Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR 06:46 - Jan 13 with 2348 viewsloftboy

Riding to work this morning I must have witnessed at least 5 people gibbing on the pavement, anyone else think it’s unacceptable or is it just the norm and I’m being to precious?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 08:21 - Jan 13 with 1860 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think it is illegal in Singapore.
It doesn't look great I agree.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 8:21]
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 08:24 - Jan 13 with 1847 viewsjoe90

No, it is disgusting.

Also, people who put their feet up on seats on public transport annoys me!
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:17 - Jan 13 with 1693 viewsTacticalR

Not good.

Although I haven't been there for over ten years, I remember it was quite common in China. The government had an anti-spitting campaign before the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

Air hostess clique

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:22 - Jan 13 with 1666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't understand spitting on the pitch while playing either.

I've never stopped in the middle of a game, dumbstruck by the thought "d'you know what? I'll just hock a big loogie there now and that'll get me playing much better".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:31 - Jan 13 with 1644 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’ll raise you all a notch, with the spitting in Myanmar.

I lived there for a couple of years up until 2018 and there, both men and women chew the bettel nut and spit the contents out at will. And by that, I mean in formal meetings where they’ll spit into a bottle.

The nut/residue has a distinct pong and seeing as Mrs PH is still working there, you notice the smell the instant you leave the airport, as much as the sight of discoloured pavements/roads of the odious spittle. And when a user opens their mouth, their teeth have rotted and their mouths are a dark red.

Honourable mention the poster about China: they sure know how to flob one out there and right from the back of the throat.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:32 - Jan 13 with 1641 viewsMick_S

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:22 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I've never stopped in the middle of a game, dumbstruck by the thought "d'you know what? I'll just hock a big loogie there now and that'll get me playing much better".

I hate that too, Brian - and it's not as though some of them are unaware of the camera!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:37 - Jan 13 with 1622 viewsBrianMcCarthy

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:31 - Jan 13 by PlanetHonneywood

I lived there for a couple of years up until 2018 and there, both men and women chew the bettel nut and spit the contents out at will. And by that, I mean in formal meetings where they’ll spit into a bottle.

The nut/residue has a distinct pong and seeing as Mrs PH is still working there, you notice the smell the instant you leave the airport, as much as the sight of discoloured pavements/roads of the odious spittle. And when a user opens their mouth, their teeth have rotted and their mouths are a dark red.

Honourable mention the poster about China: they sure know how to flob one out there and right from the back of the throat.

If I remember rightly Orwell goes on about the bettel chewing a good bit in 'Burmese Days'.

Ooh, hark at me with my Orwell references!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 11:37]

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:40 - Jan 13 with 1602 viewsthame_hoops

I think its an eastern European thing, I have a site opposite the Romanian embassy and i parked up and saw at least 5 people in the line do this, men and women, was disgusting
Login to get fewer ads

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 1559 viewsizlingtonhoop

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:37 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

If I remember rightly Orwell goes on about the bettel chewing a good bit in 'Burmese Days'.

Ooh, hark at me with my Orwell references!
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 11:37]

Ironically; a man who died of TB
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:56 - Jan 13 with 1543 views2Thomas2Bowles

Also chewing gum, it's everywhere, more than fag ends as its stuck

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:16 - Jan 13 with 1485 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t see the point of it either.Even worse when you have a manager on the sidelines doing it too.And certain golfers are doing it now.
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:22 - Jan 13 with 1461 viewsheadhoops

You will get fined by these all new litter enforcement officers should you accidentally drop something out of your pocket - yet they do nothing about people openly spitting which to me is far worse.

If local councils want to introduce another stealth tax then forget £50 for dog sh1t and bring in £50 for spitting.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 1456 viewsAntti_Heinola

can't agree there - players want clear airwaves - it's not pleasant to see, but I'm not going to ask them to swallow some phlegm they'd rather get rid of just because some people find it gross. They're not gobbing onto people after all. Shall we give them all hankies?

Bare bones.

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:26 - Jan 13 with 1451 viewsTacticalR

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

can't agree there - players want clear airwaves - it's not pleasant to see, but I'm not going to ask them to swallow some phlegm they'd rather get rid of just because some people find it gross. They're not gobbing onto people after all. Shall we give them all hankies?

In the age of VAR hankies can be flown to the players by drones during the game.

Air hostess clique

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:30 - Jan 13 with 1432 viewsBrianMcCarthy

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:24 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

Hankies would be great. Monogrammed, naturally, with sponsorship. We could have little hankie breaks, the physio could bring them on and the player would have to leave the field after blowing one out and ask for permission to re-enter after the fourth official had inspected his nostrils.

This could be special.

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:32 - Jan 13 with 1419 viewsMick_S

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:30 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Hankies would be great. Monogrammed, naturally, with sponsorship. We could have little hankie breaks, the physio could bring them on and the player would have to leave the field after blowing one out and ask for permission to re-enter after the fourth official had inspected his nostrils.

This could be special.

I'd say best kept up their sleeves, like my mum did when I was a kid.

Or socks, if wearing short sleeves.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:37 - Jan 13 with 1388 viewsQPRSteve

Chewing gum has got to be one of the worse habits. It's everywhere you look on the streets. Even in pubs where they stick it it under the bar counter or the underside of tables.

And chewing it with you mouth open - disgusting. Sam Allardyce being a prime example.

I had a Polish history teacher at school who called chewing gum a "filthy American habit".
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 1331 viewssmegma

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 11:31 - Jan 13 by PlanetHonneywood

There's warning signs on Wembley High Road askng locals not to spit paan in the street.
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 1317 viewsMrSheen

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:30 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

This could be special.

We could have a spittoon carrier running on to collect donations during injuries, VAR, substitutions, etc. They could be chosen in an online poll from among the subs or players who have already gone off. Bring the game closer to the fans.
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1242 viewsTonto

people who spit their chewing gum onto the floor are even worse. Its an absolute nightmare or councils to clean off (and bloody expensive) and looks awful. Just look down on any high street and you see all these little white/pale brown splodges, where someone couldn't be arsed to put their chewing gum in a bin.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 12:55 - Jan 13 by MrSheen

We could have a spittoon carrier running on to collect donations during injuries, VAR, substitutions, etc. They could be chosen in an online poll from among the subs or players who have already gone off. Bring the game closer to the fans.

Reclaim The Game!

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 14:25 - Jan 13 with 1129 viewsBenny_the_Ball

You're clearly very fit, Brian. I'm usually thinking "Christ I'm too old for this lark".
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1091 viewsCaptainPugwash

Narrrrrrrrr...
Meningitis.
“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 15:51 - Jan 13 with 1011 viewsBoston

Who remembers Glen Hoddle and his ability to place a finger on one nostril, then fire a six inch long snot ten foot up the pitch?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 15:57 - Jan 13 with 1003 viewskensalriser

“Spitting”on pavements non QPR on 08:21 - Jan 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I think it is illegal in Singapore.
It doesn't look great I agree.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 8:21]

Being gay is illegal in Singapore too so I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024