Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things I learned from Norwich (a) 21:54 - Dec 29 with 2816 viewsdavman

1. If Dykes is the standard of professional footballer in the Football League, I gave up too early at 45.
2. If Norwich is the best team in this league, just how bad must it be? They were shocking.
3. Is it an age thing in that Todd Cantwell has always had a face you could punch, even more so after that dive?
4. Todd Kane - see comment 1. above about Dykes. Can't defend, can't pass - wtf can he do?
5. Backs against the wall defending we can do. Keep the ball we bloody well can't.
6. I suggested to my son Hugill might give us a laugh and Hugill one from under the bar; never thought BOS would do that.
7. They could have put Delia in goal at half time, the score would not have been any different.
8. The belief in the team once we equalised was commendable and we really should have won. If we can get out of trouble with a few wins and can play without pressure, it might be as much fun as last season, but f-me it is such a big IF.
9. I'm guessing that this wasn't the game he was going to get judged on. I'm thinking that a defeat (or even a draw) at Luton may be it.
10. We are really going to embarrass ourselves in the cup aren't we?
11. Much better than I thought it would be, but we are desperate for a three point game...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 2662 viewsMedwayR

Dykes missed the vast majority of our pre-season and has played non-stop this season. I’m sure by now he’ll be feeling it, he isn’t scoring, could do with a rest & an opportunity to work on a few things in training. I’m still confident he’ll come good but I’m not sure it’ll be this season, Bonne is due a run of games.

Poll: Who’s better?

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 2613 views2Thomas2Bowles

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:04 - Dec 29 by MedwayR

Dykes missed the vast majority of our pre-season and has played non-stop this season. I’m sure by now he’ll be feeling it, he isn’t scoring, could do with a rest & an opportunity to work on a few things in training. I’m still confident he’ll come good but I’m not sure it’ll be this season, Bonne is due a run of games.

Or he is just shit

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 2607 viewsflynnbo

12. LTC to replace Ilias at set pieces
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:56 - Dec 29 with 2392 viewsParkRoyalR

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:06 - Dec 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Or he is just shit

Or...given he's been playing as a lone striker he is totally reliant on Chair to create and the Wing-backs to put in quality crosses,

Chair was clean through twice tonight and we saw his achilles as a playmaker, playing head-down and taking too many touches, whereas Kane and Nico are both incapable of crossing the ball.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:01 - Dec 29 with 2359 viewsMatch82

On point 2, we say that a lot. A LOT. Must read five or six times each season "that's the worst team we'll see here all season (obviously we never say that for Brentford games).

I think it's just a really really sht league full of average teams. We are one of them.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 2347 viewsdannyblue

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 22:09 - Dec 29 by flynnbo

12. LTC to replace Ilias at set pieces

Big fan of Ilias, but LTC's corners looked much more dangerous
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:26 - Dec 29 with 2210 viewsManinBlack

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:01 - Dec 29 by Match82

On point 2, we say that a lot. A LOT. Must read five or six times each season "that's the worst team we'll see here all season (obviously we never say that for Brentford games).

I think it's just a really really sht league full of average teams. We are one of them.

You are right about the quality not being up to scratch but it does not say a lot about us after something like 9 games without a win.

Whilst I was pleasantly surprised by what we did tonight we need to start winning and can't keep blowing big chances. Wednesday, Derby, Luton, Barnsley (6 wins in 7 now? ) and Wycombe all won. Luton have been good at home recently whilst we have struggled on the road.

We should have won the last two away games but haven't so that pressure keeps growing. We can't score from open play even from half a yard.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 2153 viewsdaveB

I thought Dykes did a good job for the team tonight, perhaps could have done better with the header on half time but overall did OK

Can see why Norwich are top, they create chances and have some real quality in midfield, we did well against them tonight
Login to get fewer ads

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 00:01 - Dec 30 with 2075 viewsdavman

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:41 - Dec 29 by daveB

I thought Dykes did a good job for the team tonight, perhaps could have done better with the header on half time but overall did OK

Can see why Norwich are top, they create chances and have some real quality in midfield, we did well against them tonight

I agree he tried, but his ball control is rank. The ball "bobbles" and "squirted away" from him every single time it came near bar a couple of nice lay offs. How many games are we going to carry him without him not having a sniff of a goal from open play? And how many games without a goal are we going to excuse a striker?

Bonne is also woeful, but he has to start in front of Dykes if Kelman is not yet ready...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 01:04 - Dec 30 with 1937 viewsBoston

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:02 - Dec 29 by dannyblue

Big fan of Ilias, but LTC's corners looked much more dangerous

Agree

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 02:13 - Dec 30 with 1865 viewstimcocking

Agreed. I think i could have made this team in my heyday.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 02:54 - Dec 30 with 1852 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 02:13 - Dec 30 by timcocking

Seriously, do you think we're that bad?
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 03:26 - Dec 30 with 1830 viewsLoftgirl

Why didn't Dykes take the penalty?
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 04:27 - Dec 30 with 1786 viewsstainrods_elbow

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 03:26 - Dec 30 by Loftgirl

A bit tricky when he'd been subbed off.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 05:39 - Dec 30 with 1738 viewsLoftgirl

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 04:27 - Dec 30 by stainrods_elbow

A bit tricky when he'd been subbed off.

Good point. I wondered if that might be the case. I've only seen the ex-pat friendly highlights, as I'm in Australia. Thanks.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 07:38 - Dec 30 with 1612 viewsdistortR

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 02:13 - Dec 30 by timcocking

I believe you do think that Tim!!
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 1323 viewsTheChef

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 03:26 - Dec 30 by Loftgirl

Think he had just been subbed.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 11:49 - Dec 30 with 1099 viewsPinnerPaul

Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 23:41 - Dec 29 by daveB

Yep, haven't seen a better team than them.

Stoke and Reading looked very average for top 6 sides.
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 13:07 - Dec 30 with 987 viewsMyke

1 Don't start off with 7 negatives when we get a point away to league leaders
2 Niko is not a wing back
3 Cameron CAN head the ball
Things I learned from Norwich (a) on 13:14 - Dec 30 with 967 viewscharmr

My team rating meter which has been alarmingly accurate over the years.

You could or know a mate who would get in the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024