Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne booking 22:17 - Jan 12 with 4736 viewsstainrods_elbow

Turns out the ref carded him after his goal apparently for having the temerity to show that message to his dead sister under his shirt - this despite next to no one not made of cardboard being in the ground, and no camera on it. The only booking, by the way, in the whole game!

Andy Woolmer, hang your sad head in shame! What a complete, total and utter tosser you are!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 22:18]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bonne booking on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 3850 viewsbosh67

I wonder if that will be rescinded. Mainly because he didn't actually take his shirt off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bonne booking on 22:18 - Jan 12 with 3847 viewsdaveB

it's not the ref fault it's the daft rule, he has to book him
Bonne booking on 22:24 - Jan 12 with 3765 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't think he necessarily does - they have some discretion, surely? Just like letting go umpteen cases of shirt-pulling at corners and stealing yards at throw-ins. And if it is rescinded, that kind of proves my point anyway.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bonne booking on 22:25 - Jan 12 with 3745 viewsDorse

Bonne booking on 22:18 - Jan 12 by daveB

it's not the ref fault it's the daft rule, he has to book him

Law! He meant law, Pinner! Oh G_d, he meant law...! 😁

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bonne booking on 23:19 - Jan 12 with 3466 viewsMyke

I wonder how recently she passed away? Obviously young. Something like that would effect performances. Easy to stray offside a lot if your head not fully in the game. Very pleased with his goal tonight
Bonne booking on 23:22 - Jan 12 with 3434 viewsgigiisourgod

Bonne booking on 23:19 - Jan 12 by Myke

I wonder how recently she passed away? Obviously young. Something like that would effect performances. Easy to stray offside a lot if your head not fully in the game. Very pleased with his goal tonight

Definitely signs of a good player in there. Think he will really suit the role of a third choice striker behind Lyndon and Austin. Hopefully both Dykes and him can develop this year learning off the master and be ready to lead the line for us next year.
Bonne booking on 23:41 - Jan 12 with 3357 viewstimcocking

The prick...
Bonne booking on 00:15 - Jan 13 with 3281 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne booking on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 2826 viewsstowmarketrange

Although it is a stupid law,it is a bookable offence.Unless the ref knows what’s going on in every players life,how are they supposed to know that it’s a tribute to his late sister?
They can’t go and read every message on the shirts before deciding whether it’s worth a booking or not.
Bonne booking on 10:11 - Jan 13 with 2731 viewsfrancisbowles

It is ridiculous but he lifted the front of his shirt over his head and onto the back of his neck.
That seems to break the law and is a mandatory booking.

It is virtually a copy cat of the Chair incident, supporting Amos, earlier this season. Same ref as well I think. If he had just lifted the front of the shirt and held it up, I think he would have been ok.

What a finish for his goal though!
Bonne booking on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 2669 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne booking on 09:47 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

Although it is a stupid law,it is a bookable offence.Unless the ref knows what’s going on in every players life,how are they supposed to know that it’s a tribute to his late sister?
They can’t go and read every message on the shirts before deciding whether it’s worth a booking or not.

Agreed.
No blame on the ref.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne booking on 10:35 - Jan 13 with 2651 viewsqprd

Bonne booking on 23:22 - Jan 12 by gigiisourgod

Definitely signs of a good player in there. Think he will really suit the role of a third choice striker behind Lyndon and Austin. Hopefully both Dykes and him can develop this year learning off the master and be ready to lead the line for us next year.

theres a player there, his finishing is certainly very poor, but he seems to have a good sense of finding space and making positive runs off the ball

you even saw it yesterday when he made a few runs into the box and chair (in at least two instances) didnt pass to him, and he reacted quite angrily (which is good)

in some respects, he will probably be criticized more than dykes bc he will miss more chances (bc he seems to be involved in more goal scoring chances).... if the coaches can improve his finishing (and he picks up a trick or too from austin), he can be a 10 goal a season striker

chas is such a valuable signing bc hes going to take so much pressure off dykes/bonne for the rest of the season whilst they can develop
Bonne booking on 15:04 - Jan 13 with 2396 viewsPinnerPaul

Bonne booking on 22:25 - Jan 12 by Dorse

Law! He meant law, Pinner! Oh G_d, he meant law...! 😁

Yes I know, but you know, more things in life to worry about.........

I saw MW having words with the referee afterwards, wondered what it was about, my only thought was what would have been a rather petty moan about added time perhaps, but must have been this.

EVERY decision is judged in Championship and PL and the referee's mark for the game is based on this evaluation which forms 60% of his overall mark (20% for each club's marks) so if he had NOT cautioned him, he would have had to explain to both the observer and the weekly meeting of SG2 referees why he ignored the law, and of course his mark would have been lower.

I for one think its a stupid law, but Mrs Pinner thinks any footballer that takes shirt off is stupid - so there we go.

On a more serious/important note - his sister must have passed away at a young age - anyone know the circumstances?
Bonne booking on 15:09 - Jan 13 with 2372 viewsW7Ranger

Bonne booking on 15:04 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Yes I know, but you know, more things in life to worry about.........

I saw MW having words with the referee afterwards, wondered what it was about, my only thought was what would have been a rather petty moan about added time perhaps, but must have been this.

EVERY decision is judged in Championship and PL and the referee's mark for the game is based on this evaluation which forms 60% of his overall mark (20% for each club's marks) so if he had NOT cautioned him, he would have had to explain to both the observer and the weekly meeting of SG2 referees why he ignored the law, and of course his mark would have been lower.

I for one think its a stupid law, but Mrs Pinner thinks any footballer that takes shirt off is stupid - so there we go.

On a more serious/important note - his sister must have passed away at a young age - anyone know the circumstances?

Pinner, do you know if the ref that officiated our game at Brentford was "penalised" or pulled up by his seniors for the non red card for the foul on Dykes?
Bonne booking on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 2314 viewsstowmarketrange

Bonne booking on 15:09 - Jan 13 by W7Ranger

Pinner, do you know if the ref that officiated our game at Brentford was "penalised" or pulled up by his seniors for the non red card for the foul on Dykes?

He was punished by having to referee another Qpr game.That’ll teach him.
Bonne booking on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 2282 viewsMick_S

PP.

"I saw MW having words with the referee afterwards, wondered what it was about, my only thought was what would have been a rather petty moan about added time perhaps, but must have been this."

That was one of the things he was complaining about - MW did a little cameo of lifting his top up. Ooer, ref.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bonne booking on 16:12 - Jan 13 with 2219 viewsPinnerPaul

Bonne booking on 15:09 - Jan 13 by W7Ranger

Yes he would have been - hence why he apologised to the club I guess.

Saw a really good zoom presentation by John Brooks (PL Asst and now Champ Ref) and he showed a slide of the actual marking form - I was amazed. EVERY decision and non decision was judged and marked right or wrong - even down to throw ins!

Obviously highest marks given to key match incidents like that non sending off.

For these the observer invites comments from the referee on any key decisions he (the observer) thinks the ref got wrong - depending on what the ref says he then marks the decision accordingly - ie if ref was unsighted it becomes a mitigating factor - if no mitigation obviously mark will be worse.
Bonne booking on 16:15 - Jan 13 with 2200 viewsLongsufferingR

I did find it amusing that we had got to about 70 mins with no refereeing controversy whatsoever, and then he got in the way of a defence splitting pass!
Bonne booking on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 2172 viewsPinnerPaul

Bonne booking on 16:15 - Jan 13 by LongsufferingR

I did find it amusing that we had got to about 70 mins with no refereeing controversy whatsoever, and then he got in the way of a defence splitting pass!

Yeah saw that - bit of a no no at this level - but it happens and the recent change to the drop ball law has at least stopped it ever being the disaster it could be using the old 'play on' law.

Otherwise he did fine, 'easy' game to ref though.

One technical mistake that I was annoyed about though - Luton player ran back from an offside position and then played the ball in the Luton half - that's offside but Mr Woolmer made us take the FK in our own half - should have been taken where he touched the ball - fairly recent law change but he should know that - think Clive should knock off a mark for that!
Bonne booking on 17:26 - Jan 13 with 2069 viewsGloryHunter

The players know the law. First yellow card for a premeditated T-shirt reveal, second yellow card two minutes later for an accidental trip (or a clever opponent diving) and you're off, possibly costing your team the game. Idiotic.

Not to say reaching 5 yellow cards in a season and getting a ban, again possibly costing your team points.

Any player who wears a pre-printed message T-shirt under their match jersey is planning to risk sabotaging their own team, and should be heavily fined.
Bonne booking on 17:32 - Jan 13 with 2059 viewsStanisgod

Bonne booking on 10:31 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.
No blame on the ref.

It's Woolmer, it's his fault by default.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Bonne booking on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 2045 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bonne booking on 17:32 - Jan 13 by Stanisgod

It's Woolmer, it's his fault by default.

Well, of courrrrse, when you put it like that!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne booking on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 2025 viewsPinnerPaul

Bonne booking on 17:26 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

The players know the law. First yellow card for a premeditated T-shirt reveal, second yellow card two minutes later for an accidental trip (or a clever opponent diving) and you're off, possibly costing your team the game. Idiotic.

Not to say reaching 5 yellow cards in a season and getting a ban, again possibly costing your team points.

Any player who wears a pre-printed message T-shirt under their match jersey is planning to risk sabotaging their own team, and should be heavily fined.

You sound like Mrs PP, who added this classic to her argument today

"You wouldn't go to church and expect the priest to take off his shirt or the staff in Sainsbury's to, so why do footballers have to do it?"
Bonne booking on 18:22 - Jan 13 with 1944 viewsfrancisbowles

Bonne booking on 16:24 - Jan 13 by PinnerPaul

Yeah saw that - bit of a no no at this level - but it happens and the recent change to the drop ball law has at least stopped it ever being the disaster it could be using the old 'play on' law.

Otherwise he did fine, 'easy' game to ref though.

One technical mistake that I was annoyed about though - Luton player ran back from an offside position and then played the ball in the Luton half - that's offside but Mr Woolmer made us take the FK in our own half - should have been taken where he touched the ball - fairly recent law change but he should know that - think Clive should knock off a mark for that!

Yes, I was wondering if he had got that wrong.

Am I correct in saying that if Chair and last night Bonn had not pulled their shirts over the front of their heads and onto the back of the necks but had simply held them up to their chins, they would not have offended?
Bonne booking on 18:33 - Jan 13 with 1912 viewsTacticalR

Bonne booking on 18:22 - Jan 13 by francisbowles

Yes, I was wondering if he had got that wrong.

Am I correct in saying that if Chair and last night Bonn had not pulled their shirts over the front of their heads and onto the back of the necks but had simply held them up to their chins, they would not have offended?

We're going to need VAR to see how far people have pulled up their shirts.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024