Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, according to CEO Nourry 17:15 - Feb 6 with 11454 viewsqpr1976

We will no longer be disclosing players contract lengths !
So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 5067 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/february/06/ceo-christian-nourry-on-january-work

I rather like him so far. A breath of fresh air.

A lot of what he says is above my intellect pay grade but it does seem that it's somewhere between exciting and Skynet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:23 - Feb 6 with 5047 viewsE15Hoop

I have to say I thought the piece on the Offish was very well constructed, and its good to hear everything expressed clearly and concisely.

It definitely passes the "CEO who has a clear plan and vision" muster, which after Lee Hoos' often interminable musings hidden beneath a general air of arrogant irritability is a welcome change for the long overdue better.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:50 - Feb 6 with 4892 viewsdmm

It's a novel idea but I must admit I don't understand what advantage there is to not publishing a player's contract length.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:53 - Feb 6 with 4869 viewspaulhoop2

How he described the latest signing will go down in history amongst us all !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:01 - Feb 6 with 4782 viewsDannyPaddox

Do they even let the player know?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:02 - Feb 6 with 4758 viewsJuzzie

So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:50 - Feb 6 by dmm

It's a novel idea but I must admit I don't understand what advantage there is to not publishing a player's contract length.

Maybe it could be to stop other clubs from trying to snaffle up a bargain knowing when a contract might expire?

If a club doesn't disclose the details publicly are there other ways other clubs can find out or is that it, it's pretty much then kept within the players club?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:07 - Feb 6 with 4702 viewsstinkydad

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:02 - Feb 6 by Juzzie

Maybe it could be to stop other clubs from trying to snaffle up a bargain knowing when a contract might expire?

If a club doesn't disclose the details publicly are there other ways other clubs can find out or is that it, it's pretty much then kept within the players club?

Just ask their agent.

Andersen's agent disclosed his contract length on Twitter.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:11 - Feb 6 with 4675 viewsMatch82

So, according to CEO Nourry on 17:50 - Feb 6 by dmm

Increases bargaining power if you're selling a player and the buyers don't know how much time is left on the contract. A theory torpedoed by the fact that there are a thousand ways that that information can otherwise be gained.
Login to get fewer ads

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:13 - Feb 6 with 4656 viewsnumptydumpty

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:02 - Feb 6 by Juzzie

I can kind of understand that logic but also it would not allow us fans to come to many assumptions on players ie he is winding down his contract etc so that all of that is even more massively open just to wild speculation.

Also would keep players less initially tapped up if other clubs had no idea about players circumstances etc. We could release info if and only when we were open to selling specific players.

But as in any business, when employees told none of this goes out of this room, they tell their partners, their mates, their favoured colleagues and then other clubs somehow miraculously come up with the hidden information and bid accordingly.

It would though stop fans speculations and agitations etc about certain players..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:24 - Feb 6 with 4559 viewsbosh67

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:01 - Feb 6 by DannyPaddox

Do they even let the player know?

Judging by some of the performances this season some of the players don't even know they are playing for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:33 - Feb 6 with 4492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm always wary of club officials making pronouncements when they arrive. As fans, we tend to remember these things, and the officials will be measured against them.

Nouury has made two so far - that we would not be active in January and now this one on contract lengths - and he was under no pressure to make either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:45 - Feb 6 with 4409 viewsdanehoop

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:33 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm always wary of club officials making pronouncements when they arrive. As fans, we tend to remember these things, and the officials will be measured against them.

Nouury has made two so far - that we would not be active in January and now this one on contract lengths - and he was under no pressure to make either.

agree Brian. But at the same time there was also complaints from some that the club weren't engaging enough. Think this is at least an attempt to find some middle ground.

Never knowingly understood

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:57 - Feb 6 with 4259 viewsSheffieldHoop

The only people who won't be able to easily find out players contract lengths is fans. Anybody remotely involved will know exactly how long a contract is, and what it is worth.

Just more smoke and mirrors, while we continue to foot the bill.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:10 - Feb 6 with 4203 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I guess if he leaves us in June 2032 we'll know then.

I clicked the link to the interview. Can I ask, which one of the two is the CEO?
[Post edited 6 Feb 19:13]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:48 - Feb 6 with 3987 viewsterryb

I'm also not sure what the club will gain with not disclosing the length of players contracts, but I don't understand why anyone whould think that they should!

Other clubs will surely be able to find out from the player or his agent (providing he's willing to give the information, or possibly from studying the clubs accounts. I don't know if there is break down of the amortisation figure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 3931 viewsCateLeBonR

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:48 - Feb 6 by terryb

I'm also not sure what the club will gain with not disclosing the length of players contracts, but I don't understand why anyone whould think that they should!

Other clubs will surely be able to find out from the player or his agent (providing he's willing to give the information, or possibly from studying the clubs accounts. I don't know if there is break down of the amortisation figure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

I do agree with the sentiment. If you've got a 4 year contract or 4 months left it shouldn't make a difference. We need you anyway. It needed to be said.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 3904 viewsQPR_Jim

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:11 - Feb 6 by Match82

Increases bargaining power if you're selling a player and the buyers don't know how much time is left on the contract. A theory torpedoed by the fact that there are a thousand ways that that information can otherwise be gained.

I assume it will partly reduce speculation from random click bait stories as they won't be able to lazily gather a list of names and make up stories about them.

But I get the impression it's often put about by agents to manufacture a move so I guess if we're still in negotiations and stories start appearing, the club can be more certain it's been leaked by the players agent?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:28 - Feb 6 with 3776 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

So, according to CEO Nourry on 19:48 - Feb 6 by terryb

If the club insert a NDA in to the contract, any discussion where the length of contract is disclosed by either the agent or player, without the agreement of the club would probably be considered a breach.

I like the way he comes across. Appears very clear as to what he wants. The really interesting point is to when he discusses who was involved when signing the players. Then in the next paragraph he says there will be a clear separation between what happened in January and the summer. Data driven, Marti the coach, I'll have final decision over who we sign.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:35 - Feb 6 with 3721 viewsNorthernr

Great start to the job from him, but the contract thing is bolox as is the explanation given for it here.

Football is gossipy. If a club wants to know how long one of our contracts is they’ll just ask the agent.

It makes it look like you’ve got something to hide - like you know you’re having to give out daft deals to get people here (Colback) and don’t want to admit it.

The only people you’re deceiving there is QPR fans who will fill an information vacuum with rumour and counted rumour if their own.

The club are very fortunate this support base have taken its decline in the spirit they have, turning up in big numbers and saying v little by way of dissent. You should be looking to be more open and transparent with those people, not less.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:35 - Feb 6 with 3695 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 18:57 - Feb 6 by SheffieldHoop

The only people who won't be able to easily find out players contract lengths is fans. Anybody remotely involved will know exactly how long a contract is, and what it is worth.

Just more smoke and mirrors, while we continue to foot the bill.

Big agree.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:45 - Feb 6 with 3621 viewsCateLeBonR

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:35 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Big agree.

Why is it important again?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:47 - Feb 6 with 3605 viewsJamieNaz

I work in tech, and it's (unfortunately) full of people who talk like this despite it often also being their first ever job.

Basically, I suspect this is what he thinks is the best way to avoid answering by saying that we've offered 6 month contracts or contracts with relegation release clauses.
So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:52 - Feb 6 with 3554 viewsNorthernr

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:45 - Feb 6 by CateLeBonR

Why is it important again?

It’s not, in the grand scheme of things. But, like I say, this support base has turned up in ridiculous numbers and remarkable humour over two of the worst years in the history of the club with money increasingly tight. The people running this club have made a series of decisions and deals that have driven it to the brink of relegation to the third tier, a once in 50 year event prior to this. They’re now saying in future we’re going to make those deals, and we’re going to tell you even less about them than they were before. Undisclosed fee, undisclosed agent, undisclosed wage, undisclosed contract length. This will quickly backfire either when they land a good one but it turns out he’s going on a free in 6 months, or they land a Richards and we’re all counting the days to him fcking off in the summer and it turns out they’ve given him 4 years.

It’s poor. As Sheffield says, everybody in the sport will know how long these contracts are, the only people you’re depriving is the fans, and given how remarkably patient those fans have been with you what exactly are you achieving?
So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:00 - Feb 6 with 3465 viewsDorse

Have they made any decisions regarding contract widths?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

So, according to CEO Nourry on 21:05 - Feb 6 with 3431 viewsPlanetHonneywood

So, according to CEO Nourry on 20:28 - Feb 6 by Wilkinswatercarrier

If the club insert a NDA in to the contract, any discussion where the length of contract is disclosed by either the agent or player, without the agreement of the club would probably be considered a breach.

I like the way he comes across. Appears very clear as to what he wants. The really interesting point is to when he discusses who was involved when signing the players. Then in the next paragraph he says there will be a clear separation between what happened in January and the summer. Data driven, Marti the coach, I'll have final decision over who we sign.

For there to be an NDA with the agent, surely there'd have to be a seperate contract and thus, some form of consideration between Beck and QPR.

I'm not sure how much he'd be willing to accept, given it would compromise his ability to represent his client in future negotiations and equally, I wouldn't want an agent representing me to be so compromised. Further, I'm sure it's been said that Beck has already said on X or such like, the contract's length.

Not sure if, in submitting accounts, disclosing contract lengths is required as part of asset values. Maybe one of our bean counteing fraternity might advise.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024