Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . 22:32 - Mar 6 with 9174 viewsCLAREMAN1995

That thrilling ending is pure QPR under Marti refusing to lie down and deserving all 3 points just having to settle for 1
Its also pure QPR to get the most incompetent ,horrible ref in charge of one of the most vital games so far .
He did not give that penalty as far as I could see it was the linesman .
The handball /straight red card not spotted was pure Stroud if not way worse .
Paul Smyth was dragged down by the shirt in front of the world yet he simply stood by the throw in to WBA and their nasty defender who just smirked away .
Field I think was smashed into the boards yet he just waved another throw in.
Fox got pushed in the back fell to the ground in a critical late attack yet he made no call only let WBA have the throw /advantage .0
Did I forget anything because he probably made a few more fcuk ups .
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 15:43 - Mar 7 with 1639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 15:07 - Mar 7 by MancR

This fella has definitely been one of the best championship refs in recent years and has always done well when I've seen him live. I'm sure he's been in charge of a least a couple of games when I've done the loft for words report. As others have said, not spotting the handball is easily forgiven and it's a pity he seems to have crashed and burned after.
But he is normally very good and would have him ref our games than most of the clowns we've seen this season.

You must be joking! Missed handball aside, QPR are now 3-5-11 from 19 matches with Eltringham in charge. I'd rather send in the clowns than have him ref another QPR match.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 1557 viewsdaveB

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 13:02 - Mar 7 by saxbend

In fairness to the ref, who while not amazing probably gave a performance ranked in the top half of what I've seen this season, almost no-one spotted that handball. The only people who saw it first time, were Palmer, the camera operators and possibly Frey. VAR might have led to a penalty and a red card, but we don't have VAR yet, and when we do, I would not be surprised if we have a whole different set of complaints to make, given how often you hear Premier League fans moaning about it.

But I'm definitely not going to blame the officials for this one. Kipre gambled and won.

It's literally his job to spot that handball, he's looking right at it

The Smyth shirt pull as well when they gave a throw in, he was awful last night
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:22 - Mar 7 with 1549 viewsderbyhoop

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:41 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

Replays showed that Kipre used his hand to prevent a goal - an offence which would almost certainly have resulted in a red card as well as a penalty had it been spotted.

True. but it wasnt spotted.
TV coverage took 5 view at 3 different angles before they realised Kipre had punched it over. The ref gets 1 look.

Sure, he missed it. Which was a mistake. But hardly a hanging offence.
Only other issue was Pipa trying to nick Paul Smyth's shirt.

I thought he handled the game well

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:35 - Mar 7 with 1495 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 13:02 - Mar 7 by saxbend

In fairness to the ref, who while not amazing probably gave a performance ranked in the top half of what I've seen this season, almost no-one spotted that handball. The only people who saw it first time, were Palmer, the camera operators and possibly Frey. VAR might have led to a penalty and a red card, but we don't have VAR yet, and when we do, I would not be surprised if we have a whole different set of complaints to make, given how often you hear Premier League fans moaning about it.

But I'm definitely not going to blame the officials for this one. Kipre gambled and won.

I very much doubt the ref's rating will be in the top half of what we've seen this season. He was ok when the game was cagey but as soon as QPR notched up the intensity, he lost the plot.

And when push comes to shove, the officials missed a blatant bit of cheating. They are trained and paid to spot these things. No excuses. As Keane would say "It's their job".
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:39 - Mar 7 with 1491 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:22 - Mar 7 by derbyhoop

True. but it wasnt spotted.
TV coverage took 5 view at 3 different angles before they realised Kipre had punched it over. The ref gets 1 look.

Sure, he missed it. Which was a mistake. But hardly a hanging offence.
Only other issue was Pipa trying to nick Paul Smyth's shirt.

I thought he handled the game well

Again, the officials are paid professionals doing a job. I wouldn't expect to keep mine if I'd made such a glaring mistake.

I do wonder if the apologists will be quite as forgiving if QPR fail to stay up by the odd point.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:40 - Mar 7 with 1497 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Going to defend the referee regarding the diving handball. Not a single QPR player appealed, and the crowd was not exactly in up roar (not where I was sitting anyway).

What's the alternative, VAR?

We love the game because of its chaos, not despite it. We'll get one go our way, but it's still jolly annoying.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:44 - Mar 7 with 1477 viewsdaveB

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:40 - Mar 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Going to defend the referee regarding the diving handball. Not a single QPR player appealed, and the crowd was not exactly in up roar (not where I was sitting anyway).

We love the game because of its chaos, not despite it. We'll get one go our way, but it's still jolly annoying.

Frey appealed
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 1439 viewsEastR

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:44 - Mar 7 by daveB

Frey appealed

In German, nobody understood

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 17:11 - Mar 7 with 1389 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 16:40 - Mar 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Frey appealed. And large sections of the crowd boo'd Kipre's every touch thereafter, leading to a flashpoint with fans in the Stanley Bowles stand.

In any event, it's irrelevant how many players or supporters appealed. It's not their job to officiate.

Moreover, there is no guarantee that one will go our way before the end of this season. Even if it does, more incidents like yesterday will eventually result in the introduction of VAR. To avoid VAR, officials need to be getting these key decisions right.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 18:22 - Mar 7 with 1291 viewshoops_legend

Surely every QPR fan wants VAR, barely any decisions go our way

It would also stop smyth going down so easily
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 18:23 - Mar 7 with 1294 viewspaulparker

These championship Refs all look the same , act the same and are all basically fcuking useless tvvats
I’d love to know how many points we have lost in the last few years down to these absolute cretins

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 20:17 - Mar 7 with 1205 viewsdavman

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 01:50 - Mar 7 by Northernr

It's not a zero, but it's not a high mark. Lost control of that entirely. Ended up talking his own brain into giving nonsense stuff out of contrariness. The Frey disallowed goal is offside, but that's not what they've given it for, they've given it for a foul and then retrofitted an offside onto it afterwards.

Catastrophic mishandling of the game.

The offside is even more questionable; it came off the defender.

It was a foul, mind.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 20:38 - Mar 7 with 1166 viewsSuperhoops2808

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 15:43 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

You must be joking! Missed handball aside, QPR are now 3-5-11 from 19 matches with Eltringham in charge. I'd rather send in the clowns than have him ref another QPR match.

Nothing to do with the fact we may have played sh1t during those 11 defeats

Cannot blame the ref all the time.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 21:26 - Mar 7 with 1059 viewsSpaceman_P

The thing with VAR is that on paper it shouldn't ever be wrong.

it should be very simple, you watch the video, you make the decision.

VAR in the championship would of gave us another pen and sent off Kipre.

it blows my mind how they can get VAR wrong.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:33 - Mar 7 with 1008 viewsmart_Goblin

Met with my dad after who was fuming about a handball .

I thought he was talking about the Furlong clearance and from my vantage point at other end of Stanley Bowles stand I said “no he headed it”.

He said no the other one .
“Oh the save by the keeper?”

He said “No , the guy punched it over . Everybody around me in SAR saw it and we were all going bonkers “

My point being enough people in the ground saw it but it’s still not the point . That’s the officials bloody job, whether anybody appeals or not. Exactly the same with the Swansea goal against us . Hardly any of our players appealed but a linesman is looking straight across at it with a clear view. Utter incompetence
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:38 - Mar 7 with 1002 viewsWatfordR

One thing that boiled my p1ss last night was the ref constantly delaying our free kicks to march into the area and tell Albion defenders not to impede our players. Why not just allow the bloody free kick to be taken and if our player is impeded just award a penalty?
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 00:35 - Mar 8 with 911 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 20:38 - Mar 7 by Superhoops2808

Nothing to do with the fact we may have played sh1t during those 11 defeats

Cannot blame the ref all the time.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that darling.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 00:43 - Mar 8 with 906 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:33 - Mar 7 by mart_Goblin

I thought he was talking about the Furlong clearance and from my vantage point at other end of Stanley Bowles stand I said “no he headed it”.

He said “No , the guy punched it over . Everybody around me in SAR saw it and we were all going bonkers “

My point being enough people in the ground saw it but it’s still not the point . That’s the officials bloody job, whether anybody appeals or not. Exactly the same with the Swansea goal against us . Hardly any of our players appealed but a linesman is looking straight across at it with a clear view. Utter incompetence

Thank you for being the first person who didn't see it, not to then try and claim that the whole of LR didn't see it either. I saw it, your dad saw it, as did several others around him.

For all the soft-centred apologists who still can't comprehend the notion of officials doing their job properly, I'll leave the final word to Clive's assessment of a referee he rated 3 out of 10:

"If you want to give him a free pass for the Kipre handball on account of the lack of appeals or whatever story you need to tell yourself then fine. Only gets one look at it, still rather this than VAR etc etc. What cannot be denied is he completely lost control of this in the second half. All too much for him."
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 01:21 - Mar 8 with 897 viewsCiderwithRsie

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:33 - Mar 7 by mart_Goblin

Sound points.

I don't think there's any comparison between what

(a) fans in various parts of the ground can see,

(b) players who are concentrating on there own tasks in the game can see,

and

(c) what the match officials, who are positioned specifically to have a good view, who are trained to look for infringements, and who aren't physically or emotionally involved in a contest, ought be able to spot.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 06:55 - Mar 8 with 812 viewsSunnyVanGo

QPR boss Marti Cifuentes:

"I've been told that West Brom played with two keepers for a while.

"I'm not here to complain. I'm here to make sure my team is better, so if we need to play against two keepers then we need to practice playing against two keepers.

"Football is a game with mistakes and unfortunately refs can make mistakes as well. They have a very difficult job - the second most difficult job, after being a manager.

"On the pitch I thought their keeper made an amazing save - I mean the real keeper. That shows you how difficult the referee's job is. I was shown it (on video) afterwards."

We can be more like Marti.

I loved Gary O’Neil cheating (getting caught) at Wembley.
Brom fans loved Cedric Kipre cheating (not getting caught) at LR.
That’s football.

I could be wrong but I think I see JCS admiringly clarify with Kipre what happened at the end of ext highlights. Professionals make big decisions quickly. Kipre made the right one.

We move on stronger. 💪🏼
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 07:01 - Mar 8 with 806 viewsNorthernr

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 22:38 - Mar 7 by WatfordR

One thing that boiled my p1ss last night was the ref constantly delaying our free kicks to march into the area and tell Albion defenders not to impede our players. Why not just allow the bloody free kick to be taken and if our player is impeded just award a penalty?

You couldn't help but conclude he was trying to slow the game down because he couldn't keep up with it.
Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 09:20 - Mar 8 with 686 viewsSuperhoops2808

Does This Ref Get The First Ever Zero Rating From Clive . on 00:35 - Mar 8 by Benny_the_Ball

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that darling.

What is the matter with you... The facts are there, its not something I made up.

Read this thread and enlighten yourself:

Wednesday's referee by Northernr 4 Mar 16:03
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62068

Apart from 2 games, in which he got a 5 (and we won that one) and a 6, all his ratings are 7 or above and many 8's too regardless of the score line. Are you saying that Clive (renowned for his low marks) has plucked figures out of the air?

Yes he most certainly had a bad day at the office Wednesday night of which not many disagree... BUT the poor record has nothing to do with his ref standard overall and he is far from the Stroud standard.

Like I said, read the facts.. 'Sweetheart'
[Post edited 8 Mar 10:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024