Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans 11:00 - Jul 21 with 5585 viewsE20Jack

IS VJ MALLYA BUYING SWANSEA CITY FC?

India media are running a rumour that VJ Mallya, the disgraced former chairman of United Spirits, wants to buy a Premier League football team, specifically Swansea City, for about £110m.

The team, which narrowly avoided relegation last season, would add to his portfolio of sporting interests, including the Force India Formula 1 team (which he is said to be in the process of renaming the better to attract sponsors) and the Royal Challengers Bangalore Indian Premier League cricket franchise.

Swansea was taken over by an American consortium just over a year ago. Neither side has commented on the rumours.

Mallya, who has been declared a “wilful defaulter” by Indian courts as well as being found in contempt of the Supreme Court for failing to make a full disclosure of his assets, is contesting extradition from Britain to India after fleeing to the UK in March 2016.

At the centre of the case is some £1.1bn in debts and interest Indian banks claim Mallya owes them. He has always contested this sum and maintains that he wishes to agree a settlement.

Meanwhile, India’s legal authorities have now delivered to the Crown Prosecution Service details of the charges against Mallya. They include laundering some £150m through various shell companies in India, Ireland, the US, France and the Seychelles.

That money is alleged to have been part of a loan to Mallya’s now bankrupt Kingfisher Airlines from IDBI bank, formerly the Industrial Development Bank of India. It was said to have been used for purposes such as aircraft leasing and maintenance but, it is alleged, no confirming records have been found.

Mallya denies all the charges all charges against him and claims they are politically motivated. One of his arguments is that Indian jails are substandard compared with European institutions and thus, as he will be imprisoned to await trial immediately he sets foot in India, he will be caused undue suffering.

India’s government has told Britain that anyone extradited from the UK will be lodged in a jail with proper facilities but that nobody will be given preferential treatment. It claims that it has already instructed the Maharashtra regional government to upgrade Mumbai’s Arthur Road prison where Mallya will be held if he is extradited.

The full court hearing on the extradition warrant will be start on December 4. Meanwhile Mallya remains on bail in the UK.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:10 - Jul 21 with 1296 viewsUplandsJack

I just hope his true/not true story makes every trust member realise, a vote for legal action is the ONLY sensible vote if you want an opportunity to secure our club for the long term future.

Thanks to those sell-out Scum Judas bast@rds, reports like these will continue until eventually one actually happens.
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:13 - Jul 21 with 1291 viewsdobjack2

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:01 - Jul 21 by E20Jack

It is inevitable sadly and always will be until the Trust can acquire enough shares to stop it from happening. The offer from the Americans most certainly is nowhere near enough to acquire a decent professional club in good health.

It's not necessarily the Americans Themselves that we have to fear but their exit strategy whenever that comes into play.

The drag rights seem critical to their strategy.
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:17 - Jul 21 with 1278 viewsE20Jack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:13 - Jul 21 by dobjack2

It's not necessarily the Americans Themselves that we have to fear but their exit strategy whenever that comes into play.

The drag rights seem critical to their strategy.

We should fear anyone without the clubs best interests at heart. I can't envisage a time when that will happen again in the future while we dont have the ability to take over the club ourselves.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:19 - Jul 21 with 1271 viewscymrojack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 12:43 - Jul 21 by E20Jack

£75m is what they paid for the 68% shares wasn't it?

£35,000,000 or $45,000,000 (46% ROI) is one hell of a cash out after a year, regardless of red tape costs. Especially after the close shave we had last year and a legal case 'potentially' on the horizon in which they clearly have no confidence in winning.

Do I think this story is true? No. Do I think a story similar to this could become reality in the not too distant future? Absolutely.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:07]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:23 - Jul 21 with 1260 viewsE20Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:19 - Jul 21 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:07]

That was what I read the deal to be from various sources at the time. Could be wrong however as not seen the details since.

But £100m for 68% means the club was valued at £147m. Which I doubt.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:26 - Jul 21 with 1251 viewsdobjack2

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:17 - Jul 21 by E20Jack

We should fear anyone without the clubs best interests at heart. I can't envisage a time when that will happen again in the future while we dont have the ability to take over the club ourselves.

Get what you mean.

They have making money for themselves as the reason for their investment, however until their exit strategy comes into play they may be looking to keep the club ticking over.

if they can get a 100% sale to whoever they want then I would guess that long term sustainability of the club will not be part of their agenda. Just $$$$ plain and simple.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 21 with 1226 viewscymrojack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:23 - Jul 21 by E20Jack

That was what I read the deal to be from various sources at the time. Could be wrong however as not seen the details since.

But £100m for 68% means the club was valued at £147m. Which I doubt.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:08]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:41 - Jul 21 with 1202 viewsE20Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 21 by cymrojack

Well until I see evidence then I cannot change my view. That is a massive bit of news if correct though.

It means that the 21% of the Trusts shares would get £30m if a court case was won and the Americans were forced to buy at the price they initially paid and not the c£21m as reported.

Can anyone from the Trust confirm?

Login to get fewer ads

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 13:44 - Jul 21 with 1193 viewsGlyn1

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 11:03 - Jul 21 by Pegojack

Would he pass the 'fit and proper person' ownership test? Not that I have much faith in that.

I can't believe that you said that with a straight face.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 14:51 - Jul 21 with 1136 viewsDewi1jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:35 - Jul 21 by cymrojack

May we ask if you have other figures to hand, would you kindly share what you know/ think you know with the rest of us.
Even if it's a complete guess could help many work out whether the deal on the table is good or not.
Would certainly help us get closer to working out what the sellout vermin made.

Trust shares have always been valued at about £21 million by the Trust board in their musings on here and press releases.
And that is the figure that most of us are working with.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 15:07 - Jul 21 with 1113 viewsYossarian

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 11:17 - Jul 21 by oldcob

The present board are a bunch of cowboys, so is it time to give the Indians a go?

With no one really in a position to judge the merits of this individual, let alone determine the accuracy of the reporting, its probably better to say Porthcawl. However, the Yanks haven't been shockers to date and in line with the 'better the devil you know' theory, why risk another 'Venkys'?....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 15:09 - Jul 21 with 1106 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I doubt the Americans will be interested in selling their shares for less than they paid especially with the vastly increased TV money they will get this season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 15:12 - Jul 21 with 1097 viewsE20Jack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 15:07 - Jul 21 by Yossarian

With no one really in a position to judge the merits of this individual, let alone determine the accuracy of the reporting, its probably better to say Porthcawl. However, the Yanks haven't been shockers to date and in line with the 'better the devil you know' theory, why risk another 'Venkys'?....

Nothing to do with us, neither us or the Trust can stop any share sale.mso us weighing up risk doesnt really mean anything.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 15:50 - Jul 21 with 1047 viewsFlashberryjack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 12:38 - Jul 21 by hobo

They have probably been advised by their own legal team that should the Trust take them to court then the Trust will likely win. Maybe they know it will be too expensive for them

The trust won't be taking them to court.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 16:52 - Jul 21 with 1001 viewsDarran

There's already an Indian Jacks box at the ground so it's a big yes from me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 17:21 - Jul 21 with 946 viewsDewi1jack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 16:52 - Jul 21 by Darran

There's already an Indian Jacks box at the ground so it's a big yes from me.

Saves the club a few quid in redecoration costs.

Unless a certain sellout fancies one of his companies putting on a coat of paint...

Then waiting until it's nearly finished and saying it needs a second coat to bump up the price

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 18:01 - Jul 21 with 906 viewsoldcob

Never mind the half-time pies, it'll be bhajis for us, or curry and naan bread.
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 850 viewsvetchonian

We have had the Cowboys so why not the Indians?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 19:26 - Jul 21 with 838 views3swan

This 'news' is in the media the day the Trust Consultation Voting Form is sent out.
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 21:49 - Jul 21 with 768 viewsLeonWasGod

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 11:17 - Jul 21 by Loyal

I think he fits the bill perfectly for football club ownership.
I can't see the issue here.

Have you got, or can persuade people that you have, or think you might be able to get your hands on, lots of money?
Yes.
Ok, you're in.
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 21:52 - Jul 21 with 761 viewsLeonWasGod

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 19:26 - Jul 21 by 3swan

This 'news' is in the media the day the Trust Consultation Voting Form is sent out.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Uxbridge Singh wasn't available for comment.
Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 22:24 - Jul 21 with 720 viewsDewi1jack

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 21:52 - Jul 21 by LeonWasGod

Uxbridge Singh wasn't available for comment.

If this "story" is a fabrication by people (dangerous ground against a very rich man, worth in excess of £1 billion) then it proves that the Drag rights are a bad option against the Trust and therefore a reason to reject the deal on the table.

Leaving options 2 and 3

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 22:25 - Jul 21 with 718 viewsGlyn1

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 19:26 - Jul 21 by 3swan

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmm What?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 22:27 - Jul 21 with 711 viewsjackportis

Does India have a Bob Bradley equivalent? Be grate to see the Indian fan base rise if this deal happens.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 705 viewsBanosswan

Indian businessman interested in buying out Americans on 22:27 - Jul 21 by jackportis

Does India have a Bob Bradley equivalent? Be grate to see the Indian fan base rise if this deal happens.

Virat Kholi decides everything in India.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024