Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash 04:21 - Jul 28 with 6814 viewsAnotherJohn

I took a look at one of the Everton fan forums to see the latest Sigurdsson news (there isn't any) and came across this:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ashley-williams.97908

If Gylfi should read this, he might pause to reflect on how quickly the coveted prize signing can become the 'donkey' the fans want rid of.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 04:38 - Jul 28 with 5688 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The obnoxious arrogance of their supporters is pretty amazing, given their place in the food chain.

"I can see Swansea re-signing him in twelve months' time when they are back in the Championship. It'll be the Welsh version of Rooney returning to Merseyside."

This was my favorite part though.

"Imagine how good he was for Swansea
Then imagine how good Sigurdsson is for Swansea

Now the reality and worry sets in..."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 05:00 - Jul 28 with 5660 viewsJethroJack

So, in just one season, he's gone from being "our irreplaceable leader" (according to some on here) and one of the best defenders at the Euros to being an overweight donkey on Merseyside. Good bit of business by us then, to get rid this time last year 😊

As the title suggests, the Curse is as strong as ever.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 06:18 - Jul 28 with 5577 viewsSTID2017

Not too keen are they ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 07:31 - Jul 28 with 5406 viewsBirchgrovejack

Everton are fast becomming my least favourite premier league rival. The arrogance of their fans is infuriating all of a sudden.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 07:35 - Jul 28 with 5383 viewspencoedjack

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 05:00 - Jul 28 by JethroJack

So, in just one season, he's gone from being "our irreplaceable leader" (according to some on here) and one of the best defenders at the Euros to being an overweight donkey on Merseyside. Good bit of business by us then, to get rid this time last year 😊

I was a big Williams fan but it was obvious that it was too good a deal to turn down

Watched the 1st half of their game yesterday & Ash was shocking along with most of their team. Top 4 ? More likely to be mid table on last nights showing
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:01 - Jul 28 with 5293 viewsSPboy

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 04:38 - Jul 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

The obnoxious arrogance of their supporters is pretty amazing, given their place in the food chain.

"I can see Swansea re-signing him in twelve months' time when they are back in the Championship. It'll be the Welsh version of Rooney returning to Merseyside."

This was my favorite part though.

"Imagine how good he was for Swansea
Then imagine how good Sigurdsson is for Swansea

Now the reality and worry sets in..."

Obnoxious, arrogant, .... yep just a couple of the milder words that sums up Everton supporters
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:06 - Jul 28 with 5259 viewsDr_Winston

As many said at the time, £12m for a defender just about on the far side of his peak was an excellent deal. Our defence becoming leakier than Julian Assange was down to the presence of Bobbly, not the absense of Ash.

Swapping him for Mawson and making £7m on the deal was one of our best bits of business in years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:08 - Jul 28 with 5247 viewsSTID2017

"Let he who is without sin" and all that ...
The way quite a few on here have chastised Gylfi, and he's done little wrong and gone nowhere.
God help if he actually has the audacity to join another club

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 5098 viewsbyron

Some have very short memories, people in bits on here last season as we looked doomed with no defence to speak of and no leaders on the pitch.....if we had gone down people would point to losing Ash. He helped Everton loads last season.

Benny

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:39 - Jul 28 with 5084 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hardly a curse he made his big money deal bet he is quids in.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:47 - Jul 28 with 4794 viewsWarwickHunt

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:39 - Jul 28 by felixstowe_jack

Hardly a curse he made his big money deal bet he is quids in.

My Haitian mate put a curse on him - "may he turn into a fat bastard with a dodgy Barnet and play like a cûnt".

I never used to believe in Voodoo...
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 4783 viewsBarrySwan

Ashley Williams was an integral part of our rise and establishment in the premier and is possibly one of the best value Swans signings of all time, solid as a rock when needed and a superb long range passer of the ball from the back.

However it was clearly obvious that whilst still an integral part of the defence that he was generally slowing up and increasingly relied on basically 'being all over' opposing attackers in order to stop them.

My own view is that in his last season or two he got away with a minimum of at least two genuine Penalty calls per game, getting away with most of them I'd have thought partly due to what I call 'Robbbie Savage syndrome' i.e. committing so many fouls / handballs that a Referee doesn't give them because he can't actually believe that a player is actually committing so many fouls and thinks that he must be imagining them.

It was quite obvious that the idiots at Everton's offer of £12m had to be snapped up as it allowed us to buy Mawson at less than half the price.

All we need to do now is get rid of the king of cheap unnecessary edge of the box free kick giveaways and generally unreliable everywhere else Fernandez, and the other centre half makeweights we have, and find another Mawson, and we're sorted whilst the Everton supporters continue to cry into their weak Northern beer over our ex centre half.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:52 - Jul 28 with 4767 viewsMo_Wives

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:47 - Jul 28 by WarwickHunt

My Haitian mate put a curse on him - "may he turn into a fat bastard with a dodgy Barnet and play like a cûnt".

I never used to believe in Voodoo...

Ah...the old 'Elton John curse'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:54 - Jul 28 with 4751 viewsjack247

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:01 - Jul 28 by SPboy

Obnoxious, arrogant, .... yep just a couple of the milder words that sums up Everton supporters

They've got a few quid and suddenly think they are Bayern Munich. It's going to hurt in September/October when it dawns on them they won't grow out of their neighbours shadow.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:57 - Jul 28 with 4740 viewsHighjack

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 08:01 - Jul 28 by SPboy

Scousers in general really.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:59 - Jul 28 with 4734 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Playing every week for a club twice as big as us for more money and playing in Europe

Hell of a curse that .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:10 - Jul 28 with 4695 viewsDarran

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:59 - Jul 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

Playing every week for a club twice as big as us for more money and playing in Europe

Hell of a curse that .

Tom seriously mate people have lost all concept of association football in the 21st century.

Gylfis going to be suicudal if things don't work out for him when he's earning £100k plus a week and he's getting nasty things said about him on the Everton version of Planetswans.

You couldn't make this shit up mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:55 - Jul 28 with 4568 viewsAnotherJohn

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:10 - Jul 28 by Darran

Tom seriously mate people have lost all concept of association football in the 21st century.

Gylfis going to be suicudal if things don't work out for him when he's earning £100k plus a week and he's getting nasty things said about him on the Everton version of Planetswans.

You couldn't make this shit up mun.

Everybody wants to be loved though Darren. You of all people should know that! I just thought it ironical that just as some Evertonians are lauding this year's big target on one thread, a goodly number are slagging off last season's Welsh signing on another.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:58 - Jul 28 with 4545 viewsjasper_T

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 05:00 - Jul 28 by JethroJack

He was our third best centreback at the Euros I don't know how you can claim he was one of the best defenders in the tournament.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 12:56 - Jul 28 with 4383 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:55 - Jul 28 by AnotherJohn

Everybody wants to be loved though Darren. You of all people should know that! I just thought it ironical that just as some Evertonians are lauding this year's big target on one thread, a goodly number are slagging off last season's Welsh signing on another.

If I was being paid £150,000 a week to play football, quite frankly I wouldn't care what a bunch of saddo's on an internet forum were saying about me.
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:15 - Jul 28 with 4293 viewsAnotherJohn

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 12:56 - Jul 28 by AngelRangelQS

If I was being paid £150,000 a week to play football, quite frankly I wouldn't care what a bunch of saddo's on an internet forum were saying about me.

You are being too literal - the wider point is that things often don't work out as well as fans or players hope, and the situation can change very quickly. Yes, Ash is likely to look back on his move to Everton as one that brought him big bucks (though he was already a multi-millionaire), but will his on-field memories be as positive as he hoped? I know some of you think money is everything. One wonders if Mr Tan offered Darren, Tom or yourself an attendance fee, executive box and limo for every game you'd metamorphosize into redbirds?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 13:16]
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:35 - Jul 28 with 4226 viewsMarinaJack

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:15 - Jul 28 by AnotherJohn

You are being too literal - the wider point is that things often don't work out as well as fans or players hope, and the situation can change very quickly. Yes, Ash is likely to look back on his move to Everton as one that brought him big bucks (though he was already a multi-millionaire), but will his on-field memories be as positive as he hoped? I know some of you think money is everything. One wonders if Mr Tan offered Darren, Tom or yourself an attendance fee, executive box and limo for every game you'd metamorphosize into redbirds?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 13:16]

But ash didn't grow up supporting the swans or hating Cardiff

football is a job to these guys all he has done is swop one employer for another who pays him more money

ash is a Swansea legend but his legs are going, hell be out of this everton team soon but he will have made his money by then and won't care ;)
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:39 - Jul 28 with 4209 viewsDarran

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 11:55 - Jul 28 by AnotherJohn

Why should I of all people know that?

If you think these players give a fuçk about anything other than the money you want to pack football in John.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:52 - Jul 28 with 4140 viewsSPboy

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 10:49 - Jul 28 by BarrySwan

Ashley Williams was an integral part of our rise and establishment in the premier and is possibly one of the best value Swans signings of all time, solid as a rock when needed and a superb long range passer of the ball from the back.

However it was clearly obvious that whilst still an integral part of the defence that he was generally slowing up and increasingly relied on basically 'being all over' opposing attackers in order to stop them.

My own view is that in his last season or two he got away with a minimum of at least two genuine Penalty calls per game, getting away with most of them I'd have thought partly due to what I call 'Robbbie Savage syndrome' i.e. committing so many fouls / handballs that a Referee doesn't give them because he can't actually believe that a player is actually committing so many fouls and thinks that he must be imagining them.

It was quite obvious that the idiots at Everton's offer of £12m had to be snapped up as it allowed us to buy Mawson at less than half the price.

All we need to do now is get rid of the king of cheap unnecessary edge of the box free kick giveaways and generally unreliable everywhere else Fernandez, and the other centre half makeweights we have, and find another Mawson, and we're sorted whilst the Everton supporters continue to cry into their weak Northern beer over our ex centre half.

LOL. Your description of Fernandez is uncanny, I could not have put it better, absolutely spot on. I'd swap him for Williams tomorrow even though he is fat 'n old 😀
The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 15:45 - Jul 28 with 3959 viewsLoyal

The Swansea Curse ... and Ash on 13:35 - Jul 28 by MarinaJack

But ash didn't grow up supporting the swans or hating Cardiff

football is a job to these guys all he has done is swop one employer for another who pays him more money

ash is a Swansea legend but his legs are going, hell be out of this everton team soon but he will have made his money by then and won't care ;)

Ash is not a Swansea legend.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024