Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? 20:15 - Apr 8 with 3507 viewsnumptydumpty

Often very frustrating and disappointing..

Never know how we are going to perform..

But especially with flirting with relegation, currently for me it's incredibly stressful also.

Tomorrow I am not going to Plymouth but have the option to watch on red button or QPR + but on other channels there are two very intriguing Champions League Quarter Finals, of which I have zero emotions to attach..

I know I will stupidly choose the former as entertainment and get extremely irritated by my own stupid choices.

Am I on my own with these extreme thoughts of thinking..

"Why do I do this to myself !!"

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:22 - Apr 8 with 2431 viewsnix

Well, yes there's Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke, obviously.

But then there's Birmingham City, Leicester City and WBA.

Big lows but massive highs.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:35 - Apr 8 with 2391 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes Nix

Indeed we are a club that is extremely Bipolar in nature !!!

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:36 - Apr 8 with 2379 viewscharmr

Rangers is a hard watch on the monitor of choice at times.

Going to the game a lot more tangible.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:44 - Apr 8 with 2363 viewsnumptydumpty

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:36 - Apr 8 by charmr

Rangers is a hard watch on the monitor of choice at times.

Going to the game a lot more tangible.

Definitely easier to cope with the bad games when you are there, as opposed to viewing on the screens. Totally agree.

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 20:51 - Apr 8 with 2333 viewsqpr_1968

numpty, go with your heart and watch the team you love.....
we might even win, we're better away from home.
if we lose, so what...

don't watch that champions league crap when we are on....watch our crap.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 21:26 - Apr 8 with 2270 viewsManinBlack

I don't get angry watching other teams but watching our lot does my head in and puts me in a foul mood when they bore me with the lack of goalmouth action and scraping wins if we are lucky. Trouble is I was spoilt for decades with entertaining QPR sides but this Millennium keeps on delivering new lows for incompetence and drudgery. Of course much of it is down to money wrecking any competition so the days of the 70's and 80's have gone for good for us smaller clubs.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 22:00 - Apr 8 with 2183 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's almost 60 years for me and nowadays I feel the emotions just as keenly as I ever did but the frustration and anger after a poor performance has dissipated by the time I get home. I refuse to let our results dictate my life when there is so much wrong and suffering in the world. I get more emotional reading about the health of the posters than I do getting bent out of shape over R's fortunes. I'll be renewing my S/T every season I can get to games, irrespective of what division we are in.

The grass is always greener.

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 22:14 - Apr 8 with 2153 viewsLowerloftLad

The entire process of supporting QPR sends my stress levels through the roof. But I always enjoy watching QPR at loftus road. Though even then I enjoy My triple pie and mash and 4/5 pints in the pocket watch and chatting away to my dad the most enjoyable part of the day.

I actually hate watching QPR on sky and prefer to listen to the game or any game on the radio.

I remember first watching QPR on TV in a league one game away to Brighton when I was younger and still remember now not enjoying watching on TV "we lost of course".

I have only made three home games this season but I find it more enjoyable to pick and choose game's though this didn't stop me screaming at the radio on Saturday when the Wednesday goals had gone in 😂
[Post edited 8 Apr 22:21]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 22:43 - Apr 8 with 2045 viewsstevec

It’s a bit like playing golf.

I spend the best part of 18 holes furious with the shit I’m playing, especially when I get within 20 yards of the green, fuming at my ability to miss 2 foot putts, but come off at the end strangely content with my substandard performance and how I’m looking forward to another game next week.

I am literally the Lyndon Dykes of the golf course.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 23:00 - Apr 8 with 1973 viewsBoston

Live ...No problem.

TV...Cringing for 90mins, unless we're two up with ten mins to go..so cringing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 00:54 - Apr 9 with 1847 viewsSydneyRs

The answer to the original question appears to be the away fans at LR.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 04:56 - Apr 9 with 1776 viewsQPROslo

I've been watching QPR for nearly 50 years now, the last years about every game on QPR+ or on the TV, so I must enjoy it. Either that or I'm masochistic. This season increasingly has been extremely nervy since Marti came in because of our efforts to stay in the Division and now I'm pretty nervous every match day. It was much the same last season, nervy due to the relegation threat. The football has been much better since Marti came in with a much more enjoyable possession style of football, though since Dozzell went increasingly we seem to have largely stopped moving the ball with possession football up the pitch. Playing out from the back has come down to Begovic, Cook and JCS passing it along the goal line before hoisting it upfield for Dunne. Pragmatic, working to an extent but not so well now the attacking 3 seem off their best. Prior to Marti's arrival this season we seemed bound to go down anyway, so the nerves were more at rest somehow.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 07:44 - Apr 9 with 1627 viewsThGrimRanger

i tend to relax and enjoy it when we’re 2 goals or more ahead. so once in a blue moon.

TheGrimRanger

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 07:47 - Apr 9 with 1622 viewsthehat

Totally agree - More often than not totally frustrating and disappointing but after 50 years I guess I am probably going to see it through.

Every so often you get a Stan Bowles, Clive Allen, Michael Robinson, Dennis Bailey, Les Ferdinand, Paul Furlong, Jamie Mackie, Charlie Austin, Bobby Zamora, and now Jimmy Dunne moment that sort of makes it all worthwhile and fans of other (big 6) clubs will never understand.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 08:20 - Apr 9 with 1579 viewsdmm

Being a QPR supporter for so long, I don't think of it as a hobby, or going to the cinema or similar. It's part of what I do and who I am regardless of whether or not the match is enjoyable. And, as said many times before, meeting old mates before and after is often the best part of a match day anyway.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 08:26 - Apr 9 with 1568 viewsSK_hoops

I thought QPR+ was only available overseas?
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 08:32 - Apr 9 with 1553 viewsDorse

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 08:26 - Apr 9 by SK_hoops

I thought QPR+ was only available overseas?

The power of the VPN rules supreme. Buy the game, use a VPN with the territory set to, say, Belgium and you're good to go. Club still gets paid. No harm, no foul.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 1382 viewsdaveB

not sure enjoy is the right word but I will never feel the highs or the lows of watching football sitting through anything else.

I probably enjoy the spectacle more when we're not playing but it's not the same
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:15 - Apr 9 with 1358 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I do. No questions asked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:42 - Apr 9 with 1314 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Been a supporter for nearly 60 years. These days the Championship, all bar the top few and Rotherham, are all much of a muchness. I accept that most results are more down to random luck than anything else. That and whether the opposition suit your strengths and weaknesses or not. People here seem to think it’s QPR’s infuriating inconsistency. It isn’t. There are two teams out there.

So not frustrated and angry. It’s an entertainment which I enjoy, especially when we win.
So Plymouth tonight, it will be the red button. It is not a must win game. It is not a six pointer. Just another opportunity to prove we’ve improved a bit. Maybe another 0-0.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:59 - Apr 9 with 1288 viewslassel

Honestly I haven’t enjoyed a qpr game for at least 18 months, I find us pretty turgud to watch right now to be honest but so long as we get results I’m hopeful the statue of play will be a bit more attractive next season.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 12:12 - Apr 9 with 1256 viewsGaryBannister86

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:02 - Apr 9 by daveB

not sure enjoy is the right word but I will never feel the highs or the lows of watching football sitting through anything else.

I probably enjoy the spectacle more when we're not playing but it's not the same

Yeah the only time I actual "enjoy" the football being played is if we are 3-0 up with less than two minutes to go.

But nowhere else do I get that ecstasy of Field's WBA equaliser, the agony of Furlong clearing Cook's overhead kick off the line...etc.

I do, these days, absolutely hate watching us on TV, especially behind the red button as it is so delayed that your phone / mates / son watching on a better stream will tell you what has happened long before Begovic is shaping up to try and save a free kick.
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 1220 viewsslmrstid

Never let the football ruin the day at the football, as Danny Baker once said.

I think DaveB puts its best though - you can't match the high and low without the emotional investment and its the highs that make us do it, over and over and over..
Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 1220 viewsnumptydumpty

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 11:15 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I do. No questions asked.

How about when we lose at Blackpool six one Brian.

Do you genuinely get anything positive from that ???

😆

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 12:32 - Apr 9 with 1218 viewsnumptydumpty

Who actually genuinely enjoys watching QPR ?? on 08:32 - Apr 9 by Dorse

The power of the VPN rules supreme. Buy the game, use a VPN with the territory set to, say, Belgium and you're good to go. Club still gets paid. No harm, no foul.

Randomly I see there is either some kind of sponsorship with QPR or QPR and Nord have done a deal with each other who provide NORD VPN.

Clearly the clubs are very aware of this.
[Post edited 9 Apr 12:33]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024