Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today 20:50 - Sep 3 with 9754 viewsNortholt_Rs

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/i-didnt-think-i-was-great-today-beale-accept

Thoughts?

[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 20:51]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 21:06 - Sep 3 with 6717 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/beale-post-swansea-030922/

Extremely honest. I really like this guy. No excuses. Says it like it is.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 6513 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'm basing this on what I saw from a very dodgy stream.

I didn't totally agree that we looked tired. I thought we lacked as much energy as we had during the week. I did think at the start that the same starting 11 for 3 games in a week was brave. Having said that I thought we deserved a draw. From what I saw.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:25 - Sep 3 with 6374 viewskarlski

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 21:52 - Sep 3 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm basing this on what I saw from a very dodgy stream.

I didn't totally agree that we looked tired. I thought we lacked as much energy as we had during the week. I did think at the start that the same starting 11 for 3 games in a week was brave. Having said that I thought we deserved a draw. From what I saw.

Interesting that he specified not freshening up the team as something that falls on him, rather than any specific tactical things he may have gotten wrong (no judgment either way, just interesting).

More interesting, though, is that he says the team haven't been specifically told to play a high line. That's a really curious one, because it's looked like a deliberate ploy (to my untrained eye) in all the recent games.

Overall I like his interviews and what he has to say.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:42 - Sep 3 with 6309 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:25 - Sep 3 by karlski

Interesting that he specified not freshening up the team as something that falls on him, rather than any specific tactical things he may have gotten wrong (no judgment either way, just interesting).

More interesting, though, is that he says the team haven't been specifically told to play a high line. That's a really curious one, because it's looked like a deliberate ploy (to my untrained eye) in all the recent games.

Overall I like his interviews and what he has to say.

The high line thing, if nobody had mentioned it I wouldn't have noticed. I must admit.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:43 - Sep 3 with 6303 viewsdmm

It's refreshing to hear him say he didn't have a good game. No many managers/coaches admit such a thing. It shows he recognises he can improve, which is no bad thing.

I did find it strange that he said he didn't understand why the back line was so high. If so, why didn't he change it?
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:46 - Sep 3 with 6282 viewsdaveB

I really like Beale, very honest in his interviews, perhaps a bit too honest at times but I really want him to do well here
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 01:25 - Sep 4 with 6030 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agree that the high line thing is just weird - are the players taking our tactics into their own hands now then? Really odd one!

The thread is over-stated, though - what Beale actually says is the players didn't do well, and he didn't do well either. In other words, a bad day at the office for everyone. I was surprised he wasn't more vituperative about that kunt of a ref.

Three high-level performances and results in a row was obviously beyond us, but it's disappointing we couln't muster a point at least. It may well be another season of consistent inconsistency, though it feels like we're still finding our sea legs as an evolving team, so that may come.

Glass at least half-, and more like two thirds full for me, though our lack of an effective no. 9 may well bite us on the bum as Chair and Willock can't run the whole show every week.

I predict a final finish of anywhere between 4th and our beloved 16th.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 5735 viewsgazza1

MB is taking some of the pressures from the players and I understand that but he will be appalled at some of our work on the pitch yesterday from individuals......the ref did not help but he was not the fault for poor passes, bad decision making, poor crosses, bad defending and much more.

A disappointing performance from the Team yesterday - I was expecting much better, for sure..
Login to get fewer ads

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:10 - Sep 4 with 5692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 08:39 - Sep 4 by gazza1

MB is taking some of the pressures from the players and I understand that but he will be appalled at some of our work on the pitch yesterday from individuals......the ref did not help but he was not the fault for poor passes, bad decision making, poor crosses, bad defending and much more.

A disappointing performance from the Team yesterday - I was expecting much better, for sure..

Agreed.

When Blackburn were on the run-in for the title they drew at Leeds, losing ground in the process and potentially adding to the narrative that as first-timers they wouldn't handle the pressure. Dalglish picked one point for all of his post-match interviews - My Fault. I changed the formation a bit, I tweaked things, I changed the tactics slightly. I won't do that again. New headlines. New story. Pressure diverted. Superb management.

Whether Beale believes in what he's saying or whether he's pulling a Kenny, hats off to him.

Dig down, though, and you're right - the players passing was off too often, decision making was poor, off-the-ball running was often sub-standard. These are the basics in our game, in any game, and we weren't good enough often enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:47 - Sep 4 with 5581 viewsfrancisbowles

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:10 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

When Blackburn were on the run-in for the title they drew at Leeds, losing ground in the process and potentially adding to the narrative that as first-timers they wouldn't handle the pressure. Dalglish picked one point for all of his post-match interviews - My Fault. I changed the formation a bit, I tweaked things, I changed the tactics slightly. I won't do that again. New headlines. New story. Pressure diverted. Superb management.

Whether Beale believes in what he's saying or whether he's pulling a Kenny, hats off to him.

Dig down, though, and you're right - the players passing was off too often, decision making was poor, off-the-ball running was often sub-standard. These are the basics in our game, in any game, and we weren't good enough often enough.

Yesterday was no great surprise to me. Two good wins and then a trip to a team that was desperate for their first home win, in a week all with the same starting eleven.

Swansea were well set up to nullify our play They and their manager should be credited with that. They had been unfortunate to drop points in some of their prior results. They are a better team than early season form suggests.

We did look mentally tired and our passing was off. Not much went our way with the referee or the many challenges where the ball squirmed out to an opponent and our attacks broke down as a consequence. We got punished for an error similar to one that Sam had got away with in a recent match. Some days you get the breaks and some you don't.

The squad hasn't given him too many real options to change things so far, but hopefully, with those two new players coming off the bench yesterday and the others to return at some time, there will be a greater chance of rest and rotate in future three in a week scenarios.

Ninth with a 323 in results and eleven points. Not too bad at this stage as we try and build for the marathon ahead.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:35 - Sep 4 with 5401 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:46 - Sep 3 by daveB

I really like Beale, very honest in his interviews, perhaps a bit too honest at times but I really want him to do well here

This being his first managerial job, there’s a wonderful innocence to him.

It appears that his enjoying it and learning exponentially. If this goes well for him, he could go a long way in the game.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 5285 viewsLblock

I did think he could’ve reacted to their 4-1-3-2 set up but I said in match we looked leggy.
That’s going to happen in a three match week with our fairly frugal squad depth.

However in the cold light of day; if that’s considered a poor performance then a good bar has been set for away games.
A draw would not have flattered us and I’ve seen far, far worse from us in recent month’s

Finally, fair play to Beale for his post match, much better than Warburton’s repetitive inane stock lines he’d roll out.
Novice Park Rangers we may be but I’m encouraged in defeat

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 5129 viewsRuislipHoop

IMO,Dickie and Dunne are not the same players as they were last year,Dickie seems to have had a hand in most of the goals we have conceded.Wouldnt be surprised if after the break these two are dropped.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:10 - Sep 4 with 5020 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Big of Beale to accept some blame for the defeat because he was also at fault for neither refreshing the team nor reacting quickly enough to Swansea's tactics. That said, I'm mystified by the comment about the high line. These defenders didn't play a high line under Warburton. Given this, and Dickie and Dunne's lack of pace, I very much doubt they'd instinctively do so.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 4992 viewsdistortR

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 10:35 - Sep 4 by PlanetHonneywood

This being his first managerial job, there’s a wonderful innocence to him.

It appears that his enjoying it and learning exponentially. If this goes well for him, he could go a long way in the game.

he should be like the Queen - "Don't explain, don't complain"
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:20 - Sep 4 with 4973 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:10 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

I agree that it helps to take some pressure off players but in this instance I think it was true; Beale didn't perform well yesterday. IMHO Beale lacks enough confidence in the squad players he inherited to rotate the team. As his signings get fit and up-to-speed I suspect we'll see him make more use of the squad.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:06 - Sep 4 with 4892 viewsManinBlack

The Swans had gone 4 without a win so morally it was our duty to lose as we like helping others in distress and the ref played his part on taking pity on them too. Just another game where we concede first and then can't get a goal back. It seems under Beale we have to get the first goal and we really struggle scoring in the second half. Like last season it appears we don't want to draw too often. Much work to be done.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:13 - Sep 4 with 4845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:10 - Sep 4 by Benny_the_Ball

Big of Beale to accept some blame for the defeat because he was also at fault for neither refreshing the team nor reacting quickly enough to Swansea's tactics. That said, I'm mystified by the comment about the high line. These defenders didn't play a high line under Warburton. Given this, and Dickie and Dunne's lack of pace, I very much doubt they'd instinctively do so.

Good point about the "high line" comment.

Strange one. If they were doing something he didn;t like, he surely should have been able to change it during the game?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:43 - Sep 4 with 4774 viewsTacticalR

From a previous discussion:
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) by TacticalR 6 Jul 2022 21:26
Isn't one of Beale's big things letting the players make decisions? It's going to be an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

No doubt the decison was made at the players' special bi-weekly meeting.

Air hostess clique

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 20:35 - Sep 4 with 4472 viewsdmm

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:43 - Sep 4 by TacticalR

From a previous discussion:
Tyler Roberts ( incoming) by TacticalR 6 Jul 2022 21:26
Isn't one of Beale's big things letting the players make decisions? It's going to be an anarcho-syndicalist commune.

No doubt the decison was made at the players' special bi-weekly meeting.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 21:14 - Sep 4 with 4400 viewskensalriser

On the basis of the second half - I didn't see the first - I thought we deserved a draw. We did nearly all the attacking but nothing really came off and Swansea looked content to just soak up the pressure.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 22:24 - Sep 4 with 4266 viewsGroveR

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 15:13 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Good point about the "high line" comment.

Strange one. If they were doing something he didn;t like, he surely should have been able to change it during the game?

I thought the high line against Hull looked very intentional and was superbly executed as it got Willock and Chair on the ball in their defensive 3rd which is exactly where they're most dangerous and totally nullified Estupinian who has looked pretty handy in the box.

The problem with it is you need two ratting midfielders knocking their bòllocks off for 90mins and a back four stepping out as one and even then, it's still risky. Haven't seen the Hull goal back again but it looks like either just offside, Paal is slow stepping out or Kakay gets caught facing the wrong way.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:12 - Sep 5 with 4041 viewsTheChef

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 14:20 - Sep 4 by Benny_the_Ball

I agree that it helps to take some pressure off players but in this instance I think it was true; Beale didn't perform well yesterday. IMHO Beale lacks enough confidence in the squad players he inherited to rotate the team. As his signings get fit and up-to-speed I suspect we'll see him make more use of the squad.

I don't know about lacking confidence in the squad. Given how well that team had done in the last two games you can't entirely blame him for sticking with the same eleven.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 17:34 - Sep 5 with 3769 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 09:12 - Sep 5 by TheChef

I don't know about lacking confidence in the squad. Given how well that team had done in the last two games you can't entirely blame him for sticking with the same eleven.

By his own admission the team was tired after their exertions against Watford and Hull, and with 3 games in a week he should've freshened things up. This suggests to me that he has little confidence in certain players he inherited (e.g. Thomas, Bonne, Masterson) to step in and do a job. On quite a few occasions he's stated that QPR will be a better team once Taylor, Tyler, and Luke are fit and now you can add Tim to that list.
Beale accepts some blame after QPR defeat today on 19:27 - Sep 5 with 3702 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Tired my arse. They played 3 games of football in a week, (as did Swansea and almost every other team in the league!), not working down a fvckin mine all week. More like complacency and a hefty side portion of just couldn't be arsed to out the effort in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024