Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR yes or no ? 10:57 - Jan 11 with 3030 viewssouthbrookstreet

I've been a supporter of var up to now but watching the sheff utd v west ham game last night I now have my doubts.. how or where was declan rice expected to put his hands it was a natural position the ball was headed into his arm I'll be disappointed if it happen to the. Rs but happy if it happen to our opponents but somehow somethings not right. I feel this natural position incident should have been considered by stockley park... I thought var was for offside decisions etc.. I starting to dread var coming to loftus road now.. what do other Rs supporters think ..
VAR yes or no ? on 11:01 - Jan 11 with 3016 viewsShotKneesHoop

Leave it to the refs - VAR stops the flow of the game and ruins the atmosphere.

If VAR was around with refs like Gurnam Singh, Andy Hall, Ray Aldous, and a few others - the game would never end and we'd miss the last train home.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

VAR yes or no ? on 11:02 - Jan 11 with 3014 viewsozexile

No scrap it. Won't happen though. I think the powers that be won't be happy till football is played in empty stadiums with just a tv audience.
VAR yes or no ? on 11:17 - Jan 11 with 2972 viewsLoftgirl

VAR yes or no ? on 11:02 - Jan 11 by ozexile

No scrap it. Won't happen though. I think the powers that be won't be happy till football is played in empty stadiums with just a tv audience.

Like here in Oz.
VAR yes or no ? on 14:31 - Jan 11 with 2915 viewsMiss_Terraces

No

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

VAR yes or no ? on 14:41 - Jan 11 with 2903 viewssupahoopsa

The problem with VAR is that without it, we'd have to put up with all the pundits showing that a goal was offside by drawing lines on a screen just like they did before VAR. This would then kick off all the keyboard warriors again all over social media. Let's face it VAR is only for Sky and their legion of armchair fans. No fan who actually goes to matches wants to see VAR.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

VAR yes or no ? on 14:45 - Jan 11 with 2895 viewsDejR_vu

VAR’s not the problem, it’s the morons who make the rules and the idiots who use VAR to interpret them.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

VAR yes or no ? on 14:50 - Jan 11 with 2879 viewsplasmahoop

I would use it, but it needs to be used better. They need to make offside with your feet., and speed the whole thing up. It should be for clear and obvious errors, not analysing it for five minutes. Our ridiculous penalty award against at Bristol City stands out as one where it should be overturned
VAR yes or no ? on 21:26 - Jan 11 with 2765 viewsloftus77

No.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR yes or no ? on 21:31 - Jan 11 with 2756 viewsessextaxiboy

Goal line tec only , Scrap the rest IMO
VAR yes or no ? on 22:35 - Jan 11 with 2727 viewscharmr

Tv doesn’t care about the fans experience at games.

I blame Mourinho. Always blamed the ref for something that distracted from him or his players. I’m sure others were doing it before but he was unbelievably high profile. Managers have 5 games or there out the door. Refs maybe inclined to think, hey were sick of getting stick let’s introduce a 3rd party(VAR). You can’t blame them. Michael Oliver’s family were getting death threats but fair play to him, still officiates. I once spoke to Martin Atkinson who said 2 profound things. Referees ref by instinct and as for technology getting involved would take all the help he could get.

Look at Alan ‘always stating the bleeding obvious ‘ Shearer. Always tried to con the referee now on match of the day has opinions on how referees officiate, they got that one wrong Gary. Lazy pundits with a premise to create hype and drama with the immortal words at the beginning of their monologue, was It, or wasn’t it.

Football now is about managers being asked stupid questions by so called trained journalists and people sitting in their armchairs with a cell phone.

A recent study showed football fans gripes were, ticket prices, game time changes and disregard for traveling fans. The clubs biggest concern was broadcast piracy..

VAR seems a by product and you got what you wanted Football. As long as managers and tv are the most important thing it isn’t going anywhere.

To quote the great interviewee Gordon Strachan.
“Gordon can we have a quick word please”
“Velocity” and walks off
[Post edited 11 Jan 2020 22:59]
VAR yes or no ? on 23:35 - Jan 11 with 2658 viewssouthbrookstreet

VAR yes or no ? on 14:50 - Jan 11 by plasmahoop

I would use it, but it needs to be used better. They need to make offside with your feet., and speed the whole thing up. It should be for clear and obvious errors, not analysing it for five minutes. Our ridiculous penalty award against at Bristol City stands out as one where it should be overturned

you're spot on with the "feet" comment totally plasmahoop...
VAR yes or no ? on 23:58 - Jan 11 with 2642 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No.

This is a game played by humans, watched by humans and reffed by humans.

It's part of the charm.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

VAR yes or no ? on 10:49 - Jan 12 with 2540 viewsClive_Anderson

Yes for things like the Hand of God or complete offside fck ups etc.

No for brushing someone's hand or a tiny shove 2 minutes before a goal is scored.
VAR yes or no ? on 11:52 - Jan 12 with 2501 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wether you like VAR or not, the important thing is to remember that supporters never had a say.

Join the FSA:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/polls/view/var-tech-yay-or-nay
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 11:53]
VAR yes or no ? on 11:59 - Jan 12 with 2489 viewsdaveB

Needs to be scrapped or significantly changed, it's utter bollox in the current form
VAR yes or no ? on 12:10 - Jan 12 with 2476 viewsClive_Anderson

At least it has stopped so much diving and play acting.

But yeah it's crap at the moment.
VAR yes or no ? on 13:42 - Jan 12 with 2419 viewscharmr

Pundits/commentators are now having to say, the decision is correct to the letter of the laws.

Now they have to talk about the game not the was it, wasn’t it rhetoric.

Anyone been to a game with VAR?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 13:50]
VAR yes or no ? on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 2368 viewsPinnerPaul

Pretty good summary this from the Racing Post

VAR has been bad for football but worse than it needed to be in the Premier League. They have ignored the rules that say a referee’s decision should be overturned only if it was clearly and obviously wrong. This applies to all decisions, including offside, as the International Football Association Board, who make the rules, have pointed out.
I do not criticise the VARs. They have been told what to do, and would be marked down if they did not. But what the Premier League have done potentially has a serious consequence.
You watch a game of football. Think about that word watch. If goals are being disallowed because of things you cannot see, what is the point in watching?
Spectators, in the ground or at home, are kept waiting for ages while VAR investigates a possible offence nobody had noticed or complained about, and if VAR does overrule the referee then everyone is shown a supposedly ‘definitive’ video clip, after which they still cannot understand why the goal has been disallowed.
Perhaps some people leave a ground or switch off their TVs not knowing what the score was. Certainly other people do know what the score was, but do not know why it was what it was. For a spectator sport this ought to be worrying.

If goals are being disallowed because of things you cannot see, what is the point in watching?
VAR yes or no ? on 17:16 - Jan 12 with 2357 viewsPinnerPaul

My main gripe ( of many) is that VAR is changing the way the game has always been played/officiated.

It has always been understood that the game is played within the framework of the laws, not trying to referee a game exactly to the letter of the law.

Soooo many examples, but for those who say 'offside is offside' here are just a few

GKs taking longer than 6 seconds
Free kicks not taken exactly where offence happened
Throw ins not taken exactly where ball went out of play

There are loads of other things we ignore or 'manage'.

Who gives a pen if no one appeals?
Who disallows a goal if no one objects?
Who has a penalty retaken if ball blasted over the bar (whatever else happens?) and so on and so on

Its what everyone expects - not for VAR to give a microscopic offside that no one noticed, no one appealed for and that had no impact whatsoever on the ability of players to score/prevent the goal
VAR yes or no ? on 20:32 - Jan 12 with 2312 viewscharmr

On the subject of the letter of the laws, ie: goalie 6 secs etc.

The leagues can decide what they implement or not. I was told the premier league decided against penalizing the gk for holding on longer then 6 secs, goalie off his line for a penalty and encroachment. Now they do encroachment.

All for keeping the game a spectacle, a bit ironic.
VAR yes or no ? on 23:50 - Jan 12 with 2267 viewsNorthernr

Nooooooooooooooooo.
VAR yes or no ? on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 2177 viewsPinnerPaul

VAR yes or no ? on 20:32 - Jan 12 by charmr

On the subject of the letter of the laws, ie: goalie 6 secs etc.

The leagues can decide what they implement or not. I was told the premier league decided against penalizing the gk for holding on longer then 6 secs, goalie off his line for a penalty and encroachment. Now they do encroachment.

All for keeping the game a spectacle, a bit ironic.

That's not strictly true - 1 set of laws worldwide.

PL or any other league will never publicly say what laws are 'ignored' - any 'advice' to referees would obviously be in private.
VAR yes or no ? on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 2127 viewscharmr

Competition rules and law 18, common sense, can and do encourage or discourage exact letter of the laws which you need to know to pass your referee exams.

If you kept enforcing throw ins in where the ball went out and Gk 6 sec rule there would be a meltdown.

Players/tv/managers pushed the games administrators into a corner. VAR was born. Goal line technology was enough and makes sense.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 13:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024