Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyler Roberts Missing Again 08:50 - Oct 29 with 16815 viewsNorthantsHoop

Two identical non performances from Tyler at Brum and Luton. He is either unfit or not up for it, tend to feel he is a bit of a luxury player, once Armstrong came on looked much more effective.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:03 - Oct 29 with 6152 viewsozexile

I'll probably be criticized here for writing him off too early. But I'd return to sender.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:17 - Oct 29 with 6080 viewsdaveB

He looked like he was struggling quite early with his calf but yeah he didn't have the best of games
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:26 - Oct 29 with 6053 viewsbosh67

Definitely carrying an injury. I've met him several times behind the scenes and he's a top lad that wants to do well. But he simply hasn't been 100% fit yet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:44 - Oct 29 with 5975 viewsRangersw12

Not fit and not up for it

Terminate his loan
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:48 - Oct 29 with 5946 viewsfrancisbowles

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 09:44 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

Not fit and not up for it

Terminate his loan

I think I'll let Mick Beale be the judge of that, in January, if necessary and if we can get a suitable replacement.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 5849 viewsNorthantsHoop

Out of the 4 loanees Tim Iroegbunam and Ethan Laird have been great. But Tyler Roberts and Taylor Richards are just not on the money for me. Would much rather have had Adomah coming on later in game or Dozell. Think Dozell is much improved this season and gets the nod over Richards who I know has been injured but looks bang average at the moment. We should be playing our own players like Amos, Adomah and Dozell over Roberts and Richards. Tim Iroegbunam is a special looking player and we are seeing him get better game by game.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 5832 viewsRed_Ranger

Terminate with extreme prejudice
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 10:54 - Oct 29 with 5767 viewsbosh67

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 10:29 - Oct 29 by NorthantsHoop

Out of the 4 loanees Tim Iroegbunam and Ethan Laird have been great. But Tyler Roberts and Taylor Richards are just not on the money for me. Would much rather have had Adomah coming on later in game or Dozell. Think Dozell is much improved this season and gets the nod over Richards who I know has been injured but looks bang average at the moment. We should be playing our own players like Amos, Adomah and Dozell over Roberts and Richards. Tim Iroegbunam is a special looking player and we are seeing him get better game by game.

I think this is a little harsh. I agree that Adomah is unlucky because he brings experience and composure, but Richards is coming back from a big injury and once fully match fit I think we will see a different player. Roberts is carrying an injury he is struggling to shake off. That's been the problem, not his ability or attitude. Iroegbunam is a great looking player but needs to learn to get stuck in, he tends to shirk a tackle and he needs to be braver. He has huge potential but pulling out of tackles isn't great. I agree Dozzell is a better player this season but the problem with games like last night's is that we get out muscled. We have a lot of technical players but we lack a few proper play breakers. As me and others have said, moving Dom Ball out before Mick even got a chance to see him was a mistake. Last night was a perfect Dom Ball game, as was Luton. We need another player like that to add a physical element to a very good technical, but not particularly muscular side.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:03 - Oct 29 with 5747 viewswortonranger

I thought we signed Roberts, not a loan?
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:12 - Oct 29 with 5694 viewsdistortR

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 10:29 - Oct 29 by NorthantsHoop

It has been suggested that Richards is ours in all but name. I thought he played a good little cameo last night, showed for the ball well. Can see him giving Chair someone to bounce off.
Roberts is disappointing on the whole, but Armstrong isn't quite up to speed yet and I don't think the other 3 mentioned can play his role - Albert maybe, but his pace has gone now.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:12 - Oct 29 with 5697 viewsnix

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:03 - Oct 29 by wortonranger

I thought we signed Roberts, not a loan?

I think that's Taylor Richards. We're buying him at a pre-agreed price provided we don't go down but we have an option to buy Tyler Roberts at a price outside our current price range unless we get promoted (£4.5 million). If I've got that the right way round.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:20 - Oct 29 with 5659 viewsdaveB

Personally thought Amos was poor again last night but targets as usual are the loan players.

it's ridiculous to want to send these players back or write them off so quickly, Richards has hardly played yet and Roberts is clearly struggling with a knock when fit at the start of the season he looked exciting
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:25 - Oct 29 with 5637 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is he likely to make the Wales squad? He didn’t seem particularly keen to try and run it off unlike JCS.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:28 - Oct 29 with 5624 viewsOldPedro

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:25 - Oct 29 by Watford_Ranger

Is he likely to make the Wales squad? He didn’t seem particularly keen to try and run it off unlike JCS.

I think he will make the Wales world cup squad providing he is fit

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:37 - Oct 29 with 5589 viewsMedwayR

I suspect he knew his calf wasn't 100% but was close enough and decided to play anyway with the WC coming up hoping to make an impression, then when he felt the slightest strain decided to bail on the idea to make sure he didn't rule himself out of the WC. All speculation of course but I was trying to consider things from his perspective. Overall, he's been disappointing and I'm not sure what he really brings. If we have a season-long loan agreed with an option to buy if we go up, would there even be an option to end the loan early, I guess Leeds would have to agree to it?

Richards has barely played but will come good I think, he lost possession a lot last night but was a difficult game for him to come on in.

I think Brum had 5 loan players in their team last night and all of them looked good signings for them, it's rare for all of them to work out so well but I think we've done pretty well overall with ours too.

Poll: Who’s better?

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:56 - Oct 29 with 5499 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:37 - Oct 29 by MedwayR

I suspect he knew his calf wasn't 100% but was close enough and decided to play anyway with the WC coming up hoping to make an impression, then when he felt the slightest strain decided to bail on the idea to make sure he didn't rule himself out of the WC. All speculation of course but I was trying to consider things from his perspective. Overall, he's been disappointing and I'm not sure what he really brings. If we have a season-long loan agreed with an option to buy if we go up, would there even be an option to end the loan early, I guess Leeds would have to agree to it?

Richards has barely played but will come good I think, he lost possession a lot last night but was a difficult game for him to come on in.

I think Brum had 5 loan players in their team last night and all of them looked good signings for them, it's rare for all of them to work out so well but I think we've done pretty well overall with ours too.

Yeah, I feel bad for being pissed off at him as none of us know the extent of his injury. However, it's not a good look to not even contemplate getting some treatment and then slope off. He just looked like he wasn't up for it.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 12:02 - Oct 29 with 5487 viewstraininvain

I’d keep him as sending him back just means one less body with a long season ahead. Hopefully Beale will get the best out of him over time.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 12:58 - Oct 29 with 5352 viewspaulparker

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:20 - Oct 29 by daveB

Personally thought Amos was poor again last night but targets as usual are the loan players.

it's ridiculous to want to send these players back or write them off so quickly, Richards has hardly played yet and Roberts is clearly struggling with a knock when fit at the start of the season he looked exciting

Agree with you on Amos Dave , I must see things differently to a lot on here as I think he is very poor at this level

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 13:06 - Oct 29 with 5312 viewsdistortR

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 12:58 - Oct 29 by paulparker

Agree with you on Amos Dave , I must see things differently to a lot on here as I think he is very poor at this level

he plays well every once in a while, but not strong enough or influential enough in general.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 13:43 - Oct 29 with 5213 viewsgolborne

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 13:06 - Oct 29 by distortR

he plays well every once in a while, but not strong enough or influential enough in general.

Only the 6 goals from Amos was it last season after missing a chunk of it.

Everybody thought he was a world beater in the early part of the season. He’s the best presser in the team hands down, mostly cos of his pace over short distances and needs a run in the team. I thought we came to life when he came on. At least we had somebody trying to get beyond their defence. It must have been the ball frustratingly getting stuck under is feet and going out after making a good run that’s stained his performance..

Timi is an interesting one from folk on this board. Love him running with the ball and he’ll be a good player, but he seldom goes a game without giving a goal away, or nearly giving one away. 2 goals thus far (Reading and Luton) and nearly’s in at least 3-4, maybe more. Most due to not being strong enough when dribbling in the wrong area. As Sinton has said multiple times, he needs to realise he ain’t playing youth football anymore, he’s in the very physical championship! I wonder whether he would play so freely in these areas, if he was our own and he knew his career relied on making it here. Not saying he isn’t committed, as he was very unlucky against Reading whilst trying to make amends for his mistake (was trying to throw himself across a shot, but the fella pulled it back), just wish he wouldn’t take these risks in defensive areas and seemingly get glowing reviews from our fans for it.
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 13:52 - Oct 29 with 5170 viewsMatch82

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:12 - Oct 29 by distortR

It has been suggested that Richards is ours in all but name. I thought he played a good little cameo last night, showed for the ball well. Can see him giving Chair someone to bounce off.
Roberts is disappointing on the whole, but Armstrong isn't quite up to speed yet and I don't think the other 3 mentioned can play his role - Albert maybe, but his pace has gone now.

I noticed a few times when Richards and Chair both tried to move into the same spaces without the ball. They aren't on a complimentary wavelength yet but that's what playing together more often will help with and I think you'll see a better version of Richards after that
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 14:13 - Oct 29 with 5110 viewsCamberleyR

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:25 - Oct 29 by Watford_Ranger

He had/has a calf niggle. You can't run those off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 14:22 - Oct 29 with 5088 viewsSydneyRs

My Leeds supporting nephew was delighted that he left...
Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 14:58 - Oct 29 with 5001 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 11:20 - Oct 29 by daveB

i thought Amos was a huge improvement on anyone in the first half personally. Haven't seen the stats,but suspect he won the ball more than anyone else in our team inside 45 mins.

Bare bones.

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 15:00 - Oct 29 with 4993 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tyler Roberts Missing Again on 14:22 - Oct 29 by SydneyRs

My Leeds supporting nephew was delighted that he left...

my Leeds mate rates him and thinks those booing him don't know their Rs from their elbow. Bielsa certainly rated him. I think he knows a bit about football.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024