Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Championship...meh 21:52 - Jun 10 with 3709 viewsconnell10

.Dont really care about this , to be honest I think the whole thing should be called off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

European Championship...meh on 22:13 - Jun 10 with 2319 viewsloftboy

20 years ago I would have booked the whole length of tournaments off work, I couldn’t even tell you what days England are playing this time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

European Championship...meh on 22:15 - Jun 10 with 2312 viewsgazza1

Looking forward to the Euro's......should be very interesting.
European Championship...meh on 22:50 - Jun 10 with 2264 viewsterryb

Personally, I'm looking forwaed to them.

The Olympic games, on the other hand, I couldn't care one bit about!
European Championship...meh on 23:00 - Jun 10 with 2213 viewsdaveB

you could always just not watch it
European Championship...meh on 23:04 - Jun 10 with 2232 viewsGloryHunter

I'm looking forward to it. Another step in "back to normal".

Just need a decent wallchart.
European Championship...meh on 00:24 - Jun 11 with 2166 viewsCLAREMAN1995

European Championship...meh on 22:15 - Jun 10 by gazza1

Looking forward to the Euro's......should be very interesting.

I can't wait to see it myself its going to be incredible and a great release after the last year + of Covid .
The time difference is going to make rough to see any live so a lot of late nights catching up and trying to avoid score alerts .
I also try and watch Copa America but seeing Vargas and Isla kill themselves playing for Chile stings a bit .Maybe it was the language barrier or just the hired guns they played with at QPR when they did not distinguish themselves here
European Championship...meh on 00:43 - Jun 11 with 2133 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I am to totally invested.
European Championship...meh on 07:48 - Jun 11 with 1975 viewsMoonshineSteve

I'm looking forward to it, always love a big tournament, always a good story somewhere along the line and a bit of excitement. Unfortunately I'm dry at the mo due to a marathon at the end of the month so my usual mode of enjoying games with a few beers is out but I should be fit for the latter stages.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

European Championship...meh on 08:20 - Jun 11 with 1898 viewsRangersw12

I can't wait to be honest and I will watch every game possible

Never understood football fans who are not interested in the national team
European Championship...meh on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 1826 viewsMrSheen

I used to find it more competitive and compelling than the World Cup as it featured more close high-quality games, but going the same way of quantity over quality.
1) It spoils the tournament. 8 teams great, 16 surprisingly still good, 24? If a team can get out of its group with three draws, it doesn't give them much of an incentive to attack, and it increases the chances that both teams in the final group game already know they can qualify with a draw and only mess it up if they try to win.
2) It really ruins qualifying, no peril and suspense for the bigger nations when they are routinely kept apart. (Scottish readers may have different opinions!)
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 8:47]
European Championship...meh on 08:46 - Jun 11 with 1820 viewsessextaxiboy

European Championship...meh on 08:20 - Jun 11 by Rangersw12

Its because the England players until recently have not been interested in the national team.The likes of Rooney Gerrard etc
I lost interest in the Ericcson era when he would change half the team at half .time .It was like a training game 2nd half .
Plus it brings all the plastic fans out with car flags and the chance to throw beer in the air but have never been to a game .
Dykes not getting injured is my prime interest .
European Championship...meh on 08:57 - Jun 11 with 1783 viewsgazza1

Totally agree.......
European Championship...meh on 09:23 - Jun 11 with 1724 viewsToast_R

Don't care enough to create a thread about how much you don't care about it. Strange.
European Championship...meh on 09:26 - Jun 11 with 1710 viewsW7Ranger

I can't wait. First tournament in 3 years??!! Bring it on!
European Championship...meh on 09:32 - Jun 11 with 1687 viewsGloryHunter

European Championship...meh on 09:23 - Jun 11 by Toast_R

Don't care enough to create a thread about how much you don't care about it. Strange.

Like people you meet at social gatherings who make a point of telling you how much they dislike football.
European Championship...meh on 10:08 - Jun 11 with 1634 viewsMoonshineSteve

Don't know what the OP's aim was but sometimes people post what they feel to see if anyone else feels similar and maybe to start a debate as to why. Sometimes I'm not in the groove on a subject and want someone to stir up my enthusiasm.

European Championship...meh on 10:45 - Jun 11 with 1573 viewswood_hoop

I am the same, this is supposedly one of our national games and England look to have a reasonable chance on paper to do well.

Will eave the ner do wells to their 'devil worshiping' ......
European Championship...meh on 10:51 - Jun 11 with 1558 viewscolinallcars

I'm finding it difficult to contain my apathy.
I'm just interested in how Dykes gets on for Scotland but unlikely to watch any games on the box.
European Championship...meh on 11:16 - Jun 11 with 1532 viewsconnell10

Thats why its called a message board, and yes im strange!

European Championship...meh on 11:18 - Jun 11 with 1529 viewsconnell10

European Championship...meh on 10:08 - Jun 11 by MoonshineSteve

Don't know what the OP's aim was but sometimes people post what they feel to see if anyone else feels similar and maybe to start a debate as to why. Sometimes I'm not in the groove on a subject and want someone to stir up my enthusiasm.

Well yes .

European Championship...meh on 11:31 - Jun 11 with 1505 viewsKonk

I was completely indifferent to it as I hate UEFA, but now it's here, the wallchart's gone up on the wall, and I'm looking forward to it. Not sure whether it's to do with the pandemic or not, but the build-up/buzz seems pretty low key here in Bristol. Nothing much out and about to tell you that there's a major tournament about to start. Don't think I've seen anyone out in an England shirt or whatever either, which feels a bit odd.

Hoping for good things for England, Scotland and Wales.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

European Championship...meh on 11:40 - Jun 11 with 1489 viewsMoonshineSteve

"Well yes".

Okay, debate. Well, perhaps the deprivation from live football has made you feel a step removed from it. Maybe you're feeling disengaged from the national team because of the way elite football has become so self-absorbed. Maybe (like me) supporting a Championship club means you pay less attention to the Prem so find yourself reading the team sheet and saying "Who?". Maybe the lockdown has adversely affected your mood and you need cheering up.

As to stirring up enthusiasm:

C'mon!
Get in!
etc

How's that?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 11:43]

European Championship...meh on 11:58 - Jun 11 with 1458 viewsAntti_Heinola

Another excited one here. Love international tournaments - may not have the passion for England that I had as a younger man, but 2018 was fantastic and we have a good squad. 16 countries was the optimum for the Euros in my view, agree with the post above. Shame they expanded it. 16 was tight, with all really good teams. But it'll still be really good, especially with some fans in.

Bare bones.

European Championship...meh on 12:34 - Jun 11 with 1392 viewsdaveB

I think it's quite an open tournament. France look like the favourites but thats a tough group they have. Add in the uncertainty of COVID and if just one player gets ill as we saw with Spain last week you might get some real shocks with players missing.

I think if England get to the last 4 they would have done brilliantly, think this is coming a year too soon for this squad to win it
European Championship...meh on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 1407 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm somewhere in between excited and disinterested.

Can't stand the hype around England at every major tournament, but as I don't spend my time slagging off Sky whilst sending them money every month, I don't get to see much live football outside QPR and my refereeing.

Will watch the 8pm games but if the weather stays as it is, won't be coming indoors to watch the 2/5pm KOs. If home nation involved will record and watch later - that has the added advantage of avoiding all the pre and post match 'chat' and the half time 'analysis'!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024