Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 58875 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 20:42 - Sep 8 with 3865 viewsMrSheen

Well said Brian and Robith, however irrational the role might appear, the person is another matter.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 20:42]
The Queen on 20:42 - Sep 8 with 3865 viewsB_Wad

Condolences from the States. Many here also have heavy hearts today.
The Queen on 20:49 - Sep 8 with 3796 viewsdistortR

The Queen on 20:42 - Sep 8 by MrSheen

Well said Brian and Robith, however irrational the role might appear, the person is another matter.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 20:42]

Yeah,I'm not the biggest fan of the institution, but your post on monarchies tending to be the countries with the greatest liberty, gave me food for thought.

But, she was a truly dignified and admirable leader, and, god knows, that's not something we say much. RIP a remarkable person.
The Queen on 20:53 - Sep 8 with 3756 viewsStanisgod

The Queen on 20:22 - Sep 8 by mikeygunn

I’m embarrassed that he was once my favourite QPR player

Someone give him bicycle kick in the head 😞🤕

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The Queen on 20:58 - Sep 8 with 3697 viewsMrSheen

The Queen on 20:49 - Sep 8 by distortR

Yeah,I'm not the biggest fan of the institution, but your post on monarchies tending to be the countries with the greatest liberty, gave me food for thought.

But, she was a truly dignified and admirable leader, and, god knows, that's not something we say much. RIP a remarkable person.

12 out of the top 15 most free countries are monarchies by the standards of the survey, though Barbados has since left. She was queen of about 5 of them, others include most of Scandinavia Netherlands and Japan. Strong survivor bias in the survey though, monarchies where the king drank the blood of virgins two centuries ago are now republics, where the president may or may not drink the blood of virgins now.

The Economist had an article on the Chilean constitution referendum about the stability of written constitutions. Apparently France is on its 16th since 1789, and Macron is considering a 17th.
The Queen on 21:10 - Sep 8 with 3618 viewsted_hendrix

Never accepted the Monarchy and that won't change.

At the same time I have to admit that for as long as I can remember the Queen somehow had the certain something about her that quitely appealed to me whereas the rest of the Royal Family didn't and don't and that won't change either.

Been talking to the Missus at length tonight, she's as surprised as I am in that I feel a genuine sadness now that the Queen has Passed, I can't put It another way other than It feels like the end of an era.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Queen on 21:37 - Sep 8 with 3454 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 20:20 - Sep 8 by qpr_1968

surely 10 days after her death is on the 18th, which is a sunday.

It depends if you’re counting today as day 1.
The Queen on 21:38 - Sep 8 with 3443 viewshantssi

The Queen on 21:10 - Sep 8 by ted_hendrix

Never accepted the Monarchy and that won't change.

At the same time I have to admit that for as long as I can remember the Queen somehow had the certain something about her that quitely appealed to me whereas the rest of the Royal Family didn't and don't and that won't change either.

Been talking to the Missus at length tonight, she's as surprised as I am in that I feel a genuine sadness now that the Queen has Passed, I can't put It another way other than It feels like the end of an era.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II.

I’m not sure if I agree with this or robith’s more but they sum up how I feel now.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 21:40]
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 3396 viewsMalintabuk

Just back from a vigil in our little town here in Thanet
The place was packed and people were both sad and scared in a way in what will lie ahead for the country
As my good lady said it maybe a blessing that the Queen will not see the turmoil our country is going to have to endure these next few years, as she worked so hard to unite us.
An impromptu band struck up a QSTK and I just couldn't sing it
She was a rock in my life that I never met, a standard in my life that I doubt I ever reached, a stability in my life I never realised.
I have read this thread through watery eyes, my wife's mother who is 99 has had 5 monarchs now was in tears and our granddaughter who is 16 is also in tears.
The pure embodiment of our country that may never recover from this for a generation
Thank you your maj for .... well as Paddington said....... for everything
The Queen on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 3399 viewsNoelmc

I'm certainly not a monarchist but she was the very definition of a 'class act'.

All the years of duty and experience made her probably the greatest diplomat the world has ever seen. We will never see her like again.

It was wonderful that she had a 'nice death' with no long-term illness or big deterioration in physical or metal capabilities - she was working up to the day before her passing.

RIP Ma'am. You will be hugely missed.
The Queen on 21:47 - Sep 8 with 3358 viewsLblock

The Queen on 21:44 - Sep 8 by Malintabuk

Just back from a vigil in our little town here in Thanet
The place was packed and people were both sad and scared in a way in what will lie ahead for the country
As my good lady said it maybe a blessing that the Queen will not see the turmoil our country is going to have to endure these next few years, as she worked so hard to unite us.
An impromptu band struck up a QSTK and I just couldn't sing it
She was a rock in my life that I never met, a standard in my life that I doubt I ever reached, a stability in my life I never realised.
I have read this thread through watery eyes, my wife's mother who is 99 has had 5 monarchs now was in tears and our granddaughter who is 16 is also in tears.
The pure embodiment of our country that may never recover from this for a generation
Thank you your maj for .... well as Paddington said....... for everything

Superb words mate

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 22:40 - Sep 8 with 3115 viewsKonk

Not a Royalist by any stretch, but she was a great servant to this country. Dignified, hard working, and a steadying presence. Doubt we’ll see her likes again. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The Queen on 23:35 - Sep 8 with 2934 viewsthame_hoops

The Queen on 20:53 - Sep 8 by Stanisgod

Someone give him bicycle kick in the head 😞🤕

TalkSPORT have got involved now, They’ve commented on his tweet and said it’s not representative view of what they think
The Queen on 23:43 - Sep 8 with 2895 viewspaulparker

Gutted
A wonderful woman and a fantastic monarch
RIP
GSTQ

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Queen on 04:06 - Sep 9 with 2687 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Queen on 21:44 - Sep 8 by Noelmc

I'm certainly not a monarchist but she was the very definition of a 'class act'.

All the years of duty and experience made her probably the greatest diplomat the world has ever seen. We will never see her like again.

It was wonderful that she had a 'nice death' with no long-term illness or big deterioration in physical or metal capabilities - she was working up to the day before her passing.

RIP Ma'am. You will be hugely missed.

First thing that crossed my mind Noelmc she slipped away peacefully and quickly with her family holding her its softens the blow a little .
When I was small I remember how much my mother admired and respected the Queen and I am thinking of them together tonight.
RIP Queen Elizabeth you wore that heavy crown with class your whole reign and my whole life .
The Queen on 04:15 - Sep 9 with 2682 viewsLblock

The Queen on 04:06 - Sep 9 by CLAREMAN1995

First thing that crossed my mind Noelmc she slipped away peacefully and quickly with her family holding her its softens the blow a little .
When I was small I remember how much my mother admired and respected the Queen and I am thinking of them together tonight.
RIP Queen Elizabeth you wore that heavy crown with class your whole reign and my whole life .

Agreed

Thinking about it “classy” is not a word you often hear used to describe the Queen but she was just that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 06:42 - Sep 9 with 2523 viewsRanger_Things

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiQw1g6K7md/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
The Queen on 07:04 - Sep 9 with 2482 viewsPaddyhoops

Her visit to Ireland did more for Anglo / Irish relations than any politician
Has ever done .
Not a Royalist by any stretch of the imagination but she means a lot to this country and deserves respect. RIP.
The Queen on 07:41 - Sep 9 with 2375 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Queen on 23:35 - Sep 8 by thame_hoops

TalkSPORT have got involved now, They’ve commented on his tweet and said it’s not representative view of what they think

It's pretty hypocritical of them considering how woke they and other media organisations have been over the last few years. The solemn tone every commentator adopts as teams go through the 'taking a knee' ritual is ultimately the empty gesture it always appeared to be.

Probably the wrong time to make that tweet but.....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/02/buckingham-palace-banned-ethnic-
The Queen on 07:41 - Sep 9 with 2381 viewspeejaybee

Would have loved to have had her as a neighbour

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

The Queen on 07:43 - Sep 9 with 2372 viewsBklynRanger

The Queen on 22:40 - Sep 8 by Konk

Not a Royalist by any stretch, but she was a great servant to this country. Dignified, hard working, and a steadying presence. Doubt we’ll see her likes again. RIP.

I'd echo all of that.
The Queen on 08:07 - Sep 9 with 2287 viewsdaveB

The Queen on 23:35 - Sep 8 by thame_hoops

He'll get the sack and probably struggle for work again.
I worry a bit for him, clearly has a lot of issues, not the first thing like this he's done. You see what happoened with Clarke Carlisle a few years back when people lose everything and go to a dark place. Calls for him to be removed from forever rs etc don't sit right with me. I read some of the political views of other former players and think they are idiots but doesn't change that they were good footballers for us who deserved recgonition for their service to QPR.

Of course he is an idiot for posting that but he's not alone in those views, i saw quite a few tweets along the same lines yesterday. It does feel a bit of a witch hunt against him, todays cancel culture is really horrible.
The Queen on 08:17 - Sep 9 with 2242 viewsMiss_Terraces

Like more than a few on here, I'm anti monarchy but I'm glad it was her that was the Queen.
I can't believe she has gone, she has been an absolute huge part in the make up of this country. RIP Elizabeth x

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

The Queen on 08:20 - Sep 9 with 2221 viewstraininvain

RIP to her majesty the queen. Sobering moment stood in a Glasgow pub last night and they played the national anthem with most punters stood up. Speaks volumes about how well respected she was.
The Queen on 08:40 - Sep 9 with 2144 viewsDWQPR

The Queen on 08:07 - Sep 9 by daveB

He'll get the sack and probably struggle for work again.
I worry a bit for him, clearly has a lot of issues, not the first thing like this he's done. You see what happoened with Clarke Carlisle a few years back when people lose everything and go to a dark place. Calls for him to be removed from forever rs etc don't sit right with me. I read some of the political views of other former players and think they are idiots but doesn't change that they were good footballers for us who deserved recgonition for their service to QPR.

Of course he is an idiot for posting that but he's not alone in those views, i saw quite a few tweets along the same lines yesterday. It does feel a bit of a witch hunt against him, todays cancel culture is really horrible.

Nothing to do about cancel culture at all. If Sinclair has his views that’s fine with me but there is a time and a place and the passing of our Queen yesterday at a time of huge national grief was not the time. He should take a leaf out of such people as for example the leaders of Sein Fein who in their website have provided a sincere and dignified response. Maybe Sinclair does not realise that Her Majesty was at odds with Margaret Thatcher over her refusal to apply sanctions against the apartheid regime of South Africa. The Queen led a respectful and dignified life. Sinclair, well based on his recent record, if it was not for his undoubted footballing talent, well we know where he would have ended up.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024