Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement 13:58 - Feb 6 with 13472 viewsGloucs_R

How would you feel about him taking over in the summer?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Clement on 14:05 - Feb 6 with 6941 viewsessextaxiboy

No thanks ,
Has got stick for playing boring and negative football at Derby and Swansea
Left Bayern and Ancelotti when the Swansea job came up. He would just up and go if a Prem job came up . He would have to work with a DOF and the impending fine ....and that would be his excuse for goinv despite signing a contract knowing it ...
Paul Clement on 14:06 - Feb 6 with 6942 viewsGloucs_R

Paul Clement on 14:05 - Feb 6 by essextaxiboy

No thanks ,
Left Bayern and Ancelotti when the Swansea job came up. He would just up and go if a Prem job came up . He would have to work with a DOF and the impending fine ....and that would be his excuse for goinv despite signing a contract knowing it ...

I'll put you down for "sounds good" then

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Clement on 14:11 - Feb 6 with 6920 viewsDorse

Sounds like a dream appointment...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Paul Clement on 14:13 - Feb 6 with 6918 viewsthompsonridd

No thanks ,

Perfect fit to carry on with the shite we're watching under Holloway!!!!

I think that could work to be honest.
Paul Clement on 14:28 - Feb 6 with 6849 viewsNorthernr

Would be near the top of the list if it came to that, though there's plenty of reservations. I'm not overly bothered about the Derby or Swansea perceived failures - he was in the play off zone at Derby and the chairman went mental, Swansea they sold his two best players after he'd done well last season. He'll be better and wiser for those experiences than if we'd appointed him straight out of Bayern in his first number one job a couple of years ago. The family connection is a positive.

However, reading a feature with him in the Times at the weekend and a) he clearly still sees himself as a Premier League, big time manager, even with the family connection is he going to want to come and scrap around with us with no money to spend? IS he suited to that even if he does want to take it on? And b) he admitted he'd found it tough going from working with players at Bayern and Real to working with players at Swansea and Derby, and our players are considerably worse than theirs.
Paul Clement on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 6827 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Personally, I'd hate to work at a place associated with my father who committed suicide when I was a child.

Aside from that we have no money and no facilities (yet) so can't see this happening to be honest.

Not sure we are that attractive really.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 14:32]
Paul Clement on 14:36 - Feb 6 with 6807 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Propensity to George Burleyitis
Paul Clement on 14:44 - Feb 6 with 6782 viewsNov77

why does he have to have a connection to rangers?
the most enjoyable football we've seen in recent years was under de canio and Warnock who have no connection with rangers.

why handicap ourselves by ruling out 95% of potential candidates just because they haven't worked here before?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on 14:53 - Feb 6 with 6745 views2Thomas2Bowles

A big fat NO

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paul Clement on 14:53 - Feb 6 with 6745 viewsMatch82

Paul Clement on 14:44 - Feb 6 by Nov77

the most enjoyable football we've seen in recent years was under de canio and Warnock who have no connection with rangers.

why handicap ourselves by ruling out 95% of potential candidates just because they haven't worked here before?

Not a very appealing job, unless you had an emotional attachment to the club I'd question the sanity (and motives) of anyone who wanted it!
Paul Clement on 15:03 - Feb 6 with 6703 viewsTheChef

Paul Clement on 14:44 - Feb 6 by Nov77

Agreed - if anything the next manager should not have any previous links with QPR. I think we already have enough good men at the club with QPR in their best interests.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Paul Clement on 15:15 - Feb 6 with 6653 viewsThe_Mole

Am I missing something here? Has Ollie been sacked?
Paul Clement on 15:58 - Feb 6 with 6553 viewsAntti_Heinola

No thanks ,

The only reason he would be offered a deal in the prem in that scenario would be if he was doing an incredible job for us. And I have no problem with that scenario whatsoever.

Absolutely no managers are bothered with working with a DoF apart from people like Redknapp who have their own very special reasons for that. Even Allardyce has Walsh at Everton! It's now completely normal and in place at any half-decent, reasonably sized club, because anything else simply isn't workable anymore. Why this keeps coming up is beyond me.

Bare bones.

Paul Clement on 16:32 - Feb 6 with 6453 viewsWestbourneR

Paul Clement on 15:15 - Feb 6 by The_Mole

Am I missing something here? Has Ollie been sacked?

No, you're right, all talk of succession is forbidden while the supreme leaders still lives! Show some RESPECT.

But if we were to talk about it - Clement - meh, yeah I think he's a decent organisational coach. I think he thinks he quite a big deal and I don't think he'd get his hands dirty sorting us out. We can find someone better.

Mind you, Clement would be better than Ollie. But I would say that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 16:34]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Paul Clement on 16:33 - Feb 6 with 6449 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent. Yet another thread featuring the totally new idea that Ollie has to go.
Paul Clement on 17:16 - Feb 6 with 6357 viewsBushRanger82

Underwhelmed, to be honest.
Paul Clement on 17:48 - Feb 6 with 6280 viewsPinnerPaul

Paul Clement on 16:32 - Feb 6 by WestbourneR

No, you're right, all talk of succession is forbidden while the supreme leaders still lives! Show some RESPECT.

But if we were to talk about it - Clement - meh, yeah I think he's a decent organisational coach. I think he thinks he quite a big deal and I don't think he'd get his hands dirty sorting us out. We can find someone better.

Mind you, Clement would be better than Ollie. But I would say that.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2018 16:34]

I don't know about 'all talk' being banned but if 95% of it was, it would suit me

I reckon we would still have about 27 threads a week though!
Paul Clement on 18:03 - Feb 6 with 6245 viewsLblock

I am extremely open to the idea of bringing him NOW as a coach

Won’t happen though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paul Clement on 19:09 - Feb 6 with 6147 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paul Clement on 17:16 - Feb 6 by BushRanger82

Underwhelmed, to be honest.

Underwhelmed isn't always a bad thing.

In reality I think that we (the royal we) would get bored of him very quickly and want somebody else. Probably a charismatic, former player type, who understands the club and the fans and can get the team giving everything regardless of results. Yada yada...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Paul Clement on 20:06 - Feb 6 with 6040 viewsted_hendrix

Surprised nobody has mentioned Dave Angell Brett Angell's brother.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Paul Clement on 20:14 - Feb 6 with 6016 viewsbosh67

Assuming Ollie is moved on, he may well stay forever, but if he does go Mark Warburton or Gareth Ainsworth before Clement now IMHO.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paul Clement on 20:36 - Feb 6 with 5962 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Clement on 15:58 - Feb 6 by Antti_Heinola

The only reason he would be offered a deal in the prem in that scenario would be if he was doing an incredible job for us. And I have no problem with that scenario whatsoever.

Absolutely no managers are bothered with working with a DoF apart from people like Redknapp who have their own very special reasons for that. Even Allardyce has Walsh at Everton! It's now completely normal and in place at any half-decent, reasonably sized club, because anything else simply isn't workable anymore. Why this keeps coming up is beyond me.

I dont think it has to be an incredible job , if he had us in the top 8 and the Prem came calling he would be offski .
Then we would have to start again ...

You have no problem with that , fair enough ... I do
Paul Clement on 20:49 - Feb 6 with 5917 viewsdaveB

I think he'll eventually be a good manager but would pass for what is needed at QPR.

if we change in the summer I'd go for the very boring appointment of Simon Grayson who is proven at doing similar jobs to what is required at QPR or Gareth Ainsworth who I think even taking away his QPR connection is a very good manager and doing a fantastic job at Wycombe
Paul Clement on 23:30 - Feb 6 with 5655 viewsAshdown_Ranger

I'd like Birch to move over to Fleming's (off to Middlesbrough) role and Clement to come in as joint-manager with Ollie.

Ollie has the drive and motivation, Clement the coaching nouse.

Would be a decent partnership - though I doubt either would agree to it.
Paul Clement on 01:00 - Feb 7 with 5565 viewsPunteR

I still think Nigel Pearson could do a job. Practically built that Leicester side that won the prem. Bit of a nutter though isnt he.?
Clement keeps getting sacked doesnt he? I think he's a bit of a gamble.
I still think Alex Neal should be a candidate. Grayson is a shout.
Mccarthy knows this league.
I dont know why but i dont trust Warburton.
I would rather Holloway ups his game and becomes brilliant though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024