Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Championship...meh 21:52 - Jun 10 with 3707 viewsconnell10

.Dont really care about this , to be honest I think the whole thing should be called off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

European Championship...meh on 12:47 - Jun 11 with 1321 viewsaston_hoop

I can't wait, a good exciting young and likeable England team, a couple of home nations, a few countries who think they could win it and matches starting in the afternoon while I'm working from home. Bring it on!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European Championship...meh on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 1277 viewsdaveB

European Championship...meh on 12:38 - Jun 11 by PinnerPaul

I'm somewhere in between excited and disinterested.

Can't stand the hype around England at every major tournament, but as I don't spend my time slagging off Sky whilst sending them money every month, I don't get to see much live football outside QPR and my refereeing.

Will watch the 8pm games but if the weather stays as it is, won't be coming indoors to watch the 2/5pm KOs. If home nation involved will record and watch later - that has the added advantage of avoiding all the pre and post match 'chat' and the half time 'analysis'!

despite the hype I've not heard a pundit tip us to win it yet. If we win the group that 2nd round looks tricky
European Championship...meh on 13:14 - Jun 11 with 1286 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I find it a bit weird that it's not based in one (or two) countries as it seems to lower the intensity when there are a zillion 'hosts'. Still beats watching Love Island though.
European Championship...meh on 13:18 - Jun 11 with 1270 viewsSuperhoop83

Looking forward to it more than I ever expected.

I cannot fathom why the odds on England winning are so short when we don't have a good defence, but maybe we can outscore the other teams?

Really looking forward to Dykes playing too. I wouldn't even mind him scoring a winner against England - as long as England qualify for the last 16.

I'm even looking forward to tonight's match - and not just because I have Turkey in a sweepstake.

Suffering since 1978.

European Championship...meh on 13:58 - Jun 11 with 1240 viewsPinnerPaul

European Championship...meh on 13:08 - Jun 11 by daveB

despite the hype I've not heard a pundit tip us to win it yet. If we win the group that 2nd round looks tricky

Maybe 'hype' was the wrong word - blanket coverage might have been better.

Easyish to ignore I know - but the whole 'taking the knee' debate illustrates my point I think.
European Championship...meh on 14:00 - Jun 11 with 1238 viewsPinnerPaul

European Championship...meh on 13:18 - Jun 11 by Superhoop83

Looking forward to it more than I ever expected.

I cannot fathom why the odds on England winning are so short when we don't have a good defence, but maybe we can outscore the other teams?

Really looking forward to Dykes playing too. I wouldn't even mind him scoring a winner against England - as long as England qualify for the last 16.

I'm even looking forward to tonight's match - and not just because I have Turkey in a sweepstake.

England odds for all major tournaments are always shorter than they should be because of the amount of money staked.
European Championship...meh on 16:48 - Jun 11 with 1133 viewsHayesender

I was in the meh cattegory, but now its getting towards sunday, ive put up some bunting in the garden, got a load of beers and cider chilling, and sorted out my internet connection so it reaches the back garden.

You wouldn't think i'm 50 years old

Poll: Shamima Beghum

European Championship...meh on 17:23 - Jun 11 with 1097 viewsPlanetHonneywood

European Championship...meh on 22:50 - Jun 10 by terryb

Personally, I'm looking forwaed to them.

The Olympic games, on the other hand, I couldn't care one bit about!

I’m the total opposite, just love the Olympics. Had an eye on Japan and so I’ll itching like a squaddie after two days R&R on Patpong Road when the tickets come out for Paris 2024.

As for the Euros, I only found out that England and Scotland are in the same group a few days ago. Naturally hope England go well, but just not arsed by it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

European Championship...meh on 18:25 - Jun 11 with 1061 viewsstevec

European Championship...meh on 11:58 - Jun 11 by Antti_Heinola

Another excited one here. Love international tournaments - may not have the passion for England that I had as a younger man, but 2018 was fantastic and we have a good squad. 16 countries was the optimum for the Euros in my view, agree with the post above. Shame they expanded it. 16 was tight, with all really good teams. But it'll still be really good, especially with some fans in.

There’s more European countries in the Finals than there are out of them. Ludicrous position of 3 teams out of 4 going through to knockout in most of the groups makes it less interesting than the Champions league before Xmas.

Put them all in the finals, 11 groups of 4, top team goes through to last 16 alongside 5 highest points/goals from the second places.

The big bonus would be no qualifying and therefore an end to the succession of two week international breaks we suffer in September, October, November and March.

Can’t imagine they’ll be many sides properly up for it with all that’s been going on which probably gives England their best chance for a long time.
European Championship...meh on 18:42 - Jun 11 with 1051 viewspaulparker

I love tournament football but even I’m meh
No away fans
No host country
No build up
Stadiums less than half full
Il watch it but I’m not excited for it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

European Championship...meh on 19:02 - Jun 11 with 1035 viewshantssi

European Championship...meh on 18:42 - Jun 11 by paulparker

I love tournament football but even I’m meh
No away fans
No host country
No build up
Stadiums less than half full
Il watch it but I’m not excited for it

Me too in a nut shell!
European Championship...meh on 19:52 - Jun 11 with 994 viewsdenhamhoop2

Think it will be a poor tournament full of players out on their feet following a frenetic season. Then throw in there will be absences because of CoVid and it might well be a case of last man standing not the best team winning but the team with the most fully fit players.
Did enjoy hearing Nessun Dorma blasted out at opening ceremony. Aah Italia 1990 now there was a Tournament
European Championship...meh on 21:05 - Jun 11 with 948 viewsMrSheen

Interesting first half. Italy look sharp, Turks finding their feet, but Italy won't mind them coming out of their shell more.
European Championship...meh on 22:07 - Jun 11 with 894 viewsRanger_Things

3-0 win for Italy. They look very decent.
European Championship...meh on 22:10 - Jun 11 with 886 viewsAntti_Heinola

Decent start I thought. Turkey looked dreadful, but saving themselves for Wales maybe ;)
Italy looked really good, albeit against a poor side. They look like they'd beat England.

Bare bones.

European Championship...meh on 22:11 - Jun 11 with 881 viewsdmm

I really enjoyed that game, not something I will often say these days after watching an international football match.
European Championship...meh on 22:25 - Jun 11 with 867 viewsPhildo

European Championship...meh on 22:11 - Jun 11 by dmm

I really enjoyed that game, not something I will often say these days after watching an international football match.

Yep enjoyed that think there are a fair few decent sides in this
European Championship...meh on 22:30 - Jun 11 with 858 viewspaulparker

European Championship...meh on 22:10 - Jun 11 by Antti_Heinola

Decent start I thought. Turkey looked dreadful, but saving themselves for Wales maybe ;)
Italy looked really good, albeit against a poor side. They look like they'd beat England.

Early days

I’d fancy our front three against their back four

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

European Championship...meh on 22:37 - Jun 11 with 849 viewsjoe90

I find all the media hype in the build up to the euros off putting but enjoy once it gets going.

Turkey were very poor tonight and it will be interesting to see Italy against a better team. I've got a feeling the score line was flattering.
European Championship...meh on 00:14 - Jun 12 with 766 viewsAntti_Heinola

European Championship...meh on 22:37 - Jun 11 by joe90

I find all the media hype in the build up to the euros off putting but enjoy once it gets going.

Turkey were very poor tonight and it will be interesting to see Italy against a better team. I've got a feeling the score line was flattering.

it was flattering.
To Turkey.

Italy would prob come unstuck against Fr/Be, and PP is right, we have a strike force to match anyone's - but Italy's defence will be great as usual. Their keeper is brilliant and Chiellini is miles ahead of anything we have, even at about 36.

Bare bones.

European Championship...meh on 00:18 - Jun 12 with 759 viewsaston_hoop

That Italy team did the Czechs 4-0 last Friday, both sides strong. So lets compare whe we play them. The Czech side barely got into the Italy half.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European Championship...meh on 11:47 - Jun 12 with 601 viewsSK_hoops

I can't wait either, the only annoying thing is that they are letting 3 teams qualify from groups. Group F would have been so much more exciting if one of France, Germany and Portugal got the boot early on.
European Championship...meh on 14:17 - Jun 12 with 545 viewsjoe90

European Championship...meh on 00:14 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

it was flattering.
To Turkey.

Italy would prob come unstuck against Fr/Be, and PP is right, we have a strike force to match anyone's - but Italy's defence will be great as usual. Their keeper is brilliant and Chiellini is miles ahead of anything we have, even at about 36.

Have to agree about their defence. Chiellini was excellent.
European Championship...meh on 14:57 - Jun 12 with 498 viewsToast_R

European Championship...meh on 00:14 - Jun 12 by Antti_Heinola

it was flattering.
To Turkey.

Good defender even though he looks about 55. The sign of a great defender is bite marks from Suarez.
European Championship...meh on 15:11 - Jun 12 with 479 viewsMick_S

European Championship...meh on 14:57 - Jun 12 by Toast_R

Good defender even though he looks about 55. The sign of a great defender is bite marks from Suarez.

Wales defender more interested with manhandling the forward than attacking the ball. Switzerland score.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024