Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today I lost my Mum 19:37 - Dec 31 with 7211 viewsToast_R

The last month has been tough watching her deteriorate while also trying hard to keep her beautiful smile for us.

She was the most dedicated and wonderful mother to me and my older brother. Driving us to Saturday league football in all weather, those winter days where it had been pouring with rain, pitches thick with mud and freezing cold. Mum would be dragging us there in her wellies, armed with a flask of coffee and an old ice cream tub of quartered Oranges for the teams half time refreshments. She’d even collect the weekly subs from the other parents. She wasn’t a football fan but she was a dedicated mum.

Taking me to QPR was just a step too far for her as we lived in Merton and travelling to The Bush was just never possible, especially as my Brother had chosen Wimbledon. My Dad on his Saturday’s off would take us to Plough Lane.

My mum did however come back from a school parents evening one time, excited to tell me she’d met my French teacher who as soon as she’d mentioned my name, confirmed to her “yes Queens Park Rangers supporter” and then chatted to her about QPR being a lifelong fan himself. He generously offered to take me to Loftus Road for a match, if she agreed. Cue March 1993 and my first QPR game, a dazzling 3-1 win over Norwich with Les Ferdinand scoring a classic. I never looked back after that. Thanks Flynnbo!

Today is NYE, it feels like the end of the world right now, my heart is broken without her in my life anymore and I’ve hardly slept the last 48 hours and spent many of those at St George’s hospital with my brother. This morning we collected her things and kissed her goodbye for the last time, she was finally free of her pain. For some reason I feel racked with guilt that I couldn’t do more for her, spent more time with her in my adult years. She loved us and her two grandkids until the end.

Sorry guys, needed to get that off my chest.

Toast_r
Today I lost my Mum on 19:42 - Dec 31 with 5009 viewsBoston

Condolences to you and your brother.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Today I lost my Mum on 19:42 - Dec 31 with 5013 viewsQPRSteve

Commiserations mate. Keep her alive in your memory by remembering all the good times.
Today I lost my Mum on 19:57 - Dec 31 with 4960 viewsE15Hoop

We're now very much into "Baby Boomers as OAPs" territory, so sadly I fear we'll have more and more of us LFWites suffering the loss of our parents over the coming months and years.

All the best to you, TR, for the coming days, weeks and months and great to see the Forum rallying round as numerous posters have done previously.
Today I lost my Mum on 19:59 - Dec 31 with 4944 viewsStreathamRanger

She sounds like a wonderful person and from your words it is clear how much she was loved. My dad died earlier this year. It's a tough time and my head's still a bit all over the place. I hope you're surrounded by family and people you love. Take care.
Today I lost my Mum on 20:01 - Dec 31 with 4928 viewsMick_S

Beautiful, mate. You did it there. Good luck.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Today I lost my Mum on 20:02 - Dec 31 with 4921 viewsNoDiddley

As eulogies go that’s up there with the best, my parents have both passed , miss them like mad but time is a great healer.
Chin up mate, may your Mum RIP.
Today I lost my Mum on 20:02 - Dec 31 with 4920 viewsdanehoop

So sorry to hear of your loss mate. She sounds like an amazing and wonderful woman.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Never knowingly understood

Today I lost my Mum on 20:11 - Dec 31 with 4889 viewsloftboy

Feel for you, many condolences,lost my mum on the 3rd November, RIP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Today I lost my Mum on 20:16 - Dec 31 with 4873 viewsPunteR

Sorry Toast.
Massive condolences to you and your family.

Big love mate. You've been on this forum since i started posting on here. Always check your posts out.
So sorry mate you've had to go through this. Hope things settle down a bit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Today I lost my Mum on 20:16 - Dec 31 with 4872 viewsGus_iom

Sorry for your loss.
Today I lost my Mum on 20:30 - Dec 31 with 4831 viewseastside_r

Really sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.
Today I lost my Mum on 20:57 - Dec 31 with 4772 viewsdmm

My condolences to you, Toast R. I also know the profound depth of sadness when you lose a parent.
Today I lost my Mum on 21:00 - Dec 31 with 4765 viewscolinallcars

Sorry to hear that mate - best wishes to you and your folks.
Today I lost my Mum on 21:13 - Dec 31 with 4730 viewswortonr

I’m sure everyone who reads this board is sending you their best.
Today I lost my Mum on 21:15 - Dec 31 with 4721 viewsHarbour

Condolences to you and brother try and remember the good times with your mum she sounds like a wonderful mum. Look after yourself.
Today I lost my Mum on 21:22 - Dec 31 with 4687 viewsessextaxiboy

Today I lost my Mum on 21:15 - Dec 31 by Harbour

Condolences to you and brother try and remember the good times with your mum she sounds like a wonderful mum. Look after yourself.

RIP to your Mum . Look after yourself and your family over the coming days . Take it easy
ETB
Today I lost my Mum on 21:22 - Dec 31 with 4687 viewsbosh67

So sorry to hear this news fella. Love to you and your brother. RIP for your mum x

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Today I lost my Mum on 21:32 - Dec 31 with 4654 viewsLblock

My utmost sympathy and respects to you and your family

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Today I lost my Mum on 21:44 - Dec 31 with 4637 viewsPaddyhoops

She sounded like a gem.
RIP
Today I lost my Mum on 21:56 - Dec 31 with 4594 viewsdannyblue

My sincerest condolences. Glad you have such loving times to look back on.
Today I lost my Mum on 21:59 - Dec 31 with 4588 viewsqpr_1968

a fantastic tribute to your mum toast......there's not really much more i can add to that.

i know you will give her a great and loving send off she deserves..
condolences to you and the rest of your family....

RIP to your mother....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Today I lost my Mum on 22:01 - Dec 31 with 4578 viewsted_hendrix

That was a tough read Toast, It Is obvious you're gonna miss your dear old Mum.

Your memories are going to be precious and they'll stay with you forever.

My sincere condolences.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Today I lost my Mum on 22:03 - Dec 31 with 4570 viewsBluce_Ree

Sorry for your loss, Toast. :(

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Today I lost my Mum on 22:06 - Dec 31 with 4560 viewsNed_Kennedys

So sorry mate, God bless and best wishes to you and all your family.

Posted on here last month when Dad died: everyone’s kind and supportive words helped me.

I know what you mean about feeling guilty but sounds like you and your brother were there loving and supporting your Mum the best you could and I’m sure she appreciated all you did for her.

I’m sure she was a brilliant Mum and grandmother: try to remember all the lovely times you had together and spend time with family to support each other.
Today I lost my Mum on 22:06 - Dec 31 with 4559 viewsAndybrat

Today I lost my Mum on 22:03 - Dec 31 by Bluce_Ree

Sorry for your loss, Toast. :(

Tough but amazing words, lots will read and nod that knowing nod, well done
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024