Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter Bleksley 22:11 - Nov 25 with 12919 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan shaming

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 22:15]
Peter Bleksley on 14:31 - Nov 26 with 1818 viewsTheChef

Peter Bleksley on 13:54 - Nov 26 by TheChef

Paddy? On the ale?

Surely not.

This is the look of a man who only has the occasional lager at the weekend.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 14:32]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Peter Bleksley on 14:40 - Nov 26 with 1787 viewsBklynRanger

Peter Bleksley on 13:52 - Nov 26 by Northernr

I thought that was just me getting older - that Cardiff and Blackpool 6 day voyage nearly killed me.

You could sort of read that between the lines of the Blackpool match report... :)
Peter Bleksley on 14:41 - Nov 26 with 1782 viewsNorthernr

Peter Bleksley on 14:40 - Nov 26 by BklynRanger

You could sort of read that between the lines of the Blackpool match report... :)

Very blurry lines.
Peter Bleksley on 14:53 - Nov 26 with 1765 viewsPBLOCK

Peter Bleksley on 14:41 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Very blurry lines.

I had a season ticket for about 20 years kept it for a few years when the kids were young but gave it up about 4 years ago

Live in Essex but ‘work’ in London.

Prior to COVID this is a game I would definitely have gone to but getting to the game plus tickets food beer would easily be £70-80. Would have meant logging off early not seeing the kids and going to London and then back getting home about midnight.

So I did the kids dinner finished work, did a bit of bed time and then watched on the telly with a drink.

Was it the same, of course not you can’t beat a night game under the nights when we win but it’s other priorities and that £70 will go towards Christmas.

If that makes me less of a fan then so be it.
Peter Bleksley on 14:55 - Nov 26 with 1763 viewsngbqpr

Peter Bleksley on 23:04 - Nov 25 by colinallcars

He sounds a bit like that great master of the English language, Danny Dyer.

I'll tell my ST holding friends who live in Chelmsford, Nuneaton, Camberley and Guildford that they should be ashamed at not getting to every midweek game.

...just before Xmas...during a pandemic and a fuel crisis...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Peter Bleksley on 15:28 - Nov 26 with 1691 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 14:53 - Nov 26 by PBLOCK

I had a season ticket for about 20 years kept it for a few years when the kids were young but gave it up about 4 years ago

Live in Essex but ‘work’ in London.

Prior to COVID this is a game I would definitely have gone to but getting to the game plus tickets food beer would easily be £70-80. Would have meant logging off early not seeing the kids and going to London and then back getting home about midnight.

So I did the kids dinner finished work, did a bit of bed time and then watched on the telly with a drink.

Was it the same, of course not you can’t beat a night game under the nights when we win but it’s other priorities and that £70 will go towards Christmas.

If that makes me less of a fan then so be it.

You would have spent £80 to watch Wednesday's game. That's the same amount of money it costs to have Sky Sports for 2 1/2 months to see 100s of games.

There lies one of the biggest challenges clubs like QPR will face in the next 10 years. It's slowly becoming a TV sport.
Peter Bleksley on 15:30 - Nov 26 with 1692 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Peter Bleksley on 15:28 - Nov 26 by Shadow

You would have spent £80 to watch Wednesday's game. That's the same amount of money it costs to have Sky Sports for 2 1/2 months to see 100s of games.

There lies one of the biggest challenges clubs like QPR will face in the next 10 years. It's slowly becoming a TV sport.

I’m not sure. I think read somewhere that the Championship has had record attendances recently?

People will always go, but don’t treat us like cnts.
Peter Bleksley on 15:36 - Nov 26 with 1674 viewslondonscottish

It's swings and roundabouts. I couldn't make the Luton game as I was in Scotland but went to this one.

I've missed other league home games due to holidays/work/commitments but managed to fit in all the cup games inc Orient.

It depends.

Who cares?

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Peter Bleksley on 15:47 - Nov 26 with 1644 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 15:30 - Nov 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not sure. I think read somewhere that the Championship has had record attendances recently?

People will always go, but don’t treat us like cnts.

I'm not sure about all time record attendances for 2nd division in this country to be honest. I think it's incredibly unlikely that we're anywhere near the highest.

I personally think the next but one TV deal will be the one which sets things back unless clubs outside the Premier League substantially lower their ticket prices. It's inevitable that the Saturday 3pm TV blackout would struggle to stand up to any scrutiny in court and likely that clubs will be able to sell online packages for all games not shown on any other platform.
Peter Bleksley on 15:53 - Nov 26 with 1638 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Peter Bleksley on 09:59 - Nov 26 by Shadow

I think he gores to almost every match but that probably shows that he hasn't developed any other interests in life other than QPR.

Apart from fronting four series’ of Channel 4’s Hunted, writing several books and regular pundit TV appearances!

And no, I am not Peter Bleksley.
Peter Bleksley on 15:58 - Nov 26 with 1619 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 15:53 - Nov 26 by Beckenhamhoop

Apart from fronting four series’ of Channel 4’s Hunted, writing several books and regular pundit TV appearances!

And no, I am not Peter Bleksley.

Does he, hadn't heard of him before I encounter some of his ridiculous opinions on Twitter and blocked him to be honest.
Peter Bleksley on 16:01 - Nov 26 with 1597 viewsstevec

It’s noticeable that midweek attendances have been 3-4000 short of weekend attendances.

Suspect the new WFH culture having a large effect on that. It’s one thing making the effort at weekends but if you’re coming from any distance away, as many do these days, midweek is not so conducive.

For the record, my immune system seems to have gone to pot since we had a grandson, so forced to watch the game from space or wherever Sky record it.
Peter Bleksley on 16:04 - Nov 26 with 1601 viewsLythamR

Peter Bleksley on 14:14 - Nov 26 by daveB

Not just twitter though, been called a few names on this thread. As I say I don't agree with him putting that tweet out but if that's what he thinks that's upto him, you can reason with him with an alternative view or ignore him, I'm not sure he deserves some of the stick he's been getting over it

He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted and the likely responses he would get

if you choose tomake a dick of yourself in public you cant be surprised or hurt if some of that public call you a dick
Peter Bleksley on 16:21 - Nov 26 with 1572 viewsAntti_Heinola

Peter Bleksley on 15:47 - Nov 26 by Shadow

I'm not sure about all time record attendances for 2nd division in this country to be honest. I think it's incredibly unlikely that we're anywhere near the highest.

I personally think the next but one TV deal will be the one which sets things back unless clubs outside the Premier League substantially lower their ticket prices. It's inevitable that the Saturday 3pm TV blackout would struggle to stand up to any scrutiny in court and likely that clubs will be able to sell online packages for all games not shown on any other platform.

Attendances these days are huge certainly compared to the last 50 years.
This stuff makes me laugh. I was at top flight QPR games where we had smaller crowds than last night, but in people's minds it was huge sell-outs every week. It really, really wasn't.

Bare bones.

Peter Bleksley on 16:53 - Nov 26 with 1505 viewsFrankRightguard

Peter Bleksley on 13:54 - Nov 26 by TheChef

Paddy? On the ale?

Surely not.

Curry house afterwards?
Peter Bleksley on 16:59 - Nov 26 with 1486 viewsMick_S

Peter Bleksley on 16:53 - Nov 26 by FrankRightguard

Curry house afterwards?

‘Are you the ambulance?’

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Peter Bleksley on 17:34 - Nov 26 with 1429 viewsFrankRightguard

Peter Bleksley on 16:59 - Nov 26 by Mick_S

‘Are you the ambulance?’

Anyone found an eyebrow?
Peter Bleksley on 17:52 - Nov 26 with 1407 viewsdaveB

Peter Bleksley on 16:04 - Nov 26 by LythamR

He knew exactly what he was doing when he posted and the likely responses he would get

if you choose tomake a dick of yourself in public you cant be surprised or hurt if some of that public call you a dick

I just think some of it has been over the top, it's all gone a bit Todd Kane
Peter Bleksley on 18:01 - Nov 26 with 1388 viewsShadow

Peter Bleksley on 16:21 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

This stuff makes me laugh. I was at top flight QPR games where we had smaller crowds than last night, but in people's minds it was huge sell-outs every week. It really, really wasn't.

I know there were lower attendances in the top flight, I went to games with around 10k - the atmospheres weren't always great either.

However, my point, if you read back, was about it being claimed that we are experiencing 'record' crowds in the 2nd tier. We're just under 6k short of the record and there are many seasons in between the record and where we are now.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 18:08]
Peter Bleksley on 18:08 - Nov 26 with 1373 viewsjtuck

Peter Bleksley on 16:21 - Nov 26 by Antti_Heinola

This is right. I used to live in Tooting Bec and would occasionally go to Wimbledon First Division/Premier League games when they were groundsharing Selhurst Park with Palace in the 90s to see the likes of Robbie Earle and Warren Barton. And I would be in crowds of 3 to 4,000. Now that IS embarrassing.

LAranger

Peter Bleksley on 18:20 - Nov 26 with 1335 viewsYokelR

Peter Bleksley on 18:08 - Nov 26 by jtuck

This is right. I used to live in Tooting Bec and would occasionally go to Wimbledon First Division/Premier League games when they were groundsharing Selhurst Park with Palace in the 90s to see the likes of Robbie Earle and Warren Barton. And I would be in crowds of 3 to 4,000. Now that IS embarrassing.

Be like most of his former colleagues ignore him and he will go away eventually.
Peter Bleksley on 18:24 - Nov 26 with 1319 viewsPBLOCK

Peter Bleksley on 16:01 - Nov 26 by stevec

It’s noticeable that midweek attendances have been 3-4000 short of weekend attendances.

Suspect the new WFH culture having a large effect on that. It’s one thing making the effort at weekends but if you’re coming from any distance away, as many do these days, midweek is not so conducive.

For the record, my immune system seems to have gone to pot since we had a grandson, so forced to watch the game from space or wherever Sky record it.

This was part of the point I was trying to make

If I was in the office in London already likely to miss seeing kids etc I’d go to the game 100% I think working from home will put a lot of people off going if it’s available to watch at home / online unless it’s a quick few stops along the tube
Peter Bleksley on 18:31 - Nov 26 with 1416 viewsaston_hoop

The silly thing is we'll keep doing well and then people like me, expats who cannot get to many games, will turn up at games (I'm in the UK for 3 weeks over Christmas for instance) and then we might well have the same idiots as during the Warnock season claiming they've never seen my face at games before and giving me shit all game as a glory hunter. Because yeah, we all support this team for the glory don't we.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Peter Bleksley on 19:09 - Nov 26 with 1316 viewsPunteR

I haven't been once this season. There I said it.!

Fxxk off to anyone who has a problem with that..!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Peter Bleksley on 19:18 - Nov 26 with 1262 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR fans bullying other QPR fans because they disagree with something someone said on a podcast/tweet? Thought Clive wasn't providing a platform for that?

I see Peter at games, have a chat sometimes, always seems a sound bloke - Unlike many personalities on here, who you hardly ever see anywhere near a QPR match.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024