Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The clear the air meeting 23:05 - Apr 10 with 6242 views1JD

“We were in all day for real open talks about how we need to approach this.
“We had a little bit of a change in how we played”.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-reveals-clear-the-air-meeting-with

A clear change in style today, less aimless long balls, more passing. And quite clearly driven by the players. I hope it’s not too late
The clear the air meeting on 23:10 - Apr 10 with 5301 viewsthame_hoops

How on earth is it even possible to Spackman yourself?
The clear the air meeting on 00:06 - Apr 11 with 5133 viewsHayesender

And no loan players in the starting 11. Very telling me thinks!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The clear the air meeting on 08:21 - Apr 11 with 4628 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Reading that it looks like the players have told Ainsworth they are not prepared to play hoof ball.
Ans as pointed out, no loans in starting 11.

Not great for Ainsworth that the players seem to be picking the team and style. Mutiny in the ranks!
The clear the air meeting on 09:12 - Apr 11 with 4467 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The clear the air meeting on 08:21 - Apr 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Reading that it looks like the players have told Ainsworth they are not prepared to play hoof ball.

Not great for Ainsworth that the players seem to be picking the team and style. Mutiny in the ranks!

Some mental gymnastics to deduce that.

Every silver lining has a cloud eh!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 9:13]
The clear the air meeting on 09:14 - Apr 11 with 4472 viewsRs_Holy

just as I was starting to feel slightly positive about life.... DEEP SIGH!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 9:40]
The clear the air meeting on 09:29 - Apr 11 with 4383 viewswesty

Nobody can tell you what to believe but seriously if people think that’s the case there is no hope for some. GA isn’t a novice when it comes to management I’m sure he can deal with the Greats at QPR. Ffs now they have a good game and it’s not GA but the players, so on that basis why are people moaning about him previously if it’s nothing to do with him.
Hilarious.
I’d love to know on what basis this performance was the players telling GA it’s their way or no way.

So GA gets accused by some morons of being one dimensional and only capable of Hoofball then when he’s had a bit of time with his returning supposed better players and got his point across in an 11 hour shift then it’s of the players own making. You couldn’t make this shit up oh wait someone already has 😂.
The clear the air meeting on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 4312 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't really see that.

For a start, I thought we played good football towards the end of Friday's game, without the need for a mutiny or anything that dramatic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The clear the air meeting on 09:44 - Apr 11 with 4273 viewsE15Hoop

JD - I'm beginning to think you've got a personal agenda against GA, in spite of our debate yesterday. Why?
Login to get fewer ads

The clear the air meeting on 09:59 - Apr 11 with 4196 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I don't have a lot of time for this. Your rhetoric is clearly lead by your desired outcome; which is to pan Ainsworth no matter the evidence.

The positive spin on your observation is that he's consulted the players he has no choice but to trust and in the space of two days come up with a style and performance, away from home, in a relegation scrap, against a good side that showed spirit and competence. That clearly makes him more adaptable than people believed he could be and it looks like on yesterday's evidence the players appreciate it and are going with him.

The mistakes were still there but this time they were the reason we didn't win the game, rather than the difference between us losing 2-0 and 4-0.

If we can play like yesterday for another 6 games and clear up the mistakes a little bit, I think we'll stay up.

I think they all - players and manager - deserve enormous credit for yesterday.
The clear the air meeting on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 4114 viewsBerkoRanger

And I agree with you, PS.
I can't see GA spending 13 hours in a players meeting on Saturday being told by them how things will work in future. I did actually post on another thread that there would be a clear the air meeting - and watching the Post Match interview last night it was clear to me that Saturdays long day had gone well. Gareth was almost ecstatic.
The clear the air meeting on 10:24 - Apr 11 with 4080 viewsenfieldargh

I think he may have a point about the player revolution, what was telling was how they all gave a V sign to GA when they scored

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The clear the air meeting on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 3980 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The clear the air meeting on 09:12 - Apr 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some mental gymnastics to deduce that.

Every silver lining has a cloud eh!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 9:13]

Fck me, a upvote from Ned Kennedy! I’m getting that framed!
The clear the air meeting on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 3921 viewsjoe90

Truth is we don't know what the relationship is like between the players, but I think judging by the results there's more than likely some issues.

However GA sets up it's still down to the players to give 100% on the pitch and to some extent that is out of his hands. The players have to take responsibility for their actions which have brought us to the brink of relegation.

If GA is willing to change his style of play to suite the players and the players can show that it works, that is good for everyone.
The clear the air meeting on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 3674 viewsMrSheen

The clear the air meeting on 09:40 - Apr 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't really see that.

For a start, I thought we played good football towards the end of Friday's game, without the need for a mutiny or anything that dramatic.

I had that heretical feeling on Friday too. I put it down to Lowe getting involved so we had more possession around their box, but it was probably just switching a defender for an attacker and Preston not being too bothered about scoring again.
The clear the air meeting on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 3606 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that the players revolted. I very much doubt that during said "mutiny" Jimmy Dunne pressed for a role at right-back.
The clear the air meeting on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 3436 viewsR_from_afar

A person might infer that the players told GA the style needed to change but there is no hard evidence for it in the WLS article or GA video.

Gareth makes points about more effort and determination and being less defeatist, also about getting more, better quality crosses in so we can do what Dykes did yesterday.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The clear the air meeting on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 3320 viewsE15Hoop

The clear the air meeting on 13:00 - Apr 11 by R_from_afar

A person might infer that the players told GA the style needed to change but there is no hard evidence for it in the WLS article or GA video.

Gareth makes points about more effort and determination and being less defeatist, also about getting more, better quality crosses in so we can do what Dykes did yesterday.

Afar, me old china, you are being a little too kind to the OP, I believe..
I'm afraid he is of the sadly mistaken opinion that our gaggle of realtively inexperienced youngsters with some undoubted talent mixed together with our battle-hardened but possibly past their true sell-by doubt vets were on the way to being transformed to play like the Man City of the Championship before the PBBC did his well-documented number on us.
He's not happy that people would dare to suggest that our beloved Wild Thing has a slightly more realistic and pragmatic view, and is setting the team up to achieve a certain short-term goal in as short a timeframe as possible..
The clear the air meeting on 13:35 - Apr 11 with 3273 viewsPinnerPaul

Lots of assumptions in that post!

"Players picking the team" - there has been some drivel written the past few weeks, but that's certainly up there with the best/worst.
The clear the air meeting on 13:46 - Apr 11 with 3223 viewsThird_Division_South

If you think that footballers who are used to doing 2 or 3 hours training and going home locked the coaching staff in for 11 hours to tell them how they want to play I give up, but it suits people’s anti GA agenda.
The clear the air meeting on 14:03 - Apr 11 with 3077 viewsLblock

The clear the air meeting on 12:01 - Apr 11 by Benny_the_Ball

I'm not sure how you reached the conclusion that the players revolted. I very much doubt that during said "mutiny" Jimmy Dunne pressed for a role at right-back.

I dunno

I’ve felt for a while now that most of these players are revolting

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The clear the air meeting on 14:05 - Apr 11 with 3070 viewsBurnleyhoop

There is one thing for sure, Ainsworth and the players need to be on the same page and find the right balance of pragmatism and control that suits the players we select. If both the manager and players are comfortable with the collective agreed approach, then we can expect the best outcome possible relative to the opposition.

That is the first time in ages we have shown some desire, belief and solidarity to recover from what looked like another demoralising defeat. That is massive progress and appears to have been achieved by a manager prepared to sit down with the entire team and discuss, openly and honestly, how we go about digging ourselves out of this hole.

Football is a team game and if there is one thing that derails performances and results, it is disharmony and low morale amongst the group.

The result, but more importantly the performance at West Brom was huge and could be the catalyst that saves our bacon. Or it could be another false dawn. Saturday will be interesting.

Kudos to the away support by the way, sang throughout, even when 2 nil down. Absolute heroes.
The clear the air meeting on 15:03 - Apr 11 with 2863 viewsDorse

The clear the air meeting on 14:05 - Apr 11 by Burnleyhoop

There is one thing for sure, Ainsworth and the players need to be on the same page and find the right balance of pragmatism and control that suits the players we select. If both the manager and players are comfortable with the collective agreed approach, then we can expect the best outcome possible relative to the opposition.

That is the first time in ages we have shown some desire, belief and solidarity to recover from what looked like another demoralising defeat. That is massive progress and appears to have been achieved by a manager prepared to sit down with the entire team and discuss, openly and honestly, how we go about digging ourselves out of this hole.

Football is a team game and if there is one thing that derails performances and results, it is disharmony and low morale amongst the group.

The result, but more importantly the performance at West Brom was huge and could be the catalyst that saves our bacon. Or it could be another false dawn. Saturday will be interesting.

Kudos to the away support by the way, sang throughout, even when 2 nil down. Absolute heroes.

I made a similar point about the support a few games ago but I was blown away by how the traveling support got behind the team. And the numbers! We're averaging (inc. away bods) just under 14500 at HQ this season which, considering what they've been served up, is nothing short of miraculous. To take 1200 away to a match we (I) thought was shaping up to be a massacre, out-sing the home fans and get any kind of result is just bonkers.

Just when you think you understand this club they chuck something like this at you. I suppose that's why people keep coming back.

Source for the numbers:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/besucherzahlenentwicklung/ve
Some interesting trends there: we're having our best attendances since Ollie. Go figure.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The clear the air meeting on 16:15 - Apr 11 with 2689 viewsE15Hoop

The clear the air meeting on 15:03 - Apr 11 by Dorse

I made a similar point about the support a few games ago but I was blown away by how the traveling support got behind the team. And the numbers! We're averaging (inc. away bods) just under 14500 at HQ this season which, considering what they've been served up, is nothing short of miraculous. To take 1200 away to a match we (I) thought was shaping up to be a massacre, out-sing the home fans and get any kind of result is just bonkers.

Just when you think you understand this club they chuck something like this at you. I suppose that's why people keep coming back.

Source for the numbers:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/besucherzahlenentwicklung/ve
Some interesting trends there: we're having our best attendances since Ollie. Go figure.

..And that notwithstanding, there are still anti-GA people posting on here!
Hopefully, they will be a little quieter now...
The clear the air meeting on 16:22 - Apr 11 with 2664 viewsHarbour

The clear the air meeting on 15:03 - Apr 11 by Dorse

Source for the numbers:

Our fan base are clearly sadists!

Relegation battle more attractive than mid table mediocrity….

But doesn’t explain attraction of the dross we have been served up.
The clear the air meeting on 16:23 - Apr 11 with 2662 viewsterryb

The clear the air meeting on 16:15 - Apr 11 by E15Hoop

..And that notwithstanding, there are still anti-GA people posting on here!
Hopefully, they will be a little quieter now...

As someone who hates his style of playing but feels that we must stay with him, I would say that your personal defence of him is equally wearing!

A better performance yesterday & a deserved point. BUT, at least wait until we play like that consistently before blowing your triumphant trumpet!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 16:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024