Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 59351 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 18:34 - Apr 16 with 2705 viewsR_from_afar

Begovic on 16:40 - Apr 16 by gazza1

I cannot believe all this fuss about Begovic going to watch Chelsea play.....so f'ing what, who cares. Pretty pathetic comments imho. He is a professional footballer who is working at QPR and supports Chelsea, so f'ing what. I watch Chelsea play - big deal. I support QPR.

All I am interested in is him playing well for our Team but currently and much of the season he hasn't played well and let in sloppy goals and cost us points.

It is possible to disagree politely, without rubbishing other fans' comments, you know.

Being employed by an organisation brings with it an expectation of a certain amount of loyalty. My main issue is Begovic *actively promoting* what he did. He could have been discrete and used some emotional intelligence, just gone along and watched the game without bringing attention to what he was doing.

You wouldn't expect someone who worked for Lenovo to tweet pictures of himself having a coffee in the Dell canteen with a load of Dell employees he used to work with.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Begovic on 19:07 - Apr 16 with 2621 viewsChrisNW6

Begovic on 18:34 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

It is possible to disagree politely, without rubbishing other fans' comments, you know.

Being employed by an organisation brings with it an expectation of a certain amount of loyalty. My main issue is Begovic *actively promoting* what he did. He could have been discrete and used some emotional intelligence, just gone along and watched the game without bringing attention to what he was doing.

You wouldn't expect someone who worked for Lenovo to tweet pictures of himself having a coffee in the Dell canteen with a load of Dell employees he used to work with.

Well I've searched and can't find anything, so it's not something most people would see or know about. Sounds like he was pretty discreet.
Begovic on 19:11 - Apr 16 with 2595 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 18:34 - Apr 16 by R_from_afar

I don't agree with any of your comments basically, but hey sobeit!!!
Begovic on 19:17 - Apr 16 with 2580 viewsgazza1

Begovic on 18:34 - Apr 16 by LongRanger

I think you're missing the point, I'm not easily triggered, far from it, but as someone else said if he went along and quietly enjoyed the game, that's fine, no problem, but to post about it on social and reference 'we', that's not acceptable, its disloyal and shows he has no respect for the club he plays for and pays his wages...or the fans.

Don't think I am missing the point!!! Why should he go along quietly?? They won 6-0 ffs and they are, apparently, his favourite team!!! He probably hates being here (look at the abuse he gets on this very MB) but its his job and you say he is being disloyal!!!

Nah, who cares about him 'giving it' at Chelsea, I want him to perform to a much better standard here at QPR.
Begovic on 19:19 - Apr 16 with 2574 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 18:26 - Apr 16 by Spaceman_P

The fact is guys.... If we get relegated it would likely be Begovic's fault simply for that Plymouth goal.

Should have won that.

Must-Win game on Saturday.

Literal rubbish.

You cannot blame a whole season of failure on ONE mistake.
Begovic on 19:28 - Apr 16 with 2539 viewsNed_Kennedys

Can one of those full of righteous indignation coy and paste the offensive post they have seen please?

I hardly ever go on Instagram but when I searched for his account it came up with a boring picture entitled ‘Chelsea v Everton’ of a view of the pitch from one of the side stands.

He also played for Everton as well.
Begovic on 19:35 - Apr 16 with 2510 viewsGaryBannister86

Begovic on 19:28 - Apr 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Can one of those full of righteous indignation coy and paste the offensive post they have seen please?

I hardly ever go on Instagram but when I searched for his account it came up with a boring picture entitled ‘Chelsea v Everton’ of a view of the pitch from one of the side stands.

He also played for Everton as well.

Yes, that's the post, but as ever in the Begovic debate both sides are throwing extremes at each other.

I don't think it's appropriate for our captain to be posting about being at a Chelsea game in the stands, especially just now. The post itself was inoffensive, as you say.

I think, like others, it shows a lack of care about his current employers. A lack of duty if you like. He could have gone and not uploaded the picture. Why do that?

I think its cumulative behaviour and shows a lack of interest. You don't, that's fine too.
Begovic on 19:36 - Apr 16 with 2507 viewsmart_Goblin

👀
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 19:47 - Apr 16 with 2459 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 19:35 - Apr 16 by GaryBannister86

Yes, that's the post, but as ever in the Begovic debate both sides are throwing extremes at each other.

I don't think it's appropriate for our captain to be posting about being at a Chelsea game in the stands, especially just now. The post itself was inoffensive, as you say.

I think, like others, it shows a lack of care about his current employers. A lack of duty if you like. He could have gone and not uploaded the picture. Why do that?

I think its cumulative behaviour and shows a lack of interest. You don't, that's fine too.

Ok so that’s cleared it up then: NOT sat in the home end and NO MENTION of ‘we’ at all.
Begovic on 19:58 - Apr 16 with 2419 viewsJules4367

Begovic on 19:19 - Apr 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Literal rubbish.

You cannot blame a whole season of failure on ONE mistake.

Agreed. Stan Bowles cites this very point in his (auto)biography.

People said it was the loss away at Norwich that dropped the points which would have on us the title but Stan correctly pointed out that it was the games where we were winning (and let a last minute goal in to draw) and where we were drawing (and let a last minute goal in to lose) that cost us the First Division title.

However, it is actually what is fresh in people's minds and it is the same for the loss at Norwich as it is for the draw at Plymouth. It is the dropping of so valuable points when it is critical and there is little chance to recover those points - which is the issue!

I've seen us continually miss opportunities and lose points this season and have said to friends around that we may well rue those opportunities and lost points.

However, to be a few minutes away from a valuable win and to throw 2 points away which he did (and has done time and again- as well as saving goals!) - is criminal.

If you do what you are paid very well to do and you do it then that IS why you are paid, but if you are paid very well and DO NOT DO IT then expect criticism- and he has flapped once to often!

However as he has been at one end, Dykes (striker??) has been worse at the other and one can very easily argue that Asmir has been as good as he has been bad, whereas Lyndon hasn't!

However, if he saves goals and we win then all will be forgiven! Ditto Lyndon but I have more confidence in Begovic saving than Lyndon scoring!
Begovic on 20:04 - Apr 16 with 2385 viewsOldPedro

Begovic on 19:07 - Apr 16 by ChrisNW6

Well I've searched and can't find anything, so it's not something most people would see or know about. Sounds like he was pretty discreet.

It's still visible on his Instagram stories at the moment but will probably disappear later

https://www.instagram.com/stories/asmir1/

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Begovic on 20:07 - Apr 16 with 2359 viewsGroveR

Begovic on 19:47 - Apr 16 by Ned_Kennedys

Ok so that’s cleared it up then: NOT sat in the home end and NO MENTION of ‘we’ at all.

WILL YOU STILL BE DEFENDING HIM WHEN HE RUNS OUT ON SATURDAY TO "THE LIQUIDATOR" WITH A LUMP OF CELERY UP HIS BUM??!?!
Begovic on 21:09 - Apr 16 with 2236 viewsR_from_afar

Begovic on 20:04 - Apr 16 by OldPedro

It's still visible on his Instagram stories at the moment but will probably disappear later

https://www.instagram.com/stories/asmir1/

This appears to be a screenshot of what he posted, flagged up via Twitter:

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Begovic on 21:43 - Apr 16 with 2125 viewsRangersw12

Begovic on 19:17 - Apr 16 by gazza1

Don't think I am missing the point!!! Why should he go along quietly?? They won 6-0 ffs and they are, apparently, his favourite team!!! He probably hates being here (look at the abuse he gets on this very MB) but its his job and you say he is being disloyal!!!

Nah, who cares about him 'giving it' at Chelsea, I want him to perform to a much better standard here at QPR.

The fact he went to watch Chelsea and put it all over his social media shows a complete lack of respect for the club

Can you imagine a Newcastle player being allowed to watch Sunderland for example ?

Shows that he has absolute contempt for the club and sooner he fcks off the better
Begovic on 19:52 - Apr 20 with 1630 viewsSuperhoops2808

Tonight, that save of his was the turning point and won us 3 points. Had we gone 1-0 then it would have sent us into a tailspin and lost. Yes, it did make up for his calamity against Plymouth that I thought was unforgiveable, but he and that back 4 remained very calm today.

Good luck to him at the end of the season, I know many here wont miss him, but as well as his clangers, he has made some vital saves to win us points and tonight was one of those.

Well done Asmir and thanks for tonight
Begovic on 19:55 - Apr 20 with 1587 viewsGloucs_R

Begovic on 19:52 - Apr 20 by Superhoops2808

Tonight, that save of his was the turning point and won us 3 points. Had we gone 1-0 then it would have sent us into a tailspin and lost. Yes, it did make up for his calamity against Plymouth that I thought was unforgiveable, but he and that back 4 remained very calm today.

Good luck to him at the end of the season, I know many here wont miss him, but as well as his clangers, he has made some vital saves to win us points and tonight was one of those.

Well done Asmir and thanks for tonight

He's not been as bad as some make out.

Agree, he's had some poor moments but also pulled off some great saves and win us a few points along the way.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Begovic on 19:58 - Apr 20 with 1551 viewsAntti_Heinola

Obviously been a big critic of his lately, but that was a VITAL save. After that, despite the nerves, we defended so well he had little to do but what he did, he did well. Well played Asmir!

Bare bones.

Begovic on 20:05 - Apr 20 with 1483 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Well, well, well, today's match rested on a keeper flapping to hand the opposition 3 points, but it wasn't Asmir.

In all seriousness, credit where credit is due; Begovic pulled off a huge save to keep it at 0-0 early doors. That save seemed to knock the stuffing out of Preston and laid the foundation for a very important win.
Begovic on 20:08 - Apr 20 with 1460 viewsBluce_Ree

As much a match winner as Dykes today. Well, match saver.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Begovic on 20:10 - Apr 20 with 1436 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 20:05 - Apr 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Well, well, well, today's match rested on a keeper flapping to hand the opposition 3 points, but it wasn't Asmir.

In all seriousness, credit where credit is due; Begovic pulled off a huge save to keep it at 0-0 early doors. That save seemed to knock the stuffing out of Preston and laid the foundation for a very important win.

It was a big save. He’s had no issue with that sort of save. I had a small heart murmur when he flapped a corner but I was down the other end so I may be being harsh
Begovic on 20:25 - Apr 20 with 1365 viewsted_hendrix

Begovic on 20:10 - Apr 20 by Watford_Ranger

It was a big save. He’s had no issue with that sort of save. I had a small heart murmur when he flapped a corner but I was down the other end so I may be being harsh

He drops his hand down at the last second and made contact with the ball, great save no question.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Begovic on 20:41 - Apr 20 with 1228 viewsstevenagehoop

Begovic on 20:25 - Apr 20 by ted_hendrix

He drops his hand down at the last second and made contact with the ball, great save no question.

To be honest thought it was more about the striker than the keeper.It should have been hit low into the corner not near enough straight at the keeper but he made the save .

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Begovic on 20:50 - Apr 20 with 1157 viewsAgedR

It’s a top save at a crucial moment in our clubs fortunes.

End of really.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Begovic on 21:13 - Apr 20 with 1002 viewsJames_Paddocks

Good save.

First out the door in the summer.
Begovic on 21:25 - Apr 20 with 933 viewsbosh67

Have to give him credit today. Good all game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024