Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offside? 07:14 - Nov 25 with 2453 viewsBerkoRanger

I was interested to see how many times Bonne strayed offside last night. Is anyone old enough to remember John O'Rourke? Lightening quick but ALWAYS caught offside!
Offside? on 07:44 - Nov 25 with 2400 viewswortonranger

John o’Rourke! There’s a name I’d forgotten! When we got our promotion from division 2 Ipswich were close rivals and he was their star striker. I went to the away game and I think he scored. So I was delighted when we signed him - never the same for us, a bit like Don Rogers.
With regard to Bonne, I don’t like to slate a player but.... have you ever seen a worse sub performance than that? I don’t recall him getting a single thing right. Would have loved to have seen Kelman get a cameo.
Offside? on 08:05 - Nov 25 with 2347 viewsdaveB

Bonne drives me mad, he is constantly offside and each game he seems to find new ways to be offside.
Offside? on 08:59 - Nov 25 with 2231 viewsdutch

Was it Devon White who never mastered the offside rule?
Offside? on 08:59 - Nov 25 with 2231 viewsted_hendrix

If we carried on playing through night Bonne would still be offside this morning.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Offside? on 09:01 - Nov 25 with 2217 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Offside? on 08:59 - Nov 25 by dutch

Was it Devon White who never mastered the offside rule?

In the afterlife there's Heaven, Hell and an Offside place. Where only Dominic Iorfa lives.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Offside? on 09:28 - Nov 25 with 2170 viewsstevec

There’s a few repeat issues that should be ironed out, lame offsides, lack of closing down on the flanks, sort of stuff that should be hammered into them at training.

Remember a third tier game home to Hartlepool where their winger must have been caught offside well into double figures in the first half alone. Wasn’t even varied, just the same run every time, to much amusement in the stands .
Offside? on 12:12 - Nov 25 with 1995 viewsbosh67

I think Bonne will learn. He's keen to play off the shoulder of the last defender but with the offside rule as it is he gets caught a lot. I am sure he will get his timing right. I think he will improve as time goes on. He's quick and he's good in the air but he needs time... and patience, which are two qualities we as fans are not that great at. I think there is a lot more to come from him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Offside? on 12:17 - Nov 25 with 1979 viewsPinnerPaul

Offside? on 12:12 - Nov 25 by bosh67

I think Bonne will learn. He's keen to play off the shoulder of the last defender but with the offside rule as it is he gets caught a lot. I am sure he will get his timing right. I think he will improve as time goes on. He's quick and he's good in the air but he needs time... and patience, which are two qualities we as fans are not that great at. I think there is a lot more to come from him.

Basics of offside hasn't changed for years and not likely to I don't think so think he has to learn.
Login to get fewer ads

Offside? on 14:14 - Nov 25 with 1871 viewsQPR_John

Offside? on 12:17 - Nov 25 by PinnerPaul

Basics of offside hasn't changed for years and not likely to I don't think so think he has to learn.

Well in the old days nobody was offside because they forgot to cut their toenails that morning
Offside? on 14:24 - Nov 25 with 1849 viewsAntti_Heinola

Offside? on 08:05 - Nov 25 by daveB

Bonne drives me mad, he is constantly offside and each game he seems to find new ways to be offside.

Pretty sure it's the same way every time - he stands beyond the last man.

Bare bones.

Offside? on 14:33 - Nov 25 with 1842 viewsTacticalR

What about Will Keane? He was born offside.

Air hostess clique

Offside? on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 1792 viewsfrancisbowles

Jimmy Greaves was caught offside a lot and he was the best goalscorer ever!

Trust our coaching staff to improve Bonn's game. They haven't really had much time with him so far.
Offside? on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 1736 viewsPinnerPaul

Offside? on 14:14 - Nov 25 by QPR_John

Well in the old days nobody was offside because they forgot to cut their toenails that morning

Thankfully neither Bonne nor ourselves have to worry about THAT nonsense at the moment!

Blimey, even I could have spotted Bonne's offsides last night!
Offside? on 15:53 - Nov 25 with 1732 viewsPinnerPaul

Offside? on 14:24 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

Offside? on 16:19 - Nov 25 with 1685 viewsterryb

Offside? on 14:24 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

There's nothing wrong with that providing you time your run correctly.

Last night it was infuriating as it allowed an easy was for Rotherham to bombard us.
Offside? on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 1630 viewsstainrods_elbow

Offside? on 12:12 - Nov 25 by bosh67

He's a 25 year old professional footballer FFS - how long has he been playing the game seriously? Maybe 15 years?

If patience is a virtue, you should be canonised!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Offside? on 23:02 - Nov 25 with 1505 viewsMyke

Offside? on 17:19 - Nov 25 by stainrods_elbow

He's a 25 year old professional footballer FFS - how long has he been playing the game seriously? Maybe 15 years?

If patience is a virtue, you should be canonised!

He's being a championship level striker for 5 minutes. Defenders movement and savvy at this level a new experience for him. His two neatly headed goals have earned us an additional 3 points, without which we would be 19th
Offside? on 23:08 - Nov 25 with 1496 viewstimcocking

I don't remember straying offside hardly ever when i was playing up front. Correct me if i'm wrong, but is it not remarkably easy to stay onside?
Offside? on 05:16 - Nov 26 with 1445 viewsMatch82

Offside? on 23:08 - Nov 25 by timcocking

I don't remember straying offside hardly ever when i was playing up front. Correct me if i'm wrong, but is it not remarkably easy to stay onside?

Remarkably easy to stay onside if that's your only goal sure. But if you're pushing for every advantage it can get a little less so. Risk reward. That's not say he's got it right yet, clearly not. But being as raw as he is, it feels teachable.
Offside? on 08:30 - Nov 26 with 1385 viewsstainrods_elbow

Offside? on 23:02 - Nov 25 by Myke

He's being a championship level striker for 5 minutes. Defenders movement and savvy at this level a new experience for him. His two neatly headed goals have earned us an additional 3 points, without which we would be 19th

I believe he played 36 times for Charlton last season in the Champ. So hardly a novice!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024