Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Taylor 11:47 - Mar 5 with 4482 viewsBenJ94

Should any action be taken against him? We all know that it was probably the worst decision against any team in a long long time, luckily, in the end, it didn't affect the outcome, but if we'd lost or drawn I'd be a lot more pissed than I am now. So, should we take the matter to the FA? Could this be the incident that changes people's mind on Video Referee's etc?
Anthony Taylor on 14:01 - Mar 5 with 1701 viewsElward

I've never known a job where you can make such horendous mistakes, which could of been costly, and not be diciplined over it. More to the point, i've never known a job where you can make mistakes, and if anyone mentions it, they will be the one diciplined.
Anthony Taylor on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 1676 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anthony Taylor on 13:23 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

A two minute delay is infinitely preferable to all parties rather than a clusterf*ck like that penalty award.

Always liked the idea of a referral system like cricket, but I'd like to see the ref have the ability to check himself without a review request if he feels the need.

Too many two minute delays will eat considerably into my post-match drinking time. Of that I do not approve.

Poll: Tory leader

Anthony Taylor on 14:14 - Mar 5 with 1653 viewswaynekerr55

Anthony Taylor on 11:51 - Mar 5 by Darran

First thing that should be happening imo is that refs should be explaining some of their decisions and Taylor should explain what he saw.
I'm not usually one to go on about decisions going against us like the Chelsea penalty not given last week seeing as we had a staggering decision go for us in the home fixture but yesterday's decision was incredibly bizarre.

Nothing to do with the Cinzano's he drunk on a stag do in the week, hey?

PS - it seems your stalker Tremmel is back down-arrowing you.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Anthony Taylor on 14:15 - Mar 5 with 1645 viewsClinton

Anthony Taylor on 12:05 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

If you see the replay immediately after the ball hits Vokes' hand Gylfi appealed for hand ball. He was the only one to appeal. Burnley didn't AFAIK

On MOTD last night. I thought I saw one Burnley player right in front of the ref appealing. I think he saw a hand ball and responded to that appeal.
Unfortunately I haven't got the replay available to have another look.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Anthony Taylor on 14:18 - Mar 5 with 1637 viewsClinton

Anthony Taylor on 13:59 - Mar 5 by skippyjack

If a Dr makes a mistake it costs people their lives.. Anthony Taylor earns more than Dr's..

Yesterday's decision was like telling a blind man he can see.. and he doesn't need a guide dog.

But you're not allowed to question experts and millionaires these days.. in case it hurts their feelings.

How much do refs earn? Or how much are they paid is more accurate? Whether they earn it is moot.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Anthony Taylor on 14:21 - Mar 5 with 1622 viewsKingBony

Guys, I've no idea if this has been commented on as I've not had a proper read through yet.

As far as I'm concerned Joey Barton won that penalty and Anthony Taylor didn't see a damn thing.

If you watch Barton is straight at the ref wildly smacking his arm, I am 99% sure this action has made him point to the spot.

The audacity of two or maybe 3 Burnley players to call the handball was shocking imo. I genuinely don't think he'd have given it otherwise.

Dyce moans about something every week, how he can argue we were given a decision at the end is beyond me, we hammered them.

Oh and Vokes can eff off as well doing a Welsh club....where's the honesty these days?? He could have admitted it was his arm and got a bollocking off his manager so what!! Feckin footballers 🙄

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Anthony Taylor on 14:24 - Mar 5 with 1608 viewsperchrockjack

King

You must have been in the same coma as me as I'm buggered as to what Vokes brings to Wales apart from someone qualified and willing to wear the shirt.

Bog standard average player

International in name only

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anthony Taylor on 14:32 - Mar 5 with 1580 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cricket
Tennis
Rugby Union
Rugby League (for years)
Hockey
all use video replay for important decisions and no game is faster than Hockey, but even they have a referral system for infringements within the "D".
There is just too much money involved in Football for all decisions to be left up to the Refs.
Login to get fewer ads

Anthony Taylor on 14:33 - Mar 5 with 1568 viewsClinton

Anthony Taylor on 13:27 - Mar 5 by union_jack

If something is brought in I'd like to see the clock stopped a la rugby but not sure how that would work for time wasting infringements.

It's difficult in football. Far easier in rugby.

When a try is apparently scored you have to wait 2 minutes for the video ref almost always these days. Spoils the spontaneity for me.
I'd rather the occasional error than having to wait on every goal. Especially when you are in the ground the joy is celebrating hard as the goal goes in. If you know it's going to video all the time, it'll spoil it a bit.

Anthony Taylor on 14:49 - Mar 5 with 1520 viewsjacabertawe

Surely the serious consideration regarding a wrong decision such as the one we are referring to here is that the resultant penalty could possibly result in a team being relegated, for instance.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Anthony Taylor on 14:54 - Mar 5 with 1493 viewsmikecranleigh

Anthony Taylor on 12:45 - Mar 5 by waveydavey

Taylor has reffed us 4 times in the last 3 seasons.
1.QPR away .Routledge incorrectly sent off and Rob Green not sent off when deliberately handling outside the area.
2. Liverpool away . Only goal of game a Liverpool penalty given when Neil Taylor had his back to the ball.
3. Everton away. Nothing controversial as far as I remember (I may be wrong)
4. Yesterday
It's not a very good record is it?

Fair comment there.
Maybe a letter to the FA from the Club asking for him not to officiate against again may stir things up?
Doubt it though
Anthony Taylor on 14:59 - Mar 5 with 1473 viewssP7qupUf

Anthony Taylor on 11:57 - Mar 5 by DafyddHuw

Thing is though, refs can just shrug this off as a mistake and move on to the next game.

But that decision could well have cost us the game and we could easily have got relegated because of it. For teams down ther like us fighting for survival, ref's mistakes can cost millions of pounds.
We really need to be using video tech asap.

Quite right.

Also, it would cost the city millions ....and that involves ordinary folk's jobs and livelihoods as Premier League football brings in a fortune.
Anthony Taylor on 15:15 - Mar 5 with 1413 viewsskippyjack

Anthony Taylor on 14:01 - Mar 5 by Elward

I've never known a job where you can make such horendous mistakes, which could of been costly, and not be diciplined over it. More to the point, i've never known a job where you can make mistakes, and if anyone mentions it, they will be the one diciplined.

Everyone makes mistakes in every job.. it's just some people think they're invincible.. when they're just human.. like all of us.

They actually build you up to have invincibility syndrome.. and a superiority complex..

It's a fascinating watch

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Anthony Taylor on 16:04 - Mar 5 with 1327 viewsacejack3065

Stop the clock like they do in rugby. Should've been 5 or 6 added minutes yesterday not 4.
Anthony Taylor on 16:06 - Mar 5 with 1324 viewsmonmouth

Anthony Taylor on 16:04 - Mar 5 by acejack3065

Stop the clock like they do in rugby. Should've been 5 or 6 added minutes yesterday not 4.

Glad there wasn't! I was chewing my nails up to my elbows as it was.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anthony Taylor on 16:07 - Mar 5 with 1053 viewsswan65split

Some good comments observations on the you tube site

Anthony Taylor on 16:57 - Mar 5 with 1014 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Anthony Taylor on 14:15 - Mar 5 by Clinton

On MOTD last night. I thought I saw one Burnley player right in front of the ref appealing. I think he saw a hand ball and responded to that appeal.
Unfortunately I haven't got the replay available to have another look.

No surprise here, it was that cheating prick Joey Barton.

And this angle (same one Taylor had, and he was only 15' away) proves that there is no excuse for any confusion. From that angle, that arm couldn't possibly belong to anyone but Vokes.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Anthony Taylor on 18:54 - Mar 5 with 967 viewsLoyal

Anthony Taylor on 11:53 - Mar 5 by swancity

Quite simply an error. It wasn't costly. Get over it.

Yes mistakes happen, but he has a serious history of mismanagement in games, especially against us. He is just overall incompetent. The refs association and FA have an opportunity to put him on a close mentoring programme, it's about time refs were suspended if they continue making huge errors. It would happen in normal occupations, even players get dropped when they need to be.
And I don't mean inflicting their incompetence at a lower level on other teams where it's even harder to analyse them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anthony Taylor on 19:05 - Mar 5 with 963 viewsmonmouth

Anthony Taylor on 16:57 - Mar 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

No surprise here, it was that cheating prick Joey Barton.

And this angle (same one Taylor had, and he was only 15' away) proves that there is no excuse for any confusion. From that angle, that arm couldn't possibly belong to anyone but Vokes.

I' more persuaded now that he just bottled it with Barton in his face. The main reason that he must have panicked is that the Swansea player has long sleeves, so even a seconds rational thought would have led to the right call.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anthony Taylor on 19:08 - Mar 5 with 960 viewsdna

3 days on the lash

Didn't do Kevin Friend any good either!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scrutiny-referees-increases-anthony-

And 4 mins injury time - 5 substitutions and 2 goals - their right back and keeper must have wasted 5 mins at least
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 19:15]
Anthony Taylor on 19:37 - Mar 5 with 915 viewsDan_Swan

I may very well be wrong on this but I thought if handball is deemed deliberate then the sanction is a Yellow card & penalty. Reason for that is because the player is deemed to have handled the ball to break up play.

He had a good view, even took the time to watch the players land to see which player he thought handled it.

Anyone see Taylor brandish one, because I didn't?

Still following Dr's orders!

Anthony Taylor on 19:42 - Mar 5 with 900 viewsLoyal

Anthony Taylor on 19:37 - Mar 5 by Dan_Swan

I may very well be wrong on this but I thought if handball is deemed deliberate then the sanction is a Yellow card & penalty. Reason for that is because the player is deemed to have handled the ball to break up play.

He had a good view, even took the time to watch the players land to see which player he thought handled it.

Anyone see Taylor brandish one, because I didn't?

Quite simply because he didn't see who did it.
Which in itself says a lot about him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Anthony Taylor on 19:48 - Mar 5 with 879 viewsswan65split

Anthony Taylor on 18:54 - Mar 5 by Loyal

Yes mistakes happen, but he has a serious history of mismanagement in games, especially against us. He is just overall incompetent. The refs association and FA have an opportunity to put him on a close mentoring programme, it's about time refs were suspended if they continue making huge errors. It would happen in normal occupations, even players get dropped when they need to be.
And I don't mean inflicting their incompetence at a lower level on other teams where it's even harder to analyse them.

especially against us?!!!!!....................interesting !
Anthony Taylor on 20:03 - Mar 5 with 845 viewsLoyal

Anthony Taylor on 19:48 - Mar 5 by swan65split

especially against us?!!!!!....................interesting !

Bearing in mind yesterday was the first home game we have payed that we have won under his officiating in the premier league.
Yes, very interesting.

Anthony Taylor on 20:53 - Mar 5 with 808 viewsblackjackwood

Anthony Taylor on 19:08 - Mar 5 by dna

3 days on the lash

Didn't do Kevin Friend any good either!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/scrutiny-referees-increases-anthony-

And 4 mins injury time - 5 substitutions and 2 goals - their right back and keeper must have wasted 5 mins at least
[Post edited 5 Mar 2017 19:15]

Apart from the penalty, he should have given at least three yellow cards to burnley players
( including one which would have been a second card so a red !! ) for deliberate obstructions and a couple of pull backs, AND why didn't he allow Siggy to take the corner at the end of the first half ?

Injury time . . he obviously couldn't get off the pitch quick enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024