Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bhatia speaks 10:11 - May 12 with 8332 viewsHeadington

AmitBhatia99.eth
@Amit_Bhatia99
End of a rollercoaster season-the highest of hopes to the toughest of times.We’ve been through a lot together since ‘07 but nothing quite like this. It’s now time for reflection & to find solutions.Thank u for ur unwavering support,we will come back stronger. Until next season💙
Bhatia speaks on 10:21 - May 12 with 5937 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Copy... Paste...
Bhatia speaks on 10:47 - May 12 with 5837 viewsloftus77

I haven't been on a rollercoaster for some time but, as I recall, there are (in terms of pure geo-physics) as many ascents on the ride as descents? In other words, you go up and down periodically throughout with a few thrills along the way.

I think a fairer comparison for us would be the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers (?) which I understand is a straight 'death plunge' from a fair height and that is all? Or that similar one at Blackpool (yes that town - very apt) pleasure beach.
Bhatia speaks on 10:52 - May 12 with 5800 viewsMonkey_Roots

Bhatia speaks on 10:47 - May 12 by loftus77

I haven't been on a rollercoaster for some time but, as I recall, there are (in terms of pure geo-physics) as many ascents on the ride as descents? In other words, you go up and down periodically throughout with a few thrills along the way.

I think a fairer comparison for us would be the Oblivion ride at Alton Towers (?) which I understand is a straight 'death plunge' from a fair height and that is all? Or that similar one at Blackpool (yes that town - very apt) pleasure beach.

Or Stealth at Thorpe Park — Ascend very quickly, a brief spell at the top, before plummeting down and filling your under crackers... then a sigh of relief when you're safe.
Bhatia speaks on 11:21 - May 12 with 5614 viewsGloucs_R

A nothing statement

Poll: Are we staying up?

Bhatia speaks on 11:34 - May 12 with 5525 viewsgazza1

Top man - without him we would be 'dead & buried'........shame about all the negative vibs about him.
Bhatia speaks on 11:40 - May 12 with 5487 viewsMonkey_Roots

Bhatia speaks on 11:34 - May 12 by gazza1

Top man - without him we would be 'dead & buried'........shame about all the negative vibs about him.

Honest question...

Do you truly believe that they are here because they love the fans as he stated in that interview with Ruben? I can't see it.

They aren't here for the money, and redeveloping is out of the question it seems... what is the end game here?

I'm not trying to infer anything, suggest anything untoward - I honestly don't believe that they are here because they love the fans, and they are all successful businessmen, right?

Why?
Bhatia speaks on 11:46 - May 12 with 5428 viewsgazza1

Bhatia speaks on 11:40 - May 12 by Monkey_Roots

Honest question...

Do you truly believe that they are here because they love the fans as he stated in that interview with Ruben? I can't see it.

They aren't here for the money, and redeveloping is out of the question it seems... what is the end game here?

I'm not trying to infer anything, suggest anything untoward - I honestly don't believe that they are here because they love the fans, and they are all successful businessmen, right?

Why?

Who knows....is it to do with tax?? He must think a lot of the Club, though, to spend what he does on QPR. Maybe looks good on his CV, who knows.

But,,,,I like him from what I se.
Bhatia speaks on 11:46 - May 12 with 5432 viewsGloucs_R

Honest question...

Why?

They are looking to balance the books and sell the club as quickly as they can.

You are absolutely right there is no additional revenue for them without them making huge investments in a new stadium etc.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Bhatia speaks on 11:52 - May 12 with 5404 viewsE15Hoop

Bhatia speaks on 11:46 - May 12 by Gloucs_R

They are looking to balance the books and sell the club as quickly as they can.

You are absolutely right there is no additional revenue for them without them making huge investments in a new stadium etc.

Alternatively, it could be to "make a mark" on the community, which given the large Asian population in the area, and the fact that many people within that community are now even second generation British born Asian, would make a lot of sense.
Leaving a legacy to be passsed down to future generations - that would definitely play out well in the wider Asian community and would add kudos to their other business interests. Plus I do believe that there's a general love for football anyway amongst the cuurent board, and that actually they have been bitten by the bug.
Bhatia speaks on 11:57 - May 12 with 5347 viewsslmrstid

Bhatia speaks on 11:52 - May 12 by E15Hoop

Alternatively, it could be to "make a mark" on the community, which given the large Asian population in the area, and the fact that many people within that community are now even second generation British born Asian, would make a lot of sense.
Leaving a legacy to be passsed down to future generations - that would definitely play out well in the wider Asian community and would add kudos to their other business interests. Plus I do believe that there's a general love for football anyway amongst the cuurent board, and that actually they have been bitten by the bug.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect it was more bought into as a Premiership club (in Reuben's case) or a cheap Championship club to get into the top flight and get some exposure out of (Mittals) and now they've got an asset they can't get rid of for love nor money.

But it could also just be a hobby business for them, they've got proper businesses out there that make the proper money for their wealth, and QPR is just the hobby. Some hobby though!
Bhatia speaks on 12:10 - May 12 with 5265 viewsE15Hoop

Bhatia speaks on 11:57 - May 12 by slmrstid

Call me a cynic, but I suspect it was more bought into as a Premiership club (in Reuben's case) or a cheap Championship club to get into the top flight and get some exposure out of (Mittals) and now they've got an asset they can't get rid of for love nor money.

But it could also just be a hobby business for them, they've got proper businesses out there that make the proper money for their wealth, and QPR is just the hobby. Some hobby though!

Haha -true! Well there was definitely a lot of dick-waving when they first bought the club for sure, what with the glossy marketing brochures and the branded plane etc.
Your second point doesn't necessarily contradict the first - could be both, but I'm sure they're using it as "look at us, we're good guys" promotion in some form.
Bhatia speaks on 12:22 - May 12 with 5208 viewsLblock

Amit is a lovely geezer - both times I met him he was a Gent

I do think he cares about the club but that probably diluted a bit as their shares diluted.

Huge regret is the dwarf and the blob pulled out of a deal to sell them the club after promotion.... I actually hoped Bungle was coming in as a stalking horse only but alas not.
Under Amit and Ishkan I am 1,000% convinced we'd have a very different club, well run and not over a quarter of a billion in debt

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bhatia speaks on 12:29 - May 12 with 5159 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR 2022/2023 - Season Review

Suffering since 1978.

Bhatia speaks on 13:51 - May 12 with 4796 viewsSimonJames

Whatever those "solutions" are, I doubt they will include: get a more effective DoF, build a new profitable stadium fit for a club with ambitious growth targets, play consistent entertaining football.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bhatia speaks on 13:53 - May 12 with 4782 viewsTheChef

Bhatia speaks on 12:22 - May 12 by Lblock

I do think he cares about the club but that probably diluted a bit as their shares diluted.

Huge regret is the dwarf and the blob pulled out of a deal to sell them the club after promotion.... I actually hoped Bungle was coming in as a stalking horse only but alas not.
Under Amit and Ishkan I am 1,000% convinced we'd have a very different club, well run and not over a quarter of a billion in debt

Yeah sliding doors and all that.

Instead we ended up with Phil fkin Beard!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Bhatia speaks on 14:12 - May 12 with 4672 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Honest question...

Why?

They remind me of Max and Leo in The Producers as they surely can't be as incompetent as they are by accident.
Bhatia speaks on 14:13 - May 12 with 4678 viewsdaveB

He has lived off that Warnock appointment for a while now
Seems a nice guy but would rather have a full time chairman running the club
Bhatia speaks on 14:23 - May 12 with 4631 viewsstantheman10

Honest question...

Why?

We're a tax break on their vast fortunes
Bhatia speaks on 14:31 - May 12 with 4574 viewsJames_Paddocks

Bit like when a player tweets "fans were class today"

Just meaningless bollocks.
Bhatia speaks on 15:11 - May 12 with 4419 viewskensalriser

Bhatia speaks on 12:22 - May 12 by Lblock

The reason they didn't get the club is because they are better business people. Ecclestone and Briatore tried it on with them and failed is my reading of what happened there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bhatia speaks on 15:13 - May 12 with 4404 viewsMatch82

Bhatia speaks on 10:47 - May 12 by loftus77

I think it's actually perfect in this case! We spent the early part of the ride steadily going upwards and getting all excited about what's to come, then the majority of the season hurtling downwards with a bunch of twists and turns and no end in sight, just hoping we could get to the end of the ride and get off without throwing up.
Bhatia speaks on 17:23 - May 12 with 4039 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bhatia speaks on 17:31 - May 12 with 3995 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Bhatia speaks on 12:29 - May 12 by Superhoop83

QPR 2022/2023 - Season Review

Not as gruesome as the football served up by our lot this year.
Bhatia speaks on 17:38 - May 12 with 3956 viewsflynnbo

Aren't season tickets going on sale soon?
Bhatia speaks on 18:22 - May 12 with 3808 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bhatia speaks on 14:13 - May 12 by daveB

He has lived off that Warnock appointment for a while now
Seems a nice guy but would rather have a full time chairman running the club

Have to agree.
He does seem like a nice fella and he does seem like he cares but this is a crucial moment in our history and we need 100% focus and 100% concentration.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024