably the cause of some of the quietness.

I thought that was just me getting older - that Cardiff and Blackpool 6 day voyage nearly killed me.
Peter Bleksley on 13:54 - Nov 26 with 1880 viewsTheChef

Peter Bleksley on 13:04 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Disappointing that from Paddy.

On the ale I reckon.

Paddy? On the ale?

Surely not.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Peter Bleksley on 14:14 - Nov 26 with 1809 viewsdaveB

Peter Bleksley on 13:51 - Nov 26 by TheChef

Twitter.

Not just twitter though, been called a few names on this thread. As I say I don't agree with him putting that tweet out but if that's what he thinks that's upto him, you can reason with him with an alternative view or ignore him, I'm not sure he deserves some of the stick he's been getting over it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024