Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeeeeeekit is back! 11:41 - Jun 2 with 18822 viewsMrSheen

With the coach bother carefully tidied away, we can return to our traditional summer torment.

Bairstow behind the stumps, better without gloves?
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:14 - Jun 14 with 1769 viewsted_hendrix

As Henry Blofeld might have said "Thank you very much, my dear old thing."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:24 - Jun 14 with 1726 viewsHoopstar

What a beautiful afternoon of cricket.

One of the best ever displays of hitting from Bairstow there
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:30 - Jun 14 with 1701 viewsBlackCrowe

As has been said many times before including on this forum, Test cricket is the only format that really matters. T20 and ODI have their place (fck off 100) but nothing compares to ebb and flow and drama of test cricket. Except for when it rains.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:31 - Jun 14 with 1691 viewsstowmarketrange

What do I know about cricket anyway?I thought it was going to be tied at 1-1.
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:35 - Jun 14 with 1667 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:31 - Jun 14 by stowmarketrange

What do I know about cricket anyway?I thought it was going to be tied at 1-1.

I lumped on an England win at tea. £1 got me £3.20. See you around suckers.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:50 - Jun 14 with 1611 viewsTomS

I was watching the highlights of yesterday's play and saw that they were allowing people to turn up for free today. Well done to everyone who took advantage of that offer.

I honestly thought that it was going to be a nailed on draw at the start of play today. What a fantastic batting performance to win the match. How close is this to being the highest ever combined run score in a test match?
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 18:03 - Jun 14 with 1551 viewsTomS

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:50 - Jun 14 by TomS

I was watching the highlights of yesterday's play and saw that they were allowing people to turn up for free today. Well done to everyone who took advantage of that offer.

I honestly thought that it was going to be a nailed on draw at the start of play today. What a fantastic batting performance to win the match. How close is this to being the highest ever combined run score in a test match?

I'll answer it. 1,675 runs scored has it as the 8th highest run scoring test match of all time. Wow.
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:21 - Jun 14 with 1466 viewsMedwayR

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:26 - Jun 14 by Rangersw12

He isn't test quality what ever position he plays

Disagree with that, he’s not an opener but he’s been so poorly managed by England who, yet again, have taken a promising batsman and ruined them.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:33 - Jun 14 with 1449 viewsSuperhoops2808

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:21 - Jun 14 by MedwayR

Disagree with that, he’s not an opener but he’s been so poorly managed by England who, yet again, have taken a promising batsman and ruined them.

As a member of Kent Cricket, I will agree with that. But he's young and needs a good score in the last test. I think he is a good number 3 but England insist on playing him as an opener. Now Pope has got his sh1t together he wont play there so only position is as an opener and he is too keen to get after the bowler

He will come good, and will always be in Englands thoughts whilst Keysie is there

He fits this new brand of cricket that England want to play, positive cricket
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:44 - Jun 14 with 1430 viewsCamberleyR

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 18:03 - Jun 14 by TomS

I'll answer it. 1,675 runs scored has it as the 8th highest run scoring test match of all time. Wow.

I bet there weren't many positive results in the other seven.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 22:59 - Jun 14 with 1245 viewsDWQPR

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:44 - Jun 14 by CamberleyR

I bet there weren't many positive results in the other seven.

Three were pre-war and quite likely timeless tests of which one produced as result. The Aussies beat us here in 1948 over five days with over 550 overs being bowled compared to the 450 nowadays which teams struggle to achieve. Three more recent ones were all draws. I suspect that based on the run rate we just witnessed the highest scoring test.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 23:09 - Jun 14 with 1234 viewsLogman

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 19:33 - Jun 14 by Superhoops2808

As a member of Kent Cricket, I will agree with that. But he's young and needs a good score in the last test. I think he is a good number 3 but England insist on playing him as an opener. Now Pope has got his sh1t together he wont play there so only position is as an opener and he is too keen to get after the bowler

He will come good, and will always be in Englands thoughts whilst Keysie is there

He fits this new brand of cricket that England want to play, positive cricket

I agree with that. I am a Kent supporter and Crawley is a really fluent batsman when he gets going who can really take control. But he should not have been or still be opening in Test cricket. It's the selectors fault. They persisted with him as an opener when he was failing in Australia and it has hindered his natural game. Should have been kept at 6 for a much longer period with senior players opening.
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 23:33 - Jun 14 with 1192 viewsAntti_Heinola

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 17:30 - Jun 14 by BlackCrowe

As has been said many times before including on this forum, Test cricket is the only format that really matters. T20 and ODI have their place (fck off 100) but nothing compares to ebb and flow and drama of test cricket. Except for when it rains.

Test cricket will be gone inside 30 years (we're the only country left that cares about it), but I love it.
I love it for so many reasons, including because it so often makes utter fools of fans who wail on day one and look stupid by day 5 (sometimes by day 2). This Test being a prime example.

Bare bones.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 07:51 - Jun 15 with 1081 viewstoboboly

Anyone watch the BBC highlights programme? WTF are they doing to it - you only get an hour and they waste so much time on repeating what happened the previous day, intrusive music over the scorecard, they do a highlight of what happened earlier in the programme which wastes yet more time, weird and intrusive showy graphics when someone like Root walks out which wastes more time, a pointless wander round Trent Bridge asking fans if it was good to get in for free?!?!?!

JUST SHOW THE FCUKING DAYS PLAY YOU USELESS CNTS

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 08:38 - Jun 15 with 1061 viewsted_hendrix

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 07:51 - Jun 15 by toboboly

Anyone watch the BBC highlights programme? WTF are they doing to it - you only get an hour and they waste so much time on repeating what happened the previous day, intrusive music over the scorecard, they do a highlight of what happened earlier in the programme which wastes yet more time, weird and intrusive showy graphics when someone like Root walks out which wastes more time, a pointless wander round Trent Bridge asking fans if it was good to get in for free?!?!?!

Yea I thought the same, not quite sure what they were trying to achieve but the endless waffle about nothing was bloody nonsense, sat here thinking get on with It just get on with the bloody highlights.
It was poor-cringeworthy in places.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 09:45 - Jun 15 with 1006 viewseastside_r

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 07:51 - Jun 15 by toboboly

Yeah, it’s unusually bad for BBC sport.

I can only think they contractually have a set amount of ‘play’ minutes (say 45, perhaps it was assumed that the highlights contract would be won by a commercial provider?)

BBC have taken the decision to programme for an hour, hence the other stuff.

But whatever, it does not work. They are also perhaps targeting the ‘100’ demographic rather than traditionalists like me.

Oh for the days of Richie Benaud (one of the best sports broadcasters ever.) Opening comment to camera, highlights of the days play then closing comments to camera - JOB DONE.
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 09:45 - Jun 15 with 1004 viewsTheChef

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 08:38 - Jun 15 by ted_hendrix

Yea I thought the same, not quite sure what they were trying to achieve but the endless waffle about nothing was bloody nonsense, sat here thinking get on with It just get on with the bloody highlights.
It was poor-cringeworthy in places.

Yeah thankfully I recorded it so could FFW through Tuffers and his One Show-lite schtick at the start "Oooh people like people, let's talk to some people" FACK OFF!

Bairstow interview at the end was amusing with the drunk punters off-camera serenading Cook and Vaughan (seems he is off the naughty step!)

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 09:56 - Jun 15 with 981 viewstoboboly

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 09:45 - Jun 15 by eastside_r

Yeah, it’s unusually bad for BBC sport.

I can only think they contractually have a set amount of ‘play’ minutes (say 45, perhaps it was assumed that the highlights contract would be won by a commercial provider?)

BBC have taken the decision to programme for an hour, hence the other stuff.

But whatever, it does not work. They are also perhaps targeting the ‘100’ demographic rather than traditionalists like me.

Oh for the days of Richie Benaud (one of the best sports broadcasters ever.) Opening comment to camera, highlights of the days play then closing comments to camera - JOB DONE.

It has driven me from listening to TMS as they have gone from knowledgeable players/journos to those more interested in themselves (looking at you Norcross you tw@t, and I don't want my scorer to be chipping in with jokes every five minutes), and now I am finding it harder and harder to bother with the highlights.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 12:45 - Jun 15 with 885 viewsEsox_Lucius

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 15:47 - Jun 12 by Tonto

Pleased for Ollie Pope. But worry about wasting him at 3. Would prefer him At 4 or 5.

Root and either Stokes or Foakes in those positions for me, then Bairstow. I think McCullum has it right.

The grass is always greener.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:05 - Jun 15 with 863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 09:56 - Jun 15 by toboboly

It has driven me from listening to TMS as they have gone from knowledgeable players/journos to those more interested in themselves (looking at you Norcross you tw@t, and I don't want my scorer to be chipping in with jokes every five minutes), and now I am finding it harder and harder to bother with the highlights.

Zaltz is fabulous, not having that. Norcross is good.
Aggers is death. Absolute bellend. Love Tuffers. Love Isa. Vaughan a dreadful, unlikeable knobhead. Cook is nice. But it won't improve until Aggers goes.

Bare bones.

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:12 - Jun 15 with 855 viewsTonto

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:05 - Jun 15 by Antti_Heinola

Aggers is death. Absolute bellend. Love Tuffers. Love Isa. Vaughan a dreadful, unlikeable knobhead. Cook is nice. But it won't improve until Aggers goes.

you don't like Aggers? wpw. he is the best one for me. Its Tuffers who doesnt add much from my POV.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:17 - Jun 15 with 844 viewstoboboly

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:05 - Jun 15 by Antti_Heinola

We will agree to disagree. Zaltz is ok but he has been encouraged to interject and now does it far too often. Isa is good but I prefer her as the analyst rather than the ball by ball. I like Ebony, Alison, Simon, Vic and don't mind Aggers but he is definitely getting more curmudgeonly.

Norcross is awful, no ifs no buts. Everything is about him, he asks a rambling question which he will answer and will then go back to the play by play without letting the player answer - he offers nothing but himself and totally ruins the listening experience.

Daggers is criminally underused, I don't mind Vaughan too much but fully understand why he is marmite. I thought Moeen was pretty dire. Tuffers is ok but isn't as good as his numerous appearances would suggest.

Often the biggest pluses are the overseas people they get in. Carlos Brathwaite was a breath of fresh air during lockdown.

edit: Jarrod Kimber on Talksport is very good, as is Steve Harmison.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 13:19]

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 14:28 - Jun 15 with 768 viewsdanehoop

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:17 - Jun 15 by toboboly

We will agree to disagree. Zaltz is ok but he has been encouraged to interject and now does it far too often. Isa is good but I prefer her as the analyst rather than the ball by ball. I like Ebony, Alison, Simon, Vic and don't mind Aggers but he is definitely getting more curmudgeonly.

Norcross is awful, no ifs no buts. Everything is about him, he asks a rambling question which he will answer and will then go back to the play by play without letting the player answer - he offers nothing but himself and totally ruins the listening experience.

Daggers is criminally underused, I don't mind Vaughan too much but fully understand why he is marmite. I thought Moeen was pretty dire. Tuffers is ok but isn't as good as his numerous appearances would suggest.

Often the biggest pluses are the overseas people they get in. Carlos Brathwaite was a breath of fresh air during lockdown.

Another vote for the awesomeness that is Zaltz. I really enjoy his inputs.

Never knowingly understood

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 14:49 - Jun 15 with 736 viewsthame_hoops

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 13:17 - Jun 15 by toboboly

agree with alot of what you said except for Harmison... i find him incoherent. mumbling and cant articulate himself
Creeeeeeekit is back! on 15:01 - Jun 15 with 724 viewstoboboly

Creeeeeeekit is back! on 14:49 - Jun 15 by thame_hoops

agree with alot of what you said except for Harmison... i find him incoherent. mumbling and cant articulate himself

Hahahaha, thought he was better this winter but an incoherent mumble makes me feel like I am at LR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024