Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen 13:08 - Sep 8 with 58880 viewsSuperhoops2808

As if we didnt need more rubbish news, now the Queen appears to be very poorly
The Queen on 19:10 - Sep 8 with 3634 viewsHaslingtonR

The RMT have cancelled the rail strikes.
The Queen on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 3609 viewsDWQPR

I took my son to the jubilee pageant in June and we were fortunate to get close to the Palace at the end of the parade. He managed to see the Queen on the balcony. At the time we both thought that this would be the last jubilee at least until he was in his fifties. We had such a good day.

God bless you Ma’am and thank you. RIP.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Queen on 19:18 - Sep 8 with 3515 viewsdanehoop

RIP Your Majesty

oddly feels like I just lost a well loved aunt.

Never knowingly understood

The Queen on 19:30 - Sep 8 with 3395 viewskensalriser

The Queen on 19:09 - Sep 8 by QPR_Jim

Such sad news, RIP your majesty.

It's strange saying that there's a king now. I hope in a way that they keep her image on money and stamps but it's probably not allowed.

Currency in circulation will not be withdrawn - the old one and two shilling pieces bearing George's head were still around even long after decimalisation.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Queen on 19:31 - Sep 8 with 3382 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ah what sad news.
Whatever your views on the monarchy she served our country for 70 years with dignity, dedication and without personal scandal and was loved and respected by so many throughout the world.

God bless her.
The Queen on 19:44 - Sep 8 with 3262 viewsMrSheen

The Queen on 19:12 - Sep 8 by DWQPR

I took my son to the jubilee pageant in June and we were fortunate to get close to the Palace at the end of the parade. He managed to see the Queen on the balcony. At the time we both thought that this would be the last jubilee at least until he was in his fifties. We had such a good day.

God bless you Ma’am and thank you. RIP.

The only time I ever saw was the Euro 96 final! We happened to have tickets near the Royal Box. Helmut Kohl was a massive fat bloke. I imagine United or Arsenal fans were on first name terms.

I was a dyed in the wool republican until I hit 50, but she was an amazing character. Would we be lamenting the passing of President Mandelson or Archer?
The Queen on 19:45 - Sep 8 with 3243 viewsMick_S

The Queen on 19:31 - Sep 8 by Ned_Kennedys

Ah what sad news.
Whatever your views on the monarchy she served our country for 70 years with dignity, dedication and without personal scandal and was loved and respected by so many throughout the world.

God bless her.

Well said, Ned. I’ve been trying to put this into words and you’ve done it for me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Queen on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 3183 viewsDWQPR

The Queen on 19:30 - Sep 8 by kensalriser

Currency in circulation will not be withdrawn - the old one and two shilling pieces bearing George's head were still around even long after decimalisation.

New coins, bank notes and stamps. Even new doors on post boxes. CR instead of ER

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

The Queen on 19:54 - Sep 8 with 3177 viewsPunteR

Ah what sad news.

God bless her.

Sums up my thoughts too.
RIP

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Queen on 19:55 - Sep 8 with 3172 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never been a fan of Monarchies, but it’s not as if she had a choice as to her day job. Always felt for people born into it. Seems a tough gig to me.

Important anyway to separate her position from her humanity, and just like all human beings who pass away all you can do is hope that she found happiness in her life on Earth and wish her the best in the next life if there is one and rest and peace if there isn’t.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam, and sympathies to the Royalists amongst you. I know she meant a lot to you.

RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Queen on 19:56 - Sep 8 with 3169 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wondered about the money etc.

I assume that the funeral will be some kind of bank holiday will it?

Day of mourning or something?
The Queen on 19:59 - Sep 8 with 3132 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 19:56 - Sep 8 by TGRRRSSS

I wondered about the money etc.

I assume that the funeral will be some kind of bank holiday will it?

Day of mourning or something?

I heard the bbc say that it will be in 10 days time,which probably means 17th September.Probably no game next weekend either.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 20:08]
The Queen on 20:02 - Sep 8 with 3096 viewsDiscodroids

Ah what sad news.

God bless her.

I'm wearing Concrete boots of total sadness tonight Ned, Thank you for those beautiful words.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Queen on 20:07 - Sep 8 with 3070 viewsTGRRRSSS

The Queen on 19:59 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

I heard the bbc say that it will be in 10 days time,which probably means 17th September.Probably no game next weekend either.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 20:08]

SOmeone told me today (at work discussing it) it couldnt be on a Saturday.
The Queen on 20:07 - Sep 8 with 3061 viewsHayesender

Trev making a cnt of himself again

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Queen on 20:11 - Sep 8 with 3005 viewsstowmarketrange

The Queen on 20:07 - Sep 8 by TGRRRSSS

SOmeone told me today (at work discussing it) it couldnt be on a Saturday.

It would make more sense as more people could watch it on tv,but I’m not sure when it could be really.
The Queen on 20:12 - Sep 8 with 2989 viewsRangersw12

The Queen on 20:07 - Sep 8 by Hayesender

The racist wrong un is probably drunk again

Embarrassed he ever played for our club
The Queen on 20:20 - Sep 8 with 2903 viewsqpr_1968

The Queen on 20:11 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

It would make more sense as more people could watch it on tv,but I’m not sure when it could be really.

surely 10 days after her death is on the 18th, which is a sunday.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The Queen on 20:21 - Sep 8 with 2889 viewsLblock

My old Nan always said that Madge and her Mum were inspirational for her.
She felt they saw us through the war whilst being calm, demure, friendly and warm. If my Nan thought someone was a good ‘un then they usually would be.

In a lot of ways I always thought my Nan was cut from the same stone as the Queen.
Strong, resolute, unselfish, loved her country (hated Hitler!!) and always made you feel they were calm and unflappable but had a bit about ‘em.

It’s been said a million times but we’ll never see another like her.

RIP your majesty and, as Paddington Bear said, thank you………for everything

GSTK

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Queen on 20:22 - Sep 8 with 2883 viewsmikeygunn

The Queen on 20:07 - Sep 8 by Hayesender

I’m embarrassed that he was once my favourite QPR player
The Queen on 20:23 - Sep 8 with 2876 viewsflynnbo

RIP.
The Queen on 20:23 - Sep 8 with 2870 viewskensalriser

The Queen on 19:52 - Sep 8 by DWQPR

New coins, bank notes and stamps. Even new doors on post boxes. CR instead of ER

Going forward yes, but they won't be withdrawing the old. There are still GR postboxes in use.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Queen on 20:26 - Sep 8 with 2847 viewsJuzzie

RIP Ma’am.

As others have said, whatever people think of the monarchy she always carried herself with great dignity and worked very hard even with her privileged life.

Longest ever reigning monarch which in turn led Charles to be the longest ever heir in waiting and the oldest king to succeed to the throne.
The Queen on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 2800 viewsizlingtonhoop

Rewrite time John.

God save the King.
It's a fascist groove thing.
The Queen on 20:35 - Sep 8 with 2748 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

The Queen on 20:23 - Sep 8 by kensalriser

Going forward yes, but they won't be withdrawing the old. There are still GR postboxes in use.

Yep we have quite a few GR ones in Ipswich. Seen a couple of VR around in Suffolk too. They will keep some ER around
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024