Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'll just put this here ... 18:44 - Oct 30 with 8803 viewsUxbridge

.... as I'm getting a bit fed up. It's a Sunday evening, I've had a great week off and here I am arguing the toss over interpretations of past things which the Trust have held their hands up to, or utterly spurious accusations.

As a Trust, we cannot continue like this. The burden on the officers is untenable. The debate needs to move on to the following:
a) what the Trust is going to do next in terms of the next Supporters Director,
b) what action the Trust is going to take in terms of legal action against the sellers and the buyers
c) what discussions the Trust are going to have in terms of the new owners. Sell or stay? What role should the Trust have.

If there are allegations of past indicretions then of course they need to be addressed, however the above is what is important, for all parties. We are at a critical point in our history and this could all too easily go awry.

The future now has to be the focus. The past? Mistakes were made by good people. Think you could do better? Good. Stand. The Trust needs you.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I'll just put this here ... on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 2211 viewsswancity

I'll just put this here ... on 18:53 - Oct 30 by exiledclaseboy

Post of the week. I can't understand the undermining of the Trust at this time.

I can't quite understand the attempts to undermine the Trust but I can certainly understand why many of our supporters are livid to the point that serious questions are being asked. I do not know any of those involved but looking in from the outside, it's clear that the Trust have rightly been criticised. From many angles. And they seem to have accepted the criticism.

I think they've been swatted to one side almost as an irrelevance by the previous owners who should be ashamed of their devious handling of the sale transaction. Greed has been a factor. But it's seems that the Supporter Director has not been doing his job properly.

Now why are the Trust dallying over their perilous position in terms of the legal action against the previous owners ? And where do they stand with it?

I'm not too sure that the Trust has a future, at least not in its present format. It reminds me of the Territrial Army trying to take on the Russians with Captain Mainwaring and Pike in charge.😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I'll just put this here ... on 19:51 - Oct 30 with 2190 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'll just put this here ... on 19:47 - Oct 30 by swancity

I can't quite understand the attempts to undermine the Trust but I can certainly understand why many of our supporters are livid to the point that serious questions are being asked. I do not know any of those involved but looking in from the outside, it's clear that the Trust have rightly been criticised. From many angles. And they seem to have accepted the criticism.

I think they've been swatted to one side almost as an irrelevance by the previous owners who should be ashamed of their devious handling of the sale transaction. Greed has been a factor. But it's seems that the Supporter Director has not been doing his job properly.

Now why are the Trust dallying over their perilous position in terms of the legal action against the previous owners ? And where do they stand with it?

I'm not too sure that the Trust has a future, at least not in its present format. It reminds me of the Territrial Army trying to take on the Russians with Captain Mainwaring and Pike in charge.😂

Completely agree that the Trust has received and taken much valid criticism this week, much if it from me.

Poll: Tory leader

I'll just put this here ... on 20:03 - Oct 30 with 2125 viewsUxbridge

I'll just put this here ... on 19:51 - Oct 30 by exiledclaseboy

Completely agree that the Trust has received and taken much valid criticism this week, much if it from me.

And clearly the Trust needs to get back the members' trust.

Any ideas on that score welcome. Because, beyond what has already been done, it's difficult to know what else could be done. Apart from build a time machine of course.

I'll just put this here ... on 20:08 - Oct 30 with 2090 viewsswancity

I'll just put this here ... on 20:03 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Any ideas on that score welcome. Because, beyond what has already been done, it's difficult to know what else could be done. Apart from build a time machine of course.

I'm not sure if it's retrievable. Too much water has gone under the bridge. the Trust may well be history. I'm not concerned by that either way. A new organisation completely with new blood may be needed.

I'll just put this here ... on 20:10 - Oct 30 with 2069 views3swan

I'll just put this here ... on 20:03 - Oct 30 by Uxbridge

Well simplistically I would guess that the Trust Board is answerable to its members, and if there hasn’t been a call of no confidence then you carry on with your stated aims.

Given time your (the Trust) actions will either gain the trust or not of the members
I'll just put this here ... on 20:11 - Oct 30 with 2065 viewsDarran

I'll just put this here ... on 20:08 - Oct 30 by swancity

I'm not sure if it's retrievable. Too much water has gone under the bridge. the Trust may well be history. I'm not concerned by that either way. A new organisation completely with new blood may be needed.

It's a shame you never invested in the club in the way you always said you were going to do perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess then.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2016 20:11]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'll just put this here ... on 20:13 - Oct 30 with 2042 viewsUxbridge

I'll just put this here ... on 20:10 - Oct 30 by 3swan

Well simplistically I would guess that the Trust Board is answerable to its members, and if there hasn’t been a call of no confidence then you carry on with your stated aims.

Given time your (the Trust) actions will either gain the trust or not of the members

There'll be an AGM in the coming weeks.

Aye, time I guess.

I'll just put this here ... on 20:17 - Oct 30 with 2012 viewsbarry_island

I'll just put this here ... on 20:11 - Oct 30 by Darran

It's a shame you never invested in the club in the way you always said you were going to do perhaps we wouldn't be in this mess then.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2016 20:11]

Sometimes Game of Thrones is easier to follow than this forum.

Who is Swancity?
Who is Millie?
Who is Dougie?
Who is Xmastree?
Who is BigPhilG?
Who is T2C's source?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Login to get fewer ads

I'll just put this here ... on 20:18 - Oct 30 with 2007 viewsSmellyplumz

I'll just put this here ... on 19:30 - Oct 30 by Phil_S

I'll happily back that up but I need to know who you are first - drop me a PM and let me know and then I will confirm on here

Sorry if that feels cloak and dagger but I have no idea who is who on here any more

Pm sent

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I'll just put this here ... on 20:28 - Oct 30 with 1939 viewsPhil_S

I'll just put this here ... on 20:18 - Oct 30 by Smellyplumz

Pm sent

Thank you and backed up as promised

Edited as it read like a perch reply

This post has been edited by an administrator
I'll just put this here ... on 20:31 - Oct 30 with 1920 viewswaynekerr55

I'll just put this here ... on 20:08 - Oct 30 by swancity

So how would the 'newco' trust acquire the 'oldco' shares then?

Not.
Going.
To.
Happen.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'll just put this here ... on 20:36 - Oct 30 with 1887 viewsswancity

I'll just put this here ... on 20:31 - Oct 30 by waynekerr55

So how would the 'newco' trust acquire the 'oldco' shares then?

Not.
Going.
To.
Happen.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Not sure if it could?

But I think they've pissed on their chips.

I'll just put this here ... on 20:37 - Oct 30 with 1871 viewsairedale

How would SCFC benefit from the Trust taking legal action against past and present shareholders?
I'll just put this here ... on 20:42 - Oct 30 with 1841 viewsicecoldjack

I'll just put this here ... on 19:47 - Oct 30 by swancity

Great post .
I'll just put this here ... on 20:47 - Oct 30 with 1800 viewsbarry_island

and Swancity is?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

I'll just put this here ... on 20:52 - Oct 30 with 1654 viewsymaohyd

I'd liken the current state of the club to a round of golf by a high handicapper. You might luck out on a few holes, but over 18, the unforgiven sport that it is, brings you down to your knees.

Given the background of the people who used to run the club and may be still involved in its running, I could never quite believe the success that we achieved. A great piece of luck or brilliant planning? The trust must also be included in this analogy, guilty of complacency, deceit? Personally I'd go for the former.

Whatever, those chickens are coming home to roost now and we're on the 18th . Some, good decisions a lot of lucking out. Relegation probably beckons , personally i'm not too bothered about that, but it will be very interesting to see what our new owners do if what looks like the inevitable happens?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

I'll just put this here ... on 20:54 - Oct 30 with 1643 viewsWitneyjack

I'll just put this here ... on 20:17 - Oct 30 by barry_island

Who is Swancity?
Who is Millie?
Who is Dougie?
Who is Xmastree?
Who is BigPhilG?
Who is T2C's source?

T2c's source? I would guess the person he met up with a couple of years ago and swapped mobile numbers with. The same person who was one of those who recently cashed in on our success. It's not rocket science to work out that by feeding him snippets of info it deflects away from criticism of him and the other shareholders.
I'll just put this here ... on 20:55 - Oct 30 with 1626 viewsJackfath

I'll just put this here ... on 20:47 - Oct 30 by barry_island

and Swancity is?

Murph

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'll just put this here ... on 20:59 - Oct 30 with 1592 viewsDewi1jack

I'll just put this here ... on 20:37 - Oct 30 by airedale

How would SCFC benefit from the Trust taking legal action against past and present shareholders?

Can't see any benefit on taking the new shareholders on.
The Trust needs to try and get a working relationship with them.
So I can't see any benefit in that to SCFC, the Trust or the new shareholders.

The EX shareholders, if they have broken regulations and the Trust can make some money off them, should have the bollox sued off them- nothing to lose for the Trust there.
Just shouldn't drag on too long.
Sue them or give a statement to say why not.

Total transparency and explanations on why major decisions by the Trust, have been taken.
Less of the use of "commercially sensitive info" get out clause.
It's like call centres/ whoever saying " can't tell you.Data Protection Act" but panicking when you challenge them with the said act and its contents
Going to take the (mostly excellent) volunteers a bit of time to type and press send to all Trust members as an EMail, but will lead to rebuilding our trust in the Trust.
Non-members may just get p1ssed off reading the statements second hand and throw their tenner in as well. Happy days- Win win

We need to be united from here on in.
Certainly as a fan base. Preferably behind the Trust as well.
Certainly for the next few weeks at least.
Give the Colonials and the Trust 3 or 4 weeks to start putting the club and themselves to rights.
The past started 1 minute ago.
The Trust need to use their past mistakes and learn from them for the present and the future.
As they appear to be doing

Edit.
Excellent OP and as much notice of an AGM as possible, so I and others can arrange to take the time off/ get cover in.
Much appreciated.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2016 21:01]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

I'll just put this here ... on 21:08 - Oct 30 with 1558 viewsBigPhilG

I'll just put this here ... on 20:17 - Oct 30 by barry_island

Who is Swancity?
Who is Millie?
Who is Dougie?
Who is Xmastree?
Who is BigPhilG?
Who is T2C's source?

By all accounts Millie is Huw Cooze.

Swancity, Dougie,xmastree and I are all Darran, or it could be Jackfath I'm not sure
I'll just put this here ... on 21:10 - Oct 30 with 1545 viewsDarran

I'll just put this here ... on 21:08 - Oct 30 by BigPhilG

By all accounts Millie is Huw Cooze.

Swancity, Dougie,xmastree and I are all Darran, or it could be Jackfath I'm not sure

I'm Darran. (I think)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'll just put this here ... on 21:12 - Oct 30 with 1533 viewsjacksfullaces

in short, power corrupts

however, everyone at the bottom of the power struggle fighting over the rights and wrongs of the last few years allow the clowns at the top to get away scott free.

ironically holding the powers that be to account and being impartial and objective would be the main criticism to be levelled at the trust.

so lets continue not doing that and fight amongst ourselves then is it?

Sad times
I'll just put this here ... on 21:17 - Oct 30 with 1497 viewswaynekerr55

I'll just put this here ... on 20:36 - Oct 30 by swancity

Not sure if it could?

But I think they've pissed on their chips.

Well we have a number of options:

Wind the trust up and let Mr Creosote and the rest laugh at us
En masse new blood to join the trust
Get behind the trust

We have to unite!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'll just put this here ... on 21:19 - Oct 30 with 1484 viewsBigPhilG

I'll just put this here ... on 21:10 - Oct 30 by Darran

I'm Darran. (I think)

I'm not sure about that
I'll just put this here ... on 21:23 - Oct 30 with 1458 viewsWatchman

Naive people are being used and their egos are enjoying it and in time to come, they'll look back and not think too good of themselves.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024