Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion 09:53 - Sep 7 with 28541 viewsToast_R

Just read this on the Away Days article, made me laugh.

I'm 31 and don't have a problem with seeing anyone in a replica, young, old male or female....

Although I have to agree on the comment about faded old replicas that should have been put out to pasture years ago. I've seen the same bloke a few times wearing the early 90's Clubhouse CSF one, (mine fell apart by about 1995) that was shit then, let alone 17 years on...

Now if I see a middle aged fat balding tatooed, wife beating, Stella drinking Chelsea bastard, (in abundance where I live),that does make me cringe on behalf of civilisation.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:39 - Jul 30 with 15017 viewsBluce_Ree

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

HA! New site layout means that I get to rub this in Toasty's face.

Google 'full kit w*nkers' *(without the asterisk) and do an image search and then count the number of 'Standard Chartered' logos you'll see.

Never doubt me when I'm disparaging Liverpool fans, Toast. I'm always right.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 14968 viewsRblockPrior

Im 25 I wear a replica shirt every home game, other than that its normally when having a kick about or on holiday, I take so much pride in wearing my shirt tho I love it, as for wearing the full kit I think that is a bit to far lol
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 11:54]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 14964 viewsrsonist

Loic is that you?
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:02 - Jul 30 with 14947 viewsRblockPrior

I love the fact that ppl wear the shirt with pride I honestly dont c whats wrong with any ages wearing them, as long as they fit its fine!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:08 - Jul 30 with 14924 viewskingsburyR

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:39 - Jul 30 by Bluce_Ree

HA! New site layout means that I get to rub this in Toasty's face.

Google 'full kit w*nkers' *(without the asterisk) and do an image search and then count the number of 'Standard Chartered' logos you'll see.

Never doubt me when I'm disparaging Liverpool fans, Toast. I'm always right.

Is the fella on the bed wearing shinnies???

Oh my god!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:13 - Jul 30 with 14914 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Some men with grey hair in full team GB athletics kits on Saturday at the Olympic Stadium. Not quite as bad as the football ones.

I wear the tops, I still wear my 1994 school Holland tour replica AC Milan one.

My oldest surviving Rangers one is the black and Silver JD one.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:14 - Jul 30 with 14914 viewsStanisgod

+1 , but without the dinner bit. Have been known to wear my Compaq one on the odd special match occasion but the KLM, CAR GIANT etc stay firmly in the drawer due to the fact they have shrunk over the years Can't see the problem if there in good condition originals.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:22 - Jul 30 with 14897 viewsdaveB

I'm 37 and will be wearing a replica shirt as ever to the game on saturday, not sure why it's become such a snobby thing to look down on anyone wearing a shirt, i wouldn't wear full kit that is a bit daft but replica shirt to a football match should be fine regardless of age
Login to get fewer ads

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:22 - Jul 30 with 14901 viewsRblockPrior

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 11:56 - Jul 30 by rsonist

Loic is that you?

lol

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 15182 viewssupahoopsa

Surely this has to be the worse - copied from the "full kit w*nkers" google image search

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6QivZ6Y231fkOZPc8WRZLqvaT6jk9V2HS7Ic76

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 15184 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm quite a bit older than 40 and have a clubhouse Compac replica shirt that was bought for me. I wear it only to special important games where I feel the team needs, deserves and would benefit from that extra bit of visual support. I wore it a couple of times during our Championship winning season, but haven't worn it since. I'm sure it has no impact at all, apart from making me feel a bit self-concious and I'm not sure I will wear it again. I have a couple of blue hooped non-QPR shirts that I sometimes wear to games. I think its more important to ensure you don't wear the colours of opponents to home games and I like to see a lot of blue hooped shirts in our end of the ground, but I'm not sure if the players appreciate it.

Who's Next?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:33 - Jul 30 with 15161 viewsjonno

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 12:22 - Jul 30 by daveB

I'm 37 and will be wearing a replica shirt as ever to the game on saturday, not sure why it's become such a snobby thing to look down on anyone wearing a shirt, i wouldn't wear full kit that is a bit daft but replica shirt to a football match should be fine regardless of age

Dave - in the course of this thread you appear to have aged 3 years!
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:11 - Jul 30 with 15132 viewsToast_R

Blimey that's one from the archives, back then it all seemed so exciting...

I'm 34 now and I havent had a replica since.
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:28 - Jul 30 with 15104 viewsheadhoops

51 and wear it to games but never shopping or dinner.
Also wear it on Monday night playing 5-8 aside - never matching shorts/socks or names on the back.
We have various kits on show, R's, Coventry, manure, Cameroon, Roma, sunderland only one grown up wears full kit - you guessed it Liverpool!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:30 - Jul 30 with 15101 viewsWegerle10

I hate the snobbery that has gone into wearing football shirts to games. It doesn't matter what age you are, there should be no reason not to wear a QPR shirt to a game. It's our colours and the ground looks so much better when there's a sea of blue and white shirts.

I do agree that after a certain age you shouldn't be going out round town in them. I'm 30 and always buy the kits, but only wear them at the games and if I'm playing footy. I do tend to wear my 1990 Wegerle shirt the most though!

My biggest pet hate, and this is a no no, is grown men with names and numbers on the back. That is something that should be for kids and teenagers and that's it. There's something not quite right with a thirty something having the name of 'his favourite player' on the back of his shirt. Retro name yes, foreign team shirt with current player is just about ok, but leave it to the kids otherwise.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 13:31]

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 15092 viewsBluce_Ree

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:30 - Jul 30 by Wegerle10

I hate the snobbery that has gone into wearing football shirts to games. It doesn't matter what age you are, there should be no reason not to wear a QPR shirt to a game. It's our colours and the ground looks so much better when there's a sea of blue and white shirts.

I do agree that after a certain age you shouldn't be going out round town in them. I'm 30 and always buy the kits, but only wear them at the games and if I'm playing footy. I do tend to wear my 1990 Wegerle shirt the most though!

My biggest pet hate, and this is a no no, is grown men with names and numbers on the back. That is something that should be for kids and teenagers and that's it. There's something not quite right with a thirty something having the name of 'his favourite player' on the back of his shirt. Retro name yes, foreign team shirt with current player is just about ok, but leave it to the kids otherwise.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 13:31]

Yeah, at a game is fine. If I wore one it'd be at a game and under a layer probably just so there's a bit showing but my issue is definitely with blokes shopping.

I knew a girl who went on a date with an Arsenal mug and he had his football shirt on for it. C*nt.

Anyway, what's important is that Toasty knows I wasn't lying about scouse kit-wearing d1ckheads.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 14:39 - Jul 30 with 15066 viewsnhd23

I would say that only kids should be seen in full kit and with names and numbers on the back,I can just about handle if someone over 16 wants to wear a team shirt on match day although I do cringe a bit,but agree with a lot of people that its the fat mongs wearing them out shopping or heaven forbid out for dinner that is just ridiculous,I will wear a top when I'm playing football or going for a run but draw the line at any other time.

And yes Liverpool really do have the most 'Full Kit W*******
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 15:12 - Jul 30 with 15050 viewsMonahoop

Have no problem with adults wearing football tops though I would draw the line at wearing one with a name or number on the back. As for middle aged blokes wearing full kit in public, they should be arrested and shot at dawn.

I wear a replica shirt or t shirt when watching games in the pub with other like minded fans. It's quite safe to mix with fans of other clubs in pubs here in Ireland, provided it's not a Celtic affiliated drinking hole.

In winter I sometimes still wear my old QPR scarf I've had since 1978. Bought it in a sports shop near my old home in Sussex. Can anyone here remember buying QPR scarves, tops, kit bags etc in high street sports shops back in the day without having to resort to buying from the club shop or from Amazon?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 15:14 - Jul 30 with 15046 viewsRblockPrior

the only other place u can buy QPR shirts etc is Sports Direct, although there are smaller shops stalls on markets etc that do small items like scarfs, key rings photos etc

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 14976 viewsultramagnetic

Rather wear a qpr top out to dinner then a tommy hilfiger.
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 18:57 - Jul 30 with 14937 viewsDylanP

Shut up. I love wearing my QPR shirts. There is no activity too posh or fancy that a QPR shirt doen't fit perfectly! Weddings, funerals, business meetings, you name it!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion (n/t) on 19:34 - Jul 30 with 14917 viewsdubaistu

http://i.imgur.com/HpigHvu.jpg?1
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 19:38]
40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 14:21 - Aug 7 with 14779 viewsBluce_Ree

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQnAmAGCUAAwQc_.png:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQgTa00CYAAssRo.jpg:large

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 14:31 - Aug 7 with 14748 viewssimmo

Playing football and holidays. Sometimes around the house if I am doing nothing.

Thats it.

Not against it on matchdays though, if that is your preference

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

40+ Men in Replica Shirts Discussion on 13:17 - Sep 13 with 14510 viewsBluce_Ree

Another case in Liverpool.

The f**k is wrong with these people?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024